• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
...thats...A GUY?

It looks like a woman
You're not alone my friend, that's what everyone thought when they first saw Yuri Lowell.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, I am think about reconsidering who I am main and I was wonder if you guys could give me a hand?

Also, why this thread moving so fast?!

:135:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Hey guys, I am think about reconsidering who I am main and I was wonder if you guys could give me a hand?

Well, any characters you like in their source material? Any character just feel good for you?

Yuri's speed is higher than the rest of the party's, that's why!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Besides my Tink idea, maybe some Ryu or Fox to go with your Pit

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well, any characters you like in their source material? Any character just feel good for you?

Yuri's speed is higher than the rest of the party's, that's why!
Well, the 4 characters that I am think of using, that I am good at and have the most fun with are
:4robinm::4pit::4sonic::4littlemac:

Now, that was original the order that I had my mains, however, after read about how little Pit is actually used, I am very interested in using him more and representing him. And while I still love using Robin and am pretty good at him (he being my most used character), for some reason I always find myself going to Little Mac and just having more fun. Tho it can be difficult to go for a character who can recover anyway to a character that can never recover. As for Sonic, well, his just a cool character that I like using.

Incase you didn't underwent that wall of text, I am consider change my mains from this
:4robinm::4pit: -:4sonic::4littlemac:

To this

:4pit::4littlemac: - :4robinm::4sonic:.

Thoughts?

Besides my Tink idea, maybe some Ryu or Fox to go with your Pit
Eh, I don't know about Gay. I can't play Ryu (to complicated for me) tho I am pretty alright with Fox, but i don't know, makes me feel no better than people who pick ZSS cause she good.

Why Shulk?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, the 4 characters that I am think of using, that I am good at and have the most fun with are

Now, that was original the order that I had my mains, however, after read about how little Pit is actually used, I am very interested in using him more and representing him. And while I still love using Robin and am pretty good at him (he being my most used character), for some reason I always find myself going to Little Mac and just having more fun. Tho it can be difficult to go for a character who can recover anyway to a character that can never recover. As for Sonic, well, his just a cool character that I like using.

Incase you didn't underwent that wall of text, I am consider change my mains from this

To this

Thoughts?

Eh, I don't know about Gay. I can't play Ryu (to complicated for me) tho I am pretty alright with Fox, but i don't know, makes me feel no better than people who pick ZSS cause she good.

Why Shulk?

Well Fox has nothing "ZSS" on him anymore. If you want, I could help you with Ryu(I was gonna ask 2 people anyways), along with the helping of mains.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Finished Life Is Strange and TalesFrom the Borderlands
ONE FEELS TRIP AFTER ANOTHER
LOVED IT
;___;

So I fire up Tales of Zestiria on the PC. And, I haven't even started the game, and already, I'm happy: THE GAME HAS MOUSE FUNCTIONALITY!!! This is, as far as I'm aware, the first Tales game ever to end up on PC. Most everything else before has been on console, so maybe this was planned? Judging that even the PS versions of the game were in fact released today as well leads me to believe that this isn't a port and that it was by design. Either way, I'm pretty happy to have some good mouse functionality beyond simple camera controls.

Is it true that the GC port of Tales of Symphonia had content lacking in it compared to the PS2 version? Or am I thinking of a different game (RE4 perhaps)?
I haven't fired it up yet, but I'm very excited to play Zestiria on steam! This is a nice step forward, especially for me so I'm not forced to buy a PS3/4

The only content lacking in GC's symphonia was the mystic artes. Game Cube version only Lloyd, Colette and Genius could use one and under very absurd circumstances. in the PS/steam port everyone could use one and when the unison bar was filled.
As for everything else...
Optional boss 1, a color change and slight increase in health
GameCube

Play Station
I couldn't find a clear shot, but basically his hair is gold now(no reason as to why)

Now with the 2nd optional boss, it's weird. it's not really content lacking, but is at the same time
It replaces a boss, but the new boss it's MUCH harder
On the GameCube version you fight the living armor at the end of the cursed book

On the Play station version however you instead fight Mithos, Kratos and Yuan in a 3v3 fight (I belive Lloyd is mandatory,and you choose the other two) I couldn't find a picture with all three of them, so here is a video of the battle. As you canimagine, all three of them wailing on you at the same time isn't exactly easy

Not sure if there any other differnces in the game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
~Skelly~ ~Skelly~ you wanna fight to the death?

LOVED IT
;___;

I haven't fired it up yet, but I'm very excited to play Zestiria on steam! This is a nice step forward, especially for me so I'm not forced to buy a PS3/4

The only content lacking in GC's symphonia was the mystic artes. Game Cube version only Lloyd, Colette and Genius could use one and under very absurd circumstances. in the PS/steam port everyone could use one and when the unison bar was filled.
As for everything else...
Optional boss 1, a color change and slight increase in health
GameCube

Play Station
I couldn't find a clear shot, but basically his hair is gold now(no reason as to why)

Now with the 2nd optional boss, it's weird. it's not really content lacking, but is at the same time
It replaces a boss, but the new boss it's MUCH harder
On the GameCube version you fight the living armor at the end of the cursed book

On the Play station version however you instead fight Mithos, Kratos and Yuan in a 3v3 fight (I belive Lloyd is mandatory,and you choose the other two) I couldn't find a picture with all three of them, so here is a video of the battle. As you canimagine, all three of them wailing on you at the same time isn't exactly easy

Not sure if there any other differnces in the game.
Now for Dashie to play Life is Strange

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Why Shulk?

Trying something completely new often is completely eye opening.

You might like it and stick with him or you might be like "WOW WHY DID I TAKE YAKI'S ADVICE HE'S AN IDIOT!!!!1!!"
LOVED IT
;___;
Aren't those two illusions of choice point n clicks or

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165

To this

Thoughts?:135:
I feel like they could all give you something the other can't in terms of gameplay; try just maining all four of them rather than emphasizing on just two of them.

Edit: Finally finished homework! Stay down!
upload_2015-10-20_21-25-55.png

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Trying something completely new often is completely eye opening.

You might like it and stick with him or you might be like "WOW WHY DID I TAKE YAKI'S ADVICE HE'S AN IDIOT!!!!1!!"

Aren't those two illusions of choice point n clicks or
I would describe them more so as
"player-choice, butterfly effect inspired games filled with all the feels you could ask for and some nice, big old trashcans of your own choosing."

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I would describe them more so as
"player-choice, butterfly effect inspired games filled with all the feels you could ask for and some nice, big old trashcans of your own choosing."
I tried the GoT one and got burned out by the fact that the guy i didn't want to die and played in order to make sure he didn't die ended up dying.
In the first episode.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

To this

Thoughts?

I have little knowledge of the characters you main but if you're interested in dropping a character for say :4tlink:, I'll be more than happy to give you a hand.

If you're comfortable with the characters you use, then just keep using them. Polish on what you think your lacking in and practice, practice, practice.

Wish I could help you more. Sorry.

~Skelly~ ~Skelly~ you wanna fight to the death?
Not tonight, I need to flip through a math book to help me with an evaluation test I'm planning on doing next week. I'm free tomorrow after 2, unless my teacher is still sick, by which case I'm free all day.
The Robin Social was under the effects of Monado Speed.
Fixed. This place is Sloooooooooooooooooooooow as of right now.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have little knowledge of the characters you main but if you're interested in dropping a character for say :4tlink:, I'll be more than happy to give you a hand.

If you're comfortable with the characters you use, then just keep using them.

Not tonight, I need to flip through a math book to help me with an evaluation test I'm planning on doing next week. I'm free tomorrow after 2, unless my teacher is still sick, by which case I'm free all day.
Fixed. This place is Sloooooooooooooooooooooow as of right now.
I expected a no since it took forever to reply(not a patient person), but tommorow sounds good.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So I've gotten a few hours under my belt on Tales of Zestiria. The soundtrack so far is pretty awesome. Here's the opening cinematic. This actually doesn't play until you get through the Prologue as it were:
(Japanese version actually has vocals. Us gaigin on this side of the pond just get this instrumental version.) Not that there's anything wrong with that mind you.

The story so far is somewhat slow, but I'm not totally worried since Symphonia actually started kinda slow and cliché (Help the Chosen One fulfill the Chosen One's Destiny to Revive the dying World) and eventually it picked up quite a bit. I haven't really found such a large spanning arc yet, but I'm patient.

The combat system is far better than Symphonia. Symphonia was like 2.5D, this is fully 3D. And the camera is over the shoulder so you gotta watch your ass as well. Making it quite a bit more interesting.

Whelp, Imma gonna hit the sack. I'll keep throwing tidbits. Hell, maybe I'll just do a video review or something once I'm comfortable and think that I have some measure of freedom and can do a review type thing without risking story spoilers...

I do have one complaint: And that's the lack of a soundtrack on the Steam DLC list...

Last edited:

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I might take you up on some practice since I miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight be attending my first local on Sunday.

So this has been stuck in my head all day. Kinda helped with some of my Pika timing at some points. So yeah enjoy a song about this fish.
S

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well Fox has nothing "ZSS" on him anymore. If you want, I could help you with Ryu(I was gonna ask 2 people anyways), along with the helping of mains.
Hm, i might think about Fox, though I'll probable just leave Ryu. I'm just to bad at him and not really interested in maining him.

The Robin Social is under the effects of Monado Speed.
Seems like the Monado power is up now.

I feel like they could all give you something the other can't in terms of gameplay; try just maining all four of them rather than emphasizing on just two of them.
Hm, I don't know. I sort of taking Raziek advice in that it's better to main at most 2 chars rather than 4. But I just love play all 4 characters.

I can't main Toon Link. I was playing him first when Smash 3ds and he was funny at first, but the more I played him, the less I liked him. I don't what it is, but they've change something about him from Brawl and now his just erk to play. It might be his air mobility.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I can't main Toon Link. I was playing him first when Smash 3ds and he was funny at first, but the more I played him, the less I liked him. I don't what it is, but they've change something about him from Brawl and now his just erk to play. It might be his air mobility.

Sorry to hear that. Well, if you change your mind you know where to find me.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
So I've gotten a few hours under my belt on Tales of Zestiria. The soundtrack so far is pretty awesome. Here's the opening cinematic. This actually doesn't play until you get through the Prologue as it were:
(Japanese version actually has vocals. Us gaigin on this side of the pond just get this instrumental version.) Not that there's anything wrong with that mind you.

The story so far is somewhat slow, but I'm not totally worried since Symphonia actually started kinda slow and cliché (Help the Chosen One fulfill the Chosen One's Destiny to Revive the dying World) and eventually it picked up quite a bit. I haven't really found such a large spanning arc yet, but I'm patient.

The combat system is far better than Symphonia. Symphonia was like 2.5D, this is fully 3D. And the camera is over the shoulder so you gotta watch your *** as well. Making it quite a bit more interesting.

Whelp, Imma gonna hit the sack. I'll keep throwing tidbits. Hell, maybe I'll just do a video review or something once I'm comfortable and think that I have some measure of freedom and can do a review type thing without risking story spoilers...

I do have one complaint: And that's the lack of a soundtrack on the Steam DLC list...
I was disappointed to hear only the instrumental in the US version, Superfly has such a lovely voice :L Other than that, the soundtrack reminds me of legendia, especially one of the boss themes. I'l try to find it again later.

Kinda sort of Zestiria spoilers? More so of a warning than spoilers, but just in case

I've heard a LOT of people are disappointed in this game's plot. no big twist or sudden shift in antagonist which is normal for the series. Not saying the game is going to be bad, just don't get your hopes TOO high.

I tried the GoT one and got burned out by the fact that the guy i didn't want to die and played in order to make sure he didn't die ended up dying.
In the first episode.
>GoT
>trying to keep someone alive
:^)

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I was disappointed to hear only the instrumental in the US version, Superfly has such a lovely voice :L Other than that, the soundtrack reminds me of legendia, especially one of the boss themes. I'l try to find it again later.

Kinda sort of Zestiria spoilers? More so of a warning than spoilers, but just in case

I've heard a LOT of people are disappointed in this game's plot. no big twist or sudden shift in antagonist which is normal for the series. Not saying the game is going to be bad, just don't get your hopes TOO high.
****s given = zero. I'm still gonna play and hopefully enjoy this game to hopefully the end. Also, Symphonia really never had a shift in antagonist. It did have the overall plot shift though from the "leading the Chosen One to the Chosen One's Destiny of Fixing the Broken World" to "****ing with the mind control wanting Half-Elf assholes".

Pretty sure they pulled stuff like that in TWD
It happens ALL the time in GoT and ASoIaF. Never EVER get attached to ANY character in GRRM's work. He will leave you a broken shell of a human, weeping over the gruesome death of your favorite character. Just remember the joke:

George R.R. Martin, Quentin Tarantino and Joss Wheadon walk into a bar.

All your favorite characters die.

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Pretty sure they pulled stuff like that in TWD
They did exactly that! to be fair though, both series are known to just kill off a character for no reason but to kill them off. It's nice to know the games do that too :')))

****s given = zero. I'm still gonna play and hopefully enjoy this game to hopefully the end. Also, Symphonia really never had a shift in antagonist. It did have the overall plot shift though from the "leading the Chosen One to the Chosen One's Destiny of Fixing the Broken World" to "****ing with the mind control wanting Half-Elf ********".

It happens ALL the time in GoT and ASoIaF. Never EVER get attached to ANY character in GRRM's work. He will leave you a broken shell of a human, weeping over the gruesome death of your favorite character. Just remember the joke:

All your favorite characters die.
That's a better way to word it. Zestiria is more linear than the other, which disappointed people. Not to say it's bad, just different. That and the promotional issues, but I'd like to think people have gotten over that by now.

LOL, that's a beautifully accurate joke :')

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868

All your favorite characters die
Triple Combo if they're portrayed by Sean Bean

Last edited:
Top Bottom