• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Morbi

Scavenger
Bride is really mediocre. The weapon spread is awkward, the stat caps are booty, and the skills are meh at best.

Rally Spectrum BOPS Rally Heart.
The only reason that I enjoy the "Bride" class is for the dress. I am not against using a mediocre class if it is aesthetically pleasing.

Hong

The Strongest
Fire Emblem needs Soldiers as a playable class in every game ever.

I'll accept Great Lords as a substitute this time, but don't make this mistake again!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Bride is really mediocre. The weapon spread is awkward, the stat caps are booty, and the skills are meh at best.

Rally Spectrum BOPS Rally Heart.
Fine! Prove me wrong why don't you?
:lol:
...I just like spears, staves and extra movement... :sadsheep:

Already said the Tactician line is my favorite in the game anyway!

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
So, I was texting my friend the other day, telling him about the Robin reveal. This is what I said...

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
1. What's your favorite FE game?
As I think is apparent from my previous posts, Fire Emblem is my favorite game in the series. Being younger when it was released, and it being my first Fire Emblem game, I of course remember it fondly. I remember carefully spacing my units to get the most out of Ninian and Nils, freaking out when Eliwood class changed without me expecting it, Hector having his own story, Hector, Armads, etc.

2. What's your LEAST favorite FE game?
I actually enjoyed them all... but I guess Shadow Dragon impressed me the least? This question is tough.

3. What do you think really sets the FE franchise apart from other strategy titles?
Its simplicity. The only other TBS I played extensively was Rondo of Swords. Let me tell you, I love being able to block the paths of enemy units.

4. What was the first FE title that you played?
Fire Emblem

5. How were you introduced to the FE series?
Melee: I loved Roy.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Broken image, at least for me.
The conversation is as follows:

Friend: What. Really.
Me: Yep. Robin's reveal was HUGE.
Me: I guess you could say it...
Friend: ?
Me: Tipped the scales.
Me: YEEEAAAAHHHH!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Fire Emblem needs Soldiers as a playable class in every game ever.

I'll accept Great Lords as a substitute this time, but don't make this mistake again!
Agreed. <3 Neph.
Fine! Prove me wrong why don't you?
:lol:
...I just like spears, staves and extra movement... :sadsheep:

The only reason that I enjoy the "Bride" class is for the dress. I am not against using a mediocre class if it is aesthetically pleasing.
Totally fair. I use Dread Fighter despite it having worse caps than a number of classes.

(I do, however, use a Bolt Axe because it's cool as ****.)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, yeah Falcon Knights...I know... :awesome:

Awakening's (and all other) Falcon Knights still ain't got **** on Tanith though.

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
I've got some!

1. Your favorite class in the entire series?

2. One aspect of Awakening you'd change?
3. What do you think really sets the FE franchise apart from other strategy titles?
Yay more questions!

1. Favorite class: GBA Era Swordmaster. The Crit animations were so amazing. Post GBA probably Hero.

2. My change to Awakening would be to add an SS support level, and make all the S level supports those. Then S level becomes a point where the characters are romantic with each other, but not proposing out of the blue (I'm looking at you Frederick). They would be locked in at the S level, so no philandering.

3. Favorite FE: Gah. Path of Radiance and Awakening are probably tied for me. They are suprisingly extremely different experiences for games of the same series. POR is a better and more cohesive story based game, but I really enjoy the freedom of reclassing and making an army of ultimate units to beat Apotheosis in Awakening.

4. Least Favorite FE: Sword of Seals. Its just... not good. All the stuff that I like about FE is done better in other games.
...I hope Roy doesn't see this...

5. What makes FE unique. I like that units fight better based on their supports with other characters, but I think what really sets FE apart is the weapon durability. I like Final Fantasy Tactics, but once you get good weapons, the game becomes a cakewalk. In FE, each battle is a part of the larger war in a real way. If you waste all the charges of your powerful weapons early on, then you'll get whooped on by tougher enemies. You feel the attrition of war, which I don't really feel in tactical games usually.

6. First FE: Sword of Seals. I like Roy a lot. So I played this game. I like Roy a little less now. But still a lot.

7. I was introduced through Melee, as most of us probably were.

EDIT:
Yeah, yeah Falcon Knights...I know... :awesome:

Awakening's (and all other) Falcon Knights still ain't got **** on Tanith though.
I second this. Tanith is indeed the ****.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Here is my theory:
As we know, neutral b is thunder, side b is Arcfire, Up b is Elwind, Down b is nosferatu.
Using a special changes the tome Robin is holding to its respective color.
The type of tome robin is holding at the time affects certain normal attacks, for instance we saw both the fire and wind versions of his jab combo.
Using these attacks also depletes the tome.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Here is my theory:
As we know, neutral b is thunder, side b is Arcfire, Up b is Elwind, Down b is nosferatu.
Using a special changes the tome Robin is holding to its respective color.
The type of tome robin is holding at the time affects certain normal attacks, for instance we saw both the fire and wind versions of his jab combo.
Using these attacks also depletes the tome.
This is most likely the case. And if I were behind the decision-making, one of the Tome-based Combo Finishers would be the strongest (at least do more damage/have more combo potential), but would be the one it be most detrimental to waste. On this case, the Wind Tome.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
This is most likely the case. And if I were behind the decision-making, one of the Tome-based Combo Finishers would be the strongest (at least do more damage/have more combo potential), but would be the one it be most detrimental to waste. On this case, the Wind Tome.
Nosferatu's normals might deplete the most if they drain percent.
If they don't, I'd imagine Nosferatu normals to be the least damaging to the tome.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Double Posting Warning Received
Yes to this part. :troll:

I am sorry
BOOO
Wonderful 101 I Do Not Approve GIF.gif

....No, true... but the potential for the most world destroying pairing ever would be possible.

Captain Falcon and Robin...

That Morgan would just instant win everything.
I would argue that the ultimate Morgan would result from the pairing of myse- I mean, male Robin and Palutena.

Last edited by a moderator:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm really curious now to what extent Robin's custom Specials will change them. It's really hard to imagine what could possibly replace them without messing with the animation too much.

Unless Robin pulls a Palutena, but I feel like that would have been exemplified in the trailer if it were the case however.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Fire Emblem Awakening. It's the game I've replayed the most, and has become my most played game of all time. Whenever I get stuck or bored with another game, I go back to play Awakening.

Shadow Dragon

Permadeath creates an atmosphere of danger and adds gravity to every decision. That plus great characters means that you are going to invest a lot of time in becoming the best tactician.

FE7

Melee: Oh, hey. This guy has a sword of fire? Cool, I'll use him. What series is he from? Fire Emblem? What's that?

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I'm loving how robin is looking so far he seems to be a very powerful character but balanced but limited use of his attacks

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'm really curious now to what extent Robin's custom Specials will change them. It's really hard to imagine what could possibly replace them without messing with the animation too much.

Unless Robin pulls a Palutena, but I feel like that would have been exemplified in the trailer if it were the case however.
Thunder spells could have a variant that does less damage but stuns more (making it more like Zamus's stun gun) and vice versa.
Arcfire could have greater range and less power and vice versa.
Elwind could have a single stronger shot or something.
Nosferatu could have less range and more damage/healing and vice versa.

But, more generally, I had the thought that Robin's Custom Moves may give fewer or more uses of a specific tome. Robin may be unique in that regard.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Round 2 of me answering these questions.
I've got some!

1. I dont have a single class that is my absolute favorite but l can break it down to a few. Myrmidoms/Swordmasters, Wyvern Lords, Falcoknights, Summoners, Paladins and Knights/Generals especially female ones. That's a auto plus in my book.

2. Put in the Trinity of Magic weapon triangle for what I can think of right now.

Here, since I'm a fairly recent Fire Emblem fan, and have only played Awakening so far, I'll ask a few questions. Feel free to elaborate and go into detail for any of these:

1. My FE experience is limited to 3 games but so far Awakening is my favorite but this may change in the future once I get to try out FE 4/5/6/7/9 and 10 but I am on the hunt for FE 7,9 and 10 physical copies.

2. It would have to be Shadow Dragon. I love the remake and all but holy crap that game and Heroes of Light and Shadow gives you Cavaliers, Horseman and Paladins like a friggen Pez 200 piece candy dispenser. I love mounted units but it was OD with it.

3. Perma death so I'm kinda forced to get attached and reset when someone dies.

4. My first FE was Sacred Stones and this was back in 2009-2010.

5. I was introduced by a friend in high school who I knew since 7th grade and he loaned me a copy as thanks for giving him rides home after school and he bought two copies and he found his second one so he just gave it to me lol. Also he taught me the ways of Joshua and Ephraim being hella good units. I always wanted to get into the series after playing Super Smash brothers Melee like alot of people did but but being a broke kid and all and didn't get handhelds of my own till way later didnt help but the series was always on my radar.

Hong

The Strongest
I didn't care much for Roy in Binding Blade or Melee, either. Fact is, Roy was popular because of Melee and his cool fire effects. With alternate skins confirmed as possibilities, I think Roy will be an alternate skin of Ike.
Roy is one of the tiniest lords, though. :roymelee:

Hong

The Strongest
I dunno. Hector? Roy's DLC design looks a bit bigger.
Perhaps, but I'm also sure Marth didn't cosplay as a Marth cosplay, I don't remember Celica becoming a loli mage, and Elincia never spawned a horn. :D

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Perhaps, but I'm also sure Marth didn't cosplay as a Marth cosplay, I don't remember Celica becoming a loli mage, and Elincia never spawned a horn. :D
I never even noticed the horned helmet... :p Wow. What I could tell is how I didn't really like Elincia's redesign...

Reginleif

Smash Ace
All the DLC artwork was downright horrible other than the King who wields my username.

Last edited:

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
Hey and don't forget Seliph.

Roy is one of the tiniest lords, though. :roymelee:
Isn't he just adorable? Haha but I guess it could work since Roy is/was only 15 in SoS, so maybe he got a REALLY big growth spurt and caught up to Ike.
I would pay sooooo much money to play as a 'roided up version of Roy made to fit over that monster known as Hero Ike.

Folt

Smash Ace
I've got some!

Oh! And to give my own answers:

1. Marksman. (3rd tier Archer, RD) So good. Shinon especially gave no ****s, and extra range for EVERY bow is so ****ing good.

2. Magic. It's not that I'd change it all, but I'd make it so more classes (Dark Knight and Dark Flier and Grandmaster anyone?) can use Dark tomes, and I'd make Light Magic a thing, because I miss it.
My answers to these:

1. Necromancer. I am a sucker for people/classes that can animate the dead and Necromancer uses Dark Magic on top of that. Summoner comes second. Sorcerer comes in third because Dark Magic coupled with Thunder Magic is good! (Dread Fighter nearly got into top 3 because magic + axes, but landed in fourth.)

2. More customization options for Avatar. Specifically beards for male Avatar.

Is it time for comics about the circustances of Robin's inclusion in Smash yet? I think so!

I will try to edit them into my post one-by-one, but if my browser crashes, fair warning, double posts are incoming.

*insert comics here*
These are awesome!

EDIT: Because I dont want to doublepost:

Here, since I'm a fairly recent Fire Emblem fan, and have only played Awakening so far, I'll ask a few questions. Feel free to elaborate and go into detail for any of these:

1. Awakening. Sacred Stones is a close second though.
2. Shadow Dragon, I'd say.
3. Permadeath and limited resources. Also that the characters who become the most powerful aren't necessarily the best for the job.
4. Fire Emblem. Rekka no Ken if you wonder. (AKA the GBA FE that first made it over to the west.) Sacred Stones is the first GBA FE that I first owned though.
5. Super Smash Bros. Melee introduced both me and my sister to the FE series through Marth and Roy. From there on out, I got into the series when I tried GBA Fire Emblem, and my sister got into the series when I got Sacred Stones.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Thunder spells could have a variant that does less damage but stuns more (making it more like Zamus's stun gun) and vice versa.
Arcfire could have greater range and less power and vice versa.
Elwind could have a single stronger shot or something.
Nosferatu could have less range and more damage/healing and vice versa.

But, more generally, I had the thought that Robin's Custom Moves may give fewer or more user of a specific tome. Robin may be unique in that regard.
Well , seeing how the behaviour of Marios Fireball (neutral B) works with customisation, maybe Thunder will simply fire in an arc, or diagonally upwards, or split into 3 weaker versions. or go directly upwards... ArcFire might push back like Lucas' PKF instead of using that flame pillar from Ness' PKF and so on.

EDIT : Just had another thought about ElWind: Maybe it is simply omnidirectional like Fox' rescue? I don't really think it is, because i did not witness any kind of wind up that would allow for redirecting the blade...Then again, one picture DOES show Robin throwing ElWind at a diagonal angle... So it might aswell be. Would get rid of the "But what happens if I'm on the ground"-Problem, aswell as his "lack" of coverage - well, spell/projectile coverage - for the space above him.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
All the DLC artwork was downright horrible other than the King who wields my username.

Personally, I DID like Roy's design... Lyn's was pretty decent, too.

Heck, Lyn is the ONLY DLC female character I really liked that much, and even then she was only "decent."

I take it back, the pose definitely tries to sexualize her. Nevermind. Her feet are so frickin' narrow, too. I swear SHE has hooves in that artwork. :p

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I know why Sakurai chose Robin and most people requesting Chrom wanted him and are so fed up that Chrom isn't playable. The difference is Sakurai ACTUALLY played the game.

(Not saying all Chrom fans say that, but a large portion of them I've heard keep saying Chrom should've been the rep and not Robin, but they also admit they don't know anything about Fire Emblem.)

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Awakening DLC designs I liked included Roy, Leif, Alm, Seliph, Ephraim and Katarina.

Everything else was... kind of average at best... :|

Top Bottom