• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tingle for Brawl!

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
eh ok...just make sur it funny though... (^^)V

just off topic for a bit.... what do u think they should do to make Brawl better....well we all kno Brawl will be better than SSB ans SSBM.. but what certain things do u think they should add (besides character and stages) to make the game alot better?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
eh ok...just make sur it funny though... (^^)V

just off topic for a bit.... what do u think they should do to make Brawl better....well we all kno Brawl will be better than SSB ans SSBM.. but what certain things do u think they should add (besides character and stages) to make the game alot better?
Well, I dunno, because I'm quite happy with the fact that THERE'S AN ACTUAL PLOT and A SEEMINGLY DECENT SINGLE PLAYER as it is, and I'm hoping that the characters are more balanced than in Melee. Other than that? Eh, whatever.

kman2015

Smash Rookie
Lunadis,

I think you made a lot of good arguments of why Tingle should be in brawl. As it stands here are the represented franchises:

Mario - 6 reps (Mario, Peach, Bowser, DK, Wario, Yoshi)
LoZ - 2 reps (Zelda Link)
Pokemon - 2 reps (Pikachu, Trainer)
Kid Icarus - 1 rep (Pit)
Kirby - 2 reps (Kirby Metaknight)
Fire Emblem - 1 rep (Ike)
Metroid - 2 reps (if you count the change from reg. samus to zs)
DK - 2 reps (DK, Diddy)
Starfox - 1 rep (Fox)

With that in mind I'd certainly rather see another Starfox character represented as it is less represented, but thats just my personal opinion.

I think Tingle would be a great addition.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
There are characters from Zelda much worthy of being in Brawl, such as Midna or Zant, who have a lot more personality than tingle.
I disagree and I'm sure Nintendo does too. P: Tingle has been in many more games than they have.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
There are characters from Zelda much worthy of being in Brawl, such as Midna or Zant, who have a lot more personality than tingle.
I'm well aware that there are other past post in this thread I could quote but; I just don't feel like it so I'll start off from right here ^_^

Describe "personality" to me please. What makes "personality" more than just a perspective that people see you from? Why can't someone see that Tingle has more personality from your view that he doesn't have personality?

Personality should never be the one concept that defines wether or not a character should be in SSBB.

-Knight

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Ok....WTH happend to this site.........I mean I knew it crashed a alot but god dam that was the worst crash I ve experienced...............

Well, I dunno, because I'm quite happy with the fact that THERE'S AN ACTUAL PLOT and A SEEMINGLY DECENT SINGLE PLAYER as it is, and I'm hoping that the characters are more balanced than in Melee. Other than that? Eh, whatever.
yeah yur right about that (^^)v...the only thing I hope they still have characters being knocked into the background and bouncing off the screen :)...also I hope they make the Audience's reactions towards the fight sounds exactly as they did for the 1st SSB..They seemed more hyped up about it .....Melee's audience was somewhat bland...... (^^)v ok back on topic now thx for yur answer (^^)v

Hong

The Strongest
Sorry people. I was gone for a few days. Friend's wedding, brother's graduation, looking for a new job, painting, animating, ect ect. If anyone posted anything for the front page while I was gone, I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd post it again for me. Thanks.

And how could anyone say anyone has more personality than Tingle? If anything, he has too much personality and one could consider his character overplayed. Though he hasn't gone far enough for that.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Sorry people. I was gone for a few days. Friend's wedding, brother's graduation, looking for a new job, painting, animating, ect ect. If anyone posted anything for the front page while I was gone, I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd post it again for me. Thanks.

And how could anyone say anyone has more personality than Tingle? If anything, he has too much personality and one could consider his character overplayed. Though he hasn't gone far enough for that.
I remember rebutting some common arguements in the last thread, I'd like to put that up.

Hong

The Strongest
I'll look into it.

To clear up something from last page, this isn't the 8th version of the Tingle topic. Infact, this is only the second. The 0.8 is there because the first post isn't finished yet.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yes, because both of those characters appeared in one game. Tingle has appeared in several. :ohwell:

Fawriel

Smash Master
At both of the most recent arguments:

Tingle ~= Petey Piranha

Petey Piranha was in a whole lot of Mario games. He's apparently not important enough to be playable. Also, how come nobody's arguing for poor old Impa? I'm sure she'd make a wonderful wrestler. Sure, neither of these two were usually actually important to the plot, but hey! And Malon appeared three times! Midna, go home! What, you say you have one of the biggest Zelda games revolving around yourself? ...So?

Also, Petey Piranha is popular. He has a fanbase and stuff. And he has, like, a ton of personality? I mean, he's funny! And hungry! .... and funny! Look at him puke!
And Tingle is hilarious, too! I mean, dude, what's funnier than a deranged middle-aged man?
Uh, something about Tingle besides being funny?
I'm sure he'd make a good lawyer?

RWB

Smash Ace
Fawriel... I've always had a lot of respect for you... but you just took it all away.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Why that? Did I go too far with my sarcasm? If so, I apologize. I really don't mean to offend anyone. =/

EDIT: ...well, re-reading the post I guess I went a little too far indeed. I edited it and apologize again.
Sometimes I forget this isn't political satire. Especially when I just woke up.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Well, I haven't played the games Petey Piranha was in, so I can't say much, what I can say is that he was in one or two games as a boss and a few random (and I mean like marioparty or mariokart) games, but because Nintendo seem to like him for some reason or they other, he got into as a boss.
Impa? Well, I'm sure she's appeared in several games, but, she's only been... just there, at least in OOT, and in the handhelds I've played, she only seemed there at the beginning. She doesn't appear much else than Zelda's nanny and her character doesn't go much further than that.
Tingle? Well, if Petey Piranha got in as a boss I can definitely see him as a PC, he's appeared in way more than three games, and in several games he appeared and made his way reappearing in the game several times where you had to interact with him. In his games you get to see how he became who he is, why he is like that and how he lives his life. You don't do much with Impa in Ages and Seasons, only see her screw up at the beginning and talk to her a few times, and she does much less in ooc. Plus she hasn't appeared since then. Tingle? He makes you your maps, he translates them so they won't be completely useless, he tells you exactly where to go in WW. If I remember correctly you also had to speak to him several times in Ages? (I haven't played that in so long) and if you want to complete the miniquests in Minish Cap you have to talk to him and his bros almost constantly.

Malon? Yes, she gives you your horse in oot! But does she appear in EVERY other game, if not all? No!

I'd love to see Midna in brawl! Honestly I'd rather play her than Tingle, I love female characters like her! But I'm a realist here, and I think that after all his reappearances Tingle deserves the spot more.

Great, now I feel like a total noob. Sheesh.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Ah, don't feel bad please. I was too harsh in that post, I admit.
I've actually grown a certain respect for the Tingle supporters lately. I just love controversial humor that just barely stays within the boundaries of the tasteful... I kinda got carried away in the fun it was to write that post. *scratches head*
I apologize again to anyone whom I may have offended.

Now. I've checked Wikipedia, Petey appears in 5 main titles, and 7 spin-offs.
Tingle appeared 5 times in Zelda, had one real own RPG and one... Balloon Fighter remake.
And Impa and Malon are ridiculous of course, I just wanted to point out that appearing often does not make one a playable character.

Now that I think about it, a more suitable comparison would be Toad. Toad is extremely important to the Mario franchise, had his own game(s) and appeared a few thousand times in the course of the series, yet look what happened to him.
I see Tingle kind of similarly to him. Both have some sort of significance, but there are simply better choices still to include this time around. Of course, if there'll ever be a fourth Smash Bros, there's no doubt in mind that both Toad and Tingle ( granted that nothing horrible happens to his career? ) will appear in that game as fully playable characters.
Right now, I just feel that whatever went through Sakurai's mind when he basically guaranteed Toad's function as an NPC, he will think the same about Tingle.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Ah, don't feel bad please. I was too harsh in that post, I admit.
I've actually grown a certain respect for the Tingle supporters lately. I just love controversial humor that just barely stays within the boundaries of the tasteful... I kinda got carried away in the fun it was to write that post. *scratches head*
I apologize again to anyone whom I may have offended.

Now. I've checked Wikipedia, Petey appears in 5 main titles, and 7 spin-offs.
Tingle appeared 5 times in Zelda, had one real own RPG and one... Balloon Fighter remake.
And Impa and Malon are ridiculous of course, I just wanted to point out that appearing often does not make one a playable character.

Now that I think about it, a more suitable comparison would be Toad. Toad is extremely important to the Mario franchise, had his own game(s) and appeared a few thousand times in the course of the series, yet look what happened to him.
I see Tingle kind of similarly to him. Both have some sort of significance, but there are simply better choices still to include this time around. Of course, if there'll ever be a fourth Smash Bros, there's no doubt in mind that both Toad and Tingle ( granted that nothing horrible happens to his career? ) will appear in that game as fully playable characters.
Right now, I just feel that whatever went through Sakurai's mind when he basically guaranteed Toad's function as an NPC, he will think the same about Tingle.
Bah! Why do you think I'm here? My life is only a bunch of attempts at bringing the side of the story that is often ignored into the picture, no matter how much people reject it. I'm like that, I'm not here because I would love to play with Tingle, I'm here because I feel like it is my duty to support what I think is fact and to defend the actual Tingle supporters from onslaught of insults, flaming and trolling.
... Now I feel old.

I don't think spin-offs really count, and as I said again, I haven't played any games with Petey in it, but from what I hear he only serves as a boss and not as a supporting character like Tingle is. Correct me if I'm wrong though...

I'd go with Toad, but the problem with Toad is that he's not his own character anymore, he's just a type of Marioverse race/species like boos or koopas and one toad you see in one game is probably a completely different character from a toad you see in the next, even in the games ye olde Toad generally don't help you achieve much. Goombella and Vivian could help you in PM2, but just... a plain Toad didn't even really appear. He's just a generic, unspecific character that represents his species now even when he's playable. If Brawl was made a few years ago I could see Toad getting in as his own character, now that the Mario games have expanded and we see Toad is an entire species and an unspecific Mushroom palace guard it's next to impossible.

I mean, Toad's place as the fourth playable supporting character has deteriorated greatly in the last few years, he's been practically replaced by Bowser, and that's visible in SPM.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Bah! Why do you think I'm here? My life is only a bunch of attempts at bringing the side of the story that is often ignored into the picture, no matter how much people reject it. I'm like that, I'm not here because I would love to play with Tingle, I'm here because I feel like it is my duty to support what I think is fact and to defend the actual Tingle supporters from onslaught of insults, flaming and trolling.
... Now I feel old.
Uh.
I'm sorry?
Maybe you... do get a little too passionate about defending what you think is in need of defense. Right now, you're kinda operating this thread on your own while the big Tingle supporters of the olden days are nowhere to be found ( what's up with you, Creo and Numa Dude? ). Just saying. It seems kinda weird how adamantly you're defending Tingle despite not being interested a lot in him. Nothing wrong with that in itself, really, it's an interesting philosophy you're following, just make sure not to exaggerate it. Relax, it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

...that just sorta came out of nowhere. Feel free to ignore it.

All that's left for me to say is that Toad is as much a single person as Yoshi is. Every Toad supporter will tell you in all sorts of lengths about how there's a certain Toad called Kinopio who does things and stuff. So, yeah.

PS: I remember reading that you live in Vienna. So you... speak German?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Uh.
I'm sorry?
Maybe you... do get a little too passionate about defending what you think is in need of defense. Right now, you're kinda operating this thread on your own while the big Tingle supporters of the olden days are nowhere to be found ( what's up with you, Creo and Numa Dude? ). Just saying. It seems kinda weird how adamantly you're defending Tingle despite not being interested a lot in him. Nothing wrong with that in itself, really, it's an interesting philosophy you're following, just make sure not to exaggerate it. Relax, it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

...that just sorta came out of nowhere. Feel free to ignore it.

All that's left for me to say is that Toad is as much a single person as Yoshi is. Every Toad supporter will tell you in all sorts of lengths about how there's a certain Toad called Kinopio who does things and stuff. So, yeah.

PS: I remember reading that you live in Vienna. So you... speak German?
Hehe, sorry if that sounds rude, that's just my sense of humor that can make me seem like I'm pissed off at something. :p
I am passionate, and really, I don't understand why I am as such. Sometimes I'm miss realist, others I'm defender of the defenseless, but I think most of the time I'm both.
(Try figuring me out, I've sent my psychiatrists to therapy themselves! Haw haw)
I agree. Where IS Creo and Numa Dude? How can they leave the thread to someone who doesn't even really care if Tingle is in Brawl or not? It doesn't look too good on their butts that's for sure, but at least Kirby Knight has been kind enough to lend me a hand. I guess I'm just filling in, because the only character I really am looking forward to and expecting to see in Brawl is Ridley, and practically everyone wants and expects him to be there and as such the Ridley thread is little more than spam. I guess Tingle is more of a fun challenge to defend and I've always found myself in me vs. world situations, I kinda like 'em in a way.

Good point about Yoshi, I wonder what set Yoshi apart from Toad. Any ideas?

Sorry, I've only lived here for a few years and I'm not Austrian, so my German, well, fails.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Am I being reduced to bumping now?
Think of it as if you're playing as Tingle, and you're pressing the A buttong, butt-bumping this thread.

...I don't want his butt touching my Ridley or Sukapon. D:

Tingle for Brawl ...If Sakurai does so wish?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Of course they're going to get flamed. Tingle is a terrible idea. Anyone who actually wants the character in Brawl seriously needs to feel bad about themselves and realize how terribly wrong they are. Their lives need to be ruined and eventually, in some hope, they would see the light that Tingle and many other characters are completely idiotic. No, that doesn't mean you have to bash Tingle for being fruity, I'm a completely nonhomophobic person and open-minded. It isn't that aspect I hate about Tingle. The aspect I hate is simply he just isn't funny as he attempts to be and shines a negative homosexual stereotype that people constantly enjoy laughing at.
I don't think spin-offs really count
If spin-offs don't count, why in the hell did you cite the Tingle RPG as a source of him being "important"?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Think of it as if you're playing as Tingle, and you're pressing the A buttong, butt-bumping this thread.

...I don't want his butt touching my Ridley or Sukapon. D:

Tingle for Brawl ...If Sakurai does so wish?
Well, Sakurai made the Kirby series, so I guess he does love goofy fairy-like? characters. I can see him being a Tingle fan.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Uhm... you could just let it rest for now?
I made the Gardevoir thread and I'm absolutely obsessed with the character, but I don't keep bumping it just because. o_0
If you're desperate for the chance to argue, go insult some popular character or so. =P

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Uhm... you could just let it rest for now?
I made the Gardevoir thread and I'm absolutely obsessed with the character, but I don't keep bumping it just because. o_0
If you're desperate for the chance to argue, go insult some popular character or so. =P
Haha, it's just I'm afraid it will really die forever, don't want that. >:U
I'm not going to insult a popular character, because that'd be pointless and I don't want to troll. :p I want to argue about a character I actually know about. x_x

Fawriel

Smash Master
The old Tingle thread didn't die no matter how often we shot and stabbed it and filled it with explosives.

Well, until it was closed, at least.

But attempts to keep a thread alive just for the sake of keeping a thread alive is what got the Ridley thread closed... O_O

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer to have Majora's Mask/Skullkid over Tingle. Why?

Well for one: Tingle never fights anyone in the games.

He's passive.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I'd prefer to have Majora's Mask/Skullkid over Tingle. Why?

Well for one: Tingle never fights anyone in the games.

He's passive.
Really? Because I would rather play as Skull Kid too.
Tingle fights monsters in his games, actually.

But attempts to keep a thread alive just for the sake of keeping a thread alive is what got the Ridley thread closed... O_O
Okay then, I'll just stop bumping. :3

Hong

The Strongest
You really don't need to bump this. I always intended to bump it when it falls down a page.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
No one cares, just give up. Tingle is a sh-tty character, you honestly need to feel bad about yourself if you want him in Brawl or even support the fans that want him in.

Hong

The Strongest
No one cares, just give up. Tingle is a sh-tty character, you honestly need to feel bad about yourself if you want him in Brawl.
Not really. I guess it's just the desire for more heartfelt or humourous characters like Kirby, Yoshi, Wario. You are entitled to your opinion and even though you have made some posts with needless negative etiquitte, you have brought up some valid points.

However, there is still support for Tingle. A lot more than some of the other characters posted here. And this says a lot when it's an English speaking forum. He's not "sh-tty" if they released two games (and a third coming) that were succcessful and expanded the character fanbase dramatically. Saying "No one cares" is a quite the blind statement.

Edit - It's not like anyone is going to be heartbroken if he isn't in, axemangx. Super Smash Brothers Brawl is an amazing game based on what we've seen on the DOJO!!. Adding any more characters will only make it better. If he's an Assist Trophy, I still consider this thread a sucess. This thread is supporting Tingle as a playable character in Brawl. Yet if he's an Assist Trophy at least we got something for the character this format is dedicated to, thus there is nothing to fret about. We're not a bunch of emos like a few of the folks in the Deoxys or Lyndis thread.

Edit2 - Cleaned up the first post, formatted some of the text and added a some text to the darker areas.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
If Tingle becomes AT... one word.

L-O-L
Orly? It's not like we say Tingle for Brawl in every post we make, which is something I see constantly in other threads. We're not obsessed, we aren't making many banners, we don't have some elite group of Tingle supporters, we aren't too numerous. Heck, we don't even have a Tingle for Brawl button for our signatures!

If Ridley becomes an AT: LOL. If Geno becomes an AT: LOL. If Sonic becomes an AT: LOL.

If Tingle becomes an AT, Hehe. If Tingle becomes a playable character, ROTFLMFAO. I'll go with the latter. If Tingle is announced as a PC, I'm going to have a great time imagining your faces. If he isn't, I don't really care. It's a win-win situation for me.

Top Bottom