• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice

I love this book meme.
Hahaha, that's brilliant. Robin concentrate on the fight not at the ladies, you can flirt later after you've cleared the map!

Good job there isn't a female Robin version of this... else it would have to be a rather long fold out book, and she wouldn't even get to get part way through without being attacked. Hahaha.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I actually felt the Pair Up (or Dual System) mechanic of the game was its worst aspect. I loved the shipping, don't mistake that, but the pairing up just made you so obscenely stronger than every enemy. And you couldn't even really avoid it, since you couldn't form character walls without it auto pairing.
Hmmm, after Radiant Dawn's awful support system it seemed great. But I see where you're coming from.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Hahaha, that's brilliant. Robin concentrate on the fight not at the ladies, you can flirt later after you've cleared the map!

Good job there isn't a female Robin version of this... else it would have to be a rather long fold out book, and she wouldn't even get to get part way through without being attacked. Hahaha.
While there are a lot of male characters in Smash, not a lot of them are attractive, so I don't think the book would be too long tbh :p

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Shadow Dragon actually had good map variety, it's just that they all had the same goal.

The Pair Up mechanic is good in theory, but it was poorly executed. I wouldn't mind it coming back, but it needs to be tweaked some so that it isn't required to be the harder difficulties and so it doesn't over power you. The theory behind Pair Up was that you would get a stronger unit, but you would also lose a unit on the map for a clear cute risk VS reward scenario, but in practice it was all reward and no risk.

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
But does Falcon have Armsthrift? Because Smash Robin clearly doesn't.
My god... for everyone else's sake you'd hope not.

Though that does bring up a good point Armsthrift is basically, next to Galeforce is THE skill to have. (Though personally I also love counter and errr life stealer? (can't remember it's exact name despite a lot of my army having it haha)

Reila

....No, true... but the potential for the most world destroying pairing ever would be possible.

Captain Falcon and Robin...

That Morgan would just instant win everything.
You know, that is one more reason why :4robinf: should have been featured during the CG part of the trailer. Shipping her with C. Falcon would be much easier. Though if one is into yaoi, there is nothing stopping them from shipping :4robinm: with him. :p

How about Ridley x Robin

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The only thing I took from Robin and Falcon in the trailer is that they are eternal rivals.

They're always having a ****ing go Zangoose/Seviper style every time they meet.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Well, liked it initially. Now I can't be bothered to go beyond Chapter 10.

But the same can be said for a lot of games right now. Stopped at the Zeekeeper in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, stopped at Garden of Hope in Pikmin 3, hell I'm at Phaaze right now in Metroid Prime 3 and I can't be bothered to finish it. I'm pulling a Professor Finbarr Calamitous where I can't finish anything I start at the moment.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You know, that is one more reason why :4robinf: should have been featured during the CG part of the trailer. Shipping her with C. Falcon would be much easier. Though if one is into yaoi, there is nothing stopping them from shipping :4robinm: with him. :p

How about Ridley x Robin
I already thought of a confession scene between the two (Robin and Ridley).

"How is it possible that I fell for a human, and for you of all people? It does not matter if I die a thousand more deaths; I promise you that the Space Pirates will be at your side forever."

Captain Falcon will probably just say "YES!", and then proceed to punch any potential love interest who dares come close to his wife.

D

Deleted member

How about Ridley x Robin
All taken care of in the Ridley thread; we don't care for the gender/sexual orientation of Ridley's partner either, don't you worry.

Also what @ AustarusIV AustarusIV said.

BUT, to make it official (seeing as how I'm the one that runs the Shipping Department over there)

Robin (M/F) X Ridley?

:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Inb4 Robin's 40+ matchup threads begin with a confession line spoken by the opponent the respective thread is about.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
While there are a lot of male characters in Smash, not a lot of them are attractive, so I don't think the book would be too long tbh :p
You don't want to see the S-support conversation between :4robinf: and :gw:?

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
All taken care of in the Ridley thread; we don't care for the gender/sexual orientation of Ridley's partner either, don't you worry.

Also what @ AustarusIV AustarusIV said.

BUT, to make it official (seeing as how I'm the one that runs the Shipping Department over there)

Robin (M/F) X Ridley?

:p

How about Ridley x Robin
The Ridley thread is definitely leaking

I am sorry
I doubt it :p

On a more FE note, how awesome would it be if there was a support conversation between the avatar and each other smasher? Kinda like Snake's debriefings in Brawl, but different. Of course, some would have to be jokes, and some would have to be her trying to befriend a pokemon or something.

Last edited:

Reila

You don't want to see the S-support conversation between :4robinf: and :gw:?
It is the thought of :4robinf: and :sonic:that terrifies me. I am yet to recover from seeing this abomination of a couple in Sonic 2006:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It is the thought of :4robinf: and :sonic:that terrifies me. I am yet to recover from seeing this abomination of a couple in Sonic 2006:

Nothing quite as amusing as the good old Sonic X Octopus Face ship

A "seal" of approval to whoever gets that reference

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
The Ridley thread is definitely leaking

I doubt it :p

On a more FE note, how awesome would it be if there was a support conversation between the avatar and each other smasher? Kinda like Snake's debriefings in Brawl, but different. Of course, some would have to be jokes, and some would have to be her trying to befriend a pokemon or something.
I don't want to get my hopes up too much...but I have to admit that would be amazing.

There would have to be an entirely new Smash Rule. You must let Robin do a support conversation before the battle can begin. (Much like the Captain Falcon must be able to taunt before the battle is allowed to begin.) I would be all for this.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Octopus ship

seal
are we doing ocean ships?

I have an ocean ship

I don't want to get my hopes up too much...but I have to admit that would be amazing.

There would have to be an entirely new Smash Rule. You must let Robin do a support conversation before the battle can begin. (Much like the Captain Falcon must be able to taunt before the battle is allowed to begin.) I would be all for this.
Well, Sakurai does try to incorporate as much from the games as possible. I wouldn't bet on it or anything, but you never know.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Hmm...could Robin be shipped with his/her opposite sex counterpart? I'll have to speculate on this, for the sake of the Smash community.

*barfs*

Please, no. Despite the fact that I'm interested in seeing the potential confession quotes for each Smasher, I would stay away from Sonic like the plague.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Just noticed that the Robin general discussion thread is the largest confirmed character thread in the SSB4 subforum.

...Good job, everyone.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
I just noticed that the pillar of flame in the Arcfire gif slowly falls to the ground after hitting Sheik. So I guess that confirms that the pillar is affected by gravity like PK Fire is, unless I'm imagining it of course. It seems likely to be the case either way.

D

Deleted member

Hmm...could Robin be shipped with his/her opposite sex counterpart? I'll have to speculate on this, for the sake of the Smash community.

*barfs*

Please, no. Despite the fact that I'm interested in seeing the potential confession quotes for each Smasher, I would stay away from Sonic like the plague.
As long as it's not Robin X Morgan (for obvious reasons) then I'll roll with it.

This joke will never die.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Alright I'm really confused. If doin' it with a clone is considered masturbation, what about with yourself from an alternate universe? And where do the different Robins fall on that spectrum? They don't really fit clone or different universe. Different... timelines?

We need to start testing this. For, err, science.

Reila

I think they call it "selfcest", but I can't answer any of your question, Phaazoid.

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Don't know if anyone posted this yet, but here it is anyways:
Link: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...-drain-health-super-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4th - http://www.eventhubs.com/images/201...ask-taunt-robin-and-captain-falcons-moves-04/
3rd - http://www.eventhubs.com/images/201...ask-taunt-robin-and-captain-falcons-moves-03/

Robin
Famitsu also provided a very detailed rundown of Robin's special moves in the game (3rd and 4thimages). Check out our translation of the details below:

Robin's Forward Smash
This move strikes your opponent with Robin's Levin Sword. However, as you can only use Robin's Levin Sword attacks a certain number of times, once you've run out of uses, this attack will hit with a regular bronze sword instead.

Forward air attack
When performing this move, if you were to smash the analog stick in the forward direction, Robin will attack with his Levin Sword for additional electric damage. But like all of Robin's Levin Sword attacks, you can only use the improved version a finite number of times.

Down+B: Nosferatu
Purple-black smog in the shape of a snake appears right in front of Robin when this move is used. If your opponent is hit by it, he or she will be "cursed" by the spell. When a cursed opponent is hit, Robin's health meter will recover. What's also interesting is that if the cursed opponent is struck from the back, the amount of health Robin recovers will be larger.

Neutral B: Thunder
Hitting the button once will activate a charging period for Robin's Thunder spell, and hitting it again will cast it. The amount of time Robin charges will determine the version of the spell cast (Thunder, Elthunder, Arcthunder, or Thoron).

While charging, you can also hit the shield button to cancel the move and store the charge -- the next time you hit the B button, Robin will resume charging from wherever you left off previously.(This will be very important imo)

Up+B: Elwind
When this special move is performed in the air, Robin produces two green projectiles that he sends flying downwards, which simultaneously propels him upwards. However, you can only use this move a limited number of times. Once you've exceeded the number of uses, Robin will not produce the projectiles or jump higher.

Side+B: Arcfire
Robin produces a projectile that flies diagonally downwards. When the projectile comes into contat with the stage, an opponent, or an item, it will generate a pillar of fire that spreads upwards, and deal area damage to anyone nearby.

Source: Weekly Famitsu magazine. Sent in by an anonymous tipster.

D

Deleted member

A bunch of some cool Robin-related pics from Miiverse:

Obvious joke was obvious, but it had to be made anyway:

And finally, my personal favorite:

Can't wait to see Shulk getting his revenge in his reveal trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
I think they call it "selfcest", but I can't answer any of your question, Phaazoid.

So much Blue.

Inb4 you can customize Robin's hair color.

6/6 for Blue haired Fire Emblem Reps.
(Because Chrom is still "sorta" in the game)

Wish they added Cordelia just so that you'd see that stupidly obvious contrast

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
To clear up confusion:

Robin's grab/throw animation has him holding the opponent with his Sword Hand with the sword in reverse grip.
I just noticed: Robin's holding the Thunder tome in that clip. Could his pummel also change depending on his current tome?

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
Congrats to Robin and Lucina supporters! :D
You guys destroyed the gematsu leak and brought back the hype feeling of having newcomers!

the obvious taunt to Chrom's deconfirmation
Dude, I never noticed that before, but MAN THAT IS HILARIOUS

Top Bottom