• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tingle for Brawl!

RWB

Smash Ace
Since when does him appearing in many games make him not sh-tty? That's like saying Naruto is good just because it's popular when it blatantly isn't.
I can claim Vaati is a sh-tty character, or that Link is one. You claiming Tingle is a sh-tty character does not a good argument make.

Too bad, it isn't what Kensuke Tanabe wants, it's what Sakurai wants. Sakurai isn't going to put a dull and substance-less character in like Tingle when there's so many other potential spots for actually good characters.
I could claim the same about those "actually good characters", and it would be just as true.

Yeah, and Tingle is just another side-character that Nintendo likes to exploit to please fans even though he was a completely sh-t character in the first place.
Yeah, since people actually like him, of course they will. Nintendo is a company, after all.

I don't care if the character is manly or badass, just as long as he has potential and is a good character. Tingle has no potential and is a completely idiotic and sh-tty character, of course I'm going to detest him in Brawl.
Has no potential and is a completely idiotic and sh-tty character, could be said for anyone. as i stated earlier, claiming Tingle is a sh-tty character does not a good argument make.

Yeah, obviously Link is able to magically control wind via experience in sorcery and be able to have cool wind abilities. YOU GOT ME THERE!!!
Ever played "Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker"?

Fawriel

Smash Master
I can claim Vaati is a sh-tty character, or that Link is one. You claiming Tingle is a sh-tty character does not a good argument make.

I could claim the same about those "actually good characters", and it would be just as true.

Yeah, since people actually like him, of course they will. Nintendo is a company, after all.

Has no potential and is a completely idiotic and sh-tty character, could be said for anyone. as i stated earlier, claiming Tingle is a sh-tty character does not a good argument make.
Hmm, you're trying to argue sophisticatedly by analyzing your opponent's arguments, but there's something you have to consider. What does "a good argument make"?
If you're going by "everything you say has no substance because I could just as well say it about anyone else", then no argument except for statistics about how popular a character is can be used as arguments.
In my opinion, Iceman's post is a good example of a simple argument that has enough evidence to back it up: Tingle's no stereotypical cool anime dude.
You should just ask Luke to back up his claims. I actually agree with many of his points, but he should indeed back them up instead of just stating them like that. But you shouldn't just call every argument worthless, either.
If that's not what your intention was, I apologize.

Vali

Smash Ace
Just to let you know, I've reported your posts.

hey there is nothing really good about him anyway and you did'nt have to answer me just ignore it if you dont like it.
Reported him...why? X_X

Completely on subject here, I'd like Tingle to get into Brawl on the pure basis that his fanbase will grow even more so and maybe, just maybe I'll get to laugh at someone cosplaying Tingle.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Just to let you know, I've reported your posts.
hey there is nothing really good about him anyway and you did'nt have to answer me just ignore it if you dont like it.
I said it in the other thread; due to the big problem we get by trolls I would report anything that smelled of rudeness and/or trolling and yours fit into the category. I have every right since it goes against the forum rules (I checked) and I have no qualms about doing so.

@Vali: LOL. Well, Nintendo is planning on improving his image, so I guess we may see that. :p

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Reyairia, it isn't being rude to say Tingle sucks. People are entitled to their opinion. It's not like he said you sucked, or anything about you. This is a Tingle discussion forum, and people are going to give their opinions about Tingle. Some people are going to say he's great and others are going to say he sucks. If the word "sucks" offends you, then you should just give up now. Because life is way harder than that. You can't report people every time they have an opinion that isn't yours. If you can't handle people disagreeing with you, then you shouldn't be in a discussion forum.

I've been called stupid for suggesting characters that I would like to be in the game. People actually insulted me and not the characters. And I didn't report them, but I guess that's because I'm a little more mature than you.

Let me guess? You're reporting me, right?

Tingle is a terrible character idea. I'd rather play as a Moblin.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Reyairia, it isn't being rude to say Tingle sucks. People are entitled to their opinion. It's not like he said you sucked, or anything about you. This is a Tingle discussion forum, and people are going to give their opinions about Tingle. Some people are going to say he's great and others are going to say he sucks. If the word "sucks" offends you, then you should just give up now. Because life is way harder than that. You can't report people every time they have an opinion that isn't yours. If you can't handle people disagreeing with you, then you shouldn't be in a discussion forum.

I've been called stupid for suggesting characters that I would like to be in the game. People actually insulted me and not the characters. And I didn't report them, but I guess that's because I'm a little more mature than you.

Let me guess? You're reporting me, right? LMAO

Tingle is a terrible character idea. I'd rather play as a Moblin.
Actually, poishrom has insulted me and the Tingle supporters before.
And this is a discussion, and that's precisely why people should not come here, voice their rather nasty opinion and leave it at that. I don't CARE what people think of Tingle, but technically what poishrom has been doing is spamming and trolling our threads continuously, and I'll be ****ed if I let that sort of behavior continue without doing something about it.
Yes, I can do something about it in real life, it's called phoning the police or calling security if I see someone disrupting the peace. In real life, people generally aren't mindless trolls. And I can handle disagreement and I've seen some good arguments against Tingle such as "it's enough with the Triforce three," being a "terrible character" does not hold a good argument, which is why I haven't even bothered to respond to Luke Groundwalker after his last post here.

As I said before, I too would rather play as another character, though it is appealing to be the one laughing when/if Tingle is announced the only character I truly support making the cut is Ridley.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
...Vaati not as important as Tingle? Without Vaati, Minish Cap wouldn't have a plot at all, while Tingle gave you some kinstone pieces and that's it.

In the end, we don't really know what gets a character into Brawl. A major factor that we know for sure would be that Sakurai has to like them, hence the retro characters. We don't know how important popularity is. Sure, he's not going to leave out the absolute huge fan-favourites like Diddy Kong and such, but I didn't see Tingle anywhere among the top 5 mentions in Sakurai's poll, like Ike and Diddy were.

We don't know how important significance is. We don't know how "important" Tingle is. He may have appeared in many games and spawned his own game, in my eyes, that only puts him a notch above Petey Piranha, whose function is basically equivalent to "Tingle, boss variant". He kept reappearing as a boss, which actually made him an integral part of the plots of some games, and he was playable in a thousand Mario sports games.

I'll stick to my idea that the soul and personality of a character are the most important, and Midna has easily some of the most personality in the whole Zelda series. Not to mention she was extremely important in Twilight Princess, which, if you look at it, is actually named after her. I'd put them about on the same level in terms of importance and possibly fan-support, but Midna, possibly combined with Wolf Link, just offers the most unique character, while Tingle, in my eyes, seems like a mixture between Luigi and Wario.
Does Vaati have his own game?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't like Tingle. He's just so... creepy. However, he's a logical choice for Brawl. I won't deny that. I'm hoping for Midna & Wolf Link, personally, and Tingle has me worried...

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I don't like Tingle. He's just so... creepy. However, he's a logical choice for Brawl. I won't deny that. I'm hoping for Midna & Wolf Link, personally, and Tingle has me worried...
Thank you for not being a mindless troll who's insecure about their sexuality as to annoy us.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
It is when I've already pointed out why he was sh-tty.
No.
Since when did any person like him other in Japan? Most people everywhere else dislikes him in every case.
It could be said about a lot of characters, including Tingle, not just everyone.
Ever played "Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker"?
Yes. Have you? Because the only time Link controlled wind is when he changed the movement of it with his wand (and maybe the cyclone teleportation counts, I guess).
Thank you for not being a mindless troll who's insecure about their sexuality as to annoy us.
Oh yeah, Tingle supports gay rights even though he's a negative homosexual stereotype, you got us there!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
"Tingle should be an AT."
Your mom should be an AT!
Rethink that one and come up with a viable reason he shouldn't be an AT.

Otherwise, great first post. Wouldn't mind seeing Tingle in Brawl unless hes gonna be broken :laugh:

-Onyx

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
no..Not Tingle...Not the creepy guy from TLOZ series Not Him!! Not the one who calls Link "Mr. Fairy" and charges 398 Rupees for deciphering a map! NOOO!!....well he might be acceptable as an assist trophy but as a PC....oh god please dont X____X

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Hey Reyairia, why is it that saying Tingle should be in Brawl because "the more the merrier" is a "great point of view", but saying that he shouldn't be in because he's a terrible character "isn't a valid point"?

Super Smash Master
Does Vaati have his own game?
Does Ganondorf? And before you say "Ganondorf is the main villain of Zelda", Meta Knight isn't the main villain of the Kirby series and he's never had his own game either.

Wario's had his own games since before the first SSB, and he didn't get in until the 3rd. And Tingle hasn't had half as many games as Wario, now has he made nearly as many appearances in other games as Wario has. If they ever make a SSB5, maybe Tingle will be in that one.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Hey Reyairia, why is it that saying Tingle should be in Brawl because "the more the merrier" is a "great point of view", but saying that he shouldn't be in because he's a terrible character "isn't a valid point"?

Does Ganondorf? And before you say "Ganondorf is the main villain of Zelda", Meta Knight isn't the main villain of the Kirby series and he's never had his own game either.

Wario's had his own games since before the first SSB, and he didn't get in until the 3rd. And Tingle hasn't had half as many games as Wario, now has he made nearly as many appearances in other games as Wario has. If they ever make a SSB5, maybe Tingle will be in that one.
yeah..and Tingle's FS would charging his oppnonts 398 Rupees. LOL

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Because a. he's obviously not a terrible character if Nintendo loves him so much and b. even if it's unrealistic, saying "the more the merrier" is just welcoming everybody, and I like that.

@MetaKnight'sSword: That is hilarious. xD

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
a. he's obviously not a terrible character if Nintendo loves him so much
It doesn't matter if Nintendo loves him or not. He's still a terrible character.
b. even if it's unrealistic, saying "the more the merrier" is just welcoming everybody, and I like that.
Yeah, I mean, we might as well include sh-tty characters like Stafy, Sora, or Daisy (as prime examples, there's so much more) instead of needed characters like Takamaru, Ridley, or Skapon. Matter of fact, let's fill the roster of Brawl with random characters even though there's hundreds of potential Nintendo characters out there that outshadow Tingle and a lot of other boring and dull characters!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Why are you just going to put up another thread about Tingle every time it gets locked?

I think everyone gets the point that you're crazy about him. (Especially because you put what. . . . 8 threads about him considering the version number?)
The reason they keep getting locked is because of numerous amounts of flames and trolls that end up becoming a whole flame war. It's not that the supporters are obsessed over Tingle, it's that so many people hate him.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
The reason they keep getting locked is because of numerous amounts of flames and trolls that end up becoming a whole flame war. It's not that the supporters are obsessed over Tingle, it's that so many people hate him.
Yeah, let's forget that the question of this thread is "Do you think Tingle should be in Brawl?" and bash every good point of him not being in Brawl and why he's a sh-tty character!!

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
tingle will be an Assist Trophey at the most, Midna/wolflink or wwlink would bea much better choice tingle no matter how much u try or believe is not a fighter he would be completley stupid and even if his move set is creativy how many matches would actually be able to win he would suck he would be dull and a waste of space, theres so many nintendo characters that could get in but the fact is alot of them would just not fitin the game tingle is one of those characters

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
I think if another character were to represent The Legend of Zelda series after the obvious main three, it would be Wind Waker Link.

But, if there is anyone after those four, then it should be Tingle. And I really do think Zelda will have more than four in reps in Brawl, seeing as how Melee had five.

And, no, I don't like Tingle, but I do think he deserves the spot more than anyone else in the Zelda series(besides the other four I listed).

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Why are you just going to put up another thread about Tingle every time it gets locked?

I think everyone gets the point that you're crazy about him. (Especially because you put what. . . . 8 threads about him considering the version number?)
wait. are u serious? this is the 8th thread about Tingle???!?!?!? =O

tingle will be an Assist Trophey at the most, Midna/wolflink or wwlink would bea much better choice tingle no matter how much u try or believe is not a fighter he would be completley stupid and even if his move set is creativy how many matches would actually be able to win he would suck he would be dull and a waste of space, theres so many nintendo characters that could get in but the fact is alot of them would just not fitin the game tingle is one of those characters
lets see what tingles move list would be

^B: Balloon

FS: Charging ppl 398 rupees

and that's all I got LOL

Reyairia

Smash Champion
wait. are u serious? this is the 8th thread about Tingle???!?!?!? =O

lets see what tingles move list would be

^B: Balloon

FS: Charging ppl 398 rupees

and that's all I got LOL
Well, Lunadis's moveset seems like it would work, though I like the charging people 298 rupees because I would laugh.

bob-bomber

Smash Cadet
he should have a fun taunt like looking at a map and scratching his head then turning it over and having a aha look on his face i think the balloon should be an up b

Reyairia

Smash Champion
he should have a fun taunt like looking at a map and scratching his head then turning it over and having a aha look on his face i think the balloon should be an up b
Nah, I think his taunt would definitely involve his magic words and confetti.

Top Bottom