• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

toasty and Wiggles present: Bel Gusto's Presents: SoVa's (other) First Brawl Tourney!

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
>.< That wasn't what I meant by smile....

Regardless, this is definitely gonna be a great weekend since I'm finally gonna play in a big smash tourney and not one where the field is full of 10yr olds

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
NAMBLA, naturally

hey man, it was only a few posts in a very short amount of time...unlike the SoVa thread which turned into absolute trash for 56 straight posts [some of which were my own, though equally off topic] in a matter of 24 hours.

But yeah...back to the topic:
@Koorii, I <3 making puppies sad...those faces are so ****ed cute! ^_^

wait...was that on topic?
?_?

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Hey Toasty, how many powerstrips would you want me to bring... I'm gonna check, but I think I can get 2 or 3.

Edit: I figured I should put us back on topic.

toasty

Smash Hero
appreciate the sentiment, but you don't have to announce it...EDIT: well, at least don't announce it in an edit :laugh: btw, when I say things like this I'm not being overly critical just because I'm calling you out on little things, just trying to help in the long run(esp since I've been on the boards for a while and I know what kind of people other posters immediately write-off with little respect and what kinds go under the annoyance radar :). So don't even respond to this comment [unless you really want to and it's in a PM]...last time I said "please don't defend what you said" YOU STILL DEFENDED WHAT YOU SAID. Not that you have to listen to me, but I mean...gah...just...heed helpful advice :)

Hey Toasty, how many powerstrips would you want me to bring... I'm gonna check, but I think I can get 2 or 3.
dude, bring as many as you can haha, that's awesome, thank you.

Koorii

Smash Cadet
@ slash: would you be able to bring my wii and tv the day of, or do you want me to get it sometime before then. I mean if you bring it the day of i'll show up early and help unload the ****.

@ everybody: i just watched this national geographic **** about animal relations...sexual and otherwise, any comments?

EDIT: Figured that would would put us back off topic!

EDIT 2: If I see more than one Melee setup at T-dome i will be bashing skulls, i'll pay you extra for the mess slash...lolz...

toasty

Smash Hero
@ everybody: i just watched this national geographic **** about animal relations...sexual and otherwise, any comments?

EDIT: Figured that would put us back off topic!
lolll, nice.

@ Slash: I'm waiting to hear back from the venue guy to see how early we can go in to set up. I'll post that info ASAP and I'll be giving reminder calls to people later this week.

EDIT#2: If I DON'T see more than one Melee setup at the tournament, I'll be...making empty threats. Sorry Cory, I just don't have the strange blend of destruction and charisma that you seem to have mastered :(

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
NAMBLA, naturally

hey man, it was only a few posts in a very short amount of time...unlike the SoVa thread which turned into absolute trash for 56 straight posts [some of which were my own, though equally off topic] in a matter of 24 hours.

But yeah...back to the topic:
@Koorii, I <3 making puppies sad...those faces are so ****ed cute! ^_^

wait...was that on topic?
?_?
LOL. meant no disrespect. but that was some pretty crazy things going on lol.

best of luck to all at the torney!! ill be gone, nearly for sure now...though i may make a surprise entrance to Slash's post-fest :D

adding to what toast said, you going out of your way, like stated above, to say something can come off as very annoying or frustrating to other members. just some advice. It's not necessarily that you aren't right, but the fact that you, a person that most people in this thread, and on the forums in general dont know/care about, is trying to correct them. It comes off at snobbish at times, and hopefully you'll understand what im getting at.

Disclaimer to Toast: I am not at all attempting to start a flame war with this, and I apologize if im crapping up your thread. if you want me to change this I can, but i feel sometimes people just need to be told so they don't accidentally make more people upset.

Koorii

Smash Cadet
slash since khalil is epic fails and hates doubles, i'm gonna need a team mate this weekend.
What say you?
What say you?
WHAT SAY YOU?!

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Hey Toasty, right now I can guarantee 2 powerstrips, I'm still digging around the house to see if I can find 1 or 2 more to bring for ya.

Edit: Hey, I understand... and after I looked my last post this morning... I realized that I did make myself look like a snob :urg: Trust me, I'm reading what you guys are telling me and trying to remember to use your advice, just not use to it yet.

2nd Edit: Oh and I need a teammate for over at Slash's. Anyone up for teaming with me? And no, I won't be using my Ike for teams (My Ike seems to be a really bad teamkiller in teams, even when he rakes up like 5 kills against the opponents)

toasty

Smash Hero
and less wario pedophilia!
yeahhhh you poke that kid, do iiiiiiit ^_^

i think I'll play Wario just to grab Lucases and Nesses and jab...and you KNOW I'ma snapshot that ****!

@Glen: Good **** [about you heeding our words and the powerstrips]

I think we should be good with equipment now.
Thanks again everyone.

Koorii, if Boos teams with Billy and Rahil [most likely] doesn't wanna play [only because he's my Accountabilibuddy does he get priority], then I'll team with you. I'll ask him at the tournament.

Koorii

Smash Cadet
@ Slash: I'll do double ganon when we aren't playing for money...double Thunder storm FTW! That **** is scary!

@Toasty: Hey your in the crew now! Still I'm with Slash...We'll discuss logistics at the next crew meeting...lolz!

THE GARY COLEMAN DROPKICK COALITION

Featuring greats such as:

KOORI a.k.a. IT'S GANON
CABOOSE
SLASHTALON
GRIM
7 a.k.a. GUM
TOASTY
thread coming soon...

toasty

Smash Hero
slash since khalil is epic fails and hates doubles, i'm gonna need a team mate this weekend.
What say you?
What say you?
WHAT SAY YOU?!
THIS is what I read...

What say you?
What say you?
WHAT SAY YOU?!
THIS is what I failed to read...

In any case, if Rahil isn't my teammate, I'll find someone to team with on the day of the tournament.

Koorii

Smash Cadet
sorry if i hurt your feelings toasty, but slash is my mistress so i have to pay him somehow...he gets the honor and glory of being on my team...

you could just swallow your pride and express interest to be on the GC/DC, since S.S. hates brawl...i wouldn't think any less of you...

toasty

Smash Hero
haha well I'll be in GC/DC [****ing sweet name] for Brawl and SS for Melee ^_^ you guys are the people I usually Brawl with anyway, so it's only fitting

edit: it was never an issue of pride, I love you guys! =D I will say this though. In the distant future if SS ever chagnes their mind, my loyalties are with them, just for good measure, you know?

toasty

Smash Hero
Homiesaidwhat? You're SS... there's no changing of mind needed >.>
lol fool, I meant if SS changes their mind about hating Brawl and actually decide to play it at a level where it's worth stating that you're a crew :) though that makes it sound so much more serious than this is. GC/DC will be the **** in Brawl though ^_^

Koorii, add me on that shizzz

Koorii

Smash Cadet
thats fine, if they ever change their minds, they'll need all the help they can get...

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Hey toasty, if I'm not in Richmond Saturday, I'll team with you at Thunderdome.

Team Game&&Watch?

Maybe.

I can't go to Gusto's, because, I got fired, and now I'm banned from the place.

Harsh words were passed, and some of you know my legendary ability to kill egos and psyches with my fine witted words and phrases.

Yeah.

Banned from Gusto's, and I'm a co-host.

Word.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Hey toasty, I've only got the 2 powerstrips, and they are new... so I'm just gonna give them to you to keep when I get to the tourney on saturday.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
So has anyone in Newport News or W&M confirmed on giving CNU a ride? ... we would totally give you Kathleen... to keep and own as property >.>

Top Bottom