• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

toasty and Wiggles present: Bel Gusto's Presents: SoVa's (other) First Brawl Tourney!

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Last I checked, CNU got ***** by ODU in the last crew battles Schoolie...
6 months ago... half of a year... we did enjoy those " i hope your butt feels better" sundaes from ether. Just remember that in crews, if your fundamental thought when going into a crew battle is "I know (enter random name here) won't take out the two people in our crew who were relying on the most" then you better be **** sure.

And man, toasty and I are tight like tigers. The cnu-odu rivalry is just always fun to mess around with :) Not to mention that the latest re-worded quote had me ballin.

... aaaaand cnu is rapesauce

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lmfao. i see schoolie's finally coming around :p

and sadface at no banning walkoffs T_T just be aware...i may wario chomp a person in real life if that happens to me in tourny >_>

and glen: number one rule in smashboards: if it doesnt contribute to the topic or isnt something anyone gives a crap about, dont post it. end of story. thats how you get people to hate you. listen to toasty's advice and go take a look at marth/lucas boards. most boards are really helpful (though ill warn you that the ike board is trash)

<--john

drag00nspyd0r

Smash Rookie
Wave dash is a joke. come on my i need to know before the big tourney how to do this. Please if anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate.

*Captain Falcon for top tier

Toast "who are you gonna use for the tourney". I'm gonna invite chu down for the tourney and he wants to know. He he.

Team Grimdat for the win. Chu dis is Billy if you read.

No for serious toast. Coaching between matches has always been legit. Good call.
Also good call on the DDD chain grab. Pretty sure that will be banned early on. I can call my contacts up north if you want.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
nice jokes Billy...just for my information, he's also hosting that same day, correct? not sure...anyway. thanks for the confirmations on rules. A couple people suggested to allow coaching but I can remember a specific moment [it was a crew battle, so it was okay, but if it was a tournament, that's a different story] where I didn't realize a certain move was a 100% guaranteed edgeguard on a certain character's recovery until someone blurted out for me to do it, and I was like...@_@ oh! *does move...wins*. If that had been a tournament match, the other person would have been beyond furious. Imagine that you could have beat someone and then another person gives them information, and you lose because of that one piece of information. not cool.

HighRoller

Smash Rookie
Herndon, NoVa(Home) Norfolk, SoVa(College)
Hey Toasty, I don't know if you remember me since it has been ages, but I'm Andy from the ODU Smashers group xD

And I just had a couple of questions because I plan on attending. Not to win, just to see how I fair against the best around here!
Anyhow, my questions are:
-If I have a Wii-Mote with my control settings saved on it, is it stright for me to being and use it at the tourney? (haha I don't know if you're going to laugh, I just find it more relaxing to play with)
-Am I correct in saying that it will cost me 10 dollars to come and play, and 5 each for a few friends of mine just to watch?

Thanks!

toasty

Smash Hero
-If I have a Wii-Mote with my control settings saved on it, is it stright for me to being and use it at the tourney
yes

Am I correct in saying that it will cost me 10 dollars to come and play, and 5 each for a few friends of mine just to watch?

Yes. You pay 5 dollars to enter the venue and play casual non-tournament matches if there is a station available [I hope to have a lot of setups so that people can still play friendlies :)]. You can also just watch. But yes it will cost $5 to do that for each person.

If you want to play in the tournament, which I'm assuming you do, it will cost you a total of $10.

Don't forget: venue fee grants you endless fountain drinks and deals on food at Gusto's =D

EDIT: yeah I remember you, dude :) What's up?? Glad you're showing up!

toasty

Smash Hero
Parking info updated. Go to MacArthur Mall across the street and park in the garage. On Saturday's it's only $1 if you take your car out by 6 PM, and $2 if you leave after 6 PM. The tourney ends at 5 PM so everyone should be fine :)

ALSO: DON'T FORGET TO GO TO THE THUNDERDOME AFTER THE TOURNAMENT!!!!!

Slash is a great host, but new, so be nice. We should hopefully run doubles and/or crews! Also: MELEE?!?! Possibly?

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
ah man, im sorry i cant make this stuff. i wanna go so bad D:

by the way. toasty, i propose a trade. that entire box of cookies for these top tier nachos i hear so much about :D

also:
@ glen;
im not sure why you want to know who im using, especially, if you read previous posts in this thread, i said i will NOT make the torney. also, talking **** isnt really important, especially for a torney you had no part of. more over, being ***** to a group that is a majority of just nice dudes (and ladies!) is noooo good

Koorii

Smash Cadet
I'm not playing DDD in the tournament...but i have to ask being a fan of DDD. Are other Chain throws going to be banned? I know there aren't any other infinites but if the stage being played on has no walls it will end once the edge is reached. And about the walk off portions of stages, I'm pretty sure falco could do the same thing, in addition to being able to spike at the end of his chainthrow...

Refer to the Schoolie post with the puppy pic...

EDIT: @ buttsex, are you refering to glen glen? as in c-stick marth glen? lolz...

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone possibly coming through CNU that weekend on their way to Norfolk that could swing by and grab us? We already have a ride, but backups would be appreciated.

And let me get this straight, Sova is actually going to enter a Doubles tournament? No one ever entered Melee doubles when ether and I were there, and it always had me kinda down :-\ But, brawl doubles should be entertaining :)

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
I'm not playing DDD in the tournament...but i have to ask being a fan of DDD. Are other Chain throws going to be banned? I know there aren't any other infinites but if the stage being played on has no walls it will end once the edge is reached. And about the walk off portions of stages, I'm pretty sure falco could do the same thing, in addition to being able to spike at the end of his chainthrow...

Refer to the Schoolie post with the puppy pic...

EDIT: @ buttsex, are you refering to glen glen? as in c-stick marth glen? lolz...
yeah. ukiwhatever is forward smash glen.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
SLASHTALON's THUNDERDOME

DATES: SAT APRIL 26 (following Toasty's tourney when we get kicked out)
"I Fight For My Friends"

Come play some friendly competitive Brawl at my place after Toasty's Gusto's Tourney.

CREWS, DOUBLES, and even more SINGLES

PARKING PARK IN THE SHOPPING CENTER NEXT TO MY COMPLEX. PARKING IN MY COMPLEX WILL RESULT IN TOWING BECAUSE THE TOW GUY IS A STRICT MUTHA-PHUCKA. I LIVE THERE AND I'VE BEEN TOWED

Time: People can start showing up around 5pm and we will def play into the night.

Venue fee: $5 (food/drink are included), Tourneys will costs extra.

General rules: Same as Toasty's, You break it, you buy it, you get out. **** talking is allowed, but keep it friendly. If anything gets out of hand, all parties involved will be kicked out and will forfeit their venue fee.

SET UPs AND EXTRA CHAIRS would def be a help if a lot of people show up.
I have four TVs to use and at least two wiis to use. Bringing Drinks & Snacks will also be quite awesome.

ALL TOURNEY MATCHES WILL BE RECORDED

More details to come. Hope everyone can make it.
Cell-7578399426
AIM-PuckPhobia

toasty

Smash Hero
OH MY GOD

Toasty will you be makin your nacho's for this
hahaha, did I meet you at the Jubilee in North Carolina last summer?
This tournament is at a space that adjoins a restaurant I'm sort of employed at ["sort of" meaning I found a second job that's full time but the hours conflict...but I'm still employed by them? i dunno...anyway.]. I probably won't be making nachos at the tournament [and this is only a singles tournament] but when everyone goes to the THUNDERDOME [SlashTalon's place] after my tournament (which ends at 5 PM), then I will probably make my nachos there :) At Slash's people will most likely do Draft Crews and any actual crew battles people want...don't know about doubles yet because so far only CNU has expressed actual interest in doing that. So it'll be a crazy *** day on the 26th.

who else do you roll with in NC?

if you can't make it, it's all good, hope to see you at the next Jubilee, if there ever is one :(

Also, Cory, any chaingrab where you can stand still and regrab is absolute nonsense. I'm pretty sure you can dodge/jump out of Falco's chainthrow at certain percents. You can also meteor cancel the spike. The point is: you can actually do something about it. The difficulty of doing so is irrelevant. I believe there are only 2 parts of my legal stages for DDD to walk people off and that's only on certain phases of Delfino Plaza and Castle Seige. Not during the entire match on that level. In that case, it's the opponent's fault for getting grabbed during those phases when they know they can get walked off. All they have to do is avoid them and run the hell away during the stages, among other things.

So yeah, long story short, just like in Melee: all chaingrabs that aren't broken infinites [like the standing DDD regrab chaingrab] are legal. As I've mentioned before, some chars in Melee had chaingrabs that lead to death against certain characters...that's just the nature of that matchup unfortunately. While there's very little the opponent can do, there IS something.

No one ever entered Melee doubles when ether and I were there
Mere coincidence.

Koorii

Smash Cadet
oh, um how do you do the standing chaingrab, the only one i know of is dthrow to dash grab...that certainly isnt standing still...

And I'm down for doubles!

EDIT: Scratch the first part...i just read about the infinite...so it is my understanding that his regular chaingrab is still allowed though?

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
I like how I disappear and I come back to see that I'm being disrespected because of my MELEE Marth... and that was how it use to be. I plan to be at both the tourney and at Slash's afterward, and I don't want to be disrespected because of a way I USE to play Smash. As for this tourney, toasty, you plan on doing any practice today or wednesday? I would really like to get some Brawl practice before this whole tourney.

Edit: FYI... My main in Melee isn't Marth anymore... Its Jiggs...
Second Edit: And also... you guys need to stop hammering me for joking around. You all know I'm new to the boards... toasty already told me where I messed up and I recognized it and apologized for it. So please, stop being repetitive and disrespectful to me.

toasty

Smash Hero
I like how I disappear and I come back to see that I'm being disrespected because of my MELEE Marth... and that was how it use to be. I plan to be at both the tourney and at Slash's afterward, and I don't want to be disrespected because of a way I USE to play Smash. As for this tourney, toasty, you plan on doing any practice today or wednesday? I would really like to get some Brawl practice before this whole tourney.

Edit: FYI... My main in Melee isn't Marth anymore... Its Jiggs...
Second Edit: And also... you guys need to stop hammering me for joking around. You all know I'm new to the boards... toasty already told me where I messed up and I recognized it and apologized for it. So please, stop being repetitive and disrespectful to me.

^
so yeah, that's said and done. Can NO ONE respond to that? PLEASE??? No words at all from the Goonies...please please please, I'm not trying to have pointless discussion on my thread carried out when his point has already been made.

@ Cory: Yes, other chaingrabs are allowed. Does my logic still make that puppy sad? Didn't think so, because I'm a ****ing genius..........................with the heart of a wolf of nature hahahahaha

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
this just occurred to me but do we have a list of who can bring what? i know we ask around in person/on facebook, but not entirely sure if we mentioned the need for equipment here on the thread (particularly TV's!)
and reminder: i can still bring 1 power strip. and a sliver of wood. and a wolf....of nature.

toasty

Smash Hero
LMFAO
yeah I've been asking around for TVs...Caboose, I'm about to go to work, so make a post on the SoVa and CNU thread asking, pleading, begging with those asian teddy bear eyes of yours...

more tvs never hurt :) and power strips! I think we have like 6 or 7 Wiis and could easily get more

Koorii

Smash Cadet
@toasty: yeah it still makes me a sad puppy, you just mad cuz your main can't infinite!!! lolz!

toasty

Smash Hero
updated equipment list for my:
TVs:
Koorii
O-NO
Slash
Victor [ODU guy]
Riku
My own [though it's small]
Zion
CNU(?)

PLEASE NOTE: if you have a really small tv (under 20 inches) , that's fine too, we'll just use it as a tv for friendlies! Those will be used for tournament only in a crisis situation [time constraints, other setups not working]

Wiis:
toasty
Koorii
BLKG
Grim
Victor
BiosageX
Slash
MaSHi
CNU(?)
Hampton(?)

Powerstrips:
toasty (if I can find it >_>)
Caboose
Victor
Grim(?)
BiosageX(I think)
Koorii
Slash

Okay...I think I need one or two more TVs just to make this extra crazy awesome. that way people can bring their not-as-serious friends along [because some people already are] and they can watch AND play tons of friendlies :) of course there will be 4-6 setups as needed exclusively for tourney matches. Meaning: while the tournament is going on, NO ONE can play friendlies on those TVs. That way there won't be any back-up.

I hope to have more guaranteed Wiis than TVs just in case. So if you've said you're able to bring one, but you see that I don't even have enough TVs, still bring your Wii.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
are we actually allowed to use the time lounge tv's? if we are, if anyone (i doubt anyone but you >_>) has component cables, they should bring them

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
I'm going to bring the pain.

And by "bring the pain"....

I mean, try my hardest not to get last.

Top Bottom