• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
You mean how he beat--it was Nietono I think?--at CEO? Dunno how he pulled that one when :4diddy: MU kinda sucks
Was pretty impressive, actually. He got knocked around in Game 1 but brought it back and even won Game 3 with a 2 stock! Then he came within a stone's throw of beating Mr. R and might've actually done if it he hadn't SDed early in Game 3! It was last stock, damn near last hit!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Guys, i just found this and... and... just read it for your self

That poor poor person...

:135:
Ouch. 280 bucks down the drain for a subpar action platformer whose creator could only call it "better than nothing." Normally I don't like to talk trash about games I haven't played, but everything I've seen and heard about MN9 is just..... bad.

On a much more positive note, I shamelessly recommend everyone here check out Voltron: Legendary Defender on Netflix.

It's, wonderful!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

That poor poor person...

Huh. 280 bucks gone to waste. Sucks to be him...or her.

No way in hell I'm wasting my hard working money on a game almost nobody cares about.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well it seems I missed a bit of posts while I was gone this past week. It took me a while to catch up. I was on vacation the past week and now I'm back.

So how is everyone?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

That poor poor person...

A moment of silence to not only this poor soul, but to the 71,494 backers that lost their money to this game.

It's actually pretty fun looking back at that Mighty No.9 gallery on KYM. All those old posts praising the game, and all the posts mocking it now.

I never backed this game during the Kickstarter period. I didn't grow up playing Mega Man so I wasn't desperate for a new game like all those people were.

D

Deleted member

A moment of silence to not only this poor soul, but to the 71,494 backers that lost their money to this game.

It's actually pretty fun looking back at that Mighty No.9 gallery on KYM. All those old posts praising the game, and all the posts mocking it now.

I never backed this game during the Kickstarter period. I didn't grow up playing Mega Man so I wasn't desperate for a new game like all those people were.
How naive we all were...

I didn't back this project. Like you, I didn't play any Mega Man games growing up and the games aren't my cup of tea, so I wasn't desperate for a new game that was like Mega Man. I didn't expect the game to be good after all of these mighty number delays, but this is just... pathetic.
The backers deserve something better.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well on a much brighter note, I recently got Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE in the mail yesterday.
The game is surprisingly good so far.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

No way in hell I'm wasting my hard working money on a game almost nobody cares about.
To be fair, a lot of people cared about it during its crowdfunding campaign. The teasers were very inciting, too.

But then the demo and the final product....
:196:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Reminder that $280 is just a drop in the bucket when you consider there are people that donated thousands to the campaign, too.

The game looked and sounded promising early on. As great as a spiritual successor to Megaman sounded I didn't donate to it myself for a variety of reasons (mostly that the kickstarter goal seemed obscenely high and poorly budgeted if Bloodstained was asking for $500k, or Shovel Knight $50k), but either way...this tweet's never been more relevant:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Ouch. 280 bucks down the drain for a subpar action platformer whose creator could only call it "better than nothing." Normally I don't like to talk trash about games I haven't played, but everything I've seen and heard about MN9 is just..... bad.

On a much more positive note, I shamelessly recommend everyone here check out Voltron: Legendary Defender on Netflix.

It's, wonderful!

Yeah. To be honest though, I had thought Might No.9 had already been released

Looking at these, i feel so sorry for all the fans. They have been want a new Mega Man for years and when the chance final turns up, it's just one bad joke that went to far.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
This is the most important announcement ever made. It's final happening.

Do the right thing and pick Marie!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
BREAKING NEWS! 7 brand new Pokemon were leaked last night and have subsequently been confirmed with this new trailer! Including a new Legendary Mon, Tapu Koko!

Edit - Reworded to be more clear and accurate.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So i final finished the BirthRights path way and am on too Conquest

however, i probably had on of the worst strategies very when trying to beat the final chapter....

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm on chapter 13 I think of Birthrights. Had the boss beat and just had to take care of the remaining enemies...and then Hinoka died to a crit. Can not stand it when an enemy with a high crit chance is tucked in at the back of a chapter. Reminds me of Laguz and Beorc from RD but at least that game had battle saves...unless you did hard mode which is not worth it at all.

They did a rather poor job with Zola. The moment I saw he wasn't a playable unit despite having his life saved and having shown to be capable of fighting, I knew he was gonna betray me, even after he saved Takumi. Bout to spoil something about Radiant Dawn too so stop reading if you wanna avoid spoilers for that game. RD had a similar case with the Black Knight and it was pretty obvious that he wouldn't be on your team forever and you'd eventually face him since he's such an important individual to the main character, Ike and he was already level 20, third tier with ridiculous stats joining in part 1 but you at least got to play as the guy to get the slightest hint that he may be on your side.

Also, my god, this series has changed so much. Like, the CG cutscene showing Camilla or whatever her name is on the Birthrights side. Like...just wow. Butt shot, vagina shot and boob shot. I'm not complaining per say, she is attractive but...it's so unneeded xD.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I hate it when that happens. Having beaten the boss in a chapter and then take care of the remaining enemies on the map, only to have one of your characters die? It really sucks especially if you worked really hard.

And the part about Camilla, her cutscene was perhaps the main reason why most people went drooling over her and/or prefer Nohr. I mean I like her too, I just don't like how she's been viewed as some sort of sex symbol or whatever.

Her cutscene wasn't really that impressive to me.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I hate it when that happens. Having beaten the boss in a chapter and then take care of the remaining enemies on the map, only to have one of your characters die? It really sucks especially if you worked really hard.

And the part about Camilla, her cutscene was perhaps the main reason why most people went drooling over her and/or prefer Nohr. I mean I like her too, I just don't like how she's been viewed as some sort of sex symbol or whatever.

Her cutscene wasn't really that impressive to me.
Well she is clearly designed with the intent of showing off her body and that cutscene further supports it. If she acts provocative in her supports and story cutscenes, that would further it too. I find her appearance cute, mostly her little head piece thing but her body isn't bad looking either. What little I've seen of her personality scares me though. Like, she says she'll pierce her blade through Corrin and then cradle them like when they were a baby...

As for the cutscene, eh, it was alright. I saw it while at work and my first thought was 'if anyone looks over my shoulder, they're gonna think I'm playing a hentai game or something' plus I was just laughing at it since it's so unnecessary. PoR and RD didn't have cutscenes like that.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
A Timeskip for RWBY Volume 4? Sure. Why not!

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Lmao, welp, I'm happy. Just beat the third final chapter of RD and what is, in my opinion, the hardest mandatory boss in the game in 2 turns thanks to triangle attack and the Double Bow being the most overpowered weapon in the game.

That's the same amount of turns I always beat the fourth final chapter in since that boss is sadly the easiest in the entire game. Literally impossible to lose if played right.

Gonna see about finishing this playthrough of RD tonight or maybe tomorrow and then I'm focusing on Birthrights and probably Starfox Zero.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Ah, so I should probably explain my newest title. I feel like I'm on the cusp of something here, that if I can just get past a couple more roadblocks I can really start to flourish as a player. Basically, it feels like I've hit Level 20 in my base class and now I just need to find the proverbial Master Seal.

Though I might end up changing anyway in a week, depending on who the Pokkén newcomer ends up being...

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Man, I've been all over the place for the past while with Sm4sh. Stopped using Mewtwo as much because **** using a character with an infinite, regardless of whether I use it or not or can even perform it and from there I've largely been picking my character based on what game I've been playing recently. Like, I was playing a lot of Robin when I was doing my Awakening Lunatic playthrough until I abandoned it then I played a lot of Kirby and MK...and tried enjoying D3 when Robobot was announced and after it came out and now I'm playing a lot of Roy since I've been playing Rekka no Ken. Hasn't been the case for every game though. I've got no desire to play a lot of Ike or Corrin despite having just beat RD again and currently playing Birthrights. Doubt I'll have some incredible urge to play Falco when I get to Starfox Zero and I haven't been able to play Fox since Melee.

Was bad enough to the point that I was debating who to 'main' again but halfway through typing up a huge post on the main advice thread thing in the Sm4sh general discussion, I realized that regardless of who I'm currently playing, in terms of skill and enjoyment I'm still a Robin/Mewtwo main with the latter slowly dropping off. I got better with Kirby and MK thanks to Robobot hype although my MK is still crap by tournament level standards (example being I never go for the pp shff bair stuff after throws because trying that with input delay online sounds like a nightmare) and I'm doing better with Roy thanks to tips from the CCI and playing as 'Eliwood' to go along with my enjoyment of Rekka no Ken.

Rather than sitting here worrying 'oh, who do I main?' the most I should be doing is considering if I should make a serious attempt at using Kirby and/or Roy to go along with my Robin. Possibly R.O.B. too but he's a special case. Input delay and teams with team attack off turn characters like R.O.B. and D3 into drastically different characters. I enjoy R.O.B. under the current circumstances that I play him but I'm not sure if that would translate well to offline 1v1s.

TL;DR I'm bad at sticking with a character not named Wolf. Might consider having Kirby and/or Roy as legitimate secondaries to go with my Robin rather than just having them as enjoyable pockets.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I'm on my way to becoming a Pokemon Master!

This isn't my most up to date collection, but I can't take a pic of my current list because Pokemon GO has crashed..... again.

Which brings me to my initial assessment and review of GO. It's absolutely fantastic and wicked fun... when it works. Consistent crashes, server failures, login problems, glitches and more have been making it really hard to just play the damn game. However, it's all worth it when you get to toss that Pokeball and catch that Eevee you've been tracking! As long as you don't mind a bit of physical activity, and as soon as they stop using dial-up for the servers, this is a great mobile game.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys i need some help. I'm trying to figure out which version of Sonic Generations is better to get

Xbox 360 or PS3

I know that PC is the superiour one out of them all and should be the one to get but unfortunately i can't really get a computer or a laptop at the moment that is well suited for game, but i might be able to get a new Console. It's just i don't know which one to get for a game like Generations (or even Unleashed)

Any advice?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Guys i need some help. I'm trying to figure out which version of Sonic Generations is better to get

Xbox 360 or PS3

I know that PC is the superiour one out of them all and should be the one to get but unfortunately i can't really get a computer or a laptop at the moment that is well suited for game, but i might be able to get a new Console. It's just i don't know which one to get for a game like Generations (or even Unleashed)

Any advice?

PS3 versions of multiplats tended to not be as good as the 360 versions.
Not too sure if Sonic applied to this however.

Nah

Smash Champion
So I've finally gotten to the Endgame on my Lunatic Awakening run that I started however many months ago

I am not sure if I can do this. I've already failed twice and the onslaught of strong enemies on top of Grima herself is like.....****

And that'd kinda be awful if I came all this way to just like.....not be able to finish it :(

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
  • A long range character
  • With healing capability
  • White hair
  • Dark skin
  • Missing right eye
  • Hood & cape
  • Near death experience as backstory
  • Questionable parenting
200px-FEF_Niles_01.png
257b1d031a003450bdd1d8acdc67a248.jpg

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I forgot to mention this but, a couple of days ago I beat Revelations a couple of days ago.

I personally liked having both the ability to grind like in Birthright and how certain maps had special objectives like in Conquest. I also enjoyed having the characters form both Hoshido and Nohr on the same side. Overall, I really enjoyed it.

My MVPs this run were Saizo, Benny, and Azama
My MVP when it comes to the second gen units was Mozu!Hisame.

Oh and I also beat the Heirs of Fate arc.
Point Blank seems to be a very good skill.
Also, Shigure's singing

Nah

Smash Champion
So I've finally gotten to the Endgame on my Lunatic Awakening run that I started however many months ago

I am not sure if I can do this. I've already failed twice and the onslaught of strong enemies on top of Grima herself is like.....****

And that'd kinda be awful if I came all this way to just like.....not be able to finish it :(
haha, suppose i was a little premature on this

CUZ I ****IN' DID IT

Finally beat Awakening on Lunatic! :)

and both the top on bottom screens at the finishing blow:

Finally popped into my head that getting Lucina to attack Grima too was hella helpful due to Falchion's bonus damage on all forms of dragons (and then also learned that Wrymsbane only works on Wyvern Riders and Manaketes).

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Top Bottom