• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Who wouldn't want to be gay with Tharja? I may be a guy, but if I was a woman...

Besides, there's been some form of incest in the game aswell(like Lucina and Owain, that's just weird, since Chrom and Lissa)(Camilla with either genders).
Lucina and Owain isn't THAT weird. I mean, It is legal for cousins to marry in most(?) states, and other countries where the game would be popular.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
We got scans of Ace Attorney 6

-Apollo returns in this game. He and Phoenix are referred as "Double Protagonists."
-Gaspen Payne from Dual Destinites returns and becomes the undefeated prosecutor of Kurain. He's only undefeated because there are no defense attorneys.
-Phoenix does his trails in Kurain while Apollo does his in Japanifornia
-Girl in pink outfit is called Leifa.
-Something about Spirit Vision.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That moment when you're stretching like this:

in Film Studies as the Teacher opens the curtains after watching a film.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Moydow Moydow
As I understand it, you're playing through every Fire Emblem in order of release.

Do you think you're going to have Awakening down in time for when Fates is released?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Moydow Moydow
As I understand it, you're playing through every Fire Emblem in order of release.

Do you think you're going to have Awakening down in time for when Fates is released?
Maybe, 9/10/12 will be a bit awkward to get through though, since I can't play them on handhelds, so I won't have easy access to them for a while in November.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Usually it's pretty easy to tell who has disjoints and what moves are disjointed (basically every attack using a weapon), though there's a few, like :4falcon:'s Fsmash or :4sheik:'s Bouncing Fish that have a disjoint for like no ****ing reason when they really shouldn't.

For covering people's get up options, you can go for a read if you feel like you've got them read or conditioned them to do a particular option. You can also try to react to what they're doing and then select the best move to cover that option. You can usually sorta-kinda tell what they're gonna do from the start up animation, and some of them have vulnerable periods you can exploit.

It's also, like a lot of stuff in Smash 4, character dependent. :4myfriends: can cover almost all ledge options with Eruption alone if he's good at timing it. :4palutena: can cover both a normal get up and a plain jump get up with her Usmash. Most Dsmashes can catch roll get ups.
I'm gonna be 'That guy' here:

1. It's also quite important to note that a LOT of jabs in this game are disjointed for no readily apparent reason. It's basically good to learn that trying to compete with a jab within its range is a bad idea.

2. Ike shouldnt be using eruption to cover getups at all, as it will straight up lose to getup attack most of the time, or just trade with a getup attack if you get one specific frame, not only that, but if you do get the trade, they go straight up and you're now in tumble, forfeiting stage control and for a character based around spacing and zoning, that's a really poor trade for Ike.

The reason we use Eruption at the ledge is because it has very long active frames, hits well below the ledge and can be charged for forever, making it really good for trying to catch ledgesnap vulnerability (Because it hits so far below the ledge and has a decent lingering hitbox, you have a 4-5 frame window in which to catch their recovery) particularly if they have a more linear recovery like fox.

If you want to cover ledge getup options with Ike, the best options is a short-hop retreating nair ~1 character length from the ledge and retreating another character length. This particular option will cover every 'regular' getup option if you time it correctly.

Gotta abuse that Brawl tech in the new game too :ike:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Except of course the actual incest in FE4
Wut...?

Maybe, 9/10/12 will be a bit awkward to get through though, since I can't play them on handhelds, so I won't have easy access to them for a while in November.
Eh, you'll do it. Especially since we have no concrete release date on Fates on this side of the Pacific. I wouldn't expect it in the first half of 2016, at least the first quarter, at this point.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Yes I agree there Ruby. It'd be more awesome if I could actually play it right now though.

D

Deleted member

Himouto! Lucina-chan is the sequel to Himouto! Umaru-chan. Can't wait to watch it~

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Chapter Serf Chapter Serf
How are the XCOM games? I'm looking for some new SRPGs that aren't FE, Advance Wars and the VC games

And are there any of them on consoles and handhelds or is it a PC only series

Matsushi

True Blood
I'll ask them, I'm sure if I provide them with wristbands on something that we can put on U18's they'll let you guys in :)

Also that was my ike when I was quite drunk and playing terribly, you should see it when I'm playing good.
Actually you can. Here's footage of me bodying yackabean and pidgey (came 17th&13th at dbz7) a few months ago :D
It was fun. If you do come down for meltdown I dibs first games
Ah, that would be lovely, thank you! If it's confirmed, I'll be going on the Monday during half term. :dr^_^:

Oh man, your Ike though. Savage.

Folt

Smash Ace
@ Ace Attorney stuff: Gaspen being the undefeated prosecutor is ****ing great, and the reason is even better! :yeahboi:

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
We interrupt this slow day to bring you a moment in manlyness.

halolz-dot-com-gurrenlagann-captainfalcon-metalgearsolid-highfifteen.jpg

@Sanae Want to play me a couple of matches in a couple of hours?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Given that FE is depicted in a medieval setting, I'm not too bugged by the implications of cousin and half-sibling romances.

With the exception of actual witchcraft, existence of actual dragons and half-animal hybrids, and FE being equal opportunity for both sexes in both heroism and being asshats, the medieval homages are clear.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Chapter Serf Chapter Serf
How are the XCOM games? I'm looking for some new SRPGs that aren't FE, Advance Wars and the VC games

And are there any of them on consoles and handhelds or is it a PC only series
I've only played the 2012 Firaxis Reboot, XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Coincidentally, that's the ONLY XCOM game released on consoles (360 and PS3). Although a little bit of research revealed that it's also on Android and iOS. No idea how it fares on those platforms.

Everything else prior to the 2012 reboot was released only on the PC. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified was also released on console, but I never played it. I heard mixed things about it, and isn't exactly the SRPG you're looking for. It's more of a shooter.

As an aside, XCOM2, slated for release sometime next year, is a PC exclusive. The devs made that decision, I think, based on lackluster sales on the console ports as well as putting absolutely no support for mods in Enemy Unknown and still getting Long War dropped on them. By mods.

That all being said, the previous X-COM games (note the Hyphen) are about twenty years old. And are available on Steam. I'd start with this. As a warning, it is fairly brutal.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I'm gonna be 'That guy' here:

1. It's also quite important to note that a LOT of jabs in this game are disjointed for no readily apparent reason. It's basically good to learn that trying to compete with a jab within its range is a bad idea.

2. Ike shouldnt be using eruption to cover getups at all, as it will straight up lose to getup attack most of the time, or just trade with a getup attack if you get one specific frame, not only that, but if you do get the trade, they go straight up and you're now in tumble, forfeiting stage control and for a character based around spacing and zoning, that's a really poor trade for Ike.

The reason we use Eruption at the ledge is because it has very long active frames, hits well below the ledge and can be charged for forever, making it really good for trying to catch ledgesnap vulnerability (Because it hits so far below the ledge and has a decent lingering hitbox, you have a 4-5 frame window in which to catch their recovery) particularly if they have a more linear recovery like fox.

If you want to cover ledge getup options with Ike, the best options is a short-hop retreating nair ~1 character length from the ledge and retreating another character length. This particular option will cover every 'regular' getup option if you time it correctly.

Gotta abuse that Brawl tech in the new game too :ike:
I knew I was gonna get something wrong

thanks for pointing that out, don't wanna give people bad info

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Yes I agree there Ruby. It'd be more awesome if I could actually play it right now though.

Or just in general, but you catch my drift.

Fingers crossed that Pyrrha Nikos will be playable.
We interrupt this slow day to bring you a moment in manlyness.

View attachment 78072
:067: MANLINESS LEVELS ARE OVER....... ehh you know the rest. :068:
Story of my life for the past three weeks. S-ranking every mission is a pain. get it? :^)
But is it an ethereal kind of pain? Kind of like, a PHANTOM PAIN?!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Or just in general, but you catch my drift.

Fingers crossed that Pyrrha Nikos will be playable.
Yes you should.

Team JNPR are pretty much guarantees to be added on later as are SSSN.
Wouldn't mind Oobleck either. More Joel Heyman is always a good thing.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I've only played the 2012 Firaxis Reboot, XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Coincidentally, that's the ONLY XCOM game released on consoles (360 and PS3). Although a little bit of research revealed that it's also on Android and iOS. No idea how it fares on those platforms.

Everything else prior to the 2012 reboot was released only on the PC. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified was also released on console, but I never played it. I heard mixed things about it, and isn't exactly the SRPG you're looking for. It's more of a shooter.

As an aside, XCOM2, slated for release sometime next year, is a PC exclusive. The devs made that decision, I think, based on lackluster sales on the console ports as well as putting absolutely no support for mods in Enemy Unknown and still getting Long War dropped on them. By mods.

That all being said, the previous X-COM games (note the Hyphen) are about twenty years old. And are available on Steam. I'd start with this. As a warning, it is fairly brutal.
Thanks for the help.

I might play the console versions just because of easy access and I don't know if my laptop is strong enough to run it

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Oh, sure, now it updates.

We got scans of Ace Attorney 6

-Apollo returns in this game. He and Phoenix are referred as "Double Protagonists."
-Gaspen Payne from Dual Destinites returns and becomes the undefeated prosecutor of Kurain. He's only undefeated because there are no defense attorneys.
-Phoenix does his trails in Kurain while Apollo does his in Japanifornia
-Girl in pink outfit is called Leifa.
-Something about Spirit Vision.
I'm liking what I see here so far.
Except for sweating Phoenix, save that for big moments at this point.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
How exactly would I go about pranking another User.

the FAQ seems slightly outdated.
Is it an option on the other person's profile page or something?
(I've never had a premium membership, I wouldn't know)

Top Bottom