• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tingle for Brawl!

Hong

The Strongest
this topic is not making anybody upset. Some people hate him some love him. i think tingle is 1337. the moveset that you gave him was wicked. If he was in why kick up a stink. Dont like him dont play him it's as simple as that.
so now moving on to how he could play he could hold 1 ruppie with him for a weapon and for his down special he create 1 to fight with or throw.
for a good animation rupees could fly out of him if hit hard and shatter in the air. they are his life force
Rupees flying out of him is a pretty cool idea!

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
in your movset tingle uses everything he can to beat his foes down. i really like the idea. however i do not like the paper aero plane. i think that makes him too much of a joke. maybe change the counter to side and my rupee idea as down.. just a thought

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Lunadis;2866080[COLOR="LightGreen" said:
Common Arguments[/COLOR]
"He's gay."
Actually, Tingle is straight as proven by him dreaming about getting kissed by two women in Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. Even if he was gay, why would it matter?
Any character with a game called "Rosy Rupeeland" can't be that straight.

"He's stupid."
Actually, Tingle is quite brilliant in many ways. While he may seem like quite the fairy fanatic, he always remains productive and can find a source of income under any circumstance.
I think you misunderstodd this argument. The whole character of Tingle is stupid.

"He sucks."
Tingle is a vacuum? News to me.
He sucks the pwnage right out of games.

"Skull Kid/Midna/Cel-Shaded Link deserves to be in more!"
Neither Skull Kid or Midna could give a moveset as unique or creative as Tingle, and neither them are anywhere near as popular. I like Skull Kid, but he hasn't done as much as Tingle nor could he be as flexible. Midna only appeared in one Zelda title and the whole overusage of hair-based attacks is not something I'd enjoy.

Cel-Shaded Link, however, is a viable contender. He's obviously more popular than Tingle, since it's Link in another form and he could very easily have a completely different moveset from his adult counterpart. Though the fact is it's still Link. New moves, new appearance, same guy. Give someone else in the Zelda series a chance for Brawl spotlight.
Midna and Wolf Link won't be unique? Get a life.

"He's useless and can't fight."
You've never seen his game. Besides, many of the fighters in Melee aren't exactly masters of combat, like Mr. Game & Watch, Peach or Ice Climbers.
They are gaming icons and were therefore included. Tingle is not.

"Zelda is over-repped."
Tell that to Mario or Pokémon. Melee had 4 Zelda reps (not counting Sheik), so it only makes sense that Brawl should have 4 or 5. Either Young Link is remade or Tingle replaces him.
Midna and WW Link are all the new reps the series needs.

"Tingle should be an AT."
Your mom should be an AT!
That's not even a counter-argument.
There's my counter-counter arguments.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
He's gay."
Actually, Tingle is straight as proven by him dreaming about getting kissed by two women in Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. Even if he was gay, why would it matter?
Any character with a game called "Rosy Rupeeland" can't be that straight.
so Link is also gay because he starred in a game called Twilight Princess?

"He's stupid."
Actually, Tingle is quite brilliant in many ways. While he may seem like quite the fairy fanatic, he always remains productive and can find a source of income under any circumstance.

I think you misunderstodd this argument. The whole character of Tingle is stupid.
Why Almighty Lord of Illogical Logic?

"He sucks."
Tingle is a vacuum? News to me.

He sucks the pwnage right out of games.
so your saying that Melee sucked big, hairy, STD infected, leaking, **** covered, bloody bawlz?

"Skull Kid/Midna/Cel-Shaded Link deserves to be in more!"
Neither Skull Kid or Midna could give a moveset as unique or creative as Tingle, and neither them are anywhere near as popular. I like Skull Kid, but he hasn't done as much as Tingle nor could he be as flexible. Midna only appeared in one Zelda title and the whole overusage of hair-based attacks is not something I'd enjoy.

Cel-Shaded Link, however, is a viable contender. He's obviously more popular than Tingle, since it's Link in another form and he could very easily have a completely different moveset from his adult counterpart. Though the fact is it's still Link. New moves, new appearance, same guy. Give someone else in the Zelda series a chance for Brawl spotlight.

Midna and Wolf Link won't be unique? Get a life.

"He's useless and can't fight."
You've never seen his game. Besides, many of the fighters in Melee aren't exactly masters of combat, like Mr. Game & Watch, Peach or Ice Climbers.

They are gaming icons and were therefore included. Tingle is not.
Your "counter-argument" doesnt counter the statement that he indeed CAN fight and is indeed useful...

"Zelda is over-repped."
Tell that to Mario or Pokémon. Melee had 4 Zelda reps (not counting Sheik), so it only makes sense that Brawl should have 4 or 5. Either Young Link is remade or Tingle replaces him.

Midna and WW Link are all the new reps the series needs.
And your supposed to know what the series needs

"Tingle should be an AT."
Your mom should be an AT!

That's not even a counter-argument
That's not even a counter-argument...no in all seriousness....Tingle would make a decent AT though...but he can work just fine as a PC
my comments in bold, yours in regular text, the original message in italics...

Hong

The Strongest
Wow. This is ridiculous. :/

There is no room for hotheads and trolls on the Tingle topic. Unless you are prepared to have an intelligent discussion and retort in a civilized and neutral manner, please be off. I thank you ZenJestr for your organized response while I was gone.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
Wow. This is ridiculous. :/

There is no room for hotheads and trolls on the Tingle topic. Unless you are prepared to have an intelligent discussion and retort in a civilized and neutral manner, please be off. I thank you ZenJestr for your organized response while I was gone.
just to get the point out

thedup

Smash Cadet
I support Tingle. I'd rather him than *shudder* Cel-Shaded Link...Tingle is awesome, and he'd be a WTF char that I would actually use
as long as he doesn't get in before Midna (WITHOUT WOLF LINK) I'm all for him

TBone06

Smash Ace
Personally I'd rather have Vaati, Tingle gives me the creeps a bit, I always got frustrated in the games that I've played. Plus I love Vaatis character

If Tingle is gay (which he isn't, according to his own game), then, uh, it's not a deciding factor.

Tingle is definitely more important and should be in before Midna.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
y are ppl bashing Tingle!?!?!?!? TT_______TT Just because a grown man wears tights and does a very weird dance that makes him gay?? NO IT DOESNT!!!!! T_________________________T

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I don't really know about Tingle..

I am not biased against him or anything, I just don't see the appeal. I can't argue that he's gay (so what if he was), stupid (mature argument of the hour) or anything like that, but I just can't picture playing as him/against him. It's not much of a reason to say no, but I just feel like there are others that I would rather see.

I guess it comes down to "Eh, not interested" and not much more. I bet he could make an interesting AT at the very least.

Nodonn

Smash Cadet
Tingle's effect as an AT should be that everyone gets their FS and fires it at him at the same time >_>

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I dunno if this was said before but I saw some vids of the Tingle RPG...and I saw the final boss fight...and I think his Final Smash should be that he takes out a Giant's Wallet and flies on his balloon and shoots a gatling gunfire shot of rupees from it....since rupees are his lifeforce, I think he should take damage when he shoots (but like superarmor hits; no flinch) but there is absolutely no way to avoid it if your in its hitbox...invincibility frames just become super armor frames instead, it breaks shields, goes around counters...and actually getting hit by it.......hurts....so yea

sry if it isnt good...

If you're curious about the boxing glove attacks, it's because his game features a Punch-Out!! boss battle mode.

Size: **
Weight: ***
Speed: **
Power: **
Range: ***
Fall Speed: ***

A Combo: Triple punch (does three punches. Simple.)
Forward Tilt: Headbutt (headbutts the opponent.)
Up Tilt: Head smash (hits up into the air with his head.)
Down Tilt: Slide (does a sliding kick.)
Dash Attack: Tackle (lunges forward into opponent.)

Up Air: Quill pen (jabs up with his pen.)
Forward Air: Karate kick (takes a flying kick stance and puts his foot forward.)
Down Air: Spin dance (does a spinning dance, damaging anyone as he drops down [that little dance he does before reinflating his balloon].)
Neutral Air: Punch (does a simple punch.)

Forward Smash: Jab (charges a boxing glove punch.)
Up Smash: Uppercut (charges a boxing glove punch and punches into the air.)
Down Smash: Low punch (charges a boxing glove punch and does a lower punch.)

B: Tingle Bomb (causes an explosion to occur near him.) - The Wind Waker
Smash B: Dust cloud (jumps forward and fights with an opponent, trapping them in a dust cloud.) - Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
Up B: Tingle Balloon (suddenly flies into the air with the assistance of a balloon, and can float for two seconds.) - The Wind Waker
Down B: Tingle Shield (creates a quick shield that protects him for one second.) - The Wind Waker
Final Smash: Bodyguards (many of Tingle's bodyguards appear and start to fight for him.)

Costumes:

Knuckle
Ankle
David Jr.

Taunt 1: Koloo-Limpah! (throws confetti and does his chant.) - Majora's Mask
Taunt 2: Map (writes on a map.) - Majora's Mask
Taunt 3: Dance (does his victory dance.) - Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland

I'm not quite as good with A moves as I am with B moves, so if people could give advice for the A moves, that'd be great.

Note: Sorry bout the other thread. Didn't notice that it had already been created again.

However, the B moves kinda suck (no offense - your A moves are a lot better), mostly because it invents things for Tingle to do instead of using the things he can do in his games.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
imo. tingle should have a ruppe to fight with and his down special creates one for him to either fight with or throw. Z being throw and his standard attacks could use the rupee and be more powerful.

Rupees could be used in his standard attacks, but his specials should be special.

The Tingle Balloon has been in most every game with Tingle in it, the Tingle Bomb's been in WW and Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, and the Tingle Shield just makes sense.

And of course, the Dust Cloud is how Tingle fights in his new game.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Note: I posted this as a seperate thread previously beacuse I couldn't find this one. In the waning days before brawl's release, I am ready to fight for Tingle.

Aaaah Tingle. No other character attracts flaming so vicious (Cept' maybe R!dl3y).

If you don't know who this weirdo is, get informed here for an unbias opinion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tingle

Or for how he fits into the Zelda universe, go here

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Tingle

Tingle is horribly unpopular in America. I'm not sure why, I always kind of liked him. He's clearly meant to be a comic relief character, and is much less "gay" than most Zelda npcs. It's just quirkiness is something American gamers don't like, or something.

I like Tingle, but if you don't, it's time to face the facts.

1. Besides Link (confirmed), Zelda (confirmed), and Ganondorf (all but confirmed), Tingle has been in more Zelda games than any other character.

2. He has his own spin-off game Tingle's Freshly Picked Rose-Colored Rupeeland (or something like that), which was never released in America, presumably due to our hatred of him. He also had a club nintendo exclusive remake of Balloon fight, featuring Tingle instead of Balloon Fighter.

3. He has moveset potential, contrary to popular belief. His phony magic spells, bombs, and his trademark balloon. He also had many attacls in his own game.

4. His competition in the Zelda newcomer department is Midna and Wind waker Link. Had Zamus been a seperate character from Samus, I could see WW Link happening, but now i think Sakurai is trying to avoid having one "character" take up multiple spots on the roster. Midna is pretty cool, but not quite as much as the fanboys make her seem. Just because she was the sidekick in the most recent game in the series doesn't mean she has any chance at all. I understand that she would add to the female population, but Tingle is very err... feminine too. I also see her inclusion in the game possibly spoiling parts of Twilight princess for people who haven't played it yet. This wasn't a problem with Shiek, because at Melee's release, OoT had been out for over three years, and already had a sequel.

5. Eiji Aonuma, the man currently in charge of the Zelda series, once said in an interview that Tingle was his favorite Zelda character. In another interview, Aonuma sid that he has been closely collaborating with Sakurai on zelda designs for Brawl. Would his favorite character not come up at all?

6.Tingle is wildly popular in Japan, which is why he has two of his own games. i'm certain that a playable appearance in Smashbros. would increase his popularity stateside. He would be te epitome of WTF? character.

Arguments against Tingle

1. I don't like him. He's "gay".

Too bad. Some people do like him, and he's had more game appearances than any other secondary Zelda character. people who use "gay" in the 12 year old way are ignorant too. In his spin-off, Tingle even had a hot fairy girlfiend named Pingle, so he's not a homosexual either (yet).

2. Tingle was deconfirmed! His trophy is the WW version!

Nope. This does not deconfirm him as a playable character. In Melee, fox and Falco's classic trophies used their N64 models, even though their playable models were updated. Tingle has also used that design in every game since Wind Waker, so the cell-shaded model could very well be playable. It would be admittedly weird to have only one cell-shaded Zelda character, so in this case, both he and WW Link might be playable.

I'm not saying that Tingle is guaranteed playable, although I think he will definetly be at least an assist trophy. I'm just proving that he probably is the most likely Zelda newcomer. WW Link has a good chance if Sakurai decides to have "two links", as he was on the poll, but I would be very upset if Midna, a "now or never character" as they say, got in over our rupee obsessed, middle aged, wannabe fairy.

LET THE FLAMING BEGIN! (Please keep it to a minimum though. i think I'm right here.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Well, not to disagree with you or anything, but there was one detail that I had to pointed out:

Just because she was the sidekick in the most recent game in the series doesn't mean she has any chance at all. I understand that she would add to the female population, but Tingle is very err... feminine too.
All I'm going to say is if he gets put in there because of that reason, then you can me a gay noob forever.

Top Bottom