• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
so i just found out the really late news that FE14 won't be released until 2016 past christmas

mfw

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
How fitting for Halloween.

If he makes it back, it'll be possible to make an HD version of this image since Luigi's Mansion returned as a stage.

Wouldn't that be a nice treat.
Indeed it is perfect for the month of Hallows Eve!

Werewolfs? More like Where's Wolf, amirite????!

He is the fondest of starting fires.
Libra: ***** you look like Robin.
Grima: And you look like a lady.
Libra: I get that, now hand over the kid.

(Hooray for Team Four Star)
Another FE rep in smash?

*CLEARS THROAT LOUDLY*

<3

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
FE14 won't be released until 2016 past christmas
Wait. It's being released in December 2016?
Or do you mean past Christmas this year? Because I really hope they don't need a year and a half to localize this game...

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I honestly wouldn't be opposed to the idea. Having more females added to the Smash cast can only be a plus in my book. And honestly in the gaming industry generally...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I honestly wouldn't be opposed to the idea. Having more females added to the Smash cast can only be a plus in my book. And honestly in the gaming industry generally...

I don't mind this ule depending on the game. Same for males to(like Hulk).

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Or do you mean past Christmas this year? Because I really hope they don't need a year and a half to localize this game...
I think he's seeing the amazon release date.

They make it say dec 31st always as a way to actually list items without release dates. I remember preordering I think MK8 when they hadn't announced the release date and getting it in may when it released.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord

They make it say dec 31st always as a way to actually list items without release dates. I remember preordering I think MK8 when they hadn't announced the release date and getting it in may when it released.
Okay, that makes a lot more sense.

D

Deleted member

I was about to panic when I read that the game would be released passed December...
Didn't they make a tentative release date for Spring 2016? They surely don't need until December 2016 to localize Fates.

Mario Mario: Ace Attorney!

I love the ideas that people come up with sometimes. :love:
I played that level. It was a pretty fun level!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

poor wording on my behalf
meant past this year's christmas

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Pfft you made us all panic
I've seen people on Tumblr getting paranoid Fates would be released on the December 31st, 2016. Even after one person explains to the paranoid fan that the date is just a placeholder Amazon uses when only a year has been specified, another person makes a post complaining that Fates will release at the end of the year.

I expect Fates to release late Winter/early Spring 2016.

Nah

Smash Champion
I normally jab on Robin quite a bit, but lately people have been DIing out of my wind jab, specifically, and I didn't think it was worth to use it as weird as that sounds.
It is possible to DI and jump out of Wind Jab, but it's still worth using, especially on fastfallers because they have a much harder time escaping it. You should still get a little bit out of it unless at max range.

You do also want to make use of Fire Jab too. Floaty characters tend to have a relatively easy time getting out of Wind Jab/some multihit moves so Fire Jab is usually better at hitting them.

I hear the word "disjoint" being thrown around with talking about Robin's jab a lot. What does that actually mean?
A disjointed attack is one where the hitbox isn't connected to/doesn't overlap with a hurtbox. When :4mario: throws out a punch or a kick, he's extending both a hurtbox and hitbox at the same time since his fist/leg is part of his body. When :4robinf: swings her sword, she's only extending a hitbox because the sword isn't part of her body. Disjoints are always a good thing.

Usually it's pretty easy to tell who has disjoints and what moves are disjointed (basically every attack using a weapon), though there's a few, like :4falcon:'s Fsmash or :4sheik:'s Bouncing Fish that have a disjoint for like no ****ing reason when they really shouldn't.

There's also a few moves that are what's called "transcendent", meaning they don't interact with other hitboxes at all (disjointed moves can still clank and stuff). :4falco:'s hands are transcendent during his Fsmash, as are his lasers.

Is there a reason why Falco is considered a fast faller when Robin can fast fall also?
Everyone can fast fall, but some characters naturally drop to the ground faster than others. You can see on this page that Falco has a high fall speed (1.8 fall speed, 2.88 fast fall speed, ranked 5th-8th), while Robin has an average fall speed (1.5 fall speed, 2.4 fast fall speed, ranked 28-32). You then have "floaty" characters, who have a low fall and fast fall speed, like :rosalina::4samus::4kirby::4jigglypuff:.

Is there a certain number of pummels that you usually do before you throw without risk of grab releasing?
Not really, I just have it in mind that low damage=few pummels, more damage=more pummels. It also depends a bit on how good your opponent is at mashing out of throws, though you'll eventually get a feel for roughly how long you wanna pummel people.

Not that everyone has a pummel worth using. Robin's is terrible, while :4ness: has a really good/fast one.

I've tried edge guarding/off stage play and it almost never works out for me,
Yeah, it doesn't always work out for me too. It is kind of a risk in this game. I tried to gimp a Ness a day or two ago but instead ate electrified Ness missile and died =(

Like I said yesterday some characters are good at it, some aren't, some are easy to edgeguard, some are nearly impossible to. You also don't necessarily wanna go for it every time either.

To grab on to the ledge while an opponent is on do I have to have my back facing the ledge while I jump on to it? So, I suppose throwing out an Arc Fire on to the ledge and waiting for my opponent would be the best thing to do outside of trying to read my opponent?
While on stage yeah you'll need to have your back to the ledge if you're gonna jump onto it (because then you'll be facing the ledge once you descend on it). You can also run off and grab onto the ledge, like Raz shows in this video he made a few months ago about ledge trumping.

For covering people's get up options, you can go for a read if you feel like you've got them read or conditioned them to do a particular option. You can also try to react to what they're doing and then select the best move to cover that option. You can usually sorta-kinda tell what they're gonna do from the start up animation, and some of them have vulnerable periods you can exploit.

It's also, like a lot of stuff in Smash 4, character dependent. :4myfriends: can cover almost all ledge options with Eruption alone if he's good at timing it. :4palutena: can cover both a normal get up and a plain jump get up with her Usmash. Most Dsmashes can catch roll get ups.

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I've seen people on Tumblr getting paranoid Fates would be released on the December 31st, 2016. Even after one person explains to the paranoid fan that the date is just a placeholder Amazon uses when only a year has been specified, another person makes a post complaining that Fates will release at the end of the year.

I expect Fates to release late Winter/early Spring 2016.
I'd rather those complaints over the complaints about the game content.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'd rather those complaints over the complaints about the game content.
I meant to ask but is one indivdual route of fates have a decent amount of content
while I will still buy Norh/Conquest it would suck if it is skim on content unless I also buy Hoshido/Birthright

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I meant to ask but is one indivdual route of fates have a decent amount of content
while I will still buy Norh/Conquest it would suck if it is skim on content unless I also buy Hoshido/Birthright
I was more talking the whole "why can you marry your sister this game is weird" and "why can I only s rank only one character of the same gender"

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
"why can I only s rank only one character of the same gender"
my complain for that would not be that but "why are my gay S-supports a sadist and Tharja 2.0" but I also know Tharja is pretty popular and the sadist is not ugly so i guess it's not too bad

contemplating playing as F! Kamui to S-Support Harlod tho

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
my complain for that would not be that but "why are my gay S-supports a sadist and Tharja 2.0" but I also know Tharja is pretty popular and the sadist is not ugly so i guess it's not too bad

contemplating playing as F! Kamui to S-Support Harlod tho
Part of the reason for why they were like here just these two were because
  1. If every unit could s rank eachother regardless of gender you could literally have childless runs.
  2. it slightly echos the real world where you really can't force someone to change sexuality off the bat

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Part of the reason for why they were like here just these two were because
  1. If every unit could s rank eachother regardless of gender you could literally have childless runs.
  2. it slightly echos the real world where you really can't force someone to change sexuality off the bat
oh no I'm not complaing about the number, two is fine. Expecting everybody to be Bi is absurd. what annoys me just a bit, not a whole lot, is who your options were

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Gay marriage is a step in the right direction, but I can see why the only options can cause controversy. I mean, one of them is Tharja in all but name.

Anyway, what are Marth and Ike's critical quotes? I've been curious about that for a while.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Gay marriage is a step in the right direction, but I can see why the only options can cause controversy. I mean, one of them is Tharja in all but name.

Anyway, what are Marth and Ike's critical quotes? I've been curious about that for a while.
Who wouldn't want to be gay with Tharja? I may be a guy, but if I was a woman...

Besides, there's been some form of incest in the game aswell(like Lucina and Owain, that's just weird, since Chrom and Lissa)(Camilla with either genders).

Top Bottom