• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Once again everyone, ignore Mariotehplumber. As humorous as his childish rantings are, it's not helping the conversation at all.

I think we've all established where we each stand as of this point in time. I don't think many people are going to change their minds until some more information is revealed.

With regards to the "different bosses at higher levels" idea, I think that'd be great. It reminds me of the True Arena from Kirby.

Last edited:

Chief Quimby

Smash Apprentice
Bruh.

How do you explain him getting names like Bramble Blast and Endless ocean, then? You can't tell what game it's from if all you see in the stage icon is blue, and there aren't notable locations in endless ocean to recognize, while Bramble blast is the name of the remixed Stickerbrush symphony song that appeared in Brawl, the list goes on.

Critizing a picture because "pixels look wrong", or it "looks like another picture" is completely different from having actual inconsistencies in a text leak.
Bramble Blast is the name of the stage the song first appears on in DKC2. It's called Stickerbush Symphony on the DKC2 OST.

I don't see how Endless Ocean qualifies as specific either. It's as specific as "Game & Wario".

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Once again everyone, ignore Mariotehplumber. As humorous as his childish rantings are, it's not helping the conversation at all.

I think we've all established where we each stand as of this point in time. I don't think many people are going to change their minds until some more information is revealed.

With regards to the "different bosses at higher levels" idea, I think that'd be great. It reminds me of the True Arena from Kirby.
I am helping this but showing the light that this tower of smash leak is a tower of bs. don't hate because you are biased towards me.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
You'rr missing the point. Regardless of the amount of information given, people can deconfirm just about anything no matter how legitimate.
Basically this quote still applies:
You can try to explain an inconsistency but it won't go away. Saying "oh he could've only known the stages from the pictures" proves nothing as long as this rumor has no solid proof. If he had said in the post itself anything other than "Wii U stage information" and "I'm the Tower of Smash leaker" then you could've used that, but he didn't say anything.

First it has to be proven correct before any excuses can be made in its favor.
Until then, a bucket of salt should be taken in discussing this rumor.
The "Well it could be real and we could look real stupid later" Mentality is not what we took with the literal hundreds of Text based rumors before, so it should not start now.
I don't see how Endless Ocean qualifies as specific either. It's as specific as "Game & Wario".
It's a specific game, and while Game & Wario has many microgames attached to it, Endless ocean is well, an ocean.

Last edited:

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Double Posting Warning Received
Until Sakurai reveals a stage totally out of left field and is in no way mentioned in the leak, I'm going to believe it. Why? Because I want it to be true lol. The "Great Fox" issue does seem to make the leak a little less reliable, but then again, I also agree with some of the people above. What else would you call this stage at first glance? Spaceship? Maybe the icon for it is the Great Fox, so therefore, the leaker thought to call it Great Fox.

I don't think we can even prove most of this leak is FOR SURE false for a while, or at least until Tower of Smash is confirmed or de-confirmed. Just because it seems like most of this stage leak contains very general stage names that can cover a lot of bases.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
I don't think we can even prove most of this leak is FOR SURE false for a while, or at least until Tower of Smash is confirmed or de-confirmed. Just because it seems like most of this stage leak contains very general stage names that can cover a lot of bases.
It is false bro.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Oh, that...
Yeah that is the only thing that COULD be credible, and those 4 characters are on the tower of smash leak so I thats why I humor it. Then there is also the fact Tower of Smash as a concept makes alot of sense but right now I dont believe it, im merely open to the fact its a possibility.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
You can try to explain an inconsistency but it won't go away. Saying "oh he could've only known the stages from the pictures" proves nothing as long as this rumor has no solid proof. If he had said in the post itself anything other than "Wii U stage information" and "I'm the Tower of Smash leaker" then you could've used that, but he didn't say anything.

First it has to be proven correct before any excuses can be made in its favor.
Until then, a bucket of salt should be taken in discussing this rumor.
The "Well it could be real and we could look real stupid later" Mentality is not what we took with the literal hundreds of Text based rumors before, so it should not start now.
You can make up as many rules as you like, before you consider other factors as to why the "leaker" said and did what they did; But the fact of the matter still stands, we need more before we can write off this rumor.

You are free to believe it's fake, it's your opinion, nothing wrong with that.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's been decided to close this thread for an undetermined amount of time. It will be reopened again if further information is shown or if people are able to have level headed discussions/ignore trolling attempts. But until then, it will remain close.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The thread is reopening for Tower of Smash discussion but keep it civil and on topic. If there is further evidence that debunks this leak, we will be closing this thread.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Onett and Smashville confirmed, that's two more points in favor of the leak.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
When I saw that Smashville was returning...I gained quite a lot of hope for this leak. Especially considering how unlikely it was because "Town and City" seems to replace it altogether.
Apparently not...

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Onett and Smashville confirmed, that's two more points in favor of the leak.
Was Smashville on that list? Wow, I thought it was just Onnet! Two whole points in the leak's favor? Sweet! I think I'm gonna go ahead and get behind this leak now. Really, I think it's just a matter of time before the leak is basically confirmed with more stage reveals in PoTDs and the like.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Once I see Bowser's Castle/ New DK Stage I'll be fully convinced. But I'm 60/40 leaning towards possibly true.
I would love it to be the case.

Hopefully as Sakurai shows off HD Wii U reveals of Duck Hunt Dog, R.O.B and Mr. G&W we will get some answers on other stages.

@ U-Throw U-Throw yeah i believe GameXplain did a vid on it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We have Onett and Smashville now, plus the worldwide release of the 3DS version. The Wii U information is going to start spilling out of Sakurai's cup, and if we get an oddball stage like Endless Ocean or Tourian…

Rayhak

Smash Rookie
Was Smashville on that list? Wow, I thought it was just Onnet! Two whole points in the leak's favor? Sweet! I think I'm gonna go ahead and get behind this leak now. Really, I think it's just a matter of time before the leak is basically confirmed with more stage reveals in PoTDs and the like.
Let's just hope this does'nt end up being like the Gematsu Leak, with bunch of correct things over and over and suddenly failing.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I really like the list of stages a lot. I just hope Bowser's Castle is from 3D World and not from the original Super Mario Bros. which I get the sinking feeling knowing Sakurai it will be.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I really like the list of stages a lot. I just hope Bowser's Castle is from 3D World and not from the original Super Mario Bros. which I get the sinking feeling knowing Sakurai it will be.
I'd be fine with original Super Mario Bros. Bowser's Castle, so long as it has updated graphics. Now, don't get me wrong, I love how Sakurai pay homage to older games with 8/16-Bit graphics in Assist Trophies and arcade stages, like Ballon Fight, but there is a point where the line needs to be drawn. I'm fine the Gameboy and Ballon Fight stages, but the retro F-Zero rubbed me the wrong way. I guess it's fine, but I would have preferred an updated one. Same for Bowser's Castle. It wouldn't kill me or anything, especially seeing as Mario already has a variety if updated stages, but I still don't think it would look exactly right.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say Onett helps theak at all as this was a safe guess. I find the leak being fake more than real, but I'm open to the vice versa. All we need is an obscure stage like Endless a Ocean or another stage to prove/disprove the leak.

Davis-Lightheart

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say Onett helps theak at all as this was a safe guess. I find the leak being fake more than real, but I'm open to the vice versa. All we need is an obscure stage like Endless a Ocean or another stage to prove/disprove the leak.
More people seem to be pointing at Smashville than Onett, since many thought Smashville was looking redundant as a stage with Town and City being there.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Hey, why would the Mii fighter types have their own Target map, when there specials can be very different. Say, you choose Brawler, with no projectiles. But there is one target that needs a projectile. Plus the stats are different depending on the height.

LOL DUDE

Smash Cadet
Hey, why would the Mii fighter types have their own Target map, when there specials can be very different. Say, you choose Brawler, with no projectiles. But there is one target that needs a projectile. Plus the stats are different depending on the height.
They'd probably make it as to fitting any kind of Mii Fighter you make within the 3 categories. Brawler generally is up-close, so the targets would be within reaching distance. Gunner is generally ranged, so the targets would be positioned to where the best option is to hit them from a distance. Sword Fighter is generally a mix of the two, so the positioning of the targets would be a mix of close and long-range.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
For leak:
- Odd exclusion of Metal Face from Gaur Plains when teased, and the exclusion of Kraid and a "really big Kremlin" from Smash Run.
- Onett stage guessed right
- Game & Wario stage guessed right (it is a weak argument for, but it still tips the scales, just a bit) :4robinm: But one can say that Sakurai didn't name the stage due to it spoiling the inclusion of Wario in the game.
- Smashville stage guessed right
-Sakurai is Sakurai

Against:
- Not getting the name of the Star Fox stage right
-Sakurai is Sakurai

Will update as more PotD's come out.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
I think an Endless Ocean stage would 100% confirm it.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
For leak:
- Odd exclusion of Metal Face from Gaur Plains when teased, and the exclusion of Kraid and a "really big Kremlin" from Smash Run.
- Onett stage guessed right
- Game & Wario stage guessed right (it is a weak argument for, but it still tips the scales, just a bit) :4robinm: But one can say that Sakurai didn't name the stage due to it spoiling the inclusion of Wario in the game.
- Smashville stage guessed right
-Sakurai is Sakurai

Against:
- Not getting the name of the Star Fox stage right
-Sakurai is Sakurai

Will update as more PotD's come out.
The leaker didn't give exact names for the stages in the first place. Some of them are, yes, but some are just reference names for the stages and for us to understand what he said, since it was pure text based. I would say that instead of taking so hard his lack of perfection on giving names about stages that probably he just overviewed quickly or whatever the situation he was at such moment, we should just be patient.

Sakurai is Sakurai, now that is something we gotta keep in mind while we wait, some expectations might come true, some of his own expectations might not come true, we don't really know for now. That's why i'm hoping he reveals important stuff during his next PotDs. Untill then , there is nothing really to talk about that hasn't been talked about or mentioned already.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'd be fine with original Super Mario Bros. Bowser's Castle, so long as it has updated graphics. Now, don't get me wrong, I love how Sakurai pay homage to older games with 8/16-Bit graphics in Assist Trophies and arcade stages, like Ballon Fight, but there is a point where the line needs to be drawn. I'm fine the Gameboy and Ballon Fight stages, but the retro F-Zero rubbed me the wrong way. I guess it's fine, but I would have preferred an updated one. Same for Bowser's Castle. It wouldn't kill me or anything, especially seeing as Mario already has a variety if updated stages, but I still don't think it would look exactly right.
I'd prefer Galaxy, Although we already have a galaxy stage so I guess 3D World is the next best thing

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
As someone who lost some faith in this leak, Smashville returns really makes me happy! I really enjoyed this stage in Brawl. And althought Town & City is almost the same, the plateform layout is still different.
But as I said on another thread, I'm pretty sure that Smashville is back only for KK Slider.

Onett was a safe guess, but it confirms that Melee stages can come back.

To be honest, I'm starting to really believe the leak legitimacy (with a grain of salt), but I still don't believe in the characters.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
As someone who lost some faith in this leak, Smashville returns really makes me happy! I really enjoyed this stage in Brawl. And althought Town & City is almost the same, the plateform layout is still different.
But as I said on another thread, I'm pretty sure that Smashville is back only for KK Slider.

Onett was a safe guess, but it confirms that Melee stages can come back.

To be honest, I'm starting to really believe the leak legitimacy (with a grain of salt), but I still don't believe in the characters.
I get it. You're starting to believe the stages on the leak (and possibly the game modes) are true. Personally, I agree. While those characters still could happen, I find everything else a bit more likely to happen

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Actually I think it is most likely to be a Mario Kart 8 stage

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I can't see it being from 3D World, but I agree that I would much prefer it not be NES Bowser's Castle. A couple of retro tracks are cool, but SSB3DS feels loaded with them, and honestly I'd rather see creative modern-style graphics versions of them (like Hyrule Temple!) as opposed to what we've been getting. =/

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Actually I think it is most likely to be a Mario Kart 8 stage
I kind of doubt it. It seems Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 are going to miss out on this game, just like Mario Galaxy has in Brawl. There hasn't been any reference for 3D World and Kart 8 yet I believe.

I would love it to be based on an older Mario title though because as is, 90% of the new stages (on Wii U) so far are based on the most recent titles. (I am still baffled that Windy Hill of all possible Sonic levels got repped)

I can't see it being from 3D World, but I agree that I would much prefer it not be NES Bowser's Castle. A couple of retro tracks are cool, but SSB3DS feels loaded with them, and honestly I'd rather see creative modern-style graphics versions of them (like Hyrule Temple!) as opposed to what we've been getting. =/
IIRC, hasn't it been just 4 stages? F-Zero, Kirby, Pac-Man and Balloon Fight. Well, I guess with the small stage roster (in terms of new stages) doesn't really help matters. So I see what you mean by that.

But I agree, I want Bowser's Castle to not look retro. I hope it's like what you've said, modern-style graphics on an old school stage.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
As much as I think Nintendo should give the Wii U some timed exclusives or some transfer characters, most people here blowing the Wii U's situation WAY OUT OF PROPORTION, the Wii U sells faster everyday and at a steady rate, not to mention the huge spike with Mario Kart 8...you guys need to calm down and stop being doomsayers.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
As much as I think Nintendo should give the Wii U some timed exclusives or some transfer characters, most people here blowing the Wii U's situation WAY OUT OF PROPORTION, the Wii U sells faster everyday and at a steady rate, not to mention the huge spike with Mario Kart 8...you guys need to calm down and stop being doomsayers.
It's still not exactly doing well though

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
They are not going to survive due to one single game or 2, they gotta keep building more hype to the console and rising the sales to a point that it can really be at a steady rate.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
You guys keep stating how if a certain stage is confirmed the leak is real.IF you ask me if they Tower Of Smash is confirmed.Than this thing is real.I mean you can get stages right but getting a Whole mode right.that's something

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
This is great! Two more stage confirmations, and it looks like most of us are now on the same page. It'll be nice to have another non-returning stage confirmation, but Smashville was a big win.

You guys keep stating how if a certain stage is confirmed the leak is real.IF you ask me if they Tower Of Smash is confirmed.Than this thing is real.I mean you can get stages right but getting a Whole mode right.that's something
Right, the same doubt sort of lingers in the back of my mind... what if they're two separate leaks? They're from separate posts, after all, but from the same user. It's unlikely they're separate, but possible.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
Let me just get this out here. if this is real sakurai is freaking amazing man. that stage list the charachters the mode itself. its just AMAZING. if this is real this is hands down the best smash game ever. keeping us on our toes the whole time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom