• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Reynitsu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9310-5788
It's worth it for Lon'qu's awkwardness towards his son.

So many Game Overs. Finally have an excuse to link this little gem somewhere.

This made me cry. No joke.

Sike. But dude. This song is the story of my gaming life :D *favorites it on Youtube*

D

Deleted member

You know, there's also the question of whether or not there's a Plegia to rule anymore... Weren't most of its citizens served up as dinner for Grima?

Lunatic mode isn't actually that hard once you get access to grinding with EXPonential Growth.

Though the first few chapters... They're pretty brutal.
Good question. Perhaps Plegia crumbled when Grima did. The only Plegians that I know are alive by the end are Tharja, Henry, and Gangrel (assuming that they didn't die in your playthrough on classic mode).

Well, I do have EXPonential Growth...
Agh. I'm not ready for that. I still like playing on Normal/Casual since I just want to have a relaxing time with the game and experiment with some pairs.

Lon'qu x Cordelia can set up for an Assassin Severa!Morgan with high SKL and Lethality. Streetpass teams beware xD
A Severa assassin with Lethality... that isn't a bad idea at all!
Now that's strategy!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Good question. Perhaps Plegia crumbled when Grima did. The only Plegians that I know are alive by the end are Tharja, Henry, and Gangrel (assuming that they didn't die in your playthrough on classic mode).
And Robin.

Honestly, though, with most of Plegia either being eaten or shoved off the back of a dragon, I don't think there's much left. Even Gangrel admits that there isn't much of a Plegia to rule in his support with Female Robin.

Well, I do have EXPonential Growth...
Agh. I'm not ready for that. I still like playing on Normal/Casual since I just want to have a relaxing time with the game and experiment with some pairs.!
Filthy casual.

Reynitsu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9310-5788
Why would it make you cry? Did I word that wrong? My apologies.

And yes, the song is stupidly funny.

Elitist :seuss:
Naw I said Sike at line 2 so I wasn't rly crying :3
A Severa assassin with Lethality... that isn't a bad idea at all!
Now that's strategy!
I think Morgan has 68 Skill if you marry Lon'qu!Severa to MU with Skill benefit and place her as assassin. Morgan swag xD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My Morgan has stats in the low 50s. D:
I don't think my Morgan has any stat above 50; I always like to have Robin marry Tharja anyway. Still, she is more powerful than her parents... until I got Limit Breaker for them.

What's your Morgan's highest stat anyway? Mine's is Magic.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't think my Morgan has any stat above 50; I always like to have Robin marry Tharja anyway. Still, she is more powerful than her parents... until I got Limit Breaker for them.

I want to say it's speed. They are all about the same anyways. :4lucina:!Morgan is a freaking beast. She can easily fill any role. And has Aether. :)

Last edited:

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
So PotD confirms eight costumes per character, presumably 4 male, 4 female
So far as I am aware we have only seen the two defaults, leaving us with 3 of each.
Because it would be impossible to fit every combination of Robin in to please everyone, I think they will go with designs that are references to other FE Characters. All in recolours of the standard Tactician clothing, complete with hair recolours and styling.

For FemRobin

Lilina: Reskin the Black parts of the outfit, and the boots to Red, with Fire Emblem Blue hair. Some outlining changes to Crimson, pants changed to Brown.

Celica: Pink hair, keep the "overcoat" of the ourfit the same, but the shirt, pants, etc are all changed to Pink. Boots changed to Gold.

Micaiah: (Already suggested, but let me present an alternative version) Keep hair colour, but change style. Reskin her overcoat to Blue, and her & shirt crotch-cover to Purple, pants to Black, boots to Tan, as opposed to the (brilliant) Photoshop before which used Purple for the overcoat. The decision to go with blue was partially due to Micaiah's FE:A DLC design, and partially because we really don't need Red, Pink and Purple versions of Robin.

I'm a relative newcomer to Fire Emblem, (Awakening, and part way through Gaiden & GBA) so I don't really know who to use for Male Robin. Henry and Validar have very similar color schemes, and I'm not sure if Erk is important enough. (Boey sure isn't). To throw some guesses around:

Mark (GBA Tactition) as the obligatory Green colour.

A White Recolour. Sephiran, as suggested earlier looks like a good fit, regardless of class (Captain Falcon has palate swaps based on his opponents Cars, so surely cross-class palates isn't too outlandish).

Which leaves us with
Yellow being the logical other colour, and I don't have the faintest idea who that could reference. Maybe keep that for just another random Robin? (Defiantly a more yellowish blonde)

Below is the concept art for Lilina, Celica and Both of Micaiah's.

[Spoiler/]

Last edited:

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
The September 3, 2014 POTD just confirmed Ninka's predication that each character will get 8 variations of the themselves whether they be palette swaps or completely new costumes. Here are my guesses then:

1. Default Male Robin
2. Default Female Robin
3. Grandmaster Male Robin
4. Grandmaster Female Robin
5. Hooded Male Robin
6. Hooded Female Robin
7. Grima Male Robin
8. Grima Female Robin

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
All a Grima alt would accomplish is give Robin a dark purple aura at all times. That's difficult to justify being put in due to stored Thoron's sparks, and the colored outlines for Team Battles now, making the entire package a visual fustercluck, and that's without adding the Franklin Badge's sparkling effect and Superspicy Curry's flame aura into the mix.

Hooded alt is repeatedly asked for, a lot, but then you're essentially creating two of the same alt, because the hood covers all of Robin's facial features, and therefor the only characteristics we have to distinguish between male and female Robin.

Green alt seems to be a given for Mark, and a blue costume could serve to reference the player character in New Mystery of the Emblem. Don't think we need a red though - Male Villager doesn't have a single green costume, so red could be excluded for either one of the genders.

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
The September 3, 2014 POTD just confirmed Ninka's predication that each character will get 8 variations of the themselves whether they be palette swaps or completely new costumes. Here are my guesses then:

1. Default Male Robin
2. Default Female Robin
5. Hooded Male Robin
6. Hooded Female Robin
7. Grima Male Robin
8. Grima Female Robin
You're forgetting that you need to have Green/Red/Blue color alts for teams, so with that in mind.. Most likely scenario:

1. Default Male Robin
2. Default Female Robin
3. Red Male Robin
4. Red Female Robin
5. Blue Male Robin
6. Blue Female Robin
7. Green Male Robin
8. Green Female Robin

I'm doubting Robin will get any actual 'alts' considering there's already male/female options for the character, like Wiifit trainer.

There is one possibility though. Could follow a similiar route as Villager. 4 male and 4 female Robins. However, each color has different traits(hair/face) based on the options for the MyUnit creation from Awakening.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Red/Blue/Green costumes are unnecessary now, because team alignments are now designated by the color of the character's outline.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't think that is quite the case anymore.

Let's look at Villager as an example.

At most we have 1 male and female that can fit red team and another male-female pair that can fit blue. However neither of the other males fit green team but both of the other females can fit in the green team.

So even presuming the Wii-U won't have outlines like the 3DS version for teams, it doesn't have to be an exact 1:1 ratio for male-female colors.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If Villager can get 8 different sets of clothing and faces, then I demand the Young Robin style(on mobile, so the one where he's. Morgan-like and holding a tome at all times).

I can live with spiky haired Robin, but if that's an option I switch to nothing else.

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
You're forgetting that you need to have Green/Red/Blue color alts for teams, so with that in mind.. Most likely scenario:

1. Default Male Robin
2. Default Female Robin
3. Red Male Robin
4. Red Female Robin
5. Blue Male Robin
6. Blue Female Robin
7. Green Male Robin
8. Green Female Robin

I'm doubting Robin will get any actual 'alts' considering there's already male/female options for the character, like Wiifit trainer.

There is one possibility though. Could follow a similiar route as Villager. 4 male and 4 female Robins. However, each color has different traits(hair/face) based on the options for the MyUnit creation from Awakening.
Yeah that's the worst case scenario if all of Robin's alts are just Red, Blue and Green.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You'd think everyone's Morgan's highest stat would be Magic.

:4lucina:!Morgan is a freaking beast. She can easily fill any role. And has Aether. :)
Marrying Sully turned my Lucina into a glass cannon that benefits from ridiculous evasion. Next time I'll marry anyone who can get her Galeforce :)

•Col•

Smash Champion
Red/Blue/Green costumes are unnecessary now, because team alignments are now designated by the color of the character's outline.
That is true, but I still feel like they want to try to get a selection of colors so that the outfit color won't 'clash'(so to speak) with the team colors.

For instance, someone pointed out above that there isn't a green male Villager. There are two green female ones though. And the yellow male would work just fine for teams in a green team with a green outline. I feel like they'd be pretty lenient to a certain degree with matching the costume colors with team colors.. But not too lenient. I feel like if team colors were 100% determined by just the outline now, that'd cause a few problems with colorblind players.

Also, I'm not sure that I consider Villager in the same category as WiiFit Trainer and Robin. In my mind, Villager is kind of a blank slate that the gender doesn't really matter. I don't view it as a person.... Villager is an 'It' to me, not so much a 'He' or 'She'.

Whereas with Robin and WiiFit trainer, I think they want to keep the two genders entirely equal. Also as far as I know, Villager remains silent in this game, whereas WFT's and Robin's voice will change depending on whether you choose a male or female avatar.

That being said, thinking about the outline color for teams again.. I feel that the default Robin colors are actually lenient enough that they'd fit for a blue team color option. So here's my new guess as to the alts for Robin..

1. Default Male Robin
2. Default Female Robin
3. Red-ish Male Robin
4. Red-ish Female Robin
5. Green-ish Male Robin
6. Green-ish Female Robin
7. Hooded Male Robin
8. Hooded Female Robin

I'm fine with that honestly. The fact that there's a male/female option for the character is already kind of a big deal since it also changes the voice. Much more diverse feeling than, say, Samus' recolors.

Hacksorus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hacksorus
3DS FC
2664-2171-8516
Guess we're talking about pairings now.

On my first playthrough I screwed up the pairings so badly that Sumia had nobody to marry and Cynthia was doomed to nonexistence.

:)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Think Robin can do the floaty thing in Gameplay?

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
Here are the classes in Awakening that can canonically use both Swords and Tomes with the exception of Brides.

1. Default Male Robin
2. Default Female Robin
5. Dreadfighter Robin
6. Bride Robin
7. Dark Knight Male Robin
8. Dark Knight Female Robin

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Here are the classes in Awakening that can canonically use both Swords and Tomes (with the exception of Brides) that can use swords and tomes.

1. Default Male Robin
2. Default Female Robin
5. Dreadfighter Robin
6. Bride Robin
7. Dark Knight Male Robin
8. Dark Knight Female Robin
If we get this... Best lineup. But i doubt the black knight cause they be horseriders... Propably Dark Mage instead. Would be glorius.Teamcolours will only be shown by hair colour then... exactly what i want X)

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling that we're more likely to get a Female Dreadfighter than a Bride outfit due to time issues. I would love to see the reaction on people's faces when a character named "Robin" gets an alternate outfit entitled "Dark Knight."

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well... Robin IS very floaty. I don't think Robin can actually float, but she does seem to float around in the jumps.
Who knows, maybe Elwind has a customized variant that gives Robin some floating time.

Reynitsu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9310-5788
Oh boy, demo of the final build this weekend.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/event/smashbros_3ds_event2014/index.html

Hoping we get some Robin gameplay then. The Wario logo is present in the page background, so I guess Wario will be available for this demo despite not being officially revealed yet, so maybe Robin will be available for this one too.
HOLY dude ty for informing us about this. Can't wait to see how Robin plays out if there is gameplay on him. I hope there's a bit of Marth and Lucina in there too :3

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUTU4OZrjzY

@1:42.

You can make out Robin using a Back Air and going through ending lag. Either it finished just in time, or the landing lag for the move is nonexistent.

@0:57.

Robin's Nosferatu, in the bottom row. Those caught in it go through their grab release animation upon completion.
Upon closer inspection of Robin's move in the Shulk trailer, I think that may actually be a retreating Fair. Robin's legs are positioned like they were when he jumped out of Bowser's reach.

And that was a posture he has when he's doing no move at all. Levin Fair comes out FAST.
I'm thinking it's Up Aerial, actually. Forward Aerial (at least in Robin's trailer) appears to end its swing at the angle where this move hits Mario. This move also clearly continues past that point doing an arch over Robin's body. I could be wrong here, after all the footage in Robin's trailer very well could be cutting off the end of the move it shows, but call it a hunch. :p

As for the landing lag, there was 2 frames, which is 4 frames in real time, as Youtube videos run at 30FPS. 4 frames is normal landing lag. I think the move just finished before Robin landed. Certainly looks like it IMO.

Now about Nosferatu. This has me scared. Legit scared. Let us all pray that grab-release shenanigans aren't as gamebreaking as they were in Brawl. Because if so, this could mean terrifying followups. The worst case scenario being that Sakurai gives certain characters inexplicably longer release animation frames than most characters like in Brawl *coughpoorNesscough* which could lead to more Nosferatu. If that were to happen... I could see Robin having some HIGHLY advantageous matchups. But if the followups off of grab release are kept sensible or just plain non-existent then it should all be good.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I'm thinking it's Up Aerial, actually. Forward Aerial (at least in Robin's trailer) appears to end its swing at the angle where this move hits Mario. This move also clearly continues past that point doing an arch over Robin's body. I could be wrong here, after all the footage in Robin's trailer very well could be cutting off the end of the move it shows, but call it a hunch. :p

As for the landing lag, there was 2 frames, which is 4 frames in real time, as Youtube videos run at 30FPS. 4 frames is normal landing lag. I think the move just finished before Robin landed. Certainly looks like it IMO.

Now about Nosferatu. This has me scared. Legit scared. Let us all pray that grab-release shenanigans aren't as gamebreaking as they were in Brawl. Because if so, this could mean terrifying followups. The worst case scenario being that Sakurai gives certain characters inexplicably longer release animation frames than most characters like in Brawl *coughpoorNesscough* which could lead to more Nosferatu. If that were to happen... I could see Robin having some HIGHLY advantageous matchups. But if the followups off of grab release are kept sensible or just plain non-existent then it should all be good.
Actually Youtube seems to support 60 frame videos by now, although i have not found a way to check it (when the leak video came out someone said the vid was running at 60 FPS which doesn't fit brawl, and to make that assumption it must've been a 60 FPS video).

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Actually Youtube seems to support 60 frame videos by now, although i have not found a way to check it (when the leak video came out someone said the vid was running at 60 FPS which doesn't fit brawl, and to make that assumption it must've been a 60 FPS video).
It does? I record my GIFs in 30FPS and they match up perfectly with what I see on screen. Remember that GIF I made earlier in this thread of Robin charging his Thunder tome? I did that in 60FPS and it just looked... wrong.

Well I guess in that case, not all videos have that framerate. Either way, thanks for informing me.

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848

looks like a Nair to me

Top Bottom