• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I don't see that as a bad thing.
Believe me, it can be. For example, FE9. I never really liked any of the characters apart from Nephenee and Lethe, so they were basically the only characters I used.

And oh god, when I'm allowed to customise classes... that never turns out well. Ever. I have very set favourite classes and uh, I may end up with like, 6-7 units, all of the same or similar classes.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Believe me, it can be. For example, FE9. I never really liked any of the characters apart from Nephenee and Lethe, so they were basically the only characters I used.

And oh god, when I'm allowed to customise classes... that never turns out well. Ever. I have very set favourite classes and uh, I may end up with like, 6-7 units, all of the same or similar classes.
Having finished Path of Radiance yesterday, I am surprised you liked only Lethe and Nephenee. The game have a bunch of filler characters which I didn't give a **** about (something like 60% of them lol), but Lethe, Ranulf, Mordecai, Elincia, (ok, you only get to use her near the end of the game, but still), Marcia, Titania, Soren and Reyson were kinda nice. To each their own, I suppose.

I suffer from the second problem you listed... Which is actually a big problem in games in which having a balanced team is important.

By the way, something I didn't get about Path of Radiance... It is very minor, so I will not spoiler tag it: Why was Ilyana so hungry and weak all the time? What the hell did she do with the money she got from being a mercenary?

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Having finished Path of Radiance yesterday, I am surprised you liked only Lethe and Nephenee. The game have a bunch of filler characters which I didn't give a **** about (something like 60% of them lol), but Lethe, Ranulf, Mordecai, Elincia, (ok, you only get to use her near the end of the game, but still), Marcia, Titania, Soren and Reyson were kinda nice. To each their own, I suppose.

I suffer from the second problem you listed... Which is actually a big problem in games in which having a balanced team is important.

By the way, something I didn't get about Path of Radiance... It is very minor, so I will not spoiler tag it: Why was Ilyana so hungry and weak all the time? What the hell did she do with the money she got from being a mercenary?
I think Stefan was another character that I liked. But honestly, I really didn't care for most of the characters in Path, which I find odd. I usually like at least four characters but... eh.

In Shadow Dragon, my team consisted of a Bishop, a Hero, a Falcoknight and a Paladin. I did not even try and balance it out. And Awakening... let's not get started on Awakening. (Two Assassins, Valkyrie, Sniper, Taguel, Great Knight.)

I think I can comment on Ilyana, because I have a friend that shares this ailment. Basically, her metabolism runs at superhuman speeds. Any time that she eats, her body converts the food to energy ridiculously fast and burns it up just as fast. So, as a result, she's constantly in the need for more nourishment... which will also get very quickly burned through. So likely, the money went towards food, which is why she also seemed to be slightly better off in 10, because Heather was feeding her.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

It doesn't matter whether or not Robin is a good character, so long as you have style.
This is utterly glorious.

I like that you chose Ewan, because it completely fits him to do that. As he said in his Support with Amelia:
"This? This is magic to make girls happy!"

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
Thoron is the only ranged I attack I see that can go through multiple people making me wonder could this attack be blocked by fighters with meat shields like Rosalina & Luma. The other thing I wonder is can Thoron be reflected by reflectors (Mario, Fox, Zelda, etc.), pocketed by the Villager, absorbed (Ness), or Negated (Rosalina)?

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
So, to put doubt out of our minds, Nosferatu looks to indeed function as a command grab.

Using the move, you can see Robin start this gif in neutral position.

Should you miss, you get this puff of dark miasma. It suggests the general range of use.

Palutena is a tall opponent, so there was the possibility that it could have been a channelled ability (think Mewtwo's Disable, only Robin is occupied), but we have screenshots of it being used on shorter characters.

If this were merely a channelled disable, they would still fall to the ground. With these two, they are suspended in the air. So indeed, the victim is trapped in place, and it likely bypasses shields as well. Thus far, all we don't really know is if there is some kind of throw involved or if the enemy is knocked away after it ends. Going by design sense, I don't think Sakurai will allow it to be unsafe-on-hit.

The latest batch of images also has this, which should not be confused with Nosferatu.

She has her sword in hand, so it's her grab. Not sure if the purple is dark magic (even though she has a thunder tome in hand) or just electricity during one of its many rather vibrant frames. If I had to guess, her down throw brings the enemy to their knees and barrages them with dark magics, regardless of your tome-in-hand.

Thoron is the only ranged I attack I see that can go through multiple people making me wonder could this attack be blocked by fighters with meat shields like Rosalina & Luma. The other thing I wonder is can Thoron be reflected by reflectors (Mario, Fox, Zelda, etc.), pocketed by the Villager, absorbed (Ness), or Negated (Rosalina)?
I think it will function as a particle as opposed to a projectile. They are rare in Smash Bros, but they do happen. If that's the case, it won't be reflected or pocketed, and they will pass through both fighters and potentially terrain. I could be wrong, though, and it could be handled like FLUDD and thus Rosalina will be able to counter all/part of the attack.

I think Ness will be able to absorb it regardless, though.

Edit - Also, @Hokori has given me permission to take the theories out of the main post, since Mr. Sakurai has already answered the questions that they theorized.

Last edited:

Reila

I think I can comment on Ilyana, because I have a friend that shares this ailment. Basically, her metabolism runs at superhuman speeds. Any time that she eats, her body converts the food to energy ridiculously fast and burns it up just as fast. So, as a result, she's constantly in the need for more nourishment... which will also get very quickly burned through. So likely, the money went towards food, which is why she also seemed to be slightly better off in 10, because Heather was feeding her.
I have never met a person with this ailment. That is interesting, thanks for sharing!

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I have never met a person with this ailment. That is interesting, thanks for sharing!
Not a problem! It's something I've always found fascinating about Fire Emblem, is that in the ones that I've played, there's lots of real world personalities, each with their own distinct problems, personalities and backstories.

Untagged spoilers for FE 7 - 10 below for my examples.

Characters like Heather. She's uber gay and she's basically joined the Crimean army to be around as many good looking girls as she can.

Nephenee: She is ashamed of her country heritage and hides it as much as she can. However, over the course of two games, she begins to open up.

Legault: He's long been disillusioned with the Black Fang and it eventually got to him and he just went "**** this. I'm out."

Erikia: She's been constantly pushed aside by everyone and finally decides "No. I'm fighting too."

Moulder: He constantly pushes his own wellbeing aside, to the point in which he forgets his own birthday, because he's so busy trying to help everyone else.

Reila

Not a problem! It's something I've always found fascinating about Fire Emblem, is that in the ones that I've played, there's lots of real world personalities, each with their own distinct problems, personalities and backstories.

Untagged spoilers for FE 7 - 10 below for my examples.

Characters like Heather. She's uber gay and she's basically joined the Crimean army to be around as many good looking girls as she can.

Nephenee: She is ashamed of her country heritage and hides it as much as she can. However, over the course of two games, she begins to open up.

Legault: He's long been disillusioned with the Black Fang and it eventually got to him and he just went "**** this. I'm out."

Erikia: She's been constantly pushed aside by everyone and finally decides "No. I'm fighting too."

Moulder: He constantly pushes his own wellbeing aside, to the point in which he forgets his own birthday, because he's so busy trying to help everyone else.
I think I will like this Heather girl you mentioned. :p

I actually didn't know that about Nephenee. Perhaps I should replay Path of Radiance at some point and try to dig deeper in the support conversations.

Question: Does Radiant Dawn reads the save data from Path of Radiance when you start it?

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I think I will like this Heather girl you mentioned. :p

I actually didn't know that about Nephenee. Perhaps I should replay Path of Radiance at some point and try to dig deeper in the support conversations.

Question: Does Radiant Dawn reads the save data from Path of Radiance when you start it?
It's mentioned more in 10 (Nephenee's heritage), but from what I remember, it is present in 9.

And Heather is just an amazing character in general.

Yes, it does. There are a lot of bonuses, so I'll list them under a spoiler tag.

To transfer data, you need a GameCube memory card with FE9 clear (Epilogue) data. When you start a new FE10 file, the game should prompt you to choose a cleared FE9 file.

Notes

• Character availability in FE10 is unaffected by the transfer. So if a character died or wasn't recruited in FE9, they will still be here.
  • The difficulty setting of transferred files has no direct effect on anything.
Base statsIf a character reached the maximum value for a stat at their final class and at their final level (20), in FE9, they will receive a fixed bonus to that stat in FE10.
  • The bonus is +5 for HP and +2 for Strength, Magic, Skill, Speed, Luck, Defence and Resistance.
  • Danved receives the bonus for any stat that Devdan capped at his final level (20).
  • Calill receives an additional bonus for any stat that Largo capped at his final level (20). However, note that bonuses for the same stat do not stack.
For example: If Ilyana had maxed Skill and Resistance as a Level 20 Sage in FE9, she will gain +2 Skill and +2 Resistance to her FE10 bases.

An exception is Sothe:
  • If Sothe reached Level 20 inFE9, his FE9 stats will be transferred directly to FE10 (excludes Build or Movement).
  • If a FE9 stat is lower than a default FE10 stat, the FE9 stat will take precedence.
  • Since the Resistance cap is lower in FE10, if his Resistance was 16 to 20 in FE9 it will become 15 in FE10.
Weapon ranks
If a character's weapon type, in FE9, reached a rank from C to S, there will be a Weapon EXP bonus to that weapon type in FE10.
  • The bonus is 40 for C, 80 for B, 120 for A and 160 for S.
  • If the final weapon rank in FE9 exceeds the FE10 weapon rank cap, it will be set to the FE10 weapon rank cap.
For example, if Ilyana reached S Thunder in FE9, she will get a 160 Weapon EXP bonus in Thunder in FE10, which bumps her rank from C to A.

Supports
Support conversations, unlocked in FE9, can be viewed in a support library. Only support conversations attached to a transferred file can be viewed.

A-level Supports obtained in FE9 become bond supports (with a bonus of +5 Critical and Dodge).

Certain A-level Supports inFE9 may have effects on the story (the most noticeable change is with the Ike and Soren support).

CoinsAny Coins collected in FE9 will appear in Ike's convoy at the beginning of Part 3.

Coins aren't for collecting, so don't fret if you sold them the first time. Instead they are used to give random bonuses to forged weapons.

Reila

It's mentioned more in 10 (Nephenee's heritage), but from what I remember, it is present in 9.

And Heather is just an amazing character in general.

Yes, it does. There are a lot of bonuses, so I'll list them under a spoiler tag.

To transfer data, you need a GameCube memory card with FE9 clear (Epilogue) data. When you start a new FE10 file, the game should prompt you to choose a cleared FE9 file.

Notes

• Character availability in FE10 is unaffected by the transfer. So if a character died or wasn't recruited in FE9, they will still be here.
  • The difficulty setting of transferred files has no direct effect on anything.
Base statsIf a character reached the maximum value for a stat at their final class and at their final level (20), in FE9, they will receive a fixed bonus to that stat in FE10.
  • The bonus is +5 for HP and +2 for Strength, Magic, Skill, Speed, Luck, Defence and Resistance.
  • Danved receives the bonus for any stat that Devdan capped at his final level (20).
  • Calill receives an additional bonus for any stat that Largo capped at his final level (20). However, note that bonuses for the same stat do not stack.
For example: If Ilyana had maxed Skill and Resistance as a Level 20 Sage in FE9, she will gain +2 Skill and +2 Resistance to her FE10 bases.

An exception is Sothe:
  • If Sothe reached Level 20 inFE9, his FE9 stats will be transferred directly to FE10 (excludes Build or Movement).
  • If a FE9 stat is lower than a default FE10 stat, the FE9 stat will take precedence.
  • Since the Resistance cap is lower in FE10, if his Resistance was 16 to 20 in FE9 it will become 15 in FE10.
Weapon ranks
If a character's weapon type, in FE9, reached a rank from C to S, there will be a Weapon EXP bonus to that weapon type in FE10.
  • The bonus is 40 for C, 80 for B, 120 for A and 160 for S.
  • If the final weapon rank in FE9 exceeds the FE10 weapon rank cap, it will be set to the FE10 weapon rank cap.
For example, if Ilyana reached S Thunder in FE9, she will get a 160 Weapon EXP bonus in Thunder in FE10, which bumps her rank from C to A.

Supports
Support conversations, unlocked in FE9, can be viewed in a support library. Only support conversations attached to a transferred file can be viewed.

A-level Supports obtained in FE9 become bond supports (with a bonus of +5 Critical and Dodge).

Certain A-level Supports inFE9 may have effects on the story (the most noticeable change is with the Ike and Soren support).

CoinsAny Coins collected in FE9 will appear in Ike's convoy at the beginning of Part 3.

Coins aren't for collecting, so don't fret if you sold them the first time. Instead they are used to give random bonuses to forged weapons.
That is pretty nice.

While weird, it is a good thing the dead characters come back to life in the sequel, since I accidentally let Mordecai die in one of the last few missions.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
That is pretty nice.

While weird, it is a good thing the dead characters come back to life in the sequel, since I accidentally let Mordecai die in one of the last few missions.
Characters don't actually die in Fire Emblem. They get wounded to the point that they have to pull back and sit out the rest of the war. You could argue that they just had time to recover between the games, similar to they way people recover between Lyn's story and Eliwood/Hector's story in Rekka no Ken (if you actually lose someone in Lyn's story).

Reila

Characters don't actually die in Fire Emblem. They get wounded to the point that they have to pull back and sit out the rest of the war. You could argue that they just had time to recover between the games, similar to they way people recover between Lyn's story and Eliwood/Hector's story in Rekka no Ken (if you actually lose someone in Lyn's story).
Eh, really? Some of the things they say when they are defeated make it sound like they are dying.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
That's not actually true. A lot of characters DO die in Fire emblem. Lyn's story is one of the exceptions, where defeated characters merely retreat.

Edit: If a character is relevant to the plot, they'll retreat. Otherwise, they go to the great gateway in the sky.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That is very wrong.

Certain characters have 'plot armor' like Marcus in FE7, and thus just get 'wounded', as you say, but it is very clear that a lot of them die.

"Fiora: Ilia... I will not...see your soil again... Florina... Farina... Be...strong..."
"Wallace: So, I'm to die in battle, am I? I regret nothing! Ha ha ha...ha ha..."
"Geitz: Ah, it was a miserable life... What could I expect but a miserable death..."

Hong

The Strongest
The three brothers death quotes were so sad. :(

Rolf:
“So this is what fate...had in store for me... I'm so cold... I still had...a lot...to learn. Oscar... B-Boyd... Shinon...”

Boyd:
“Blast! I'm not... I'm not supposed to... Oscar... Rolf... Forgive...me.”

Oscar:
“These enemies... They're too powerful... Help me... Boyd... R-Rolf...”

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I kinda like Chrom's for being incredibly contrairy to what happens.
"I'm...sorry, everyone... Leave me... Save yourselves...if you can..."
GAME OVER

I did cut out Robin's line there for humorous purposes.

What, you guys expecting a "Chrom is not in Smash" joke here?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's not actually true. A lot of characters DO die in Fire emblem. Lyn's story is one of the exceptions, where defeated characters merely retreat.

Edit: If a character is relevant to the plot, they'll retreat. Otherwise, they go to the great gateway in the sky.
Its actually notable that, even if Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword that game is a HUGE exception, because several of the characters have to go on to have kids in time for Roy's game, and other characters actually appear in Roy's game and ultimately just retreat, but they don't have a plot role throughout the rest of the game.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think one of the saddest was probably the Part 4 Radiant Dawn base convo where they find Amy, when Calil has died in battle.

muh feels :crying:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The Tellius games really need a 3rd one. :L

I actually want to see a prequel for when Yune flooded everything and Ashera and her 3 heroes fought Yune.

It would so freaking cool to see a CGI of this;

Altina wielding two big ass swords while riding Soan. All of my yes.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Wow, loving all the Robin in those screenshots. Also, the 3DS version is looking better than ever.

Beautiful.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The Tellius games really need a 3rd one. :L

I actually want to see a prequel for when Yune flooded everything and Ashera and her 3 heroes fought Yune.

It would so freaking cool to see a CGI of this;

Altina wielding two big *** swords while riding Soan. All of my yes.
She straight up has two Ragnells. That's not even fair.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Another theory by me , again concerning ArcFire: If you look at my video, there seem to be frames where creating the fireball over robin's head emits some "shockwave"-looking circles. Could this mean Arcfire, too, can be charged, but more like a smashattack (gets stronger and executes once fully charged, cannot be stored) ? It would have to be a pretty fast charging though judging by the speed those circles appear... hmmm...

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Another theory by me , again concerning ArcFire: If you look at my video, there seem to be frames where creating the fireball over robin's head emits some "shockwave"-looking circles. Could this mean Arcfire, too, can be charged, but more like a smashattack (gets stronger and executes once fully charged, cannot be stored) ? It would have to be a pretty fast charging though judging by the speed those circles appear... hmmm...
This is what I had initially assumed, that it was a raw charge like Quick Draw or Shield Breaker. Since Sakurai never mentioned anything about it being chargeable in the articles following, I assumed that would not be the case. That said, it could still be chargeable and he just didn't think it deemed worth mentioning.

It's possible that the fire rises from below and conjoins above Robin, growing in power until released.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn has IMO the most powerful death quotes in the series, which is really saying something.

Bastian: ...Here shall I cross... from this world...to death's dry kingdom. I always suspected...that it would come to this.

Meg: Ugh...I wanted to have...a wonderful wedding... Father... I wanted you to be...proud of me...
Mist: S-sorry...Brother... We...can't be...together... again... ...Father. M-Mother...

Heather: Mother... Forgive me... I...lied... I stole... And this...is my punishment...

Aran: I'm not a hero... I'm just a soldier. There's no lesson in this... I knew that's...how it would be... But still... I...

Tormod: No! I can't...feel my legs... I can't stand up... Where...is...Muarim...? I... I'm...

Soren: Ike... Please live... Even if all the cities burn, and the seas swallow Tellius... You mustn't die... Not you...

Geoffrey: Queen Elincia! My queen, where are you?! I can't see... Blood is in my eyes... Your Majesty... I'll be right...there...
Elincia: Geoffrey... Geoffrey! ...You mustn't die... I'll be all alone... Please... Geoffrey...

:(

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Between Petrine's battle dialogue with Soren and her death quote, I had gone from detesting the character to feeling sympathy for her. :(

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Between Petrine's battle dialogue with Soren and her death quote, I had gone from detesting the character to feeling sympathy for her. :(
I bet Ike saw that differently. :4myfriends:

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Robin's taunt where he twirls the sword around is immensely random.

And that's saying a lot, for a game with ballerina Link and Super Saiyan Fox.

Hey everyone. Do you remember that part of Fire Emblem: Awakening where Robin had telekinesis and was able to levitate her sword before everyone's eyes?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Robin's taunt where he twirls the sword around is immensely random.

And that's saying a lot, for a game with ballerina Link and Super Saiyan Fox.

Hey everyone. Do you remember that part of Fire Emblem: Awakening where Robin had telekinesis and was able to levitate her sword before everyone's eyes?
Yeah, dat was pretty cool.

Not as cool as the part when luigi explodes and propels himself forward at MAXIMUM SPEED though.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Yeeeah, I don't like that taunt very much either. Even the way the sword floats around looks a bit random to me. I don't mind using magic for telekinesis in his grabs but I'd much rather seen the bowing or something.
Do we actually know all three taunts yet? I just can remember the one we're talking about right now and the one where Robin poses with the Sword.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
AHA! I've FINALLY caught up on this ridiculously fast paced forum! I can finally post again :grin:

Quickly, and rather lately, I have to say that I'm beyond ecstatic about Robin's reveal! Can't wait to try :4robinf: out! (Oh fine, you too :4robinm:).

As far as the current topic, I am a little bugged by the randomness of the telekinesis.. but, as honest to the character as they've kept Robin overall, it's not really an issue to me.

Top Bottom