• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Tower of Smash sounds like a cool side mode, but I would not want it to be the "big" game mode for Wii U.

Just give me an Adventure Mode called Super Smash World using upgraded assets from Smash Run (enemies, chests, powers, etc).

Last edited:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
The real new mode is called Tower of Tears and features you facing every cut character 1 on 1, in order of when they were cut. They are fully fleshed out with new moves and whatnot, but you just can't play as them. At all.

Last edited:

marvel b

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-3428-7359
i actually find this leak very believable. their are actually some things i need to bring up!
1.remember when sakurai interupted that meeting saying "mewtwo is being considered".
2.the trophy quiz showed a LoZ and Metroid trophy, possibly teasing impa and ridley.
3.dixie was one of the forbidden for brawl,where most of the forbidden came in the next installment.
4.mario kart 8's dlc Gives you costumes for getting BOTH packs,so impa could be the same case
5.i believe there was a leak that stated the Mii Fighters gets put somewhere else on the menu,so maybe this could happen in a patch
6.impa did know magic! remember in ocarina of time when shiek said impa sealed the evil into the well? obviously she used magic to do that!
7.chorus kids have a smash run enemy! (before you say "but so did ice climbers,but where are they" remember they were in the series before, justifying that enemy)
8.retooling the "tower of smash" could be another influence of NAMCO, like how Final destination looks like the soul calibur stages where the swords combine(maybe master core was influenced too?)

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So...this is a thing.
I'm all for it- I mean, it gives me everything I ever wanted for Smash. Mewtwo and Ridley....AND Impa? Sakurai would be the God of gaming after such a stunt. Now all we have to do is wait and see if the Tower appears in a PotD...<3

Prism

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jesset202
3DS FC
0576-5008-6643
The mode sounds cool, but I'm instantly disregarding this at "both MMX and MMY appear on either side of the stage". Also, I highly doubt all the characters and stages will be unlocked when you purchase the Wii U version (and I'll be disappointed if they are).

Last edited:

marvel b

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-3428-7359
well it would make sense if he meant ALL THE CHARACTERS AND STAGES FROM THE 3DS UNLOCKED. or something like that,and mewtwo could just mega evolve,and summon the other mega for a cinematic smash, like megaman's final smash.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'm taking everything that says you can unlock characters by connecting the two systems as false. I strongly doubt this will happen though no DLC at all would be surprising I just don't expect it to be this calendar year.

Tower of Smash sounds like a good substitute for Event Matches so I'd be all up for it but we'll see.

Last edited:

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
I want this to be true, I really do. Mewtwo is my favorite video game character and maybe favorite character out of all mediums. However until one thing from this leak gets confirmed I will and would suggest taking it with a Thats No Moon thats a Grain of Salt.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
If this is the case lets take a look at the roster image. Heres a mock up I did in the Roster Maker App
http://i.imgur.com/BC7P7I7.jpg
Next I have a mock up including the characters from this "Smash Tower" leak with their respective franchises. Note I had to move some groups around so it would fit properly.
http://i.imgur.com/Zo8GT0G.jpg
And finally a mock up of just adding those characters together at the bottom with the third party characters. Note, I still had to move Shulk up next to Ness.
http://i.imgur.com/4uXTDnS.jpg

Now while I would gladly accept this leak as part of the Wii U version, it just seems fishy based on just the movement of the character on the roster to get then line up properly. But we all know it kind of went out window as Yoshi is placed in between "Mario" characters on the real thing. So who knows, I may have just wasted an hour making these lol

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Kinda hope some of it is fake, just because Tower of Smash sounds pretty lame IMO. But the rest sounds pretty good.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As much as I like the idea of a "Tower of Smash" mode, I'm gonna to say it's a fake until I hear more new details regarding the Wii U version.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Maybe the characters will become unlocked if you already unlocked them on the 3ds. I would be fine with that. But they should keep new wii u stages locked so that we'll have some suprises.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Although I love the idea of having more characters in the game (particularly the ones that I wanted so much), I'm skeptical to say the least.

But the tower of Smash? It wouldn't surprise me if that was true (and God I hope it is).

And this guy is pretty damn specific... As far as I'm concerned, he's either a great troll or he's really telling the truth.

Last edited:

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
Well Nintendo of France has the smash Wii u release date as Nov 21.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Please be true, that actually sounds really cool, I find Smash Run to be kinda lame...

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Pretty much false by now

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
November 21st has been confirmed. This leak has a bit of credibility. But I won't be completely sure until the Smash Tower is shown. At that point we just have to wait for Mewtwo and Ridley to be leaked. (and co.)

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
November 21st has been confirmed. This leak has a bit of credibility. But I won't be completely sure until the Smash Tower is shown. At that point we just have to wait for Mewtwo and Ridley to be leaked. (and co.)
Hasn't that date been floating around for a few weeks from retailers before it was shown on Nintendo of France's website? If the leak is fake, using that date would make the most sense because it's safe. I'm not counting them getting the date right for or against it.

Pretty much false by now
Why? We still know next to nothing about the Wii U version.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
As much as I like the idea of a "Tower of Smash" mode, I'm gonna to say it's a fake until I hear more new details regarding the Wii U version.
You might as well say nothing at all. Or just say plausible and wait for the confirmation.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Sounds cool. I'd rather play either classic mode or 1v1.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Sounds nifty. Not SUPER crazy about Smash Tower allegedley replacing Events, but I'm always for long-running series' trying something new. Really, though, I just want this to be true because I'd love to see Dixie and Ridley in there.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I'm keeping my hopes low.

Remember guys. It's all but a text leak. Not even blurred poorly photoshopped pictures.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Tower of Smash sounds pretty awesome, even though it would be way too hard to beat an opponent at 0% if you have 300%.

This whole think sounds really fake to me though.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
Tower of Smash sounds pretty awesome, even though it would be way too hard to beat an opponent at 0% if you have 300%.

This whole think sounds really fake to me though.
I would run around and throw items until they were K.O ready. I beat Master Hand and Crazy Hand without taking damage in melee, this should be easier by comparison.

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I like how all the characters are now unlocked at the start
That's the one thing I don't like unlocking characters is the best part and u only have 12 to unlock compared to brawls 16. Also the unlockable characters are either clones or veterans for the most part.
Also is even mode I wii u?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
That's the one thing I don't like unlocking characters is the best part and u only have 12 to unlock compared to brawls 16. Also the unlockable characters are either clones or veterans for the most part.
Also is even mode I wii u?
I do like that certain characters are pre-unlocked, but others.. I'd have Luigi, Robin, Marth, Palutena, Lucario & the third parties be unlockable. In turn, I'd also have Wario, Lucina & Ness be unlocked from the start.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I do like that certain characters are pre-unlocked, but others.. I'd have Luigi, Robin, Marth, Palutena, Lucario & the third parties be unlockable. In turn, I'd also have Wario, Lucina & Ness be unlocked from the start.
Ya unlocking newcomers is the best part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom