• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So shadow dragon is going well. I chose to sacrifice Frey though, since I need my Jeigan for sheilding.
two things:
one, you killed off the cannon sacrifice
two you're on normal, once you understand all the underhanded things you do in that game you'll be reaching for the H3+ button

D

Deleted member

We got scans of Ace Attorney 6

-Apollo returns in this game. He and Phoenix are referred as "Double Protagonists."
-Gaspen Payne from Dual Destinites returns and becomes the undefeated prosecutor of Kurain. He's only undefeated because there are no defense attorneys.
-Phoenix does his trails in Kurain while Apollo does his in Japanifornia
-Girl in pink outfit is called Leifa.
-Something about Spirit Vision.
-Interesting.
-Really? LOL I wonder if that means that there weren't any prosecutors prior. I also wonder if Gaspen Payne will basically become the main prosecutor for Phoenix's part of the game.
-Interesting again. I want to know why we are controlling Apollo in Japanifornia, though.
-Cool.
-I wish I knew what they were talking about.
So far, the game is looking pretty solid.

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Not enough Robin in this thread. Even if it is a social thread.

Mfw when "reading" the comments.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Yes you should.

Team JNPR are pretty much guarantees to be added on later as are SSSN.
Wouldn't mind Oobleck either. More Joel Heyman is always a good thing.
It's been on my "To Watch" list for a dog's age now, but being busy with college again + other shows + videogames + this social thread = not a whole lot of free time left over.
Not enough Robin in this thread. Even if it is a social thread.

Mfw when "reading" the comments.

Oh if you came here expecting actual talk of Robin you will be SORELY disappointed!

That being said, have some adorable chibi Robins!

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Don't know about you all but For Glory has been a surprisingly pleasant place for me. My opponents and I are often complimenting each other and saying good games. Just had a decently long set with this one guy who kept switching characters. Won most of them, lost a few. And we did the courteous GGs to each other and he even surprised me when he said "Love U Bye!" Caught me off guard for a bit but I was like "Oh wth, we take those."

Nah

Smash Champion
For Glory is better than most people make it out to be really. It's still certainly a hit-or-miss place, it still has plenty of assholes and garbage players, but it also has a fair amount of (seemingly) decent players and people.

Gemneye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xdragonfireboix
It is possible to DI and jump out of Wind Jab, but it's still worth using, especially on fastfallers because they have a much harder time escaping it. You should still get a little bit out of it unless at max range.

You do also want to make use of Fire Jab too. Floaty characters tend to have a relatively easy time getting out of Wind Jab/some multihit moves so Fire Jab is usually better at hitting them.

A disjointed attack is one where the hitbox isn't connected to/doesn't overlap with a hurtbox. When :4mario: throws out a punch or a kick, he's extending both a hurtbox and hitbox at the same time since his fist/leg is part of his body. When :4robinf: swings her sword, she's only extending a hitbox because the sword isn't part of her body. Disjoints are always a good thing.

Usually it's pretty easy to tell who has disjoints and what moves are disjointed (basically every attack using a weapon), though there's a few, like :4falcon:'s Fsmash or :4sheik:'s Bouncing Fish that have a disjoint for like no ****ing reason when they really shouldn't.

There's also a few moves that are what's called "transcendent", meaning they don't interact with other hitboxes at all (disjointed moves can still clank and stuff). :4falco:'s hands are transcendent during his Fsmash, as are his lasers.

Everyone can fast fall, but some characters naturally drop to the ground faster than others. You can see on this page that Falco has a high fall speed (1.8 fall speed, 2.88 fast fall speed, ranked 5th-8th), while Robin has an average fall speed (1.5 fall speed, 2.4 fast fall speed, ranked 28-32). You then have "floaty" characters, who have a low fall and fast fall speed, like :rosalina::4samus::4kirby::4jigglypuff:.

Not really, I just have it in mind that low damage=few pummels, more damage=more pummels. It also depends a bit on how good your opponent is at mashing out of throws, though you'll eventually get a feel for roughly how long you wanna pummel people.

Not that everyone has a pummel worth using. Robin's is terrible, while :4ness: has a really good/fast one.

Yeah, it doesn't always work out for me too. It is kind of a risk in this game. I tried to gimp a Ness a day or two ago but instead ate electrified Ness missile and died =(

Like I said yesterday some characters are good at it, some aren't, some are easy to edgeguard, some are nearly impossible to. You also don't necessarily wanna go for it every time either.

While on stage yeah you'll need to have your back to the ledge if you're gonna jump onto it (because then you'll be facing the ledge once you descend on it). You can also run off and grab onto the ledge, like Raz shows in this video he made a few months ago about ledge trumping.

For covering people's get up options, you can go for a read if you feel like you've got them read or conditioned them to do a particular option. You can also try to react to what they're doing and then select the best move to cover that option. You can usually sorta-kinda tell what they're gonna do from the start up animation, and some of them have vulnerable periods you can exploit.

It's also, like a lot of stuff in Smash 4, character dependent. :4myfriends: can cover almost all ledge options with Eruption alone if he's good at timing it. :4palutena: can cover both a normal get up and a plain jump get up with her Usmash. Most Dsmashes can catch roll get ups.
Yeah, I didn't think about fast-fallers(nor did I understand the term's meaning LOL). I assume they fall deeper in to your hit box so it's harder to to DI out of?

Oh, disjointed makes a lot of sense now. I assume it's the same with Marth and his sword huh?

Thanks for the link to the ledge trumping video. Definitely going to practice that "C" version in training mode next time I jump in training mode.

Baiting to go in for a nair or something sounds pretty good too. There's a lot that I can try out when covering.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
PREFACE: I'm drunk right now. responses will be iffy

Ah, that would be lovely, thank you! If it's confirmed, I'll be going on the Monday during half term. :dr^_^:

Oh man, your Ike though. Savage.
I'll talk to bowie (did we ever talk about how handsome he was?) abotu sorting out a thing for U18's, and I'll let you know.

And thanks, We could say the same thing about your robin/marth tbh...I mean, we did....constantly....during dbz7...you were a main point of focus then tbh. It will definitely be good for the community if you could start attending regular things too

I knew I was gonna get something wrong

thanks for pointing that out, don't wanna give people bad info
its k together we all make one whole good information source.

side note: Cider is nice

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I guess since most of my matches against Gemneye Gemneye were longer than 3 minutes, I created I highlight reel of one of them. For a moment it looked like the Great Fox had hit me in the video. That part also shows why I'm afraid to hold:GCR: when trying to DI (Sometimes it seems like I'm holding:GCUR:)
Only me...but we can still be partners

AmericanDJ AmericanDJ Leaker
I guess that makes sense.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
For Glory isn't that bad. The WiiU one that is. 3DS For Glory is traaaaaaash

NAPPU TIME
Isn't that the robin skype chat picture?

PREFACE: I'm drunk right now. responses will be iffy

I'll talk to bowie (did we ever talk about how handsome he was?) abotu sorting out a thing for U18's, and I'll let you know.

And thanks, We could say the same thing about your robin/marth tbh...I mean, we did....constantly....during dbz7...you were a main point of focus then tbh. It will definitely be good for the community if you could start attending regular things too

its k together we all make one whole good information source.

side note: Cider is nice
I would like to agree, Bowie is a very handsome individual.

Rukia

Enamored
most of us watched this already

doesn't make it any less amusing to watch though

I also promoted from Smash Master to Smash Hero
Here, watch this.

Serious note, not sure if it's really a spoiler as it's been seen in the trailer. Enjoy nonetheless.

Top Bottom