• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
They did exactly that! to be fair though, both series are known to just kill off a character for no reason but to kill them off. It's nice to know the games do that too :')))

That's a better way to word it. Zestiria is more linear than the other, which disappointed people. Not to say it's bad, just different. That and the promotional issues, but I'd like to think people have gotten over that by now.

LOL, that's a beautifully accurate joke :')
Maybe they're just being cautious. This is their first foray into PC. Developers tend to be a bit more cautious when they really shake up their status quo. Take for example FFVII and FFXIII. Both of those games broke away from established Final Fantasy trends. As a result, they're a bit more linear than a lot of people would like.

Edit: Speaking of ASoIaF, this image has joined the ranks of my desktop backgrounds:

That dragon wasn't exactly small.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Triple Combo if they're portrayed by Sean Bean
Sean Bean, professional Sacrificial Lion.
I've heard a LOT of people are disappointed in this game's plot. no big twist or sudden shift in antagonist which is normal for the series. Not saying the game is going to be bad, just don't get your hopes TOO high.
I know exactly who you're talking about....

Waifu Alisha too stronk, ruins game by leaving party halfway through.

Last edited:

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
So while I was laddering on Smashladder today, I ran into another Robin player that taught me that d-throw to f-smash mindgames is a thing (knew about it prior, but never really explored it (too much CHECKMATE hype)). Looks like this scrub just discovered what to work on next :shades:

Forgot to mention, after attending a few tournies, I now understand why For Glory is considered bad for practicing. That tiny amount of input lag makes all the difference (had to recalibrate my timing for the Checkmate because of it :p)

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
It's just me or WindHero WindHero has been away for ages?
And then he posts like nothing happened. :halfsheep:

Welcome back, mate! :101:
Haha, yeah, I've certainly been around... just not as active, and mostly in the Shulk and Regional Zones forums. College is really heavy on the homework this semester... I recently resumed playing as Robin, since I feel like doing so will help improve my fundamentals... Shulk has too much extra stuff going on, I kinda forgot the basic habits I need to break. >.<

STILL looking for a solid third character to play, someone faster with decent kill power... Those Pits and Falcons don't go down easy... In the time I've been away from the Robin Social, I placed 9th and 5th in the last couple of monthly tournaments, mostly with Shulk, so that was pretty cool. Hoping my Robin revival will help bring me closer to 1, especially with the next tournament being a gaming convention.

Still, good to see you guys again, and congrats to @Raziek for placing 33rd at BH5. (Another inspiration for me to pick Robin up in earnest again.)

Nah

Smash Champion
Forgot to mention, after attending a few tournies, I now understand why For Glory is considered bad for practicing. That tiny amount of input lag makes all the difference (had to recalibrate my timing for the Checkmate because of it :p)
Is the input lag really that bad? I have a rather hard time believing that a couple of frames of input lag really makes that much of a difference.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Avokha Avokha Yep, even one frame off can ruin a combo game. As a Luigi main I can tell you its no fun.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
hey guys I'm on Shadow Dragon's chapter 10: Princess Minerva, possibly the most brutal chapter in the game and This is when the horse spam turns into overdrive so I'm forging an unused Wing Spear to help with the endeavor.

I'm not too sure what to name the new lance though. I'm thinking:
Win Spear: a corruption of the original name that hints at the weapons badassery
(four letter word) Spear: messing around with the fact the lance has Spear in its name
Reginfeil: FE8 Ephraim's lance with the same effect
I Poke You: its a silly name
Undyne: Undertale tho

D

Deleted member

hey guys I'm on Shadow Dragon's chapter 10: Princess Minerva, possibly the most brutal chapter in the game and This is when the horse spam turns into overdrive so I'm forging an unused Wing Spear to help with the endeavor.

I'm not too sure what to name the new lance though. I'm thinking:
Win Spear: a corruption of the original name that hints at the weapons badassery
(four letter word) Spear: messing around with the fact the lance has Spear in its name
Reginfeil: FE8 Ephraim's lance with the same effect
I Poke You: its a silly name
Undyne: Undertale tho
Reginfeil. Do it because Ephraim.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

Happy Back to the Future Day, folks!

Still missing the Mr. Fusion fuel systems, hoverboards and flying cars.

But the Cubs could well win the World Series!
They're 0-3 right now against the Mets though...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm still waiting on my self-lacing Air Force Ones Nike shoes.

Those haven't happen yet, get on it Nike

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
TftB Episode 5 was so good.
And who do I get for the Vault Hunting other than:
upload_2015-10-21_19-54-52.png

Complete with more censors.
I expected the Conductor of the Poop train...

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
This is the best video i've seen in a while and makes me miss the days when my two copies of Melee worked
I wish I was able to play Melee (aside from emulation)
Is the input lag really that bad? I have a rather hard time believing that a couple of frames of input lag really makes that much of a difference.
As someone who plays a lot of technical characters, yes.

Happy Back to the Future Day, folks!
I wish I had watched Back to the Future.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I keep forgetting to visit this thread...
I can tell from experience that it makes a lot of moves look safer than they actually are (especially rolling). I'm a ROB main and ROB's arm rotor spam will get you a lot of easy kills online (helps that most people are unfamiliar with ROB, heh.) But yeah, relying too much on For Glory for practice can lead to a lot of bad habits.

I woke a few family members from my laugher. >_> :laugh:

:231:

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
I'm still waiting on my self-lacing Air Force Ones Nike shoes.

Those haven't happen yet, get on it Nike

not even into shoes or w/e in fact i find the idea of spending over $80 on a pair of shoes laughable, especially considering you're just going to get them all dirty and **** or keep them in a closet your whole life in an attempt to prevent the former
but i would buy these in a heartbeat

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
So I learned that Pac Land has an element in it that makes you big today. Shows how much I play there.
was super fun playing that like a classic platformer today until timeout, then playing through it again in sudden death trying to avoid bob-ombs with you.

I swear, this game can be really fun outside of competitive-type play if you come up with creative ways.

Also, jigglypuff ditto in light gravity/slomo was hilarious as hell.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Honestly if Goku got into a Smash at this rate I would be totally fine with it.
Too bad him along with every other internet meme can't be in it :^)
Nintendo should just be nice and next to the random put a slot that says"meme" and you get to play a random meme
if only :^)

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Too bad him along with every other internet meme can't be in it :^)
Nintendo should just be nice and next to the random put a slot that says"meme" and you get to play a random meme
if only :^)
I'm pretty sure Goku isn't an internet meme.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
A match on Anther's that I just had made me realize that I need a LAN adapter.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
So my area will be having its first ever Sm4sh crew battle tournament, such hype! I already have a crew set up :p (the members anyway, the name is still in the air) Looks like I'm crewed together with some of the top players here as well :shades:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
was super fun playing that like a classic platformer today until timeout, then playing through it again in sudden death trying to avoid bob-ombs with you.

I swear, this game can be really fun outside of competitive-type play if you come up with creative ways.

Also, jigglypuff ditto in light gravity/slomo was hilarious as hell.
We need to do the slomo jiggs on Friday

Top Bottom