• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Looks like hes shooting something else

archive.moe/v/thread/264550923/#264550923

Rumored wii u stage list

Well now we are getting somewhere if he gets a bunch of the unannounced stages right thats worth looking into.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Looks like hes shooting something else

archive.moe/v/thread/264550923/#264550923

Rumored wii u stage list

Well now we are getting somewhere if he gets a bunch of the unannounced stages right thats worth looking into.
Copypasta'd for ease

New Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Mushroom Kingdom U
Mario Galaxy
Bowser's Castle
Jungle Hijinx
Bramble Blast
Skyloft
Forest Haven
Yoshi's Story
Pyrosphere
Tourian
Nimbassa City
Kalos Pokemon League
Great Fox
Mute City
Coliseum
Town and City
Cookie Country
Mt. DeDeDe
Patch Land
Palutena's Temple
Underworld
Game & Wario
Rhythm Heaven
Garden of Hope
Boxing Ring
Magicant
Wii Fit Studio
Pilot Wings
Endless Ocean
Nintendo Land
NES Remix
Green House
Gyromite
Shooting Gallery
Gaur Plains
Wily's Castle
Windy Hill
Pac-Land

Familiar Stages

Rainbow Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Rumble Falls
Temple
Bridge of Eldin
Pirate Ship
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 2
Lylat Cruise
Port Town Aero Dive
Castle Siege
Smashville
Halberd
Skyworld
WarioWare
Distant Planet
Onett
Flat Zone 2

I do find some of these very likely. I could see being legit... But don't want to get my hopes up.

But.

Temple
Luigi's Mansion
Bowser's Castle
Jungle Hijinx
Bramble Blast
Tourian

YEP. Thank you, I'll take it.

Rainbow Cruise

Sigh...

Last edited:

CriminalNinja

Smash Rookie
If this happens i would be so excited <3 just please give me more reasons not to leave my house

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I've noticed that peeps on Smashboards can make just about anything seem false even if it's true.
Example: Shulk overlay on Little Mac.

With the level of info given, I buy what this man is leaking.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I've noticed that peeps on Smashboards can make just about anything seem false even if it's true.
Example: Shulk overlay on Little Mac.

With the level of info given, I buy what this man is leaking.
The lack of eyes on that monkey always trips me up man

Spatman

Smash Ace
I'm skeptical about these leaks... but if they were true, I... I... I could just die for happiness!

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
that... stage list is... incredible!! Loving the DKC rep! :D

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So skeptical about this leak, since I don't want to get my hopes up only to have them dashed on the rocks.

...but I WANT THIS SO BAD!!!! If this was true, SSB4U is perfect, done, gg other gaming companies

Only think I'd rather is Stadium 1 instead of 2, but I'll take pretty much anything if Mewtwo and Ridley are in.

Ugh, time to go back to my pre-Brawl activities - YouTubeing the music and dreaming...

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Warning Received
This dude named michael used to ride motor cycles
**** bigger then a tower i'm not talkin bout Eiffel's

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
If there were more characters. it would not be a secret. They'd want people to know at the very least that there will be more characters and build up suspense for who they will be. That everyone thinks we're going to be hit with a surprise with the Wii U version suffer from an excess of wishful thinking. Sakurai reiterated his stance to keep the same roster for both versions when he cut the Ice Climbers. So it's not going to happen.

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
Double Posts merged/Warning Received
Okay, Endless Ocean as a stage makes me want to say this is real...

And if it is... no Big Blue..... :urg:

If there were more characters. it would not be a secret. They'd want people to know at the very least that there will be more characters and build up suspense for who they will be. That everyone thinks we're going to be hit with a surprise with the Wii U version suffer from an excess of wishful thinking. Sakurai reiterated his stance to keep the same roster for both versions when he cut the Ice Climbers. So it's not going to happen.
I know this is thrown around a lot, but is it not more likely that if there is any "Interconnected Character unlocks," that they would be also available as paid DLC for either console if you happen to not have the 3DS or Wii U, respectively? I'm not saying that the "Tower of Smash" leak is real, as much as I'd want it to be, and feel that it may could be, but this would be a plausible way to do it.
If anything is holding this back from being real, it's that the DLC includes a couple of the "Hype Three," so I'd call that it's biggest hurdle to being believable, not the interconnectivity aspect adding more characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
The reason why I can't believe this is from his original leak. He states that there are 5 newcomers via connecting the consoles, but with Mii Fighters on the select screen, the roster fills out at 4 instead of 5 now.

As pessimistic a thought as this is, is it not more like Nintendo to not really pay attention to 'hype,' as we know it? I mean Iwata originally wanted Smash to be a 3DS exclusive! Seriously, Sakurai's decision to make it for the Wii U as well probably saved Iwata's neck. I wouldn't put much stock on the Wii U version having much more than maybe a Stage Builder mode and a few exclusive stages, at this point.
Nintendo is as innovative as they are @$$-backwards about certain things.

Last edited:

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
Always assume rumors are false, rather than assuming they're true. As much as I want to believe it's real, it likely isn't. Still you never know.

Werner Herzog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jack_Sjunior
3DS FC
1864-9302-8583
The reason why I can't believe this is from his original leak. He states that there are 5 newcomers via connecting the consoles, but with Mii Fighters on the select screen, the roster fills out at 4 instead of 5 now.

As pessimistic a thought as this is, is it not more like Nintendo to not really pay attention to 'hype,' as we know it? I mean Iwata originally wanted Smash to be a 3DS exclusive! Seriously, Sakurai's decision to make it for the Wii U as well probably saved Iwata's neck. I wouldn't put much stock on the Wii U version having much more than maybe a Stage Builder mode and a few exclusive stages, at this point.
Nintendo is as innovative as they are @$$-backwards about certain things.
Nah, 5 Newcomers doesn't discount it in the slightest. Remember the arrow buttons for the CSS and level select found in the 3DS version's code? Either those get used or there's some kind of "DLC" button added next to the Random one. If Sakurai/Nintendo decided to do DLC for Smash, they wouldn't let lack of CSS symmetry slow them down - they would find a way to work around it, especially considering the kind of legs Smash games have. If we get DLC at all, it won't be just a one-time thing; more will follow. And yes, the Wii U version definitely needs more than just a stage builder and a few unique stages - remember that Smash Run is confirmed 3DS exclusive. No way does Sakurai decide not to include some kind of single player alternative in the console version, and no way does Nintendo let the struggling Wii U eat the cost of HD development for their second-biggest franchise by releasing a glorified port of the handheld version with less content.

There is no way of knowing (yet) if this rumor is true or not, but there is also nothing within it that explicitly makes it fake. Whatever the case, this is guaranteed: there are things that will be in the Wii U version from day one that we don't know about yet. Major things. Maybe it's just a unique new single player mode and some cool as-yet-unseen stages... personally, even that would be enough to excite me, and it's the very least we would get. As much as I agree that it's better for everyone to avoid crazy hype and keep their expectations in check, there is no need for drastic pessimism yet.

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Why is Smashville back when Town and City is effectively the same thing?

GoddessOfLamps

Smash Ace
Why is Smashville back when Town and City is effectively the same thing?
Because it's obviously fake, Because Sakurai logic! There are so many inconsistencies in that stage list that it really screams fake. Mt Dedede is part of the Kirby gameboy stage, Bowser's Castle is part of the Paper Mario stage, there is no DCKR stage and so much more. Not to mention NES Remix was released at december 2013. It just seems too good to be true.

EDIT: Also why are all the returning stages from Brawl? Ugh why can't we have Fountain of Dreams or Fourside (instead of the abysmal Rumble Falls)... We miss those stages Sakurai!

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Yoshi's Island and Onett are from Melee, but yeah, the returning stage list does look very questionable. Some of them are also already in the 3DS game, and I doubt they're going to double up.

GoddessOfLamps

Smash Ace
Yoshi's Island and Onett are from Melee, but yeah, the returning stage list does look very questionable. Some of them are also already in the 3DS game, and I doubt they're going to double up.
What I meant is that all of the returning stages have been in Brawl (not that they necessarily originated in Brawl). I do think the double up thing is plausible, especially considering we already have a few stages that are shared such as Gaur Plains, Dr Willy's Castle and the Boxing Ring.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
What I meant is that all of the returning stages have been in Brawl (not that they necessarily originated in Brawl). I do think the double up thing is plausible, especially considering we already have a few stages that are shared such as Gaur Plains, Dr Willy's Castle and the Boxing Ring.
Yeah, but those are all new stages. With such a large roster of past stages to choose from, I'm more skeptical that we'll see repeats.

Spatman

Smash Ace
now they have to sell 3ds version. When it will be sold in the whole world for at least 1 month, perhaps, they'll start to talk about relevant news for wii u version.
This seems quite rational and so realistic, imho

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Guys didn't we rip everything from the 3DS already.

As fantastical of an idea it is that the WiiU is going to just plop down the whole code of 5 characters into the 3DS, that's just not how you do things in gaming. If you're gunna pull that stunt, it's going to be content thats like 90% complete with the WiiU only patching in some minor information for the 3DS. We don't see any evidence that these characters exist at all in the code.

I suppose Nintendo could be aware that we can rip **** from a 3DS, and actually went the hard way with these characters and made the WiiU full download them into the 3DS so we couldn't find them, but that is WAY too big of a stretch.

Stop paying attention to this fake leak guys, you're only waiting to get your souls crushed.

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I find everyone quoting Sakurai as saying both versions will hold the same roster has little weight. True, he did, but he's said a lot of things and gone back on his word, such as his disinterest in 3rd party characters. Ya, so much for that one.. Him looking to limit clone characters was another major flip-flop.

He said this a long while back too, likely while Ice Climbers were still trying to be worked into the game (there has been proof of IC being coded as playable, but possibly abandoned). He very well may have said this in anticipation that IC could be programmed into the 3DS version.

So why wouldn't they announce this now? Because if this were true, 3DS sales would get cut in favor of the Wii U. Sure, many will by 3DS for mobility and ease, but a limited roster will dissuade many. The better strategy would be wait until after 3DS launch, preferably a week before the Wii U launch, THEN announce it, potentially reeling in double-purchases of smash. This also correlates with the linking rumors (assuming they imply the Wii U gets the extra characters, not the 3DS, also explaining why they are not coded in the 3DS.

I'm not saying the rumor is true, but we haven't proven it false yet. I think there's slim chance we're getting THAT many stages on Wii U, but again, you're talking about a same-game as the 3DS with much larger size capabilities, so it's possible..

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Wow, that stage list is impressive! I really hope patch land is in, my girlfriend will freak out. :) She really enjoyed epic yarn, and so did a lot of people I think.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Guys didn't we rip everything from the 3DS already.

As fantastical of an idea it is that the WiiU is going to just plop down the whole code of 5 characters into the 3DS, that's just not how you do things in gaming. If you're gunna pull that stunt, it's going to be content thats like 90% complete with the WiiU only patching in some minor information for the 3DS. We don't see any evidence that these characters exist at all in the code.

I suppose Nintendo could be aware that we can rip **** from a 3DS, and actually went the hard way with these characters and made the WiiU full download them into the 3DS so we couldn't find them, but that is WAY too big of a stretch.

Stop paying attention to this fake leak guys, you're only waiting to get your souls crushed.
Or maybe they'll release a patch. There's nearly a gig of unknown information sitting on the 3DS cartridge that's completely inaccessible at the moment.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Or maybe they'll release a patch. There's nearly a gig of unknown information sitting on the 3DS cartridge that's completely inaccessible at the moment.
That gig of unknown content doesn't exist. We literally ripped the entire cart's data. There's nothing there. There's no hidden data. The game is on a 2 gig card and the box shows the cart size rather than the game size for some reason.

There is room for speculation when we don't have the ability to crack the games open and extract all the data. But we did. Nothing is there. The only content left in that cart that we can't see is some unused CSS and SSS icons, nothing to do with 5 new characters.

Last edited:

Roxas215

Smash Lord
When something is too good to be true it usually is. Were not getting 60 stages. Were not getting that many DK stages.

As far as DLC is concered i do believe we will get some type of DLC. Now what that dlc is i have no idea and i def don't believe in these (5 extra characters) If the wii u link thing was true the data would be in the cart already. It's not.

However with MK8 and Hyrule Warriors getting dlc it's down right delusional to think Smash Bros won't have some type of DLC. We just have to wait and see what it is.

Last edited:

marvel b

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-3428-7359
could the supposed "extra gig of data" refer to the grand final amount of dlc stages,characters,and patches in the future?if you get the game and you only have some much space and say"ah,one gig is all i need!"then the dlc,and patches come out and you have no room.its a sublte way of saying more to come!
p.s, great list of stages.if alot of them have an omega form,then the tower of souls might not have repeat stages in it!!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That gig of unknown content doesn't exist. We literally ripped the entire cart's data. There's nothing there. There's no hidden data. The game is on a 2 gig card and the box shows the cart size rather than the game size for some reason.

There is room for speculation when we don't have the ability to crack the games open and extract all the data. But we did. Nothing is there. The only content left in that cart that we can't see is some unused CSS and SSS icons, nothing to do with 5 new characters.
No. IT DOES EXIST. We just have no way of accessing it at the moment. The game is on a 4 gig cart, and takes up 2.1 gig of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom