• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
Well, this leaked stage could either be Mt. Dedede or Great Cave Offensive. I would let this one slide, as the stage preview probably only shows the castle.

D

Deleted member

It looks like a redesigned Mt Dedede + Great Cave Offensive fusion to me, unless somebody can find a castle section in the GCO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
There's literally no part of it at all that resembles Mt. Dedede. There's no minecart in Mt. Dedede, and the castle's interior doesn't even remotely resemble that.

It's not Mt. Dedede.

domokl

Smash Lord
is it just me or does that not look wii u quality? its just the low resoulotion right?

Burb

The Absolute Worst

Notice the wall in the background isn't complete: it's cracked. You can see it pretty clearly at the bottom, just behind the sparks from the minecart's wheels.

The Great Cave Offensive has the same type of wall: the pattern is different, but both are walls filled with holes that don't entirely fill the background up.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I'm not even sure how a mine cart stage would work in the game so it might be something for a new mode.

D

Deleted member

Found a match. Old Tower in GCO.
Same grate style, same rounded structure near the door. Its just white/gray now. Even the same half oval shape above the door is the same. The whole thing has been modernized.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I wouldn't say this deconfirms it just yet, For all we know it is mount dedede with GCO elements, Or maybe he didn't know it was GCO and though it was Mt. D3 although that may be grasping at straws

Either way I am a sad :(

Last edited:

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
We should also look at the post below it.

Kirby's going for a ride in a mine cart. Well, this situation looks familiar. This stage has some rules that are rare in the Smash Bros. Series.
Wonder what the rules will be.

Jellybat

Smash Rookie
the new stage leak definately doesnt bode well with this... BUT if you are to follow the same logic used with the new starfox stage, which is that the leaker is fairly limited on his knowledge regarding the stages(seeing great fox in the star fox stage).

if we are to assume that he again saw a screenshot or something limited. he might have thought this stage as a donkey kong country stage just because how well known the carts are from the series

i have never played a kirby game yet so i dont know how recognizable this stage is to kirby fans but from my little google searching i would say its gonna be fairly difficult to think of a cart with mt dedede UNLESS its somehow fused with mt dedede parts.(correct my mistake if im wrong).

so the 2 conclusions that are above that could still save this leak are:

1. the leaker marked the cart stage as a donkey kong stage

2. the stage has parts of mt dedede in it.

overall though both of my conclusions are standing on a fairly weak basis. really needs something like endless ocean stage reveal for me to get some believe on this again.

Last edited:

Jellybat

Smash Rookie
That's strange. If there was going to be a minecart level, those things are WAY more associated with DK than Kirby.
i never really read the leak specifically so i dont know the stage list that well outside of some noteworthy ones.

was there any donkey kong country stages listed in it?

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
This is the cherry on top of the logic sundae I've dished out in here today.
i never really read the leak specifically so i dont know the stage list that well outside of some noteworthy ones.

was there any donkey kong country stages listed in it?
Bramble Blast and Jungle Hijinx. I assumed Jungle Hijinx could have incorproated many DK tropes, and minecarts might've been one of them. Doing a minecart stage based on Kirby, of all things, just seems weird to me.

Jellybat

Smash Rookie
Bramble Blast and Jungle Hijinx. I assumed Jungle Hijinx could have incorproated many DK tropes, and minecarts might've been one of them. Doing a minecart stage based on Kirby, of all things, just seems weird to me.
well. thats definately some specific names there. if it was something as vague as great fox i would have kept belief. but with 2 stages NEITHER being either a cave or a ruins stage kinda makes it hard for me to believe that he would have misunderstood it. thus only my logic#2 remains..

josh bones

Smash Lord
What did you find to be a baseless claim? Seems like I was right the whole time. I've been right about pretty much everything I have put an opinion on (minus one particular thing).
You called it a "wishlist" nitpicked about names, sounds like baselss clams to me

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
What did you find to be a baseless claim? Seems like I was right the whole time. I've been right about pretty much everything I have put an opinion on (minus one particular thing).

Anyways, about the recent stage leak, Honestly guys, this doesn't debunk the leak.

There might be a chance that the stage is a travelling stage, and cycles through other games of Kirby Super Star/Ultra, including Mt. Dedede from either Spring Breeze or Revenge of the King, especially since those Mine-carts aren't in front of the old tower in KSS. If they are gonna make a stage based off of Kirby SUper Star, likely hood is that it will include other games from it as apposed to just one.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Let's all just wait and see where the cart comes from instead of jumping the gun, yeah?
For all we know, it could be another transforming stage like that Paper Mario one on 3DS
God damn that stage.
Damn it to hell.

Last edited:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
i still believe. this is prob mt. dedede.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
You called it a "wishlist" nitpicked about names, sounds like baselss clams to me
Because its not a 'leak'. I'm not nitpicking about names, I'm actually holding the leak to its word instead of saying, 'OH I bet he had a foggy contact lense and thought a stage playing on Arwings was a Great Fox' or whatever things people are making up offhand.

The desperation is not dignifying.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
Although this really doesn't seem to be in favor of this leak, we should probably wait a little longer before we hand down a verdict. We don't know anything about this stage yet, it could indeed just as well be a scrolling stage through different Kirby areas. Sakurai will probably say something about the stage in an upcoming pic of the day, so let's wait until we get some more info from him.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
You are not contributing to the conversation in any meaningful way. Unless you have something useful to say, please leave.
If you believe the leak to be bogus, then fine, but we don't want to hear about your opinion, pal. (Not that we haven't heard it about 3 times already)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hope is the greatest gift.

Until it's outright disconfirmed, it's fun to sit back and speculate all the same. Nothing wrong with that, no harm done to anybody. If you don't want to get involved, then by all means don't, but at least be considerate enough to let the rest of us fine folk have our moments of fun.

Last edited:

josh bones

Smash Lord
Because its not a 'leak'. I'm not nitpicking about names, I'm actually holding the leak to its word instead of saying, 'OH I bet he had a foggy contact lense and thought a stage playing on Arwings was a Great Fox' or whatever things people are making up offhand.

The desperation is not dignifying.
It is nitpicking about names as, saying gamer over game and wario is basically the same thing, diffrent title, would you do the same thing if I called Zelda Princess Zelda?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Guys, please chill. We don't want this thread getting locked again now do we?

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
You are not contributing to the conversation in any meaningful way. Unless you have something useful to say, please leave.
If you believe the leak to be bogus, then fine, but we don't want to hear about your opinion, pal. (Not that we haven't heard it about 3 times already)
It's debunked. This stage isn't on the list. It's over. I didn't realize I could have people in the palm of my hands just by posting stuff on 4Chan with no credibility and no evidence, have it debunked in several different forms, and still have people desperately clinging on to it bcuz Ridley.

People are getting awful butthurt. I won't bother posting anymore because if you still think this tripe is worth talking about there's nothin I can say that will getting you thinking straight. But by the end you'll know I was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom