• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Bleck

Smash Cadet
I just want to remind people about the "MOTHER****ING Leak" before we talk about what is impossible. In fact, it sounds eerily familiar with another NeoGaf leak that bust open during the night Smash was released in Japan. For now, lets treat t with extreme caution and track down the source.

Last edited:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
While I don't see any reason to take this as anything but a rumor for now, everything listed seems entirely plausible, although having everybody unlocked from the start just seems weird. Misread the trophy part.

Last edited:

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
Yeah he is, his long limbs, tail bone and head shape make it incredibly obvious that it's the Other M design.

Either way, the mode sounds fun, but I don't really trust this, if only for the fact that it states Ridley is wingless and all sorts of ****, that sounds way bizarre for him. That and I really don't think we're going to see anymore characters.
Show me the giant, muscular arms.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I think this is fake however i think a tower of smash is possible.So this is what i'm gonna do if sakurai comes out and says there is a tower of smash this leak is 100% real and i'm on the bandwagon.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
It all sounds great, but I'm not buying this leak for a moment. I can't see anything that differentiates this leak's reliability from that of the myriad of other fake text leaks prior to the 3DS release...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wait, all characters unlocked at the beginning on the Wii U?

Yeah, now this doesn't sound as likely. It's possible that Sakurai decided to make them already unlocked on the Wii U since you would find them on the 3DS anyway, although some people may not even buy the 3DS version (Not inluding me, I'm getting both versions) and it just seems weird that there would be no unlockable characters in the Wii U.

It's also still just a text leak.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Also, food for thought: I bring you this. http://i.imgur.com/PtfcSVM.png

Can we find out what all this missing space is?
No, no, no. Stop with this people. 3DS cards don't work this way, there's no space for DLC etc. on the game ROM. DLC would go to an SD card. That Japanese advertising was simply wrong. The game is more like 1.1 GB on a 2 GB card, not 2.1 GB on a 4 GB card. BTW the exact amount difference between the Japanese advertising and the final game wouldn't be the only space available on the card anyway, they don't make exactly 2.1 GB memory chips.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
You know, something I find extremely laughable is that most of these rumors keep talking about five characters, as if explaining the remaining five possible spaces in the character selection screen...

...When we already know that Mii Fighters appear in the screen with customizations on, meaning only four more could fit in.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good but what would the point of having to link the 3ds and wii u to get characters added? is it just so people with the 3ds version will have to buy the wii u version too? I just can't see that happening but would be cool if it did.

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
You know, something I find extremely laughable is that most of these rumors keep talking about five characters, as if explaining the remaining five possible spaces in the character selection screen...

...When we already know that Mii Fighters appear in the screen with customizations on, meaning only four more could fit in.
This, a thousand times. Any leak that mentions more than 4 characters is automatically nonsense.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Something I do find weird is that there has not yet been a dixie, mewtwo, ridley, impa, or chorus men trophy found. I'm basing that off the thread in this forum so maybe they have. I still find the odds of this to be fake, but the only reason I want to say no is to help the wii u out.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Something I do find weird is that there has not yet been a dixie, mewtwo, ridley, impa, or chorus men trophy found. I'm basing that off the thread in this forum so maybe they have. I still find the odds of this to be fake, but the only reason I want to say no is to help the wii u out.
mewtwo,dixie, and chorus kids have trophys, Impa and ridley dont

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Fake. I don't think they would release the Wii U version with the 3rd Gen remakes of Pokemon on the same week and day. That wasted profit to pick one or the other.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Fake. I don't think they would release the Wii U version with the 3rd Gen remakes of Pokemon on the same week and day. That wasted profit to pick one or the other.
Link between worlds and Super mario 3d world were released on same day and they both sold great

Whia

Smash Apprentice
That all sounds hella stupid. All characters and stages locked from the get-go would be kind of disappointing for people who've only purchased the Wii U version, and if they wanted to save 3DS users the time, they could just make characters transferable.

Impa, canonically, has no magical abilities if I'm not mistaken, so why would they give her any in Smash?

Mewtwo's final smash summoning both MMX and MMY is just...dumb...and weird.

Also why the hell would Ridley ever have no wings?

That is all nonsense.

Last edited:

Count Bleck

Smash Cadet
I was going to suggest the Mystery Creature, but a quick gameplay viewing showed me how dumb that sounded.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
much like every other leak I view without any credibility it's just another rumor. (wouldn't be against it being real tho)

Werner Herzog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jack_Sjunior
3DS FC
1864-9302-8583
I'm taking this with a Ridley-sized grain of salt, but I don't think there's anything here that is completely implausible. In response to some things people DO find implausible:

- 5 characters when the 3DS CSS only leaves room for four: I picture a scenario where there is some kind of 'DLC' button on the CSS that opens a pop-up or new screen. If we're getting DLC characters at all, they won't be limited in number purely because of lack of space on the handheld's CSS. With how long a life cycle this game will have, it would be very weird if a one-and-done set of characters during release window were all that we ever got. Look to MK8 and it's year-spanning rollout as an example of what would probably happen.
- November 21st: I'd put money on this being the US release date, fake leak or not. Too many signs point to this being the date. As pointed out already, Mario 3D World and ALBW both came out on 11/22 last year, which only further cements it.
- Ridley Wings: Wording is weird, but I can see it. "Grows" is probably misleading, I'm guessing he means the wings are just folded on his back while on the ground and stretch out when in the air. Perfectly plausible.
- All Stages/Characters Unlocked: To me, this is one of the bigger indicators this might be the real deal. Nintendo wants this game to have longevity, and the key to that is to have it be embraced by the competitive scene. Within that scene, and especially among organizers, a game that's so easy to pick up and play right out of the gate would be ideal. Also, being able to promote the game without hiding significant chunks of it would greatly help Nintendo's marketing department, who are already in the tough spot of having to ride the 3DS version's coattails. Speaking of which, it would also make the game more appealing to 3DS version owners who want the game but don't want to go through the hassle of starting back at 0. Everybody wins.

On top of that, Smash Tower and the description of the way the Chorus Men are controlled are so very, very Sakurai. I'm indecisive about whether or not this is true, but if it is fake then whoever put it together did a very credible job.

Remember the Bowser Jr./Koopalings leak and how insane the idea of 7 alts for one character seemed, or clone corner on what ended up being the real leak of the final roster? What those situations taught me is that sometimes it's the imperfections and little things people are inclined to scream "FAKE!" at that make a leak look more real in retrospect. There is just enough on here that is either true and weird or too obviously BS that I'm inclined to think it may be the real deal. There's no personalized, desperate attempt at proving validity either (ex. 'My dad's friend works in localization at Nintendo and here's what he told me", or "I can't reveal what I know publicly so solve this macro to break the code"), just definitive claims dropped with no fanfare. If it's a troll, it's a troll who doesn't care if anybody believes him or not. If that's the case, then why even make the effort if you don't know something?

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Link between worlds and Super mario 3d world were released on same day and they both sold great
Reasonable, but not optimal, especially if they want the Wii U to sell even more by the end of this year. Not going to hamper it hard, but will effect sales for sure.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Please be true please be true please be true. The roster would be 100000% perfect if this were true. A concern I have is that it's the same characters we've seen added onto the Ninka leak. I don't really know who added that on though. I'm going to be a fool here and get my hopes up again... I won't be mad this time if Mewtwo's not really back but seriously if this is fake the guy who made it is pure evil for screwing with our hearts like this.

Last edited:

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo and Ridley are fine. The other three are garbage choices for characters.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so Ridley just grows wings when using his Up B? Not only is that lazy, it's also physically impossible! And I'm also to assume Mewtwo just randomly asexually reproduces when he uses his Final Smash? although that would explain a few things in the Pokémon universe...

Sorry, but I don't believe this leak. Although Tower of Smash would sound fun, as much as I'd love Ridley and Mewtwo as playable characters, I can't see this happening.

Just a side note, I think the original Ganon would be much better representation of both Zelda and villains than Impa, but hey, that's just me.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
This type of thing is the value add that would really push Wii U sales if true.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Wait, so Ridley just grows wings when using his Up B? Not only is that lazy, it's also physically impossible! And I'm also to assume Mewtwo just randomly asexually reproduces when he uses his Final Smash? although that would explain a few things in the Pokémon universe...

Sorry, but I don't believe this leak. Although Tower of Smash would sound fun, as much as I'd love Ridley and Mewtwo as playable characters, I can't see this happening.

Just a side note, I think the original Ganon would be much better representation of both Zelda and villains than Impa, but hey, that's just me.
Ridley can actually regenerate limbs in Metroid lore, so it's not /entirely/ out of the question.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
All of this would be really cool, so of course it's fake. He should have thrown in something stupid to make it seem credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom