• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

IronFish

Smash Ace
Samus never needed missiles, Zero Suit Samus doesn't need a whip, and honestly aside from Angel Ring, Pit could have stayed exactly as he was.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't tap into options that can make an awesome character candidate even more awesome.

And it's not even like the silliness of giving Ness three techniques of his that had no business being on that character. Robin is the vessel for Grima literally for almost the entire game, and her struggle with the fel dragon is an integral plot point that spans roughly a third of the story.
Pretend it's dark magic if it makes you feel better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It just does not seem necessary, you can have possessed Robin as a trophy or something but I think it would just take up space in his moveset

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Maybe Robins final smash could be using a master seal to class change into a grandmaster, it would boost his attack power and let him jump slightly higher. But I prefer Grima.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, since we're talking about Robin's potential moveset, would it be plausible enough for Robin to use dark magic for some of his/her attacks? Not Grima powered magic, just regular, pure dark magic. I don't think it's too much of a stretch considering Robin already uses magic naturally, and can potentially use dark magic through re-classing. At the very least, I think dark magic could be incorporated through skill-based special moves like Vengeance of Lifetaker.

IronFish

Smash Ace
So, since we're talking about Robin's potential moveset, would it be plausible enough for Robin to use dark magic for some of his/her attacks? Not Grima powered magic, just regular, pure dark magic. I don't think it's too much of a stretch considering Robin already uses magic naturally, and can potentially use dark magic through re-classing. At the very least, I think dark magic could be incorporated through skill-based special moves like Vengeance of Lifetaker.
well yeah but I think it's more likely to have skills based on the Tactician class and not the other ones he can change to, I still think his most likely move set is magic for specials IMO

100th post

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Maybe Robins final smash could be using a master seal to class change into a grandmaster, it would boost his attack power and let him jump slightly higher. But I prefer Grima.
Seriously? Come now. Just have him use Ignis or Rally Spectrum in that case.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Dark magic would be very possible IMO. I actually gave him a dark spell as a variant of his magic special in my moveset. You can find it on the first post.

Though I probably should look through and update it a bit.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Well, dark magic makes some sense because
he defeats Grima with a shadow ball if you choose Robin to perform the final blow.
(I'm new in Smashboards, how can i put a proper spoiler?).

Edit: Lol, i don't now how i do that double spoiler.
Edit 2: Never mind, i learn already.

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
If he doesn't use it all the time then it probably means he can't use it whenever. He used it only once to defeat Grima. Dark magic is not Robin, but a Grima final smash is something I still find possible. The developers would probably consider a Grima final smash more true to the game than dark magic Robin anyway.

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
If he doesn't use it all the time then it probably means he can't use it whenever. He used it only once to defeat Grima. Dark magic is not Robin, but a Grima final smash is something I still find possible. The developers would probably consider a Grima final smash more true to the game than dark magic Robin anyway.
And PK Fire and Thunder, and PSI Magnet were used by Ness in his game?

I am pretty sure Sakurai could give Robin dark spells if he truly wanted to. It's not much of a stretch as she, as evident by the final chapter, can utilize Grima's darkness despite not being the proper class.

I strangely got inspiration for a possible moveset, but I am not too sure about it. If I have the time, I may expand upon it.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
I too don't see dark magic as a final smash, yes, Grima makes more sense. I see dark magic as a move, like his neutral b Robin's shadow ball deconfirms Mewtwo.

IronFish

Smash Ace
wow a post by you that makes sense
I too don't see dark magic as a final smash, yes, Grima makes more sense. I see dark magic as a move, like his neutral b Robin's shadow ball deconfirms Mewtwo.
I think he would have a thunder magic neutral b, because that's Robin's preferred magic, I think a Thoron nb would be like fox's laser but slower

Hong

The Strongest
One of the Awakening character better be eating bear meat as one of their victory things.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
wow a post by you that makes sense
I make sense when I want to. If I say something stupid then I'm not serious.

Up special- Skywards sword strike like the other FE characters. A wind magic Up special is something possible, but it would just look and play weird in my opinion.

Down special- A large jolt of arcthunder/thoron towards the ground or a sword/magic counter.

Side special- Elfire shoots towards the side. It could be a chargable attack but in the FE games you don't see mages do that in battle. It should be a normal unchargerblr shot instead.

Neutral special- Quick, weak, and fast wind towards the opponent. It could also be like Mario's fludd if Sakurai wants to be an idiot again.

Final smash- Grima takes over Robin and spikes come out of the ground. Ignis could be like Ike's, grab someone and do a repeated attack on them or a strong blast of powerful magic. Class change would turn him into a grandmustir boosting his attack. Also last time I checked, rally spectrum was to power other units not yourself, but still possible.

If it's not grima he could say "Time to tip the scales" with the critical character face thing showing up before doing his final smash. If it is a one shot thing then he could say "Now that's strategy" after he's done attacking. Samurai can just put bear meat eating for all the taunts.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
I make sense when I want to. If I say something stupid then I'm not serious.

Up special- Skywards sword strike like the other FE characters. A wind magic Up special is something possible, but it would just look and play weird in my opinion.

Down special- A large jolt of arcthunder/thoron towards the ground or a sword/magic counter.

Side special- Elfire shoots towards the side. It could be a chargable attack but in the FE games you don't see mages do that in battle. It should be a normal unchargerblr shot instead.

Neutral special- Quick, weak, and fast wind towards the opponent. It could also be like Mario's fludd if Sakurai wants to be an idiot again.

Final smash- Grima takes over Robin and spikes come out of the ground. Ignis could be like Ike's, grab someone and do a repeated attack on them or a strong blast of powerful magic. Class change would turn him into a grandmustir boosting his attack. Also last time I checked, rally spectrum was to power other units not yourself, but still possible.

If it's not grima he could say "Time to tip the scales" with the critical character face thing showing up before doing his final smash. If it is a one shot thing then he could say "Now that's strategy" after he's done attacking. Samurai can just put bear meat eating for all the taunts.
I think the thunder magic should be the b move, because that's what Robin is known for

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
I think the thunder magic should be the b move, because that's what Robin is known for
Robin isn't known for using just thunder magic. His moveset should include all three types of magic because if anything, he's known for using all three. I don't want to see him as the "sworded thunder mage".

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Robin isn't known for using just thunder magic. His moveset should include all three types of magic because if anything, he's known for using all three. I don't want to see him as the "sworded thunder mage".
I agree here. When you get control of Robin she wields a sword and a thunder tome, but that doesn't mean that's what she's known for. Arguably, Awakening was trying push one element on each of the Mages (Robin = Thunder, Miriel = Fire, Ricken = Wind) as they all come with a different elemental magic. But this isn't the Tellius series, where mages specialized in a specific type of magic.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
I agree here. When you get control of Robin she wields a sword and a thunder tome, but that doesn't mean that's what she's known for. Arguably, Awakening was trying push one element on each of the Mages (Robin = Thunder, Miriel = Fire, Ricken = Wind) as they all come with a different elemental magic. But this isn't the Tellius series, where mages specialized in a specific type of magic.
What I mean is in cut scenes he has thunder magic and he kills Chrom with a thunderbolt. he should use all magic types just thunder for neutral B

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Well, you have to admit that Thoron specificly is the only "canon" (using the term very loosely) spell Robin ever uses as it's seen in the rendered sequences. Though I would be a bit miffed if it was the only element we see from him/her.

aaand I got ninja'd by IronFish :D

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
After Marth and Robin, who would be your third FE rep, considering the fact that FE will most likely get three reps this time around.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Ike. I personally prefer him a bit over Chrom and wouldn't mind having more spread in the games represented.

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
Well, Ike would be the most likely one, but I would want one of the following, in no particular order: Eirika, Ephraim, Anna, and Tiki (even though she was deconfirmed).

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I'd like Ike to come back. Marth, Ike, Robin. Seems like a solid roster for FE to me!

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'm wondering what Sword/s Robin is going to use for smash? maybe an axe or amourslayer for smash attacks?
I would imagine a basic sword. But, maybe Robin would get something special. I could see Robin using a random weapon for attacks, alternating between an axe, sword and lance (sort of similar to Peach's Side Smash).

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'm thinking he would have a sword only for melee attacks, a magic only moveset would make him to much like Zelda or Lucas
I see where you're coming from, but Lucas and Zelda only use elemental magic in their Specials (barring one of Lucas' Throws). And Robin is known for using elemental magic. Zelda has her sparkles (I suppose that could be Light Elemental magic, but Robin doesn't have that) and Lucas has all his PK Love effects (which is psychic energy, I believe). I think that if Robin's magic was only represented in his Specials it would make him more like Zelda, Lucas and Ness. Robin would have Fire, Wind, and Electric elements in his Specials only, just like Zelda (Din's Fire, Farore's Wind) and Lucas (PK Thunder, PK Fire). It would make him more like Ness because he uses Elemental Magic (so to speak) for his specials and weapons for some of his other moves.

A pure magic Robin would be similar to Lucas and Zelda, but it likely wouldn't be too similar. I like a Stance-change Robin or a sword & magic Robin, but pure magic is probably better to help flesh out the FE representation.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I really want the Tactician as a sword guy that has a below average offensive capabilities, but a great zoning potential with his traps. Kinda like Snake that he can put down "Magic Mines" or something along those lines.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
One of the main things that originally got me interested in Robin was the idea of having a character who fights with sorcery. We have magic users, but I wouldn't describe any of them as sorcerers. I generally envision Robin's moveset as primarily magic-based, while using a sword for around one to three attacks.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
I see where you're coming from, but Lucas and Zelda only use elemental magic in their Specials (barring one of Lucas' Throws). And Robin is known for using elemental magic. Zelda has her sparkles (I suppose that could be Light Elemental magic, but Robin doesn't have that) and Lucas has all his PK Love effects (which is psychic energy, I believe). I think that if Robin's magic was only represented in his Specials it would make him more like Zelda, Lucas and Ness. Robin would have Fire, Wind, and Electric elements in his Specials only, just like Zelda (Din's Fire, Farore's Wind) and Lucas (PK Thunder, PK Fire). It would make him more like Ness because he uses Elemental Magic (so to speak) for his specials and weapons for some of his other moves.

A pure magic Robin would be similar to Lucas and Zelda, but it likely wouldn't be too similar. I like a Stance-change Robin or a sword & magic Robin, but pure magic is probably better to help flesh out the FE representation.
Stance is a bad idea, thats why they took out transformations.

Top Bottom