• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Hey uh, guys? I've had a little change of heart.

A stance change set is pretty unlikely now, since Sakurai wants us to focus on "one moveset".
Yeah, probably. Nothing wrong with a full mage Robin or a Robin that uses swords & magic for one moveset, though.

Dragon1128

Smash Cadet
I have to say, this was something I've been thinking about.

I really like the idea of a melee/mage like character.

Count me in.

I don't think it'll happen, 40% chance I assume, since Chrom is without a doubt going to be in., and Considering they'd either have to give another slot to FE or remove Ike, but it's still an incredibly awesome concept.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'd love a sword/Mage Robin, but if we get Takamaru, Shulk, and Chrom too, another sword wielder will make people skeptical, even though Robin uses it a lot differently.
A full Mage set is what I would expect, and it would differentiate him/her from the rest of the cast best.

IronFish

Smash Ace
They should add her/him/Robin as a cleric/priest. Then he/she/Robin could heal himself/herself anywhere in battle. She/He/Robin could attack by beating them with a staff. Also, since female Robin versus male Robin is a problem, why not make her/him/Robin both? That way everyone can be happy!
Uhh they would just be tacticians not priests.

He could have counter for down special if you don't like rally spectrum

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
He could have counter for down special if you don't like rally spectrum
Which is actually exactly what I gave him in my moveset, though with a small twist.

Since I'd almost bet on Isaac making it in, a pure Sword & Sorcery skillset might look a bit redundant. Not saying I would mind it since there's all those fun Psynergies that are different from your usual magic and Isaac and Robin are very different characters. But I still think there's more than just that you could do with Robin.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I'd love a sword/Mage Robin, but if we get Takamaru, Shulk, and Chrom too, another sword wielder will make people skeptical, even though Robin uses it a lot differently.
A full Mage set is what I would expect, and it would differentiate him/her from the rest of the cast best.
Nah, we have Zelda (and probably Palutena) for pure mage. Half and half Sword + Sorcery is something no one else does, with sword in one hand and tome in the other.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Unless Gandondorf does it.
Okay, thanks for the correction. Even then, it's not like it'd be hard to differentiate the two. Before even discussing playstyles, Robin uses elemental magic while most Ganondorf's stuff is... surprisingly, mostly light based. At least, going by OoT Ganondorf and Possessed Zelda.

And I liiiiike punchy Ganondorf :c

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Robin uses elemental magic while most Ganondorf's stuff is... surprisingly, mostly light based. At least, going by OoT Ganondorf and Possessed Zelda.

And I liiiiike punchy Ganondorf :c
Looking at Smash's Gdorf I'd say it's mostly dark, though I agree it mostly looks like Light magic in the canon.

I like punchy Gdorf too but...y'know.

IronFish

Smash Ace
The move set I made was to show off the skills the tactician/grandmaster class both get and weapons they use, though I can see him switching weapons for a smash attack...

IronFish

Smash Ace
I think its feasible to see different hair styles for different costume on Robin, if Pokemon can have models with hats I think they can change a model's hair

Hong

The Strongest
I think its feasible to see different hair styles for different costume on Robin, if Pokemon can have models with hats I think they can change a model's hair
I think that's the general assumption.

Plus, characters have seen alteration on a grander scale. Wireframe Mac is here, and we will no doubt have the two versions of Wario again. Comparitively, two genders and a unique hair style for each colour is not asking for a lot.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
I would like to see the shota and loli versions of Robin too, buuuuut I know asking for different build sizes for a character it's not likely to happen.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Stumpy feet Robin skin :D

Honestly though, I'd be perfectly happy if we got hood down and "standard white hair" skins for both genders. Unless we'll have a character customization mode where we can add or change little details about each character's look I highly doubt "my" Robin will be available anyways - and I'm using the regular body build. I bet that will be the case for a lot of people.

FYI, I use male Robin with blonde combed back long hair in most of my playthroughs. Or in the game's terms:
Male, body 1, face 4, hair 3, hair colour 7, voice 1.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Stumpy feet Robin skin :D

Honestly though, I'd be perfectly happy if we got hood down and "standard white hair" skins for both genders. Unless we'll have a character customization mode where we can add or change little details about each character's look I highly doubt "my" Robin will be available anyways - and I'm using the regular body build. I bet that will be the case for a lot of people.

FYI, I use male Robin with blonde combed back long hair in most of my playthroughs. Or in the game's terms:
I meant different hair styles, same build along with different color robes

Also seeing Awakening characters with feet will be amazing

Hong

The Strongest
I would like to see the shota and loli versions of Robin too, buuuuut I know asking for different build sizes for a character it's not likely to happen.
They could always have the male as build 1, female as build 2 or 3, or something, though they'll probably go full vanilla for default appearances.
I have had a number of Robins, but I think my favourite is the shorter girl, and the long hair with the little ribbons. Black. Voice 1, too.

I'm pretty boring like that.

IronFish

Smash Ace
They could always have the male as build 1, female as build 2 or 3, or something, though they'll probably go full vanilla for default appearances.
I have had a number of Robins, but I think my favourite is the shorter girl, and the long hair with the little ribbons. Black. Voice 1, too.

I'm pretty boring like that.
Boring? I like generic male Robin, no changes at all

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Robin would be a much better rep for FE:A than Chrom. I don't doubt that Chrom could have a unique moveset and playstyle, but three blue-haired swordsmen would get a bit old aesthetically. Robin could use a mix of swords and magic.

D

Deleted member

I just had a great idea for Robin's Final Smash : Dual Chain Attack with Chrom for Female Robin and Lucina for Male Robin.

:troll::troll::troll::troll:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I just had a great idea for Robin's Final Smash : Dual Chain Attack with Chrom for Female Robin and Lucina for Male Robin.

:troll::troll::troll::troll:
Considering everyone I know marries Chrom if they're playing a female Avatar or Lucina if they're male...uh...well, you get the idea.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Robin can
Considering everyone I know marries Chrom if they're playing a female Avatar or Lucina if they're male...uh...well, you get the idea.
My male Robin married Sully.
Though, my female Robin did marry Chrom (just to make Lucina awesome).

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I married my male Robin to Tiki on all playthroughs so far. I want to try out Lucina once somewhere down the road, just to see if some of the dialogue changes accordingly.
Female Robin and Chrom go REALLY well together though.
Rabbattack said:
Robins final smash should be summoning Grima to attack in the backround.
Nah, I feel that's really against the character. Would probably look really cool, but it would be doing the very thing he/she tried to prevent in the game. I'd rather have Grima as a stage (unlikely for WiiU version since it will be very light on handheld stages if it has any at all) or stage hazard like the Yellow Devil.
I'd love to see team-up attacks with several other characters from Awakening as Robin's final smash. Showing off some more of the integral gameplay of the game while still potentially being unique for Smash Bros. "THAT's how it's done!"

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I married my male Robin to Tiki on all playthroughs so far. I want to try out Lucina once somewhere down the road, just to see if some of the dialogue changes accordingly.
Female Robin and Chrom go REALLY well together though.

Nah, I feel that's really against the character. Would probably look really cool, but it would be doing the very thing he/she tried to prevent in the game. I'd rather have Grima as a stage (unlikely for WiiU version since it will be very light on handheld stages if it has any at all) or stage hazard like the Yellow Devil.
I'd love to see team-up attacks with several other characters from Awakening as Robin's final smash. Showing off some more of the integral gameplay of the game while still potentially being unique for Smash Bros. "THAT's how it's done!"
Marrying Lucina DOES change some dialogue. It was in chapter twenty-something or other. I forgot the exact one.

D

Deleted member

Guys, I would suggest you to calm down with spoilers now.

Don't forget that visitors may not have cleared Awakening's main plot yet.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Guys, I would suggest you to calm down with spoilers now.

Don't forget that visitors may not have cleared Awakening's main plot yet.
To be fair, talking about who you chose Robin to marry isn't really much of a spoiler.

My Final Smash idea was Rally Spectrum. Basically just an overall stat boost with a rainbow effect and critical hit chance.

Top Bottom