• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Yeah, I do now the difference. I guess I shouldn't lie.

I never said you only need to look at their tights. And how do you know I meant the tights on their legs and not their arms? :p

:p
So, is the reason why you like young link so much is because he's the Link without tights?:troll:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So, is the reason why you like young link so much is because he's the Link without tights?:troll:
No, because he is freaking adorable :happysheep:.
Also, I like his speed more.

(if any of you say why not pick up Toon Link, I will personally hunt you down and kill you)

Well that got creepy fast.
I know right. I always have to deal with this. It can be annoying.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
No, because he is freaking adorable :happysheep:.
Also, I like his speed more.
(if any of you say why not pick up Toon Link, I will personally hunt you down and kill you)

I know right. I always have to deal with this. It can be annoying.
Haha. Just teasing you, I apologize.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Been there, done that.
It's not that bad.
Ditto but, I mean, it depends on the kind of attention you draw.

You and me? We're fine. Young Link though...

Aight I'm done, no more of that.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well when you run around with no pants on, this kinda thing happens. :troll:
Well, it's not like he isn't wearing pants. Just he doesn't wear tights.

Been there, done that.
It's not that bad.
Ditto but, I mean, it depends on the kind of attention you draw.

I don't even know what to say.

You and me? We're fine. Young Link though...

Aight I'm done, no more of that.
:glare:.
weren't you guys only a few pages ago want pantless Marth and Link as DLC?

Haha. Just teasing you, I apologize.
Thank you. I think enough is enough
Thank you LIQUID.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
because Link is an adult and Young Link is like 7-
Actually he is about 8-9. But personally, I never found it weird Young Link isn't wearing tights (notice I said tights, not pants. Young Link wears pants, at least underpants)

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Actually he is about 8-9. But personally, I never found it weird Young Link isn't wearing tights (notice I said tights, not pants. Young Link wears pants, at least underpants)
Actually (at least in OoT and MM), the models of Young Link's legs are cut off right at the middle of the thigh. This is visible during some ladder climbing when the camera angle goes strange. Nevertheless, the continued model of his tunic gives a very good and convincing impression that he is wearing modesty shorts of some sort.

Also, here was my reaction to the Pantless Marth:

MARTH...
MUST...
HAVE...
PANTS...

I COMMAND IT...
Lastly, stop harassing @ The Merc The Merc about liking Young Link. As someone who has taken WAAAAY too much **** in regards to my heterosexuality on occasion, even jokingly, it gets me upset, and I can sympathize. People have read things the wrong way and immediately have to challenge my heterosexuality. This tends to piss me off. Obviously, UH likes Young Link. Those reasons are his.

Stop ****ing harassing him about it and stop ****ing reading into it so much, and stop always reading **** in the most XXX-rated formats as possible. Especially if it gets someone upset.

I'm a male, a straight, heterosexual male and I have a male character as my avatar. Is there a problem/issue with that? Do we have to start whipping up slash yaoi fics over it? Obviously we ****ing do, when in truth, we really have zero reason to.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
puppies
Mewtwo has been pretty fun to mess around despite being ridiculously light, thanks again for the code...Opossum? Sonic Storm? Tome guy? Raziek of course
Might be my favorite Poke in Smash 4.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Actually (at least in OoT and MM), the models of Young Link's legs are cut off right at the middle of the thigh. This is visible during some ladder climbing when the camera angle goes strange. Nevertheless, the continued model of his tunic gives a very good and convincing impression that he is wearing modesty shorts of some sort.
Not only Young Link. Adult Link (in OoT and MM 64) has his legs cut of near the brim of his tunic. And you are right, in OoT 3D and (particularly) MM 3D and Hyrule Warriors, Young Link is shown to be wearing some form of shorts.

Also, here was my reaction to the Pantless Marth:

Lastly, stop harassing @ The Merc The Merc about liking Young Link. As someone who has taken WAAAAY too much **** in regards to my heterosexuality on occasion, even jokingly, it gets me upset, and I can sympathize. People have read things the wrong way and immediately have to challenge my heterosexuality. This tends to piss me off. Obviously, UH likes Young Link. Those reasons are his.

Stop ****ing harassing him about it and stop ****ing reading into it so much, and stop always reading **** in the most XXX-rated formats as possible. Especially if it gets someone upset.

I'm a male, a straight, heterosexual male and I have a male character as my avatar. Is there a problem/issue with that? Do we have to start whipping up slash yaoi fics over it? Obviously we ****ing do, when in truth, we really have zero reason to.

Chapter, it's okay. I think these guys are just joking (hopefully). It's not worth it. Anyway, as I have said, I don't like Young Link for some sexually reason. I like him because he is adorable and likely. I just don't really know why, I just think he is the best.

Though thanks for having my back Chapter Serf :)

What the hell did I walk in on?
I mention Young Link somewhere along the road and they all started saying how weird it is he doesn't wear tights. I think this was my fault, I think :/.

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
... where's Raziek when you need him. I believe this is the result of pent up frustration from a sever lack of what that will not be named. Hopefully that's a lie. Now let's change the topic. Please.
Anyways... Team Nohr = Best team?

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
... where's Raziek when you need him. I believe this is the result of pent up frustration from a sever lack of what that will not be named. Hopefully that's a lie. Now let's change the topic. Please.
No comment. Read into that as you will. People seem to do it no matter what, though why, I don't want to know.

That's hot. Poor FemKamui?

Edit: Does she (FemKamui) really have such assets? Or is this just Deviant Art being Deviant Art?

Placing money on the latter. (Deviant art being deviant art)
I know the one chick (the one on the far left) has... Ample assets... (Which, for Nintendo is probably the biggest ever (And hopefully the limit)) but I didn't think the Avatar did.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh the horror!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
:sadsheep:

Jokes, brah. It's all jokes.

Chapter, it's okay. I think these guys are just joking (hopefully).
Precisely, yes. Thank you for having such a cool head about -

Plus there not really worth it.
Oh now that's just harsh.:sadsheep:

In all fairness your reasons for liking Young Link are fine by me. I still can't say I'd be glad to see him return in current form - I'm sorry, I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I truly do feel Toon Link fills the semi-clone slot better than Young Link did for variety and representation's sakes - but if they could expand his moveset and tools, maybe give him a little more of a Majora's Mask feel like they did in Hyrule Warriors, I wouldn't mind having him back.

At any rate, as previously noted, joking concluded. I'll keep it down.

... where's Raziek when you need him. I believe this is the result of pent up frustration from a sever lack of what that will not be named. Hopefully that's a lie.
Now, now. I have no such lack.

I do like that pic though.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Precisely, yes. Thank you for having such a cool head about -

Oh now that's just harsh.:sadsheep:
I only said that because it is the internet. None is worth it on the internet.

In all fairness your reasons for liking Young Link are fine by me. I still can't say I'd be glad to see him return in current form - I'm sorry, I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I truly do feel Toon Link fills the semi-clone slot better than Young Link did for variety and representation's sakes - but if they could expand his moveset and tools, maybe give him a little more of a Majora's Mask feel like they did in Hyrule Warriors, I wouldn't mind having him back.
Thanks man. I can understand you worry about Young Link return and I too wish for him to come back more along the lines of his MM or HW for rather than Melee but if that is the only choice, that is fine by me. I just want Young Link to return.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I think on the internet, people tend to forget that there's actually another person on the other side of that account. Or character. Or that that voice on the VOIP is actually a person.

Hence the reason there can be so many assholes on the internet.

If people remembered that there's actually another person sitting at a computer, a living, breathing human being, the internet would be a much better place.

I do the best I can, but as is sometimes obvious, I don't succeed.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hurts a bit to have it applied to myself, but this is nevertheless the right attitude to take. I concede the point.
oh. Well I am really sorry if I did hurt your feels. I just meant that it was not worth getting angry over it,

I think on the internet, people tend to forget that there's actually another person on the other side of that account. Or character. Or that that voice on the VOIP is actually a person.

Hence the reason there can be so many *******s on the internet.

If people remembered that there's actually another person sitting at a computer, a living, breathing human being, the internet would be a much better place.

I do the best I can, but as is sometimes obvious, I don't succeed.
You're right. I complete forgot this statement when I posted my comment. I should have never said it. Again, I am sorry @ redfeatherraven redfeatherraven .

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I wasn't trying to call you or anyone out with that post....

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
oh. Well I am really sorry if I did hurt your feels. I just meant that it was not worth getting angry over it,
Nah man, don't sweat it. We're still homies.

Frankly, I think you have the right attitude. I'm kinda impressed.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Team Nohr has won the opinion polls, hands down. :p

:231:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
As did I. People shouldn't lie but alas, sometimes things aren't that simply.
I guess you are right. I probable should have said 'look at their sleeves'. Then again, you could just look near the boots to see if they are wearing tights.

Well, for one thing, Young Link could use his Two Handed Kokiri Sword from Hyrule Warriors. Do you want to hear the rest of the idea? :)
I completely agree that there is a LOT of potential that Young Link could have.
But Toon Link had the same potential. And he's still the same as his less cartoony incarnation. So I wouldn't bet money on it happening.
Though one can dream...

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Most people don't like 3 Links although it has potential to be more unique than the Mario-Luigi-Doc trio or the soon to be Marth-Lucina-Roy trio.

Is is because they have the same name? Or their clothes are similar?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Most people don't like 3 Links although it has potential to be more unique than the Mario-Luigi-Doc trio or the soon to be Marth-Lucina-Roy trio.

Is is because they have the same name? Or their clothes are similar?

Having potential =/= that potential being utilized. Especially since Young Link was already playable. If Young Link is brought back, like other veterans, he'd be almost exactly the same, no real changes. Toon Link has the exact same potential, and Ganondorf has far more potential that what he's got. Where has that potential been utilized?

It doesn't matter what potential is there. Its NOT going to happen. Plus, the trios you have are at least separate characters (except Mario and Doc, but Luigi is separate and way different from Mario/Doc, no way that'll happen with three Links; three Links would probably be WORSE).

The fact of the matter is, no matter what version of Link you're using, Link is still Link. YES they are different Link's. But the core concept is the same no matter which version of Link it is. And as we've seen with characters similar to one another, like Dr. Mario and Young/Toon Link, if they are mostly the same in concept, they'll do roughly the same thing. They were created because they could be easy clones. And Roy is coming back... probably only because he's only an easy clone.

This argument has been made before. However, the potential has existed right from the start. Sakurai won't use it because he doesn't see the need to. We'd probably get Ganon before Young Link.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think I'll get back into BlazBlue.

Anybody here have Continuum Shift and fancy sparring with me?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Having potential =/= that potential being utilized. Especially since Young Link was already playable. If Young Link is brought back, like other veterans, he'd be almost exactly the same, no real changes. Toon Link has the exact same potential, and Ganondorf has far more potential that what he's got. Where has that potential been utilized?

It doesn't matter what potential is there. Its NOT going to happen. Plus, the trios you have are at least separate characters (except Mario and Doc, but Luigi is separate and way different from Mario/Doc, no way that'll happen with three Links; three Links would probably be WORSE).

The fact of the matter is, no matter what version of Link you're using, Link is still Link. YES they are different Link's. But the core concept is the same no matter which version of Link it is. And as we've seen with characters similar to one another, like Dr. Mario and Young/Toon Link, if they are mostly the same in concept, they'll do roughly the same thing. They were created because they could be easy clones. And Roy is coming back... probably only because he's only an easy clone.

This argument has been made before. However, the potential has existed right from the start. Sakurai won't use it because he doesn't see the need to. We'd probably get Ganon before Young Link.
I would have understood the scepticism before Hyrule Warriors, but I think Young Link's implementation in that game should at least give people a little more hope. I suppose it all rests on how Roy turns out.

Top Bottom