• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To all those who want their vets as Dlc

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Wow this... You are all greedy little ********. Lord this makes me dissapointed in the Smash community. The Pokemon fanbase doesn't whine even if the new Pokemon are generic. I thought I would find a friendly community here, but I just see a bunch of whiners. Poor mods and admins, having to listen to all of you complain and complain and complain. I don't care if they taken this down for trolling, because if this is the way everyone is going to act, then I am quitting the Smash community.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Wow this... You are all greedy little *******s.
I'd like if your post was more specified rather than calling out everyone who's posted in the thread. Seemed a tad unnecessary imo, considering it's calling me out as well.
Lord this makes me disappointing in the Smash community. The Pokemon fanbase doesn't whine even if the new Pokemon are generic. I thought I would find a friendly community here, but I just see a bunch of whiners.
Arceus is disappointed too, although every character in that Fan Club image getting dis-confirmed for Sm4sh's finalized roster at this time, is obviously going to leave an imprint on the Smash community in good, bad, or mixed ways in the after-math. Give it a week TTYK, most of the fanbase may probably get over it & move on, hopefully.
I don't care if they taken this down for trolling, because if this is the way everyone is going to act, then I am quitting the Smash community.
Idk why your posted opinion is apparently trolling, but you do you boo. When exactly did you become apart of Smash's community? I'm curious, not being sarcastic.
I like this image, Ivysaur lookin good.:shades:

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
I'd like if your post was more specified rather than calling out everyone who's posted in the thread. Seemed a tad unnecessary imo, considering it's calling me out as well.

Arceus is disappointed too, although every character in that Fan Club image getting dis-confirmed for Sm4sh's finalized roster at this time, is obviously going to leave an imprint on the Smash community in good, bad, or mixed ways in the after-math. Give it a week TTYK, most of the fanbase may probably get over it & move on, hopefully.

Idk why your posted opinion is apparently trolling, but you do you boo. When exactly did you become apart of Smash's community? I'm curious, not being sarcastic.

I like this image, Ivysaur lookin good.:shades:
I have been playing smash casually for a couple of years, and when I learned there was a competitive community I was really psyched, so I created my account and got to work training. You are right, I will give it a week.

D

Deleted member

Meanwhile I'm questioning if people know why the Ice Climbers aren't playable, and when they'll figure out no amount of petitioning can get them into the game due to the very big problem that is keeping them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Meanwhile I'm questioning if people know why the Ice Climbers aren't playable, and when they'll figure out no amount of petitioning can get them into the game due to the very big problem that is keeping them out.
You're wrong there. Sakurai can make the Ice Climbers happen because I'm in denial. Deal with it!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I have been playing smash casually for a couple of years, and when I learned there was a competitive community I was really psyched, so I created my account and got to work training. You are right, I will give it a week.
Right on, & thanks. If your standpoint of the community does not change within one week on here, then unfortunately for me & perhaps others, you'll quit if you really intend to. So don't look or give notice to any speculation threads & focus only on Lucario / any other characters you're focused on for Sm4sh & 5mash, train train train.:4lucario:

In other news, why haven't we asked for Pikachu DLC?. . .He's been missing since Brawl guys. Melee Pichu evolved into Brawl Pikachu that we knew of.:troll:

What?! PICHU is evolving!

Shame on you guys, Melee Pikachu is just as important as the rest of the disappointed cuts. Pichu's been here the whole time!

EDIT: SoPo though. SoPo. Their series is called the Ice Climber Series @Kermit the Ninja & @ ~Krystal~ ~Krystal~ , why else would they be cut?:troll:

Last edited:

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Wow this... You are all greedy little *******s. Lord this makes me dissapointed in the Smash community. The Pokemon fanbase doesn't whine even if the new Pokemon are generic. I thought I would find a friendly community here, but I just see a bunch of whiners. Poor mods and admins, having to listen to all of you complain and complain and complain. I don't care if they taken this down for trolling, because if this is the way everyone is going to act, then I am quitting the Smash community.
k. See ya.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
I like this idea. Nintendo doesn't exactly ignore their fans (look at Operation Rainfall and how this game has improved on Brawl).

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I'd rather not have more gen 1 pokemon back. The others like Lucas, IC, Wolf ok.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I like this idea. Nintendo doesn't exactly ignore their fans (look at Operation Rainfall and how this game has improved on Brawl).
Reggie said that signatures doesn't equal sales. Although I'll make a good case for Smash DLC since it WILL sell like crazy.

But, when we know when is the dlc release date? Even if we do, isn't that give Sakurai another chance to troll us again? Straw grasping is courageous act indeed, but wary that thw worst may be happen. p.s put me on the list

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
I'm really disappointed Lucas and the other vets didn't make it in, so I'm signing the petition.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Make a Pichu petition and then I'll sign that and the others.

Unlike a lot of people, I'm not exactly mad about the cuts, but hey, I'll sign the petitions for the people.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Right on, & thanks. If your standpoint of the community does not change within one week on here, then unfortunately for me & perhaps others, you'll quit if you really intend to. So don't look or give notice to any speculation threads & focus only on Lucario / any other characters you're focused on for Sm4sh & 5mash, train train train.:4lucario:

In other news, why haven't we asked for Pikachu DLC?. . .He's been missing since Brawl guys. Melee Pichu evolved into Brawl Pikachu that we knew of.:troll:

What?! PICHU is evolving!

Shame on you guys, Melee Pikachu is just as important as the rest of the disappointed cuts. Pichu's been here the whole time!

EDIT: SoPo though. SoPo. Their series is called the Ice Climber Series @Kermit the Ninja & @ ~Krystal~ ~Krystal~ , why else would they be cut?:troll:
So this is why Pikachu isn't chubby anymore.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Mewtwo is in,but we must have WOLF. We've got to make the push for Wolf even if he is being developed as we speak, Now that Mewtwo's DLC Wolf is the character I see mentioned as the most likely character for DLC. WOLF IS NOW COMMANDING THE HYPE TRAIN!!! However this time we are going to make sure WOLF gets in. WE MUST SIGN THE WOLF PETITION!!!! Even if he is likely its still good to have a strong backup plan just in case Sakurai didn't make Wolf DLC we can shove the petition in his face and after seeing that alot of people want Wolf back, he'd start developing Wolf as a DLC character. It worked for Sonic. WE MUST SUPPORT WOLF! HE HAS THE BEST SHOT OUT OF ALL THE CUT VETS NOW THAT MEWTWO'S IN! HE HAS SO MANY IN GAME REFERENCES TO HIM! HE SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY TECHNICAL LIMITATIONS HOLDING HIM BACK! HE IS BAD*** AND AN ANTAGONIST WHICH WE NEED! WOLF FOR DLC:wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After Wolf gets in I'll be happy to support Lucas and Ice Climbers. Bias aside, I just feel Wolf is more necessary because of all the in game references to him like his theme, Lylat Cruise, Fox's Wolf Flash, the stick in the mud trophy,codecs. It just seems messed up to cut a veteran and leave in all that stuff. Ice Climbers got cut and all they have is a trophy and a smash run enemy. Lucas just has the trophy. They are both unjustified cuts however. :popo: are held back by the 3DS version, I think Smash run is the main culprit behind this, since 8 :popo:s in smash run would definitely create problems. Lucas I support, but am still uncertain as to why he was cut, nor do I have enough evidence to make a case for Lucas, in a sense that there's evidence pointing at Lucas' return. plus I don't have Lucas' trophy yet so I haven't examined it. here is the petition for everyone including :wolf::popo::lucas:. https://www.change.org/p/masahiro-s...or-super-smash-brothers-for-the-wii-u-and-3ds
Here is Wolf's(:wolf:) petition https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-a...t-to-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds#share

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'd be down for Ice Climbers & Lucas including Wolf. Though, IC's are kind of a salty situation to the Smash 3DS gamers if they can't play IC's on the 3DS. The WiiU could easily handle 4 IC characters totaling to 8 because Nana at the same time, but now the shocking news of the WiiU being able to play 8-player Smash mode. . .is pouring even more salt on the 3DS now.

Think about it, If the WiiU can handle 16 IC's, while the 3DS can't even handle 8, then that definitely hurts the so-called "equality between versions". This just means that IC's could be playable on WiiU only, or perhaps more down the line everyone buys the New 3DS LL & are able to play IC's in Smash3DS no problem. But regardless, in the end there will be some unhappy fans when it comes to the Ice Climbers, & I really doubt people would buy a brand new 3DS LL just to play IC's on Smash3DS later on the road.

After all that, Imo I think they should just leave IC's behind to avoid all of this.:ohwell:

I'll be "that guy" & sympathize the thought of bringing them back, as an AT or maybe as an assist to someone's Final Smash (don't have a clue to whom it'd be for)

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'd be down for Ice Climbers & Lucas including Wolf. Though, IC's are kind of a salty situation to the Smash 3DS gamers if they can't play IC's on the 3DS. The WiiU could easily handle 4 IC characters totaling to 8 because Nana at the same time, but now the shocking news of the WiiU being able to play 8-player Smash mode. . .is pouring even more salt on the 3DS now.

Think about it, If the WiiU can handle 16 IC's, while the 3DS can't even handle 8, then that definitely hurts the so-called "equality between versions". This just means that IC's could be playable on WiiU only, or perhaps more down the line everyone buys the New 3DS LL & are able to play IC's in Smash3DS no problem. But regardless, in the end there will be some unhappy fans when it comes to the Ice Climbers, & I really doubt people would buy a brand new 3DS LL just to play IC's on Smash3DS later on the road.

After all that, Imo I think they should just leave IC's behind to avoid all of this.:ohwell:

I'll be "that guy" & sympathize the thought of bringing them back, as an AT or maybe as an assist to someone's Final Smash (don't have a clue to whom it'd be for)
Honestly I'm beginning to think smash run was the reason Ice Climbers got cut since 8 Ice Climbers + a ton of enemies = crash.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero

@J04KlM posted this on the ice climber support.

The GameCube could handle 6 = 12 they are most likely being tested or being made playable as I speak :')

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
ok

where is the squirtle, ivysaur, lucas, and ice climbers petition?

I've kinda gotten over them, but SSB3DS is so bland without them...

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@J04KlM posted this on the ice climber support.

The GameCube could handle 6 = 12 they are most likely being tested or being made playable as I speak :')
Oh my. . .Gamecube outdoes itself more than I remembered. You mean to say they're likely being tested to be playable on 3DS? Idk about that. . .but I'll just have to wait 'n see!
ok

where is the squirtle, ivysaur, lucas, and ice climbers petition?

I've kinda gotten over them, but SSB3DS is so bland without them...
I'm over snake, but I too share the feeling that SSB3DS & SSBWiiU will be a bit bland without them, including snake. So many more newcomers though, there's some flavor again. But my Ivysaur. . .:urg:

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Oh my. . .Gamecube outdoes itself more than I remembered. You mean to say they're likely being tested to be playable on 3DS? Idk about that. . .but I'll just have to wait 'n see!

I'm over snake, but I too share the feeling that SSB3DS & SSBWiiU will be a bit bland without them, including snake. So many more newcomers though, there's some flavor again. But my Ivysaur. . .:urg:
I remember hearing that the 3ds had the same processing power as the Gamecube So I must have been lied to X3
But if it's true then the New 3DS can probably process them :)

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I remember hearing that the 3ds had the same processing power as the Gamecube So I must have been lied to X3
But if it's true then the New 3DS can probably process them :)
Hopefully, but I have two minor issues with that:
  1. Getting either the New Nintendo 3DS or the LL model won't be until November 21, 2014 for Austrailia & New Zealand, while North American & European market won't be until 2015. Though Mewtwo being released as DLC next year may perhaps lead to Ice Climbers followed up behind him for next year anyway, so it's not that bad

2. Buying the New Nintendo 3DS LL just to play Ice Climbers on Sm4sh? No thanks. Although, the C-stick & better controls & visuals overall for other games will be handy, still, $170 - $200 for Ice Climbers. . .

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Hopefully, but I have two minor issues with that:
  1. Getting either the New Nintendo 3DS or the LL model won't be until November 21, 2014 for Austrailia & New Zealand, while North American & European market won't be until 2015. Though Mewtwo being released as DLC next year may perhaps lead to Ice Climbers followed up behind him for next year anyway, so it's not that bad

2. Buying the New Nintendo 3DS LL just to play Ice Climbers on Sm4sh? No thanks. Although, the C-stick & better controls & visuals overall for other games will be handy, still, $170 - $200 for Ice Climbers. . .
I'd pay for it =') I miss my mains :popo::lucas::wolf:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I'm torn on the subject.

On one hand, I don't want to pester the people who delivered an amazing game, and finally made a handheld version, so I'm not dependent on people who own home consoles to play Smash (money is expensive). I'm immensely grateful for this. It'd seem a lil' greedy to still want more (though I'm sure Nintendo doesn't mind the money I provide to still that greed).

On the other hand, I'd ADORE to be able to play as my Brawl main (and favorite Nintendo character), Lucas, in Smash 4. I also firmly believe that Nintendo (at least to some minor extent) is influenced by fan input, reguardless of what they may want us to think.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That's not exactly true.
Technical difficulty toward a character is not exactly an in depth analysis as to why a character is not included. The Cost/Benefit ratio, where cost in this case is time and resources pre release, is likely what held the Ice Climbers back.
Showing demand for the character post release only insists we still want these resources to be devoted to them so that they continue to work on more simplified coding and easier processing for them so that they may be run on the system in a less demanding way.

...or just an exclusive on the new 3DS, which is what I think is going to happen.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
That's not exactly true.
Technical difficulty toward a character is not exactly an in depth analysis as to why a character is not included. The Cost/Benefit ratio, where cost in this case is time and resources pre release, is likely what held the Ice Climbers back.
Showing demand for the character post release only insists we still want these resources to be devoted to them so that they continue to work on more simplified coding and easier processing for them so that they may be run on the system in a less demanding way.

...or just an exclusive on the new 3DS, which is what I think is going to happen.
That would alienate their consumers if they were exclusive to the new 3DS and or Wii U.
Its bad business practice. as for the Climbers, it was said in an interview that technical difficulties is what held them back despite them working out on the Wii U, meaning they were considered and included but could not due to limitations.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That would alienate their consumers if they were exclusive to the new 3DS and or Wii U.
Its bad business practice. as for the Climbers, it was said in an interview that technical difficulties is what held them back despite them working out on the Wii U, meaning they were considered and included but could not due to limitations.
What those technical limitations are, and how extreme, is still a vast ocean of consideration, which just equates mostly to time and resources. It does not mean a solution to their inclusion could not be found.

I also just flat out disagree with your opinion on what "bad business practice" in regard to this particular practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom