• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To all those who want their vets as Dlc

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
First off I wouldn't try for Squirtle or Ivysaur, seems pointless. If you're doing that then you might as well be doing one for Pichu too.

I would just do:

Ice Climbers
Lucas
Mewtwo
Roy
Wolf

Seems good to me. Those 5 are perfect to come back. I would focus on them first if anything.
I would like Roy back, but he's least likely honestly. We got Lucina basically as the new Roy, and Marth has a Roy Costume Alt.(minus the red hair, the outfit is exactly the same). :\ I'd still vy for him, but he's least likely. The others are fair game to return though. I still didnt think that the limitations on 3DS would end up getting the IC's cut though.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
This is just how the industry works. You want to get the attention of the big guns? It can't be just one or two people, but multiple. What you call "pestering" is what the company sees as interest. "Hey, these people really would like to see this happen, they send their comments all the time about it. It could prove to be a financial gain for us." This is speaking from experience, and having some help from people inside the field. It works, but only when there is CONSISTENT demand from MULTIPLE people.
lol you think being a vocal minority (who acts entitled) will change anything? It sure won't. Most ppl who will buy this game don't give a damn if Mewtwo in this game... Trust me, it'll sell millions regardless if hes not in it. Who needs him when we got Megaman and Pacman.

pestering him won't change a damn thing. I for one think you ppl need to take a chill pill.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I would like Roy back, but he's least likely honestly. We got Lucina basically as the new Roy, and Marth has a Roy Costume Alt.(minus the red hair, the outfit is exactly the same). :\ I'd still vy for him, but he's least likely. The others are fair game to return though. I still didnt think that the limitations on 3DS would end up getting the IC's cut though.
I put Roy since he too like Mewtwo is requested to come back. I feel it would be odd to leave him out.

Also I would consider Snake at a later time. But for now those 5 should be our prime focus.

Mewtwo should be primary however. I would say Ice Climbers but that might not be doable because of the 3DS. Face it they would have come back if it weren't for the 3DS's power limit.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I put Roy since he too like Mewtwo is requested to come back. I feel it would be odd to leave him out.

Also I would consider Snake at a later time. But for now those 5 should be our prime focus.

Mewtwo should be primary however. I would say Ice Climbers but that might not be doable because of the 3DS. Face it they would have come back if it weren't for the 3DS's power limit.
Yeah...But these 5 are the most important. I mean, basically everyone of Brawl's newcomers came back except Lucas and Wolf, and that isn't right. I don't care about time constraints, they barely have enough representation as it is(especially Mother and IC), and if Sakurai is going to be biast and rush the roster filling it with clones and chars. we don't want over veterans, then there's no reason they should've been cut.

Jallis370

Smash Cadet
Dlc for a fair price isn't a cash grab as long as it isn't released at the same time as the game? Besides, we got 50 friggin characters to chose from. How many should a fighting game even have? Okay, so some og our favorites got cut. Be mad about that, but don't forget what we are getting here.

Ny two cents; open petitions for dlc characters and tell them we are willing to pay a FAIR price for it. This way the game can continue to thrive while we eventually get what we want.

Don't hang the man who plays you a song, or he might stop singing.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Yeah...But these 5 are the most important. I mean, basically everyone of Brawl's newcomers came back except Lucas and Wolf, and that isn't right. I don't care about time constraints, they barely have enough representation as it is(especially Mother and IC), and if Sakurai is going to be biast and rush the roster filling it with clones and chars. we don't want over veterans, then there's no reason they should've been cut.
Focusing on more newcomers shouldn't be a thing until they are back or announced to come back. But honestly I'd fine with just them. The newcomer selection was this time around. So I'm fine with what we got there.

Now it should be noted that possibly due to Ice Climbers this might have to be Wii U exclusive. The 3DS's power might not be able to handle more for any character even. That's fine though as the initial roster is still a good roster.

Those are just some thoughts but yeah those 5 are best to look at.

Last edited:

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
Someone please do a petition for DLC with IC in it (I dont know english) :V

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Pichu not good enough for your fancy thread I see?

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
lol you think being a vocal minority (who acts entitled) will change anything? It sure won't. Most ppl who will buy this game don't give a damn if Mewtwo in this game... Trust me, it'll sell millions regardless if hes not in it. Who needs him when we got Megaman and Pacman.

pestering him won't change a damn thing. I for one think you ppl need to take a chill pill.
You're still missing the point. There's absolutely no harm in sending requests for characters people WANT (not NEED), nor any harm in being proactive in what we WANT to see. You get a tasty dish, but want to add a little salt to make it taste better, does that suddenly make you entitled?

Let the fine people here go about their business. It's clearly a waste of time to you!

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Persoanally think that Roy and Snake fans need to hang it up. Snake fans need to become Bomberman fans or GTFO! lol jk

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Adding more characters takes time and effort and the guy pretty much has had very little sleep or time to himself for the past years (from what i read) throughout making this game (which looks terrific and has a good roster). he deserves a vacation and not to have to go back to work just cause some fans are being whiny babies.
Oh lord just drop it.

FalconBrofist

Smash Cadet
If this doesnt work

then all i want is an explanation for the cuts

my guess is time constraints/limitations (gg climbers), cause theres no way its the clone argument for lucas/wolf now that dark pit/dr mario is in

Steelia

Smash Champion
If I got Lucas and Wolf for DLC and I had to pay an extra £5 I would, I'd pay that for both of them just to ma mains back :'(
Then tell them that! Request your wants, say how much you'd be willing to offer (or note you'd be willing to pay for them at all). I'd totally buy packs for every Smash non-returning veteran, even the ones I'm not as proactively supporting.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I just can't support Roy though, I do not need 3 characters with the exact same moves

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I checked the OP, and I saw no petitions for Squirtle and Ivysaur?

what is this foolishness </3

EDIT: found it love u all <3

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Seriously ignore petitions for individual characters. I have no idea why people are making them for just one character.

Make 1 for ALL characters.

So make one for Mewtwo, Roy, Ice Climbers, Wolf and Lucas. And then focus on that one. You wont get as many people to support for a bunch of them.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Seriously ignore petitions for individual characters. I have no idea why people are making them for just one character.

So make one for Mewtwo, Roy, Ice Climbers, Wolf and Lucas. And then focus on that one. You wont get as many people to support for a bunch of them.
you forgot squirtle and ivysaur.

maybe remove roy at that too. seems a bit redundant with lucina....

Last edited:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Screw it. Make one Mega petition with the roster in my sig as what we want. All on board? lol

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
First Mewtwo and now, is Lucas, Wolf and Ice Climbers in everybody Wish list!?
Look Im gonna support them, I can't see clones character taking out a full franchise.
Those clones are far the most insulting thing they can put whyout putting a semi-clone Villian, semi-clone protagonist and original Characters. I gonna fight for them. especially Ice Climber, Those guys, Should return!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Screw it. Make one Mega petition with the roster in my sig as what we want. All on board? lol
no... </3

- it has geno. why geno > mallow
- it needs squirtle and ivysaur
- wonder red's already disconfirmed. if he's in we should have isabelle.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
no... </3

- it has geno. why geno > mallow
- it needs squirtle and ivysaur
- wonder red's already disconfirmed. if he's in we should have isabelle.
- Geno: TBH I just needed another MArio character and I always hear about him lol. Could have been fawful, Kamek, Mallow, smithy or whoever . This picture is composed of most of the most popular characters from the character topic threads on this site and a few polls I found. Not including assists and confirmed boss only characters of course.

- Indeed it does. We need to start a round table discussion in order to properly squeeze them in lol

- Yeah he is a trophy like nearly every other character . That's why he needs to be DLC. to much potential to go to waste. Isabelle is an assist. I left assists off of this picture on purpose lol.

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Its still considered pestering someone if you send someone a billion messages asking/begging for characters. Even if you do use the word "please".

Adding more characters takes time and effort and the guy pretty much has had very little sleep or time to himself for the past years (from what i read) throughout making this game (which looks terrific and has a good roster). he deserves a vacation and not to have to go back to work just cause some fans are being whiny babies.

If you want Mewtwo to be in Smash, go make your own homemade game if you got the time.
Why don't you stop whining and shut the f*** up
If you don't agree with us, then leave, we don't need you rainin on our parade

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Thats the last one Im making, doing it now.

domriver

Smash Lord
Maybe it would be best to wait for the Wii U Version to come out? Maybe there is a way to unlock characters via linking your 3ds and if not let the SENDING begins.

Also if im not mistaken this worked for Mass Effect 3 didn't it?

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
You guys are pushing this to the point of harassing Sakurai until he adds your favorite characters.

Last edited:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it would be best to wait for the Wii U Version to come out? Maybe there is a way to unlock characters via linking your 3ds and if not let the SENDING begins.

Also if im not mistaken this worked for Mass Effect 3 didn't it?
You mean about the ending? Yeah barely. Those guys were so prideful about their ending. How anyone could defend the pre-extended ending was beyond me lol. That was an entirely different issue though.

You guys are pushing this to the point of harassing Sakurai until he adds your favorite characters.
No one has the power to pressure/harass Sakurai. Did you not see the final roster of the 3DS version? If he could be pressured it would not look like that. lol

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Damnit, son, you beat me to it.
But the word must be spread. If enough people speak out, Nintendo WILL listen.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
To be honest, Wolf is the only veteran I genuinely care about; I will miss the others, but I find it hard to... care. However, I have my Wolf-esque Fox costume anyways, if this does not yield any results.

#BigBadWolf4Smash

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Its still considered pestering someone if you send someone a billion messages asking/begging for characters. Even if you do use the word "please".

If you want Mewtwo to be in Smash, go make your own homemade game if you got the time.
If you're going to develop a game, then you also need to take into consideration that people DO have a say in the matter. What would be the point of spending years on a game and suiting it to what only what YOU want in it? Nobody would buy it!

Sakurai deserves a vacation when he knows he has done his job right. People are going to be disappointed one way or the other, but bringing back Dr Mario over a character like Mewtwo is pretty ****ed.

You seriously cannot just assume that people aren't going to backlash. We have the right to be angry and put in a say. You might like the roster, but it's not the same for everybody else.

FYI, Mewtwo was already brought back in a fan-made game. It's called PM, go look it up and refresh your memory if you've got the time.

If you couldn't care less about it, then why are you even bothering to come here and post?

Morbi

Scavenger
If you're going to develop a game, then you also need to take into consideration that people DO have a say in the matter. What would be the point of spending years on a game and suiting it to what only what YOU want in it? Nobody would buy it!

Sakurai deserves a vacation when he knows he has done his job right. People are going to be disappointed one way or the other, but bringing back Dr Mario over a character like Mewtwo is pretty ****ed.

You seriously cannot just assume that people aren't going to backlash. We have the right to be angry and put in a say. You might like the roster, but it's not the same for everybody else.

FYI, Mewtwo was already brought back in a fan-made game. It's called PM, go look it up and refresh your memory if you've got the time.

If you couldn't care less about it, then why are you even bothering to come here and post?
People are going to be disappointed one way or the other, as you mentioned; in the same vein, people will also be pleased one way or another. There are Dr. Mario fans, myself included. Not everyone cares about Mewtwo. People will still buy the game as it caters to them. There is nothing wrong with advocating for Mewtwo as DLC, there is a problem with asserting that his decisions were "****ed" because you do not personally agree. That is not a problem, per se. However, it is fallacious.

"but bringing back Dr Mario over a character like Mewtwo is pretty ****ed."

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
People are going to be disappointed one way or the other, as you mentioned; in the same vein, people will also be pleased one way or another. There are Dr. Mario fans, myself included. Not everyone cares about Mewtwo. People will still buy the game as it caters to them. There is nothing wrong with advocating for Mewtwo as DLC, there is a problem with asserting that his decisions were "****ed" because you do not personally agree. That is not a problem, per se. However, it is fallacious.

"but bringing back Dr Mario over a character like Mewtwo is pretty ****ed."
As a Doc fan, I know that Mewtwo was a much more widely requested return.

Morbi

Scavenger
As a Doc fan, I know that Mewtwo was a much more widely requested return.
Notice that Dr. Mario is in the game whilst Mewtwo is not. Requests are not relevant in the slightest and the character does not automatically accrue more merit because "more" people want him in the game. It has more to do with what the character offers. DLC on the other hand, that is where requests matter. So perhaps Mewtwo fans will find what they desire here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom