• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

About Gematsu, don't forget Rosalina & Luma.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
About Gematsu, don't forget Rosalina & Luma.
That's why I assume the source doesn't know all the characters, if the leak is true (which seems very likely at the moment).
Whoever it is is either not fully in the picture or holds back info for some reason or another.
Maybe somebody in marketing or a translator for the trailers/videos.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
That's why I assume the source doesn't know all the characters, if the leak is true (which seems very likely at the moment).
Whoever it is is either not fully in the picture or holds back info for some reason or another.
Maybe somebody in marketing or a translator for the trailers/videos.
You know what would be creepy and hilarious? If the tipster only knew of Wiifit trainer; and guessed the others based on the recent smash trailer he/she may have got their hands on earlier. That would be an astounding play of coincidence

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Uh... Well, there's a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run. While not absolute proof, that would strongly suggest the presence of a Rhythm Heaven character.

So, the leak is looking kind of real now...
Damn. :ohwell:

I didn't like the idea of three blue-haired swordsmen representing the rich history of Fire Emblem, but I dislike the possibility of Chorus Kids even less.

I will still hold on to some slimmer of hope for Robin's chances, but for now I don't think they're playable. This really sucks.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
dunno about chorus men, i really don't like the visual design of them and would have preferred a more interesting rhythm heaven character but the potential to do an extremely very fun moveset and gimmick with rhythm heaven is quite real.

sadly while Sal leak isn't supposed to be all the newcomers, if Chrom is in then robin chances considerable fall, do you really envision fire emblem with 4 reps? if we got a release of a new FE with the same popularity of awekening maybe, but right now ... hard :c

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
R.I.P. Robin. Damn it man. This E3 has killed any doubts I had about the Gematsu leak. Rhythm enemies in Smash Run, and he called updated his leak to call Miis "Mii Fighter" before the digital event. I doubt Robin gets in, even as DLC now. God dang it Sakurai. Robin was the embodiment of everything FE represents. Marth and Ike already repped what Robin didn't. Well at least if Chrom gets in he will likely be able to class change. I swear if he only uses his sword I am gonna snap lol. Those who do not play FE games but play smash will never get a sense of understanding some of its other themes thanks to adding another lord with a sword. Oh well. I gotta accept this now so I can get over it before the game comes out.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Well, you're also being a negative nancy here ;)
Though that might be in your own interest if you would be otherwise crushed if Robin doesn't still somehow make it out...
Wouldn't be the first time he/she pulled that, though :D

Last edited:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Well, you're also being a negative nancy here ;)
Though that might be in your own interest if you would be otherwise crushed if Robin doesn't still somehow make it out...
I will personally be cruhed but I will get over it just like I got over Wonder Red not being in. They were my top two so it is only natural. If you guys still have hope he is i then more power to you. My will has already been broken lol. Doesn't effect my overall views about the game though.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
And with Palutena and Pac-Man getting confirmed...we're officially in the Top 5 now. o_O

But on a more important note:
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but ID Purpose officially plays on Arena Ferox.
This might be really big news. Melee was the last game to have two themes for some stages, and if you remember, nearly all of them had to do with a secret character. Hyrule Temple had a medley of Together We Ride and Fire Emblem's main theme for Marth and Roy. Great Bay had the Lost Woods theme for Young Link. The two Mushroom Kingdom stages had the Fever theme for Dr. Mario. Pokemon Stadium's Gen II medley was used for Pichu.

And now Arena Ferox's second theme is Id (Purpose). Not Eternal Bond. Not Divine Decree. Id (Purpose).

It might not mean anything...or it might be an early tell. It depends on if they're picking music for reasons similar to Melee. Either way, I know what stage I'm counterpicking if I ever get in the grand finals of an important tournament. XD

Y'know, I've done some thinking...
If we assume the Sal leak is true (which is pretty likely so far), I don't think Robin's inclusion as an unlockable character is entirely unlikely..
Here's a Roster I made up out of (Blue): Announced returners, (Green): Newcomers and unannounced leak characters and (Red): Unannounced characters.
With the leaked ones, there are 36 currently known characters, less than Brawl. I highly doubt we will get less characters this time around. Brawl had (IIRC) 12 characters that wheren't known prior to release, so I'll assume the number will be roughly the same. The roster I assume shows 51 characters (53 if you count all Mii types). However, I'm really not sure about the return of ROB, Snake, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo but I included them anyways.

What do you think? Too much speculation on my part since I also included Ridley and Isaac?
Point I wanted to make is: There's still plenty room for a fourth FE rep, even if Chrom is in and other fan favorites as well as most Brawl vets make it. The assumption that we won't get a fourth FE character because... BECAUSE seems odd to me.
If the roster size really is 51 like people are speculating...then yeah, I stand by the idea of Robin and Chrom both making it in. Not even all the characters you have listed may make it, even. Snake is unlikely, since--if I remember right--his Japanese VA passed away last year, and Hideo Kojima wanted to "retire" the character out of respect. It's why Big Boss is the main character of MGS5. Wolf may not make it, considering how he was a half-clone of a character who already had a different half-clone, for a series that just got another game announced for the first time in eight years. Since we know they decided on the roster early on, before this new Star Fox started development, Wolf could've felt...vestigial. Jigglypuff has fallen out of popularity, and may also have felt vestigial when there's already two mons from Gen 1 confirmed and five other generations of Pokemon to tap from. (That said, with Lucario still in, I'd be okay with Mewtwo returning provided he gets some new moves from more recent gens. Psystrike as his Neutral B?) R.O.B. might've been a one-off, but the Ice Climbers might still be back. Ridley's a case of extremes; that glimpse of him in the Pyrosphere means he's either a boss hazard or playable due to Sakurai being a massive troll, with nothing in between. Isaac is in limbo; he was an AT in Brawl, but so was Little Mac.

What that wall of text means is, a cast of 51 gives Robin a solid chance still, and even an outside shot in a cast of 47 (since some people are questioning whether the 3DS version's select screen as shown in the demo could fit 51).

Besides...didn't we learn last year not to put any stock in this "destiny" hogwash?

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
And with Palutena and Pac-Man getting confirmed...we're officially in the Top 5 now. o_O

But on a more important note:

This might be really big news. Melee was the last game to have two themes for some stages, and if you remember, nearly all of them had to do with a secret character. Hyrule Temple had a medley of Together We Ride and Fire Emblem's main theme for Marth and Roy. Great Bay had the Lost Woods theme for Young Link. The two Mushroom Kingdom stages had the Fever theme for Dr. Mario. Pokemon Stadium's Gen II medley was used for Pichu.

And now Arena Ferox's second theme is Id (Purpose). Not Eternal Bond. Not Divine Decree. Id (Purpose).

It might not mean anything...or it might be an early tell. It depends on if they're picking music for reasons similar to Melee. Either way, I know what stage I'm counterpicking if I ever get in the grand finals of an important tournament. XD

If the roster size really is 51 like people are speculating...then yeah, I stand by the idea of Robin and Chrom both making it in. Not even all the characters you have listen may make it, even. Snake is unlikely, since--if I remember right--his Japanese VA passed away last year, and Hideo Kojima wanted to "retire" the character out of respect. It's why Big Boss is the main character of MGS5. Wolf may not make it, considering how he was a half-clone of a character who already had a different half-clone, for a series that just got another game announced for the first time in eight years. Since we know they decided on the roster early on, before this new Star Fox started development, Wolf could've felt...vestigial. Jigglypuff has fallen out of popularity, and may also have felt vestigial when there's already two mons from Gen 1 confirmed and five other generations of Pokemon to tap from. (That said, with Lucario still in, I'd be okay with Mewtwo returning provided he gets some new moves from more recent gens. Psystrike as his Neutral B?) R.O.B. might've been a one-off, but the Ice Climbers might still be back. Ridley's a case of extremes; that glimpse of him in the Pyrosphere means he's either a boss hazard or playable due to Sakurai being a massive troll, with nothing in between. Isaac is in limbo; he as an AT in Brawl, but so was Little Mac.

What that wall of text means is, a cast of 51 gives Robin a solid chance still, and even an outside shot in a cast of 47 (since some people are questioning whether the 3DS version's select screen as shown in the demo could fit 51).

Besides, didn't we learn last year not to put any stock in this "destiny" hogwash?
I'm glad people are getting a hold of them selves, and thinking clearly. ROBIN IS NOT DEAD YET. Let's not bury him alive okay guys?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Imagine this leak is real with 6 dlcs newcomers ; Roy, Chrom, Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur, ChorusMen.

#TheDream
Roy wouldn't be a newcomer.

EDIT: I don't want to get my hopes up again for Robin over Chrom and have it quashed. If Robin is in, I'll be ecstatic. If not, then I won't feel too down for expecting Chrom and getting Chrom.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Robin OVER Chrom is veeeery unlikely at this stage. But I really don't see any reason not to have both. FE has a huge cast of usable characters for Smash and Robin would be a good way to celebrate a big part of those that wouldn't have made it in otherwise.

Even after the 3DS version will be released I'll still hope he'll be DLC in that and come for free in the WiiU version. And even then I'll let the faintest embers glimmer until Nintendo says "we're done with Smash DLC."

Actually, a Fire Emblem DLC character being the first one would make sense. Awakening was the first time Nintendo themselves made DLC after all and even quite successfully IIRC. But that's grasping at weird straws again. I'll get back to that when I have to and there isn't still a possibility for Robin to be a secret or to the source unknown character.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Found someone taking more shots at the leak and it boosts my hopes in Robin
http://challengerapproaching.tumblr...age-and-a-request-regarding-the-gematsu-leaks
There are inconsistencies in Gematsu, and its possible the character reps aren't correct. We know that Id~Purpose is in Arena Ferox, it could hint at Robin. We can pretty much guarantee we have Shulk, an Awakening rep, and a Rhythm Heaven rep, but which ones of the latter two are up for debate. Mostlikely Chrom and Chorus Men/Marshal, but it all depends, and the guy might've gotten the identity of the Awakening/Rhythm Heaven rep wrong.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Found someone taking more shots at the leak and it boosts my hopes in Robin
http://challengerapproaching.tumblr...age-and-a-request-regarding-the-gematsu-leaks
Well, in regards to the leak, I'd say that it looks like it's more than likely real at this point. Mostly due to the presence of a Rhythm Heaven enemy in the game. However, I won't claim the leak to be absolutely true. There are still a number of odd things about the leak that make it somewhat suspect, and there is the small possibility that a Rhythm Heaven enemy was added in without a character to go with it.

Robin may be very unlikely at this point, but there is a bit of hope left. My advice would be to expect the worst, but hope for the best.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Is this thread even about Robin anymore? Aren't there five other Temples of the Gematsu Occult in which to pay worship?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Is this thread even about Robin anymore? Aren't there five other Temples of the Gematsu Occult in which to pay worship?
Well i guess after the E3 our optimism went down significantly, since Chrom seems more and more close, but yeah this isn't the place to talk about that. As for Robin i'm going to still rooting for him until the end.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
It is, but as hope dwindles people cling to the remains of this broken pile of hope, waiting to see the light again.

Hong

The Strongest
This is the Temple of Grima. All Gematsu worshippers will be branded as heretics and executed.

My views on Robin have gone entirely unchanged from the start, aside from the fact I know I at least have a character to play now regardless.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
This is the Temple of Grima. All Gematsu worshippers will be branded as heretics and executed.

My views on Robin have gone entirely unchanged from the start, aside from the fact I know I at least have a character to play now regardless.
You mean the spoon handed maniac?:awesome:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My views on Robin haven't changed, I still think Robin would be a far, far better pick than Chrom, and I'm hoping that the leak heard the wrong thing and got the wrong character. Especially since, for whatever reason, Id~Purpose is being used instead of something that should in theory be more attributed to Chrom than Robin.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Speaking of Shadow Dragons, does anybody else here thinks that the Fire Emblem Coliseum stage looks a little bland? i mean considering how big it is i'm surprised i doesn't have a boss, and those plattforms don't really add much in my opinion.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Speaking of Shadow Dragons, does anybody else here thinks that the Fire Emblem Coliseum stage look a little bland? i mean considering how big it is i'm surprised i doesn't have a boss, and those plattforms don't really add much in my opinion.
I think it may be a little bland in terms of how it functions.

But it looks great, I think.

Hong

The Strongest
I think it looks boring and functions boring. Couldn't ask for anything less if I tried, Well, at least the stage shifts, so i suppose it could be worse.

Will make for a great FD, though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Coliseum looks cool, but there's hardly anything to it. Honestly, I can imagine that stage definitely getting a boss later, it just might not be available in the demo. It doesn't do anything that Dr. Wily's Castle doesn't already do.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Heh. The string of posts we had there in continued support of Robin sounded like the Shepherds supporting Chrom after Chapter 10.

The Coliseum does seem bland. I get that it's supposed to be for no-holds-barred duels, but still. At least The Devoted is in its tracklist (You could hear it during the invitational!), and we still have Arena Ferox in the 3DS version, which certainly looks tourney legal and might even be a Neutral.

Hong

The Strongest
Coliseum looks cool, but there's hardly anything to it. Honestly, I can imagine that stage definitely getting a boss later, it just might not be available in the demo. It doesn't do anything that Dr. Wily's Castle doesn't already do.
Pic of the day. Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Colosseum from Fire Emblem! A Tactician from Marth's future may appear at any second…

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Yesss... My favorite Fire Emblem song! Is it on the Coliseum stage?
The music that was playing during the demo on Coliseum was The Devoted from Radiant Dawn. Hopefully we'll see it (ID Purpose) on both stages since it's so good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom