• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Gigawattz

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1478-3568-2454
Well, maybe. Since Robin seems to have some properties of Project M Ivysaur (a grablike move that steals health and a powerful, piercing, long range charge beam) Robin's Kirby hat may get something like Ivy's. Kirby's Ivy hat gets limited uses, so maybe Kirby's Robin hat can too. Of course, these comparisons to PM Ivysaur are likely coincidental.

Or, perhaps, Kirby will only get the currently charged spell.
I think that Kirby will most likely get access to all the Thunder moves, but he will lose the power permanently when that single tome runs out of uses, and he will have to copy Robin again for another tome.

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
I think that Kirby will most likely get access to all the Thunder moves, but he will lose the power permanently when that single tome runs out of uses, and he will have to copy Robin again for another tome.
I gotta admit, now that we know how Robin's durability system works, it's gonna be interesting how it effects Kirby. Perhaps Kirby gets the regenerating tomes, but can only charge up to Arcthunder?

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I just bought a 32 gig SD card for my 3DS, so I'll most likely be downloading Smash while I'm off at college. I hope my classes aren't too bad around October, because my life is going to be 100% Smash for at least a month.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, I guess it's time for my introduction.

I'm RaccoonBL, please call me Raccoon.

I first played Smash 64 with my cousins at a time before melee came out. As being incredibly young at the time, I don't remember much of the experience.

Then I played melee a little bit later. I don't know when exactly, but it was around the time I was in either kindergarden or first grade. I was horrible at the games. It took me a while just to learn what recovering was. It took me a while to figure out how to use smash attacks. And lastly it took me awhile to figure out how to even play the single player modes. >.>

I figured it out eventually of course and started having loads of fun. I don't remember who my main was, but I remember playing Pichu and Falco a whole bunch. :p

Just like many, this was the first time I encountered Fire Emblem. Marth was pretty cool. :3

Fast forward to 4th grade and I played brawl all the time. I loved Brawl. I have many fond memories of it and my main back then was sonic, (now it's Pikachu). I still prefer to play brawl over melee.

Anyway, about a year ago, I decided to pick up Fire emblem Awakening because it was everywhere and getting all these good reviews. Not only that, but a friend of mine recommended to me. So during the summer break, I decided to buy the game. It was an incredible experience and I loved every second of it.

Robin is interesting for me because he is the second character I wanted but didn't think had a chance so I didn't pay them any mind. The first being Rosalina. Robin is also exciting because he fills my "magic user" character I wanted for so long. <3

I'm excited to main both Rosalina & Luma and Robin. :D

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Link
"HYAH! ... SHAH...hyah..."
:troll:
That's exactly what I was thinking about. Link should never talk at all, even if he's confessing his love to someone. xD

Come to think of it, a good portion of the Smashers don't seem to speak any real-world languages at all, or are heroic mimes. This will be difficult.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I want to see what you will do with Pikachu, @ AustarusIV AustarusIV ; Remember that Pikachu creates specific combinations of its name to call people, like "PikaPi" for Ash, "Pikachupi" for Misty, "Pipipi" for Togepi, "PikakaPika" for Bulbasaur, etc. What would be the world for Robin? :p Yes, I pay attention to what Pikachu says in the anime, don't judge me.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I would think that since Kirby always copies the special moves perfectly except where concessions have to be made (like Olimar Kirby or Rosalina Kirby), what probably would happen is Robin Kirby would just also have a cooldown after his Thunder Tome's decay trashes it.

Last edited:

PTSD Espurr

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking of compiling a list of confession quotes for each Smasher regarding Robin. I only made one so far (Ridley, who's only a potential candidate), but now I'm yearning to create more.

EDIT: Here's one so far:

Mario
"Yahoo! You've-a-made me the luckiest man in the whole world! Just think of all the adventures we can take together, as heroes!"
Mario and Luigi have to talk like they did in the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. That or like the cutscenes from Hotel Mario.
This isn't a request, it's a law.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I want to see what you will do with Pikachu, @ AustarusIV AustarusIV ; Remember that Pikachu creates specific combinations of its name to call people, like "PikaPi" for Ash, "Pikachupi" for Misty, "Pipipi" for Togepi, "PikakaPika" for Bulbasaur, etc. What would be the world for Robin? :p Yes, I pay attention to what Pikachu says in the anime, don't judge me.
I haven't watched the Pokemon anime since 2003 (I think), but I'll take that into consideration, Reila!

Also, I just thought about how Mr. Game & Watch's "confession" could play out. Game & Watch is known for borrowing elements from all the games in his library, so I imagine that instead of talking like the other characters, he'll create hearts that will float over his head . His classic beeps would also sound more pleasant to the ears, and could possibly be interpreted as him saying "I love you".

...Oh Sakurai, thank you so much for making Robin playable, so that I can actually contribute to something that's worthwhile here.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Mario and Luigi have to talk like they did in the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. That or like the cutscenes from Hotel Mario.
This isn't a request, it's a law.
I was thinking that Luigi's confession would have to involve the number two, but that works too.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Omg, it would be brutal if Robin used his Final Smash on Lucina.

Lucina getting OBLITERATED by her husband (RobinxLucina) or mother (Robin!Lucina) along with her father. :sadeyes:

Hokori

Great King of Evil

Lucina getting OBLITERATED by her husband (RobinxLucina) or mother (Robin!Lucina) along with her father. :sadeyes:
I actually haven't thought about that until you brought it up...sheesh. Remind me to never do that :crying:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Probably this, yes. Any comparisons to PM are likely imagined.

D

Deleted member

Well Mario can fry his brother, his love interest, his noble steed, and now his good Space Queen Friend with his final smash and Falco/Fox can obliterate each other with theirs.

Not to mention DK and Diddy can destroy each other...Link can destroy Zelda and vice versa...etc.

They may not be actually "married" but a lot of other characters destroy each other when they have canonically close (or sometimes actually blood-related, in the case of Mario/Luigi being brothers, DK/Diddy being uncle/nephew, etc.) relationships with each other.

I don't see why Robin and Lucina are exceptions to this rule, it's not like they're Ridley when it comes to the size argument or anything. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Well Mario can fry his brother his love interest, his noble steed, and now his good Space Queen Friend with his final smash and Falco/Fox can obliterate each other with theirs.

Not to mention DK and Diddy can destroy each other...Link can destroy Zelda and vice versa...etc.

They may not be actually "married" but a lot of other characters destroy each other when they have canonically close (or sometimes actual blood, in the case of Mario/Luigi being brothers, DK/Diddy being uncle/nephew, etc.) relationships with each other.

I don't see why Robin and Lucina are exceptions to this rule, it's not like they're Ridley when it comes to the size argument or anything. :p
Because unlike all those other characters, they didn't get this heartfelt scene. :sadeyes:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
S-Support between :4robinm:/:4robinf: & :popo:...you guys are lucky that there is no Nana included...:popo::popo::popo::popo::popo:

But Robin can S-Support anyone, so this (:4mii:) is best case scenario.

Because unlike all those other characters, they didn't get this heartfelt scene. :sadeyes:

Ooooooh can you imagine the feels if they had voice acting like in the trailer?! Oooooooh

EDIT - LOL! I just caught sight of the "Fram Blam" image and lost it. This is what I'm saying from now on *Wipes away tear*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, you don't have to build supports so that Lucina will love you, I didn't ship Lucina x Robin in my first playthrough so I got a completely different scene.

Meanwhile all the other relationships I've mentioned have been/are developed and have scenes happen without any of the player's influence (such as picking support conversations).

:p

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
I'm sure I'm ultra late but I wanted to point out that we now have confirmation of all four of Robin's specials.

B - Elthunder
B-Side - Elfire
B-Up - Elwind
B-Down - Nosferatu

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
1) Who is your favorite Fire Emblem character?
2) Who is your favorite blue haired lord?

1) Nephenee
2) Lucina

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I've got some!

1. Your favorite class in the entire series?

2. One aspect of Awakening you'd change?

Oh! And to give my own answers:

1. Marksman. (3rd tier Archer, RD) So good. Shinon especially gave no ****s, and extra range for EVERY bow is so ****ing good.

2. Magic. It's not that I'd change it all, but I'd make it so more classes (Dark Knight and Dark Flier and Grandmaster anyone?) can use Dark tomes, and I'd make Light Magic a thing, because I miss it.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Is it time for comics about the circustances of Robin's inclusion in Smash yet? I think so!

I will try to edit them into my post one-by-one, but if my browser crashes, fair warning, double posts are incoming.

[1/4]

[2/4]

[3/4]

[4/4]

Last edited:

PTSD Espurr

Smash Cadet
I've got some!

1. Probably dread fighter because i like magic swordsmen and the outfit looks cool
2. Being able to see the events that lead to the creation of the children generation ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
JK, JK, I'd like to be able to change more aspects of MU's appearance (i.e. eye color, skin tone, facial hair, etc.)

Is it time for comics about the circustances of Robin's inclusion in Smash yet? I think so!

I will try to edit them into my post one-by-one, but if my browser crashes, fair warning, double posts are incoming.

[1/4]

Think Robin would let me borrow some of his tomes?:4pacman:

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I must be the only one who doesn't care for Roy in Melee and ESPECIALLY not Binding Blade.

He wasn't a very interesting character, and I dunno, I never liked his design. Oh, and basic sword wielding lord. Robin wears t3h ph1r3 better.

#ShotsFired

Note: This post is not meant as a slight against sword-wielders, or Lucina, who I find a much more interesting character than Roy based on her own game.

It's more that I find people who didn't want Chrom, but ask for a non-clone Roy funny.
I didn't care much for Roy in Binding Blade or Melee, either. Fact is, Roy was popular because of Melee and his cool fire effects. With alternate skins confirmed as possibilities, I think Roy will be an alternate skin of Ike.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It could happen...I'm unsure their build is similar enough, but that's yet to be determined I suppose.

The only alt character I'm 100% sure of is Dark Pit.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
I've got some!

1. Necromancer in first, Summoner in second.
Honorable mentions to: Sniper and Wyvern Lord

2. I would make it so the children didn't completely outclass their parents.

Also, with regard to Tharja... Tharja x Kellam is as safe as a house.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ugh.

You just had to ask what our fave class is for the series huh?

That is literally impossible for me.

Myrmidon line, Mercenary line, Mage line, Dark Mage line, Dark Flier, Dark Knight, Light Mage line, Mage Knight, Tactician line, Thief line, Manakete, Laguz, Taguel, Pegasus Knight line, Valkyrie, Dancer, Dread Fighter, Bride, Wyvern Rider line, Soldier line. They are all awesome.

I seriously cannot pick.

As for what I would change in Awakening. That easy. I would change the map designs to have more variety and not be so ginormous all the time and require actual strategy and have a variety of different goals.

Last edited:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I wonder how is it possible for Robin to keep their opponent stuck in place, Palutena seemed to stay there, unable to move for the duration of the move. Does it have a timed duration? If not then that's gonna be a broken move. ...At least until the tome breaks.

Haha, broken until it breaks.

Last edited:

PTSD Espurr

Smash Cadet
Here, since I'm a fairly recent Fire Emblem fan, and have only played Awakening so far, I'll ask a few questions. Feel free to elaborate and go into detail for any of these:

1. What's your favorite FE game?
2. What's your LEAST favorite FE game?
3. What do you think really sets the FE franchise apart from other strategy titles?
4. What was the first FE title that you played?
5. How were you introduced to the FE series?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Bride WAS an incredibly good class. I mean Rally Heart is cray.

Here, since I'm a fairly recent Fire Emblem fan, and have only played Awakening so far, I'll ask a few questions. Feel free to elaborate and go into detail for any of these:

3. What do you think really sets the FE franchise apart from other strategy titles?
1. Path of Radiance, with Radiant Dawn second. Ike is the absolute best lord, both mechanically and from a character standpoint. The story was amazing, the maps were great, and overall it was a very memorable experience.

2. Binding Blade. Roy is basically the antithesis of Ike. He's bland, a royal, and a completely godawful unit. The game's story leaves much to be desired, and the maps are huge, but more confusing thanAwakening's. unit recruitment reqs were sometimes bull****. (That one Nomad character tho.) and the overall experience just made me unhappy.

3. The risks, and how memorable the characters are. The series is excellent as a strategy series, but it wouldn't stand out if it didn't have it's characters, and a possibility to lose them. It makes the game both highly replayable and exciting.

4. I played Sacred Stones most of the way through, but my save got deleted and I didn't pick it up again until later. The first I FINISHED was Awakening, and have since then played every international game and Binding Blade.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Bride is really mediocre. The weapon spread is awkward, the stat caps are booty, and the skills are meh at best.

Rally Spectrum BOPS Rally Heart.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Soldier

Add a difficulty level between hard and lunatic

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero

5. How were you introduced to the FE series?
Good grief. Enough with the interrogations already.

Path of Radiance for story, Radiant Dawn for Gameplay.
Awakening (I still love the game though)
It's simple and clear cut and is not too complicate but still, usually, requires good use of strategy.
Shadow Dragon
Technically Melee, but at that time I didn't what games Marth and Roy were from and didn't care enough to look up. So I consider a my first introduction to them to be from a Nintendo Power magazine that was doing an RPG blow out.

You could have found out these last 2 answers from by reading my intro though lol.

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
It honestly felt very surreal to have Robin in Smash for the first few days, but I think it is starting to settle in my mind. I don't think I could have asked more for how she turned out, but I just want to get the full details on her tomes and durability. Regardless, I have found my new main.

PTSD Espurr

Smash Cadet
Good grief. Enough with the interrogations already.

Path of Radiance for story, Radiant Dawn for Gameplay.
Awakening (I still love the game though)
It's simple and clear cut and is not too complicate but still, usually, requires good use of strategy.
Shadow Dragon
Technically Melee, but at that time I didn't what games Marth and Roy were from and didn't care enough to look up. So I consider a my first introduction to them to be from a Nintendo Power magazine that was doing an RPG blow out.

You could have found out these last 2 answers from by reading my intro though lol.
Lol it was a general series of questions for everyone reading the thread

Top Bottom