• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I would love for a Final Fantasy rep in smash, but one from a game that was actually on Nintendo's console. I think Kain Highwind from Final Fantasy IV would be a great addition as a fighter and a throwback to the SNES era. I know Issac and Golden Sun has a dedicated fanbase, but Final Fantasy is a huge series, and had it's start on Nintendo. Instead of Lightning, or Noctis, or Cloud or whoever, make a Final Fantasy rep in smash one of the Nintendo FF characters, and from a game in the series that's loved. I vote Kain.
Kain's cool and all, but...

I think we're forgetting about another iconic (and awesome) throwback to the Nintendo-era Final Fantasy games.

Last edited:

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35
I'd be totally okay with a Black Mage. He can have Fire/Fira/Firaga and join Robin and Ness among ranks of characters with annoying fire attacks :p

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm a-ok with Roy coming back.

You know what would be funny? Roy comes back with his Melee kit.

Aka Melee Marth kit.

Aka the kit where double Fair and Double Nair out of a short hop was a thing.

You want Marth back to former glory where he invalidated 80% of the cast? There you go, he just has red hair now.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I'm a-ok with Roy coming back.

You know what would be funny? Roy comes back with his Melee kit.

Aka Melee Marth kit.

Aka the kit where double Fair and Double Nair out of a short hop was a thing.

You want Marth back to former glory where he invalidated 80% of the cast? There you go, he just has red hair now.
So a strictly inferior Marth, by virtue of not being changed at all, becomes a strictly better Marth now? Sounds legit.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
But would he had down tilt that pop you for combos though? Also would they strengthen his sweetspots and sourspots so that he doesn't get punish on hit for most things? Also would they make his bair and f tilt not garbage?

Melee Roy player issues

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I would also like Snake back; next to Ike, he was my favorite newcomer, and I'd like to have that duo again. :c Plus, he's the only veteran I want to return, next to Wolf of course.

The two new characters I truly want are Lloyd Irving and Neku, though.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I would also like Snake back; next to Ike, he was my favorite newcomer, and I'd like to have that duo again. :c Plus, he's the only veteran I want to return, next to Wolf of course.

I absolutely adore Symphonia as my favorite game of all time but I knew Lloyd was a pipe dream the moment I remembered he is from the same company as Pac-man.:cry:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I'd love Snake back, even though I don't see it happening. He was just such a unique character in SSB. We haven't had anyone with the same aura to him before or since.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm iffy on Snake getting back. I think he's the most likely third-party now that apparently Ryu is getting in the game, but I still find him questionable.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well I guess they thought being a smart*ss is kind of "edgy" in a way. I think Shadow might also say H-E double hockey sticks but I don't remember for sure.
At the time, his radical attitude was being compared to the relatively wholesome and straight-edged Mario.

You could basically say the same thing now, it's just that Sonic's attitude has been met and exceeded so many times since that it's no longer a distinguishing factor for him personally.
Hm. I guess that makes sense.

Three Links

The only veteran I really want back is Wolf.
What about three Links? there are three Marios,

:4mario::4drmario::4wario2:

:p

Anyway, I never like that reason. It just so meaningless to me. More of an excuse really. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Wolf or Snake come back.

Also, I can't see that image.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
finally decided to go back to Yomi....and proceeded to get spanked I remembered why I mostly play Smash

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
What about three Links? there are three Marios,

:4mario::4drmario::4wario2:

Anyway, I never like that reason. It just so meaningless to me. More of an excuse really. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Wolf or Snake come back.
At least they don't look all the same.:troll:
Honeslty, most of the time I can't even distinguish between Young Link and Link.

I'd love these characters in Smash, but not only Namco already has Pac-man, "Tales of" isn't a terribly popular game. Also, chances that, even if they decide to add a tales of character, this character would be from one of most recently titles, which would be from Zestiria or Xillia, at most.
TWEWY is kinda unknown, too, and it only has one game to boot. Also, if Square ever decides to add a character in Smash, big chances it would be from Final Fantasy and maybe Bravely Default, and even so I doubt Kain would have a chance himself.
I think Cloud, Lightning or this new protagonist would have better chances.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978

Which path will you choose? The Nii-sama path or the Onii-chan path? YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE ONE LITTLE SISTER!!! :drflip:
I wrote a poem for this dilemma

Black and White

Once I was born
on the Hoshido side
little did I know
that my life will be a ride

My life took a turn
when Nohr came
to rule and to burn
that was their aim

Nohr took me in
Because I am a dragon
Using me as a weapon
Nohr wanted to win

After spending time with Nohr
those thoughts became not true
I know they are more
They love me no matter who

Camilla as caring as a mother
Marx as trusting as a brother
A girl who loves me like my sister
Though Garon seems a little sinister

They showed me kindness
Our bond transcends blood
Now everything is odd
To call a side righteous

I am dear to their heart
that I don't want to break
yet what is at stake
is a war to start

A war against a family
who love me still
they accept me happily
they have no ill will

Yet I must choose
who I kill and side
the tragedy wants me abused
no matter with who I ride

But I will strangle fate
with my own hand
it's not too late
to make this everyones land

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Which path will you choose? The Nii-sama path or the Onii-chan path? YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE ONE LITTLE SISTER!!! :drflip:
I really don't mind.

Provided I get what I should from a FE game, I don't care what side I choose.

It's like picking a Pokemon version.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Nice try, Syrek! It's gonna take a lot more than these two imoutos to make me choose a side!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Honeslty, most of the time I can't even distinguish between Young Link and Link.
Really? Can never tell if Wario is his own character or just yellow Mario. Just like how Luigi is green Mario :troll:

Oh, maybe I can help with that.

Young Link: 9 year old elf child with no tights

Link: 19 year old elf teen with tights

Simple :p

I wrote a poem for this dilemma

Black and White

Once I was born
on the Hoshido side
little did I know
that my life will be a ride

My life took a turn
when Nohr came
to rule and to burn
that was their aim

Nohr took me in
Because I am a dragon
Using me as a weapon
Nohr wanted to win

After spending time with Nohr
those thoughts became not true
I know they are more
They love me no matter who

Camilla as caring as a mother
Marx as trusting as a brother
A girl who loves me like my sister
Though Garon seems a little sinister

They showed me kindness
Our bond transcends blood
Now everything is odd
To call a side righteous

I am dear to their heart
that I don't want to break
yet what is at stake
is a war to start

A war against a family
who love me still
they accept me happily
they have no ill will

Yet I must choose
who I kill and side
the tragedy wants me abused
no matter with who I ride

But I will strangle fate
with my own hand
it's not too late
to make this everyones land

That was beautiful man
:crying:

No, you can't do this to me.......

*sigh*

Forgive Onii-chan......

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Please.

You picked your side already with THE EVIL MISTER Garon. :seuss:
Don't you mean I'd already sided with the beloved St. Garon?

Also, Aqua is evil. I'm just putting that out there. Don't believe her lies.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
That...would not be very good at all, IMO.

I would hate it if Lightning were to be given a slot in the roster over much more deserving characters, especially considering that Noctis is now at the center of attention as far as new FF protagonists go. But I very much doubt that they'll ever be playable, so it's not a big concern of mine.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP

I'd love these characters in Smash, but not only Namco already has Pac-man, "Tales of" isn't a terribly popular game. Also, chances that, even if they decide to add a tales of character, this character would be from one of most recently titles, which would be from Zestiria or Xillia, at most.
TWEWY is kinda unknown, too, and it only has one game to boot. Also, if Square ever decides to add a character in Smash, big chances it would be from Final Fantasy and maybe Bravely Default, and even so I doubt Kain would have a chance himself.
But none of those characters or games (except BD) have any real connection with Nintendo. In the case of Lloyd at least, he's the hero of Tale's most successful entry that originated on the GC, which is one of the few acclaimed JRPGs to actually be on that console, and consistently places top 10 in the official Tales popularity polls despite how old his game is.

Again, not saying he will get in but he probably has a very slightly better chance than Sorey, Milla, Jude, Ludger, Cloud, Lightning, or Noctis.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hoshido propaganda. Why would you call someone who adopts orphan children evil?
Because he adopts children to make them his slaves in his quest for power.

Nohr is denominated "The Glory Seeking" for a reason. What better way to do so than train children where nobody can see? :cheep:

Elezir

Really? Can never tell if Wario is his own character or just yellow Mario. Just like how Luigi is green Mario :troll:

Oh, maybe I can help with that.

Young Link: 9 year old elf child with no tights

Link: 19 year old elf teen with tights

Simple :p
Of course you know, dear. Don't try to lie to me:roll:
At least they are color coded for your convinience.

So, to distinguish between :linkmelee: and :younglinkmelee: I need to look at their tights?
You know something is wrong when you need to do that.:troll:

That...would not be very good at all, IMO.

I would hate it if Lightning were to be given a slot in the roster over much more deserving characters, especially considering that Noctis is now at the center of attention as far as new FF protagonists go. But I very much doubt that they'll ever be playable, so it's not a big concern of mine.
Yup, unfortunately, I can't think of any other protagonist that could be as popular as them inside Final Fantasy...well, Yuna maybe? She never looked like a particulary popular character to me, though. If we talk about antagonists, though, I think of Sephiroth.
Cloud should be pretty obvious by now.
Noctis because he's the new protagonist.
Lightning because she has becomes a rather popular character in the series as well, albeit not much as Cloud.
I'd say much of her popularity has come from the fact that she has 3 freaking games, though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I think Tales is the next most popular Namco franchise associated with Nintendo really. And it is decently popular (in the case of Tekken, yeah, Street Fighter's not really THAT associated with Nintendo, but Tekken doesn't really have anything of substance at all on Nintendo consoles).

That said, no, they wouldn't include characters from Xillia or Zestiria because they're not on Nintendo. The character has to have been on Nintendo, even the Tales developers working on the game said as such. Yeah, they could use the excuse of Yuri being in Project X Zone or other spinoffs that appear on Nintendo but I don't think they'd count it since its a spinoff and his game originally did not launch on Nintendo at all. They'd have to go with Phantasia, Graces, or Symphonia for the most part as those are the only real flagship titles on Nintendo consoles (numerous spinoffs appear on Nintendo as well, though).

The same goes for Final Fantasy, as well. The FF characters themselves would have to have had an appearance on Nintendo consoles, probably the main game they originated in and not spinoff games they cameoed in. So that'd mostly restrict it to characters on handhelds or pre-VII. Of course, they'd also go with a main character from a specific game and not a side character.

Regardless, considering the status of the existing third-parties... I don't think they'd go with a character from a long-running franchise who is merely the main character of one game and not a recurring iconic character. Square Enix really doesn't have a standout character that could fit that kind of role.

But none of those characters or games (except BD) have any real connection with Nintendo. In the case of Lloyd at least, he's the hero of Tale's most successful entry that originated on the GC, which is one of the few acclaimed JRPGs to actually be on that console, and consistently places top 10 in the official Tales popularity polls despite how old his game is.

Again, not saying he will get in but he probably has a very slightly better chance than Sorey, Milla, Jude, Ludger, Cloud, Lightning, or Noctis.
Its more than "slightly." If the character did not play a major role in a Nintendo game, odds are the chances are zero-to-nil the character would not be playable in Smash, period. Its debatable if a cameo appearance in a side game counts. Lloyd doesn't merely have a "slightly" better chance, he's got a significantly better chance, and is the most iconic character associated with Nintendo consoles due to the massive success of Symphonia.

That said, the odds are still slim he'd be considered. Frankly I don't think we'll get a third-party character from a franchise where the main characters aren't major characters recurring throughout the series. Yes, that happens for NINTENDO franchises, but third-parties are the question here, and to date we haven't had that happen.

If we WERE to get ONE FF character, my bets would be on a VI character, though, as its closely tied with VII for being the most popular games in the franchise; there's a huge debate on which is better. (No I definitely don't think they'd go with Black Mage, either.)

Last edited:

Elezir

Let me help you with that:

View attachment 48509

NOW he looks like Garon. Evil. :cheep:
This is hard evidence that St. Garon isn't only a good guy, but that he's a earth bending badass good guy, too.:troll:

Edit: I just noticed it now that, maybe, Liquid haven't seen Avatar and doesn't know who this guy is, since he's claiming he is evil.
Just shows you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.:cheep:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Of course you know, dear. Don't try to lie to me:roll:
At least they are color coded for your convinience.

So, to distinguish between :linkmelee: and :younglinkmelee: I need to look at their tights?
You know something is wrong when you need to do that.:troll:
Yeah, I do now the difference. I guess I shouldn't lie.

I never said you only need to look at their tights. And how do you know I meant the tights on their legs and not their arms? :p

Any one else see a resemblance here? :happysheep:
Let me help you with that:

View attachment 48509

NOW he looks like Garon. Evil. :cheep:
The Fire Nation should think twice about invading Nohr.
Quick! Someone call for the Avatar!

Weeman

Smash Crusader

I never said you only need to look at their tights. And how do you know I meant the tights on their legs and not their arms? :p

Quick! Someone call for the Avatar!
WHERE IS THE ARROW ON HIS HEAD?!!!
YOU HAD ONE JOB!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Edit: I just noticed it now that, maybe, Liquid haven't seen Avatar and doesn't know who this guy is, since he's claiming he is evil.
Just shows you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.:cheep:
I admit I've never seen The Last Airbender.

Looked like Doctah Wahwee crazy enough to be evil in my book.

Elezir

I meant it in either way.
You specifically said "with" or "without" tights.:troll:

Either way, do tell me in which way Young Link could play differently than the two Links we already have?:roll:

I admit I've never seen The Last Airbender.

Looked like Doctah Wahwee crazy enough to be evil in my book.
Bumi is a bit eccentric , but definitely not "evil".
What? Now every "good" character needs to look beautiful?:troll:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I meant it in either way.
You specifically said "with" or "without" tights.:troll:

Either way, do tell me in which way Young Link could play differently than the two Links we already have?:roll:
As did I. People shouldn't lie but alas, sometimes things aren't that simply.
I guess you are right. I probable should have said 'look at their sleeves'. Then again, you could just look near the boots to see if they are wearing tights.

Well, for one thing, Young Link could use his Two Handed Kokiri Sword from Hyrule Warriors. Do you want to hear the rest of the idea? :)

Top Bottom