• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To all those who want their vets as Dlc

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Sakurai deserves a vacation when he knows he has done his job right. People are going to be disappointed one way or the other, but bringing back Dr Mario over a character like Mewtwo is pretty ****ed.

You seriously cannot just assume that people aren't going to backlash. We have the right to be angry and put in a say. You might like the roster, but it's not the same for everybody else.
he did do his job right. the game has damn near 50 characters and alot of newcomers (and only two newcomers were clones).... compare that to melee which had half of that. Every character even has 8 alt colors now. So if you wanna get mad and not support the game over no Mewtwo, then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

My theory about Dr. Mario is that he was probably going to be a alt costume like Lucina was supposed to be (till they changed that later). i don't think his return as a character over Mewtwo was intentional but more so convenient.

If you don't know, in a recent interview, they had build nearly every character from scratch this game. With Dr. Mario, you'd really just have to change Mario's clothes and effects.

In short, Dr. Mario is rather more easier to implement than Mewtwo who has a different model from everyone else but also different moves. Thats just how it is.

and tbh besides the vocal hardcore fans who are in the minority, there really isn't any backlash from this. At least not enough from casual fans or the public to make a dent in sales. Many ppl will buy this game regardless if Mewtwo is in or not... there are many other amazing characters in the game if you haven't noticed.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Notice that Dr. Mario is in the game whilst Mewtwo is not. Requests are not relevant in the slightest and the character does not automatically accrue more merit because "more" people want him in the game. It has more to do with what the character offers. DLC on the other hand, that is where requests matter. So perhaps Mewtwo fans will find what they desire here.
*Looks at Little Mac, Mega Man, Shulk, Pac-Man, Bowser Jr., etc.

Morbi

Scavenger
*Looks at Little Mac, Mega Man, Shulk, Pac-Man, Bowser Jr., etc.
I should not have stated, "in the slightest." Obviously that was dramatization. Requested characters are included; however, it is not a sole factor of inclusion which is why we have cut veterans, it is the reason we do not have any of the "hype 3," and it is the reason that we can have Dark Pit and Dr. Mario on the roster... or even "unestablished" characters such as Wii Fit Trainer or Greninja (at the time).

LOGIA666

Smash Apprentice
Damnit, son, you beat me to it.
But the word must be spread. If enough people speak out, Nintendo WILL listen.
That's just it. It won't happen. It's pretty much just us in our small little corner. So many people wanted Mewtwo after he was cut from Brawl for years. It never happened. Sakurai has done a good job at listening to us for the most part, but he is likely done now. If I were Sakurai, I'd ignore you all, justify myself, and sit back drinking mohitos in Hawaii, given it's the first real break I've had in three years since I sold my entire life to make this game.

Do I want all of these vets back? Absolutely. Is this movement gonna do anything at all? Nope. Nothing whatsoever.

Literally the only chance of these characters making it is if DLC is in the works, in which case, petitions are pointless, as the general feedback from throughout the world will give Sakurai the hint at which characters to make DLC.
If DLC is a no go, than it won't happen, because the game is already finished, and it will dramatically stall development time on the Wii U version to render new characters.

Best of luck in your fruitless endeavors. Pray for DLC.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
People are going to be disappointed one way or the other, as you mentioned; in the same vein, people will also be pleased one way or another. There are Dr. Mario fans, myself included. Not everyone cares about Mewtwo. People will still buy the game as it caters to them. There is nothing wrong with advocating for Mewtwo as DLC, there is a problem with asserting that his decisions were "****ed" because you do not personally agree. That is not a problem, per se. However, it is fallacious.

"but bringing back Dr Mario over a character like Mewtwo is pretty ****ed."
Had you actually read my post for what it was, I said that bringing back a character like Dr Mario over Mewtwo is ****ed. That's MY opinion in general. I never said anything about Sakurai's decision. I've nothing against Dr Mario at all, or Sakurai's decisions.

Just because I think Dr Mario being in and Mewtwo not is stupid doesn't mean I'm having a go about what Sakuari has done. :/

he did do his job right. the game has damn near 50 characters and alot of newcomers (and only two newcomers were clones).... compare that to melee which had half of that. Every character even has 8 alt colors now. So if you wanna get mad and not support the game over no Mewtwo, then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

My theory about Dr. Mario is that he was probably going to be a alt costume like Lucina. i don't think his return as a character over Mewtwo was intentional but more so convenient.

If you don't know, in a recent interview, they had build nearly every character from scratch this game. With Dr. Mario, you'd really just have to change Mario's clothes and effects.

In short, Dr. Mario is rather more easier to implement than Mewtwo who has a different model from everyone else but also different moves. Thats just how it is.

and tbh besides the vocal hardcore fans who are in the minority, there really isn't any backlash from this. At least not enough from casual fans or the public to make a dent in sales. Many ppl will buy this game regardless if Mewtwo is in or not... there are many other amazing characters in the game if you haven't noticed.
If a company is getting backlash or complaints, then no, they haven't done their job right. That's entirely normal. Not every customer is going to be satisfied. I get people returning stuff and complaining all the time where I work. Sakuari has done his job to the best of his ability. It will never be 100% right because if that was the case, there wouldn't be people still unsatisfied. It's not just Sakurai this applies to, it's everybody in every company all over the world. I was referring to this more so in general than actually saying that Sakurai hasn't done his job right. I just said he deserves a vacation when he knows he has done it right and regardless if it's right or not, he'd still take a vacation anyway. Sorry if it came across that way.

I have never actually really supported or had that much interest in the game from the start, so there is no door for me to leave by :) I've never had an interest in Brawl (sits in the cupboard at home), and it would be the same for Smash 4. Brawl has always been way too slow for me. And by that I mean, I am not going to go out and spend $100's on a Wii U for one game. I will buy the game provided I want to, not because of how flashy and new the roster is. If Mewtwo is back in, then yes I'll buy it. The sole reason I bought Melee was because Mewtwo was in it. Maybe stingy to you, but I'm a pretty hardcore Mewtwo fan and yes I was shattered after the streams and there was nothing. If I'm going to spend money on Smash 4 I'll do it if my no one favourite character is back because then my decision would be justified.

The other characters are ok, but I have no drive to dish out money on a game unless I really want it and at the moment Smash 4 isn't a game I'd truly want. I'm here to support a veteran, and that veteran is Mewtwo.

If there is nothing more to come or no DLC, then I would play Smash 4 if somebody else owns it, otherwise PM is fine. I prefer Melee physics.

My opinion still remains that if Sakurai can make this game the best he can, and bring back Dr Mario over a character that was planned for every game, then why not bring back one of the most demanded characters as well? Both could happen. I said it was ****ed because it continues to baffle me how Dr Mario can make it back in yet Mewtwo can't? I didn't say it was a bad decision on Sakurai's part - I have nothing against Dr Mario at all just as I have nothing against Sakurai.

I do have a problem when people just come along and outright say that we are being whiny baby's because we are disappointed. We have a right to be disappointed/upset by stuff. Some of us have waited years and years for this. Some people take it harder than others. I'm actually still pretty optimistic for Mewtwo's return, just entirely bummed at the moment from what we've seen so far.

The other characters in the game may be amazing to you, but they aren't all that amazing to me lol. I didn't even know who some of them were. :/

Morbi

Scavenger
Had you actually read my post for what it was, I said that bringing back a character like Dr Mario over Mewtwo is ****ed. That's MY opinion in general. I never said anything about Sakurai's decision. I've nothing against Dr Mario at all, or Sakurai's decisions.

Just because I think Dr Mario being in and Mewtwo not is stupid doesn't mean I'm having a go about what Sakuari has done. :/

If a company is getting backlash or complaints, then no, they haven't done their job right. That's entirely normal. Not every customer is going to be satisfied. I get people returning stuff and complaining all the time where I work. Sakuari has done his job to the best of his ability. It will never be 100% right because if that was the case, there wouldn't be people still unsatisfied. It's not just Sakurai this applies to, it's everybody in every company all over the world. I was referring to this more so in general than actually saying that Sakurai hasn't done his job right. I just said he deserves a vacation when he knows he has done it right and regardless if it's right or not, he'd still take a vacation anyway. Sorry if it came across that way.

I have never actually really supported or had that much interest in the game from the start, so there is no door for me to leave by :) I've never had an interest in Brawl (sits in the cupboard at home), and it would be the same for Smash 4. Brawl has always been way too slow for me. And by that I mean, I am not going to go out and spend $100's on a Wii U for one game. I will buy the game provided I want to, not because of how flashy and new the roster is. If Mewtwo is back in, then yes I'll buy it. The sole reason I bought Melee was because Mewtwo was in it. Maybe stingy to you, but I'm a pretty hardcore Mewtwo fan and yes I was shattered after the streams and there was nothing. If I'm going to spend money on Smash 4 I'll do it if my no one favourite character is back because then my decision would be justified.

The other characters are ok, but I have no drive to dish out money on a game unless I really want it and at the moment Smash 4 isn't a game I'd truly want. I'm here to support a veteran, and that veteran is Mewtwo.

If there is nothing more to come or no DLC, then I would play Smash 4 if somebody else owns it, otherwise PM is fine. I prefer Melee physics.

My opinion still remains that if Sakurai can make this game the best he can, and bring back Dr Mario over a character that was planned for every game, then why not bring back one of the most demanded characters as well? Both could happen. I said it was ****ed because it continues to baffle me how Dr Mario can make it back in yet Mewtwo can't? I didn't say it was a bad decision on Sakurai's part - I have nothing against Dr Mario at all just as I have nothing against Sakurai.

I do have a problem when people just come along and outright say that we are being whiny baby's because we are disappointed. We have a right to be disappointed/upset by stuff. Some of us have waited years and years for this. Some people take it harder than others. I'm actually still pretty optimistic for Mewtwo's return, just entirely bummed at the moment from what we've seen so far.

The other characters in the game may be amazing to you, but they aren't all that amazing to me lol. I didn't even know who some of them were. :/
Of course it was your opinion, did I state otherwise? I do not believe so; however, if I did, I stand corrected.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
The melodrama in this thread.

You guys will feel better in a week. It'll all be ok. I promise.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
here is what i want to see a DLC in SSB4
vetrans::mewtwopm::roypm::popo::wolf::ivysaur::squirtle::snake::lucas:
newcomers::142:and Geno(he was in top 5 in sakurai brawl poll) and Isaac and king k. rool and c. rainbow(next joke charcter:p)

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I am pretty sure he just wants to freaking relax, you know he has been developing this game for like 3 years? Can't you stop complaining for one second?
I'm pretty sure he's one of Nintendo's AAA developers and tasked with one of the biggest fan service video games of all time. So, that comes with the job. Quit apologizing for him. He makes plenty of money, and obviously loves what he does.

It's really kind of sad seeing the apologists run rampant right now. Glad you particularly got what you wanted.

Its still considered pestering someone if you send someone a billion messages asking/begging for characters. Even if you do use the word "please".

Adding more characters takes time and effort and the guy pretty much has had very little sleep or time to himself for the past years (from what i read) throughout making this game (which looks terrific and has a good roster). he deserves a vacation and not to have to go back to work just cause some fans are being whiny babies.

If you want Mewtwo to be in Smash, go make your own homemade game if you got the time.
Awe, again. I'm sure the honor of working on some of the most popular gaming icons in history and one of the most popular games in history was so awful. He's a tortured soul and needs some rest... Boo hoo. Cry me a river.

Yeah, no **** people need breaks. But what the hell is so wrong with advertising your wants. If people want DLC and they want to make it known. Let them. Stop trying to control other people and get ready to enjoy yer damn game. Whether the DLC comes within 6 months, or 2 years. It's fun to speculate what they might do, or if they will at all.

People need to make their interests and wants known to make some things happen. Lay the **** off.

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Awe, again. I'm sure the honor of working on some of the most popular gaming icons in history and one of the most popular games in history was so awful. He's a tortured soul and needs some rest... Boo hoo. Cry me a river.

Yeah, no **** people need breaks. But what the hell is so wrong with advertising your wants. If people want DLC and they want to make it known. Let them. Stop trying to control other people and get ready to enjoy yer damn game. Whether the DLC comes within 6 months, or 2 years. It's fun to speculate what they might do, or if they will at all.

People need to make their interests and wants known to make some things happen. Lay the **** off.
oh wow someone's mad. :laugh:

I always wonder what people try to accomplish by entering a thread they disagree with.
tell that to the people who visit the Jigglypuff thread saying they hope she's cut. Its call free speech and an opinion.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Yo guys, can you do me a solid? See, I got this order of fries that needs some more salt.....

For real though, people ******** from either side need to realize that if you have the "right" to state your opinion, then every person on the planet has the "right" to take a huge steaming dump on that opinion if their opinion is that your opinion is incorrect. Doesn't make you right/wrong, doesn't make them right/wrong.

It's all just opinions, you're all going to buy Sm4sh anyway so just have your little tantrums and move on.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
oh wow someone's mad. :laugh:

tell that to the people who visit the Jigglypuff thread saying they hope she's cut. Its call free speech and an opinion.
I dont understand them either, why enter the jiggilypuff thread to tell people who support jiggilypuff that they want her cut unless its to get people riled up. Anyways its whatever do as you please.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
:awesome: totes, but for real disappointing response, 2/10
i wouldn't give anyone whose that emotionally invested a real response.

I dont understand them either, why enter the jiggilypuff thread to tell people who support jiggilypuff that they want her cut unless its to get people riled up. Anyways its whatever do as you please.
you insinuating that i'm trying to rile people up? if so, then thats totally inaccurate.

Last edited:

Acrete

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
For all those who wanted vets, you can go cry in the corner! I'm glad they got rid of those guys, especially wolf. He caused me so much grief when i fought him with ike but now i'm free of the oppression! haha so happy he's gone, too bad so sad.

If you guys start writing letters to get those guys back, you can be sure i'll write letters informing sakurai of how great the game is as it is!!

Let's UNITE!!!

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I am pretty sure he just wants to freaking relax, you know he has been developing this game for like 3 years? Can't you stop complaining for one second?
When he adds Ridley, I'll stop. Simple as that, when he makes a decent roster, I'll say he actually did a good job.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Hmm. . .So much festery in here. . .sheesh.

I'm here mainly for Ivysaur DLC. Already signed the petition, no regrets. I may contact all said information eventually, though I'm not in any rush to be requesting for Ivysaur this time around. I can wait for at least 3 months to see how the WiiU fairs. So yeah guys, cry me a forest would ya?:ivysaur:

I'm adulting about the forest of tears, but my current opinion living at this very moment, is to want change of the returning fighters & character move-sets, excluding custom specials despite them being radical to put out there for extra fun. I feel that we shouldn't be asking for anymore newcomers, until lingering minor issues that are here still, are resolved. That's my subjective opinion though.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
So after some thinking I came to this conclusion. Sakurai noted today that they were using patches for the Japanese version. This in a way is "DLC", a download fixing a glitch. So if there is DLC it would probably be sometime after the WiiU version is released so these characters, stages, etc everyone is requesting can be created. That way they can see how the game sells. If it does happen I see Sakurai making at least the veterans free DLC because I remember but I can't think of where I read it, he doesn't want people buying the game twice.
With that being said here's what I think will happen in terms of DLC packages.
Veterans: Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers
Newcomer packages:
Assist Trophy promotions: Isaac (golden sun), Andy (advance wars), Ray (custom robo).
Ladies: Dixie Kong, Impa (or Tetra), Krystal (star fox).
Pokemon: Sceptile (since greninja in a way replaced squirtle, sceptile would replace ivysaur), Mewtwo (updated with his new moveset from x/y)
The final pack would be Villains: King K Rool, Ridley

MagnesD3

Smash Master
So after some thinking I came to this conclusion. Sakurai noted today that they were using patches for the Japanese version. This in a way is "DLC", a download fixing a glitch. So if there is DLC it would probably be sometime after the WiiU version is released so these characters, stages, etc everyone is requesting can be created. That way they can see how the game sells. If it does happen I see Sakurai making at least the veterans free DLC because I remember but I can't think of where I read it, he doesn't want people buying the game twice.
With that being said here's what I think will happen in terms of DLC packages.
Veterans: Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers
Newcomer packages:
Assist Trophy promotions: Isaac (golden sun), Andy (advance wars), Ray (custom robo).
Ladies: Dixie Kong, Impa (or Tetra), Krystal (star fox).
Pokemon: Sceptile (since greninja in a way replaced squirtle, sceptile would replace ivysaur), Mewtwo (updated with his new moveset from x/y)
The final pack would be Villains: King K Rool, Ridley
Would be nice and make a ton of sense but there's one big problem. Sakurai.

i wouldn't give anyone whose that emotionally invested a real response.

you insinuating that i'm trying to rile people up? if so, then thats totally inaccurate.
Hey you connected the dots not me :awesome:

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I support this. Fans voices matter.... look at Operation Rainfall and Xenoblade.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I think we could persuade him by buying the game and Mario kart players buying the Mario kart DLC
It honestly depends if he cares about the cut veterans fans or not. I personally have no faith in the man but it doesn't hurt to try.

I support this. Fans voices matter.... look at Operation Rainfall and Xenoblade.
It's great I just don't know how to promote it properly, otherwise we would have big numbers but at the moment we clearly don't.

Last edited:

HotelWaffle

Smash Apprentice
I didnt get wifi until like four years ago so putting characters in through that way would probably be a bummer for kids that cant download it.

Last edited:

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
I didnt get wifi until like four years ago so putting characters in through that way would probably be a bummer for kids that cant download it.
Take your ds or Wii to the library or somewhere with free Wi-Fi. I took my Wii to the library to update it. Off tv play dude.

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
For all those who wanted vets, you can go cry in the corner! I'm glad they got rid of those guys, especially wolf. He caused me so much grief when i fought him with ike but now i'm free of the oppression! haha so happy he's gone, too bad so sad.

If you guys start writing letters to get those guys back, you can be sure i'll write letters informing sakurai of how great the game is as it is!!

Let's UNITE!!!
Just leave the thread, why do you have to troll? I wish you got more than a warning

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Hey you connected the dots not me :awesome:
so a person can't think this whole bug sakurai on twitter thing is ridiculous and shouldn't happen, unless its cause they wanna rile people up?

the fact that anyone who defends Sakurai and thinks he did a good job with the game gets called a "sakurai apologist" (which is stupid cause it would imply that Sakurai did something wrong) shows the rabid thinking of this thread.

Last edited:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
As much as I want Roy to return, I'm not supporting this, but either way good luck to you guys. The loss of the Ice Climbers is the only loss that is disturbing me.

With this entire character customization I see it logical why Wolf and Lucas were cut, their moves can (not sure if they are at this point) easily be taken from the whole customization feature.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
As much as I want Roy to return, I'm not supporting this, but either way good luck to you guys. The loss of the Ice Climbers is the only loss that is disturbing me.

With this entire character customization I see it logical why Wolf and Lucas were cut, their moves can (not sure if they are at this point) easily be taken from the whole customization feature.
That should have kept Falco, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Lucina, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit from joining the roster as well, but here they are. Lucas and Wolf are way more distinguishable and unique from their counterparts than Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, they shared similar Special Attacks, sure. But their Standard Attacks were completely unique. They were semi-clones at best.

If DLC does in fact happen for this game (which it will), All of these characters will be top priority for that spot.

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
Why are you here if you don't agree with the petitions , we have the right to be heard even if it doesn't work
He doesn't like to hear the fan requests? then he should close his twitter account or start blocking people ,

Hell ... what are you guys Sakurai's Mom?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well, if there is dlc, hope these guys can come back. I'm being hesitant, I'll wait for official confirmation of DLC first.
I did sign the petitions for what it's worth.

Last edited:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Well, the people who are complaining about this thread...
We are customers, we BUY the game (put money on Nintendo) so we can criticise the game (with respect, of course) and state opinions.
Nintendo can use us for some ways like doing these DLC's packs (like Mario Kart 8) so they'll win money and we will be happy!!

I just want Lucas, Mewtwo, Wolf and Ice Climbers.
please
:popo:,:lucas:,:wolf: and :mewtwopm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom