• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So I got through the annoyance that was Ch.2 Lunatic mode now on to Ch.3. Which isn't as annoying.

Also speaking of pairings who goes well with Sumia that isn't Chrom or Henry?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh boy, demo of the final build this weekend.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/event/smashbros_3ds_event2014/index.html

Hoping we get some Robin gameplay then. The Wario logo is present in the page background, so I guess Wario will be available for this demo despite not being officially revealed yet, so maybe Robin will be available for this one too.
Oh my goodness! Perhaps they'll show Wario tomorrow? It wouldn't be too big of a stretch.

Thanks very much for informing!

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
The mainly upwards focussed arc makes me think Uair.
A Nair would probably something a bit more towards all directions, like a lot of Nairs are.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
After watching the video in slow motion when it gets to that part. I think that particular move is a Bair. The upwards arc is more of an illusion in the gif really but watching the that particular part in the video you can see it is more focused to the side and has a different animation from Fair.

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
My vote would be bair. It seems like the move's arc focuses mostly on hitting behind Robin, with a some extra arc on top and bottom. Plus at the end of the animation, Robin spins around which I don't think would happen for an Up-Air animation. It could be either one though. Whichever, we'll know in less than two weeks!

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Have you all discussed much about how, in his trailer, Robin tossed away one of his "empty" tomes like it was an item? How do you think that'll work? How many characters in Smash have both of their hands full at all times?
If he holds an actual item (like a Pokeball or something), I imagine he'd just swap out the item with his tomes depending on which he was using at the moment. I'd hope they didn't make it so he can't use specials while holding an item.
Do you think he'll toss a tome automatically once it's used up? Or that it'd sort of "become" an item once it's dry? Or maybe treated as an item... at all times?

All of this leads up to the one question that's constantly on my mind whenever I think about Robin: Do you think we'll be able to whip out these magical, element-bending tomes and just chuck them at people? Because that'd make me so happy.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Have you all discussed much about how, in his trailer, Robin tossed away one of his "empty" tomes like it was an item? How do you think that'll work? How many characters in Smash have both of their hands full at all times?
If he holds an actual item (like a Pokeball or something), I imagine he'd just swap out the item with his tomes depending on which he was using at the moment. I'd hope they didn't make it so he can't use specials while holding an item.
Do you think he'll toss a tome automatically once it's used up? Or that it'd sort of "become" an item once it's dry? Or maybe treated as an item... at all times?

All of this leads up to the one question that's constantly on my mind whenever I think about Robin: Do you think we'll be able to whip out these magical, element-bending tomes and just chuck them at people? Because that'd make me so happy.
Actually she'd grab the item with her sword hand since we've seen the sword simply latch on to her hip at points (I think).
I'd love to be able to throw the tomes at people. It'll be hilarious just whacking them with it as they try to recover and watching them fall.

Last edited:

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Oh right. Marth and Link don't put their swords away, so that just didn't occur to me... But it would make more sense, wouldn't it?
Except for... aerials. Hmm...

This game needs to just come out already.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
It finally came!

Up close a little pixelated but otherwise looks glorious

Reynitsu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9310-5788
So I got through the annoyance that was Ch.2 Lunatic mode now on to Ch.3. Which isn't as annoying.

Also speaking of pairings who goes well with Sumia that isn't Chrom or Henry?
Hmm that's hard to say. As a child, Cynthia has always been sub-par compared to the other children such as Severa and Morgan. There is also MU x Sumia, but that's a waste for Morgan imo.
It finally came!

Up close a little pixelated but otherwise looks glorious

Dude that looks awesome. Just know that Chrom will be starting at you when you are sleeping xD

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Hmm that's hard to say. As a child, Cynthia has always been sub-par compared to the other children such as Severa and Morgan. There is also MU x Sumia, but that's a waste for Morgan imo.
Really? My Henry!Cynthia x Donnel!Inigo team just freaking wrecked everything. The Chrom!Morgan x Gaius!Severa (I know, I wasted Gaius's potential with Cordelia, but it was my second time playing the game) team was just gravy

Dude that looks awesome. Just know that Chrom will be starting at you when you are sleeping xD
Thanks! It's actually next to my computer/Wii U in my apartment's front room. So I'll be playing Smash under it, praying to Lord Chrom I guess lol

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Cynthia is great! Sure, she's no Severa, Morgan, or Lucina, but she's probably at the top of the next tier of kids. However, that's with either Henry or Chrom as her dad. If you aren't using one of them, go with whoever doesn't screw up her stats. Which is basically "not Frederick", leaving... Gaius. He shouldn't be too bad a dad, other than passing on super orange hair to go with her shiny silver armor.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And here is M!Morgan.

I'll never understand why some people put the time and effort into making something like this.
<-----mfw when this image

UUUUUUUUUUH

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH

NO

WHY

WHYYYYYYYYY

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHY THE *swear* WOULD YOU DOOOOOOOOOOO THIS TO MEEEEEEEEEEEE INTERNET ARTISTS

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
<-----mfw when this image

UUUUUUUUUUH

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHY

WHYYYYYYYYY

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHY THE *swear* WOULD YOU DOOOOOOOOOOO THIS TO MEEEEEEEEEEEE INTERNET ARTISTS

But if we do the math, M!Morgan's son (and I guess brother) will be infinitely more powerful than any other potential character born from F!Robin's marriage! The same would be true for F!Morgan's daughter/sister. Think of how godly they would be in Lunatic+ mode, if you put them alone on a map with high-level enemies.

...Yeah, I wouldn't touch that pairing with a 50 meter pole.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
But if we do the math, M!Morgan's son (and I guess brother) will be infinitely more powerful than any other potential character born from F!Robin's marriage! The same would be true for F!Morgan's daughter/sister. Think of how godly they would be in Lunatic+ mode, if you put them alone on a map with high-level enemies.

...Yeah, I wouldn't touch that pairing with a 50 meter pole.
That's cool and all, but...

THOSE IMAGES AND THE ENTIRE CONCEPT OF THIS SCREAMS DISGUSTING AND WRONG

Wouldn't you agree dear sane people.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I just got here and saw the Morgan pics...
Good night(?) everyone, i'll see ya tomorrow!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Some overreacting going on in this thread lately. I don't mind the Morgan pictures at all. To each their own :)

Hong

The Strongest
It's a cute cartoon, gosh.

How can you be weirded out, now? The ritual of proposal and marriage is already an arcane, arbitrary and strange practice as it is. Being offered from one cartoon to another, in a world with time travel, magic, and parallel dimensions is only a fraction as weird as the stuff humans already do.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
How did we end up in an incest-discussion again? Last time I caused it but i suggested STEP-SISTER (Aversa), not father/daughter / mother/son. EURGH. Thats literally worse than siblings/half-siblings/cousins intermarrying.

Although, if what the christian and jewish churches say is true, the human society was created through incest. Either that or Adam and Eves sons/daughters doing it with apes... URGH.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I keep really liking this comparison... now if only we had a movie based on this concept.

(Also Morgans are too damn cute things)
How about a crossover where Chrom looks upon a screen of plot convenience so he watches everyone fight against all logic and possibilities :seuss:

(child Robin out-cutes both of them.)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I hope they announce when Robin's (and Lucina's) amiibos are going to be released soon.

Last edited:

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Amiibos confuse me. I don't see where some of them, like Robin or Lucina, will be used. Or what about Ness? When will there be an opportunity, besides smash, to use Ness?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
SMT X FE is coming out eventually. I'd imagine the Lucina Amiibo can be used to grant her some specific, unique attacks in the game, and the Robin Amiibo can be used to actually let you use Robin in the game immediately, who would otherwise be locked up with ludicrous requirements (like those GODDAMN FOUR RIDERS IN SMTIV) in favor of the main FE lords from all 13 games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In case you wanted some translated lyrics for Id~Purpose, here they are:
(BTW, I used Google Translator to find out want "vis o san" meant and it means "war o blood")

Reading the translated lyrics gave me some goosebumps. It perfectly represents Robin, it matches his character, captures Fire Emblem as a whole, and it gives the song more meaning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom