• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tipped Off 4 results and shoutouts

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Anime is ********.

Why not just call it cartoons?

Cartoons from Canada or Iran aren't called something else.
I love doodah.

the vast majority of anime is really either
A) ****ty romantic comedies where the guy is surrounded by a group of women who all fit some sort of japanese fetish
B) dbz but much worse (I didn't like DBZ... DB was really good though.)

usually the ones that aren't like the two mentioned above are pretty good.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
>__>

Nothing I hate more than weeabos. They drive me up the ****ing wall. Japan is not this great, chivalrous country of amazing people just because some think-tanks put together a pretty neat story every so often.

@ XIF:

I'll agree with you there. In the anime, he was just kind of tacked on.

Before I drop this anime subject entirely, I would like to mention: Fullmetal Alchemist is seeing another anime incarnation. Studio BONES is slating a release sometime later this year.

Yeahyuzzz.

Smooth Criminal

you act as if any other country is better at making animated shows. japan's a lot better at it than the US will ever be. most US comic books and comic book movies are far less creative. why do you think spider-man's been around since the 60's?

most anime IN JAPAN sucks. however, a lot of anime that reaches the US by various means is pretty good.

SleepyK

you act as if any other country is better at making animated shows. japan's a lot better at it than the US will ever be. most US comic books and comic book movies are far less creative. why do you think spider-man's been around since the 60's?

most anime IN JAPAN sucks. however, a lot of anime that reaches the US by various means is pretty good.
actually, have you read a comic book before?
American comics do a much better job of storytelling since we have actual writers doing plots and uh, we're not following a mold that's been done a million times + a bunch of panty shots for jteens to j-off to.
the vast majority if japanese cartoons that reach america are *** garbage. Everyone watches either the romantic comedy with fetish women or the next DBZ type action in your face crap.
the occasional good series is littered in there.

I grew up in korea, where i got the brunt of every new recycled show on TV and every recycled manga in the bookstores. As soon as I read American Comics my mind was blown.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
actually, have you read a comic book before?
American comics do a much better job of storytelling since we have actual writers doing plots and uh, we're not following a mold that's been done a million times + a bunch of panty shots for jteens to j-off to.
the vast majority if japanese cartoons that reach america are *** garbage. Everyone watches either the romantic comedy with fetish women or the next DBZ type action in your face crap.
the occasional good series is littered in there.
true.

Sometimes i'll watch or read the cookie cutter stuff for a quick laugh.

But I really enjoy the one's that don't follow the mold.

And Sports Manga dont have an equal American (or any other country for that matter) counterpart.

SleepyK

This is true. Japanese Sports series are unparalleled.
Ippo <3

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

That was a direct jab at the anime fanbase, sir. Not anime in and of itself. I said I liked anime about a page ago, didn't I?

Learn to read.

And Spider-Man's longevity does not imply a lack of creativity. If anything, it's a testament to just how creative teams of writers can be over the course of YEARS through expanding a mythos/setting. Anime and manga is notorious for its brevity. Kinda like a flash fire: Burns hot and big when you set it, but it quickly goes out without sufficient fuel. It is also very, very repetitive.

If you REALLY want to continue this talk, I suggest you do it through PM. I'm not about to sully this topic with anymore nerdy bull****.

Edit:

>__> Sleepy beat me to the punch. **** you.

*goes to bed.*

Smooth Criminal

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
don't you love it when someone makes it so obvious that they have no idea what they are talking about? :)

SleepyK

hey guys, there's like 3 hours of friendlies on this dvd... you guys want me to upload those or get to the bracket matches first?
I know midsouth wants their friendlies against Iori, and Iori wants all of his friendlies, but there's like friendlies of people I don't know and other ones I have no idea about.
Linguini and dr Pee Pee, did you guys play your set out then do a bunch of friendlies?
I also just got the teams dvd ripped.
Finals DVD will be ripped as soon as I can get it ripped.

SleepyK

eugene, you like watching constipated men screaming about how hard they have to dump?

SleepyK

hey, jack, i DO have the friendlies of you vs linguini.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
@Sleepy - just upload the stuff as fast as you can. don't take the time to take requests, but bracket should ALWAYS take priority over friendlies...and yeah, DB > DBZ

@Doodah - i usually just treat anime like i would any other TV show, except animated. some are good, some suck. trust me, if i judged an activity based on its population, i wouldn't do a lot of things i enjoy, including playing melee.

SleepyK

real talk marty, but i just don't understand how some people let their enjoyment of anime rise to levels of like.... obsession <_<

JFox

Smash Hero
DAMMN dr PP ***** this tourney. Good stuff to NC catfish for taking first! Wow, good **** NC.

I'm happy to see darkrain made it to this and knocked some heads around. Good stuff.

PB&J

Smash Hero
darkrain was getting tossed around a bit too he just pulled thru in the end because he haks the game or should i say the cloud on yoshi's

PB&J

Smash Hero
stop comparing anime to cartoons please..apples doesnt taste like qoranges do they..if your going to compare something , compare things that are similar..now back on topic

i give a shout out to randal he is in love with cf

SleepyK

but anime is just japanese cartoons. Same thing. Cartoons from canada or europe don't have different names and etc, just like whoever said whatever earlier.
but anyway, shoutouts... I shall do them eventually.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
DAMMN dr PP ***** this tourney. Good stuff to NC catfish for taking first! Wow, good **** NC.

I'm happy to see darkrain made it to this and knocked some heads around. Good stuff.
Thanks mang.

I owe you a little for helpin me out with that bit of advice a while back.

Also I have AIM now, so any tips you wanna give me I'm open to listen to.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Once again, this is for Tope an his car.

I know you guys took Green Marios stuff, so if I ever see yall again an you dont have stuff to give ima handle the situation in a non peaceful way get my flow?

Im being serious I dont play that game an neither does Florida...so where yall from i guess its cool to take **** during a sketchy situation but down here it aint. So again have = amount of **** to give back or im bustin heads.

Kage I love you =)

Top Bottom