• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Yeah. What stinks for me is that the 3DS version gets released two moths after I start back at College, luckily I only have two classes to take though.
Yeah, my concentration may take a hit when this game come out.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yeah. What stinks for me is that the 3DS version gets released two moths after I start back at College, luckily I only have two classes to take though.
The great thing of the 3DS version is that you can take it to college, to play there when there is some free time! :)

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Any info on the pic where Zelda's cancelling out a lightning attack?
From what I can read (my kanji is horrible), I believe it's saying you can cancel Thunder charges with shield button. So you can charge up to say, ArcThunder, and keep it for later instead of waiting for Thoron.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
From what I can read (my kanji is horrible), I believe it's saying you can cancel Thunder charges with shield button. So you can charge up to say, ArcThunder, and keep it for later instead of waiting for Thoron.
It kind of looks like Robin creates a lightning shield when doing that. It is like an instant Pit's Shield when you do it like that?

D

Deleted member

We're all missing the fact Wii Fit Trainer will be top tier.

.....I really hope I'm wrong about that.
Her being top is looking pretty damn likely, I mean, a Neutral Combo String that buries the opponent?

WHAT?

It's sooooo good.

Anyways glad to hear our special direction theories were right, and I guess this means that the Smash attack shown with the Levin Sword was an F-Smash, yes?

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The great thing of the 3DS version is that you can take it to college, to play there when there is some free time! :)
I don't want it stolen. I would rather have it to blow off some steam after taking some tests.

Though, College comes first.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
It kind of looks like Robin creates a lightning shield when doing that. It is like an instant Pit's Shield when you do it like that?
It's possible. The only thing I am absolutely certain it says is that pressing the Shield Button cancels something during Thunder.

Last edited:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
My biggest worry right now is tome regeneration. Getting caught without a tomb and no Elwind for recovery is a level of jankiness that I'd not be happy with.

Also I only have like a 1st grader's level of known Kanji so the best I could do for translating that article is create a giant mad lib but I don't want to give any false info like that.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
My biggest worry right now is tome regeneration. Getting caught without a tomb and no Elwind for recovery is a level of jankiness that I'd not be happy with.

Also I only have like a 1st grader's level of known Kanji so the best I could do for translating that article is create a giant mad lib but I don't want to give any false info like that.
I can recognize some kanji radicals and such, but most of my info I'm getting from combining the Katakana I can read, trailer analysis, and Miiverse posts. So I feel your pain. Perhaps combining our forces we could read more?

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Just get good and get smart. Don't spam your recovery.

Problem solved.

Last edited:

Reila

I don't want it stolen. I would rather have it to blow off some steam after taking some tests.

Though, College comes first.
Can't blame you, I hardly take my handhelds outside, for the fear of having them stolen.

Robertzombie2

Smash Cadet
http:// www. eventhubs. com/news/2014/jul/16/lucina-has-mask-taunt-robins-downb-special-can-curse-his-opponents-drain-health-super-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds/

eventhubs article about the scan (please connect the spaces I can't post links yet)

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Kinda like when Snake could stop his Side-B in Brawl with the Shield Button?
Yeah. Also similar to say, Samus cutting her charge shot short or Sheik cancelling her needle charge. I think the "lightning shield-esque" graphic might just be the 3DS' rendition of El/Arc Thunder (not sure which)

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I always go everywhere with my 3DS because of StreetPass. College campuses are perfect for that. If you go to school where many people have a 3DS anyway.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
I didn't even answer my own question! Oh, dear.

1. Who is your favorite FE character?
-Hector, but for non-lords it has to be Zelgius

2. Who is your favorite blue-haired lord?
-Hector, of course.

3. What FE weapon is your favorite?
Armads by far. Hector's unique animation made me :surprised::surprised: back in the day.

4. If Robin could wield any weapon in Smash, what would you choose?
Chrom! :troll:
(but really: Gleipnir... I like Rekka No Ken, okay?)

5. What is your favorite class for Robin?
Grandmaster

6. What is your favorite marriage partner for Robin/favorite support conversations?
The first time I played the game I went with Miriel because she was hilarious... so let's go with that.

7. What is your favorite parent for Morgan?
Aversa.

... Tharja, though.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Finally there's a social thread excellent. I will try to learn this character and Lucina when the game drops along with waiting for Falco in the game. I'll give a introduction later but otherwise hello to you all.

Last edited:

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
ALSO! down b curses the opponent!

" When a cursed opponent is hit, Robin's health meter will recover. What's also interesting is that if the cursed opponent is struck from the back, the amount of health Robin recovers will be larger."

SO COOL!!!!

Robertzombie2

Smash Cadet
if you land the command grab from behind it increases just the healing done and not the damage???.... lame

Last edited:

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
To those who are curious about the Japanese reaction to the inclusion of Robin and Lucina, you can find the original reveal through this link.

I found it by searching up ルフレ (Reflet, default name for JP version).

Disclaimer: Not a reaction, seems to be the original reveal, though I can't watch it due to not having an account
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24005459?ref=search_key_video

Need to make an account before watching videos, so to those that already have one, I suggest starting through the link.

Seems like Japanese fans like to watch our reactions to reveals, all I can find is "foreign" reaction videos.
(Fans presumably form the Americas).

Last edited:

Reila

Guys

Stop with the creepy stuff, please

pls

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
ALSO! down b curses the opponent!

" When a cursed opponent is hit, Robin's health meter will recover. What's also interesting is that if the cursed opponent is struck from the back, the amount of health Robin recovers will be larger."

SO COOL!!!!
Ohhhh Robin will definitely require proper tactics to master, given how bad his roll is lol. It's gonna be hard in 1 vs 1 to use the HP stealing Nosferatu.

Last edited:

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
Ohhhh Robin will definitely require proper tactics to master, given how bad his roll is lol. It's gonna be hard in 1 vs 1 to use the HP stealing Nosferatu.
Yeah, and her run speed didnt look great either... hmm... tricky tricky.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Will definitely have fun being a troll in FFAs though. And in 2v1 Team Battle scenarios.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
...what attack is that in the pic with Fem Robin and Zelda? It isn't a Zelda attack I've ever seen and Light Magic wasn't even in Awakening...
I'm guessing it a charged up Thunder attack.

It seems like you can charge up Thunder attack, I'm guessing a quick press gives you the small bolts we saw in the video and holding it will charge the book up to do a more powerful Thunder attack like Arcthunder or Thoron.

I think the one in the pic might be Arcthunder before it hits someone.

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
Thunder is charge shot yesssssssssssssssssssss. He even has a little samus in him <3

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I always go everywhere with my 3DS because of StreetPass. College campuses are perfect for that. If you go to school where many people have a 3DS anyway.
Unfortunately, my College is not really Nintendoesque. You rarely see any games there that aren't Emulators/Roms.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So guys, apparently Chrom was meant to be a character before Lucina, and paired up with Robin at that. You know what that means? Robin was planned from the start! <3

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Ok, some tidbits from the Famitsu pic:

- It says that the forward smash with the Levin sword deals "electric damage" as well
- Forward-B, Arc Fire, is a projectile fired forward at an angle that is activated when it hits the ground, an opponent or an item
- The recovery is like we've seen in the trailer, with two winds fired down and shooting Robin up - it also says that if you run out of uses nothing will happen if Robin try to use it
- Neutral B, the Thunder, works like we've been thinking. You cycle through the moves by pressing B, and when you press B again you fire. They also added though that if you press the shield button you can save your current cycle to use later.

Edit: they also mention that the Levin Sword and the tomes have a "limited amount of uses" and that when used up won't be useable again for sometime. They also mention a way to "recover" the lost ability, but I don't understand the context for it - my japanese doesn't cover it lol. But something like it recovering when you get hit / miss / die or such. Somebody else will need to confirm.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Yeah, and her run speed didnt look great either... hmm... tricky tricky.
Will definitely have fun being a troll in FFAs though. And in 2v1 Team Battle scenarios.
It's almost a bit threatening isn't it? Assuming the HP gain is decent, the first thing that would come up in any 1vs1/2v1 opponent's mind/tactics would be, "Oh crap, they chose Robin, I better watch my back."

Ok, some tidbits from the Famitsu pic:

- It says that the forward smash with the Levin sword deals "electric damage" as well
- Forward-B, Arc Fire, is a projectile fired forward at an angle that is activated when it hits the ground, an opponent or an item
- The recovery is like we've seen in the trailer, with two winds fired down and shooting Robin up - it also says that if you run out of uses nothing will happen if Robin try to use it
- Neutral B, the Thunder, works like we've been thinking. You cycle through the moves by pressing B, and when you press B again you fire. They also added though that if you press down you can save your current cycle to use later.
Oh wow, so you DO lose your recovery? That's scary..

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So guys, apparently Chrom was meant to be a character before Lucina, and paired up with Robin at that. You know what that means? Robin was planned from the start! <3
Weren't all of the SSB4 characters announced before development of SSB4? I recall Sakurai officially saying that.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Oh wow, so you DO lose your recovery? That's scary..
Yeah it basically says...

"You fire two projectiles almost straight down while in the air. While doing so the great recoil will make Robin jump in the air. If this attack has been used up the projectile can't be fired and he won't jump." Or something like that.

Last edited:

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
After having read the last few pages and everything new we've learned; I'm even more excited, if that's possible.

Top Bottom