• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I find it so funny that Microsoft (if they have gone yet) and Sony have shown all these games and info (though Crash news was insane!) and all Nintendo have done is shown one game and everyone is dying from hype

:135:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I find it so funny that Microsoft (if they have gone yet) and Sony have shown all these games and info (though Crash news was insane!) and all Nintendo have done is shown one game and everyone is dying from hype

MS went before Sony.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

I am not sure if we don't follow the same people, but from my perspective (and my contacts'), this is a 2 year old announcement only getting slightly bigger every year but not really progressing a lot. Other than that Nintendo didn't do much, only announced amiibos and the continuation of the bad era of Mario Party games.
In the meantime people are actually considering buying a PS4 when it was not very appealing before, just over ONE conference.
So yeah... I don't think Nintendo fared well this time....
:196:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
MS went before Sony.
I am not sure if we don't follow the same people, but from my perspective (and my contacts'), this is a 2 year old announcement only getting slightly bigger every year but not really progressing a lot. Other than that Nintendo didn't do much, only announced amiibos and the continuation of the bad era of Mario Party games.
In the meantime people are actually considering buying a PS4 when it was not very appealing before, just over ONE conference.
Actually, now that you mention this, you guys might be right. uh, maybe i should have thought about it for a second

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
There is still today's presentation, so who knows? I'm not expecting much more, but supposedly Nintendo's revealing a new IP today. There's a lot of talk about it being an RPG on the 3DS developed by Monolith.
I can't help but think perhaps it would've been better to swap today's presentation and yesterday's; starting off with two games as your opening gambit doesn't seem like a good choice because a lot of people are already under the impression that Sony 'won' now that the first part of Nintendo's conference is over.

Speaking of Sony's presentation, since I wasn't here at the time to discuss it, I'm so freaking happy that we have a release date for TLG! Finally! The reason I got a PS3 was in anticipation of that and KH3, so you can imagine how that went...
Now the problem is that I don't exactly have that much money to spend on a new console, but I'm still excited that TLG is finally coming out.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
And here it is, Nintendo's newest IP, Ever Oasis!

Definitely looks pretty cool in my opinion. Seems like a kind of mix between Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter Stories, and The Legend of Zelda. I notice Nintendo's been on a nature theme lately with Breath of the Wild and now Ever Oasis. Interesting.

By the way, I got Kirby Planet Robobot today and damn is this game fun!

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Stopping by again to give my opinion on Breath of the Wild.

As a big fan of survival games, I've never been more hyped for a Zelda game in my whole existence. Just the idea of having a game with a world oriented around basic life lived off of the land itself is enticing enough, but such a game with Zelda characters and dungeon mechanics is far too much for me. To be honest, this is the first time I've really been excited for this game; it was the most exciting thing covered this E3. Glad to see everyone else is at least almost as pumped as I am.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As a Zelda fan myself, I never been as pumped as everyone else about Breath of the Wild. And to keep me busy between now and the day it comes out next year, I started replaying The Wind Waker HD again.

D

Deleted member

I was very concerned over Nintendo showing off one game with Zelda U, but I can now see why. With a game like this, it makes sense for it to take center stage. It's absolutely massive, both in terms of its world and content.
I was blown away by the trailer for Breath of the Wild and the gameplay of it. I love to explore around the world and have as much freedom as possible, which is possible in this game. I heard this game will be massive, most likely even competing with Xenoblade Chronicles: X.
The Sun and Moon news looks pretty cool too and I do like the new Pokemon. I think I'll get Moon over Sun to be honest.
I have to say, I am quite impressed by Nintendo this year. I was expecting them to bomb really. The Paper Mario news disappoints me, however. The series is dead to me now.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Started Fates today, I'm on like chapter 4 or 5 I think. Lots of story with little gameplay so far but it's character building and is legitimately making the inevitable choice I'll make difficult. I legitimately like the siblings from Nohr, the two sisters are cute and Leo is an amusing character. Don't care for Mr. horseback though. Still picking Hoshido when the time comes just because I want to get what I think will be the worst out of the way. Still got my playthrough of RD going on so hopefully I don't get FE'd out.

That also reminds me, I gotta see about getting a copy of Shadow Dragon again, been wanting to play that game lately.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
As a Zelda fan myself, I never been as pumped as everyone else about Breath of the Wild. And to keep me busy between now and the day it comes out next year, I started replaying The Wind Waker HD again.
After E3, I felt the might need to play Wind Waker HD again also. It was a mighty need

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I don't have Wind Waker. i've played it,but don't have it. :urg:
So I'll just do the next thing....convince my friend to race me in Majora's Mask :4pacman:
or just go on a Hyrule Warriors binge.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

I love looking back in everyone's comments when this game was announced and laughing at all the celebratory comments praising Inafune and flipping off Capcom.

As everyone is pointing out.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180

I love looking back in everyone's comments when this game was announced and laughing at all the celebratory comments praising Inafune and flipping off Capcom.

Watched the first phase of the boss fight, watched the second phase and quickly realized how repetitive it was and checked out the Youtube comments, saw a bunch of disappointed people and with this, I can see why. For a final boss, it's pretty lame. That sword attack has invincibility frames it seems, making some attacks insanely easy to dodge and otherwise, the patterns looked easy enough to avoid and had few openings and the boss had a lot of health. Looks very boring and while I didn't watch to the end, the voice acting was, decent at best.

I'm looking at it and comparing to my favourite game: Radiant Dawn which also has poor voice acting and a meh final boss but the rest of the game is so fun that it makes up for it. I didn't see anyone mention anything else about the game so is it just the final boss that's meh or is the whole game that way?

D

Deleted member

Mighty No. 9 looked mighty unimpressive, and fans will be in for a mighty disappointment.

I think the original footage looks better than the actual game. And that final boss... that just looks horrible.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I was looking forward to that game when I first heard of it but then...nuh uh...**** it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

This has now made me super worried about how the Crash Bandicoot remasters will turn out....

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
If anyone here happens to be playing Rhythm Heaven Megamix, I hope you are having a great time.

Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 21.41.04.png

Whyyyyyy

I will actually be playing Forza Horizon 3 before I even touch Rhythm Heaven. At least Europe gets a physical version to sort of compensate.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Okay, so a few quick questions.

1) When shielding and hit by Arcfire and Arcthunder, what are my best defensive options? Rolling away or rolling backwards?
2) Best angle to DI at when hit by one of Robin's DThrows?
3) Does Robin have any true confirm kills on heavyweights at certain percentages?

Nah

Smash Champion
Okay, so a few quick questions.

1) When shielding and hit by Arcfire and Arcthunder, what are my best defensive options? Rolling away or rolling backwards?
2) Best angle to DI at when hit by one of Robin's DThrows?
3) Does Robin have any true confirm kills on heavyweights at certain percentages?
I'm not like 100% certain about all this but I'd really hate to have your questions go unanswered so I'ma try....

1) Rolling away if you have the space yeah. If Robin doesn't make it to you before the final hit sometimes you can spotdodge to avoid her follow-up I think.
2) I'm not sure if Ike (or even Limit Cloud) falls fast enough, but fastfallers can usually DI down and shield the follow-up at 0%. After that I'm not sure if there's much you can do. Though if getting Wind jabbed, SDI up and away and mash jump to get out (....it's better than nothing at least). At Checkmate percents the best you can do really is mix up your DI, since Robin does have to follow it in order to get the Uair before you get the chance to escape it.
3) Arcthunder->Smash attack and Arcfire->Levin aerial at like 100ish percent

someone correct me if I'm wrong about something please

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
1) While Archthunder's hit rate is pretty fast and VERY difficult to escape, Arcfire's is not, you can even release shield, get hit 2-3 times while SDI'ing out of it for minimal damage. SDI it back and down and you got a good position advantage. You could also SDI in, but I don't think that would be a great position to be at.
2) I am not sure, I just follow their DI, which is pretty easy in most cases.
3) Fthrow>Thoron is a nice mixup at highish percents (usually 110+). Thoron itself is pretty good against heavyweights, they usually have large frames that are easy to trap into it.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
1) While Archthunder's hit rate is pretty fast and VERY difficult to escape, Arcfire's is not, you can even release shield, get hit 2-3 times while SDI'ing out of it for minimal damage. SDI it back and down and you got a good position advantage. You could also SDI in, but I don't think that would be a great position to be at.
2) I am not sure, I just follow their DI, which is pretty easy in most cases.
3) Fthrow>Thoron is a nice mixup at highish percents (usually 110+). Thoron itself is pretty good against heavyweights, they usually have large frames that are easy to trap into it.
Since Robin's dash is really slow and grab range is poor, couldn't I backthrow Arcthunder on shield anytime except when backed against a corner?

My other concern is the safety of Robin's Bair. Can she use it twice per shorthop and is there any way to punish it on landing?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
While at midrange Arcthunder's utility decreases significantly, it still sets up for Fair to damage the shield a bit, or if the opponent is feeling themselves too comfortable in shield, even Nosferatu (which has a pretty deceptive range).
Or simply having enough space to charge Thunder again.
Arcthunder is, imo, one of the best projectiles of the game being incredible versatile at a lot of situations.

Now, treat Bair as you would any other spacing move: respect it, don't challenge it unless you are 200% sure you'll beat it, like with a projectile or a well spaced and timed Dash Attack (for Ike). Dath is smart enough not to be predictable with it though, but still keep it in mind.

Also one thing I forgot to mention on #3 above: Fthrow>Thoron is NOT GUARANTEED, but it catches people offguard because Fthrow is too quick to react to when unprepared.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
So talking about a game that isn't a Mighty disappointment, a new trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Legends just dropped for the Link's Awakening DLC! With a June 30th release date for Japan, UK, and (almost certainly) the US as well.

Linkle's new Boots moveset looks freaking awesome!

Also, Happy Birthday to good ol' Ogilvie Maurice Hedgehog! Or as he's better known...

AND it's the Nintendo 64's 20th Birthday today! :mario64::dk64::kirby64::fox64::luigi64::falcon64::ness64::jigglypuff64::yoshi64::samus64::link64::pikachu64:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
IT'S SANIC'S BIRTHDAY!!!!

TIME FOR SOME MUSIC!
[/quote]

So talking about a game that isn't a Mighty disappointment, a new trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Legends just dropped for the Link's Awakening DLC! With a June 30th release date for Japan, UK, and (almost certainly) the US as well.

Linkle's new Boots moveset looks freaking awesome!
Oh suuuuuuurrrre.

Give Linkle and Toon Link new weapons but leave Young Link in the dust.....*mumblemumble

But apart from that, it looks good

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Oh suuuuuuurrrre.

Give Linkle and Toon Link new weapons but leave Young Link in the dust.....*mumblemumble

But apart from that, it looks good
Well it makes sense. Linkle is a brand new character that they've been promoting heavily for Legends, so of course they want to give her more weapons. Plus they're basically the Pegasus Boots from Link's Awakening.

Toon Link's new weapon is in the Phantom Hourglass and Spririt Tracks DLC pack, which are his home turf, so that also makes sense. Young Link on the other hand doesn't have any attachments to any of the upcoming DLC packs, so there's not much reason to expect him to receive any new weapons.

Also, one last thing for Sonic's 25th Anniversary!

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Been playing Fates, mostly at work and I'm on chapter 11 Hoshido/Birhtright and there's something I've been wondering. Does this game have a Jaigen or Oifey archtype and if so, is it Jakob? He's one of the new classes so I can't tell if he's 2nd tier or not, although his experience gain seems on level with the rest of my units but...he's so damn powerful. Like, 6 movement, he can heal, attack from afar, lowers stats, kills most enemies in a single fight without even needing Steel Shurikens and ignores the movement penalty from sand. If he's just a really solid unit then that's awesome!...But if he ends up like RD Sothe then I'm gonna be so disappointed come endgame :(

Also the first game where I've ever liked pegasus units. Hinoka and Subaki have been plenty of fun so far. Most fe games, pegs start with atrocious strength and defense and they almost always introduce them along with archer enemies just to drill in the fact that they're weak to them.

Nah

Smash Champion
Butler and Maid are sort of like Manakete in that they're a sort of tier-less class with an extended level cap that gets EXP as if they were tier 1 units. Jakob won't exactly be some god slaying machine like say Corrin or Ryoma will be be late game, but he won't abruptly drop off in usefulness late game like Jaigens typically do. He's been worth using the whole time in my Conquest and Birthright playthroughs at least.

Closest thing I can thing of to a Jaigen in Fates is like Gunter, but his availability's also weird so.....

I still hate how you have to bring Sothe with you into the Tower of Guidance in RD, he's such an ass unit by like Part 4 and you even get Volke who's waaaaaaaaay better

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Butler and Maid are sort of like Manakete in that they're a sort of tier-less class with an extended level cap that gets EXP as if they were tier 1 units. Jakob won't exactly be some god slaying machine like say Corrin or Ryoma will be be late game, but he won't abruptly drop off in usefulness late game like Jaigens typically do. He's been worth using the whole time in my Conquest and Birthright playthroughs at least.

Closest thing I can thing of to a Jaigen in Fates is like Gunter, but his availability's also weird so.....

I still hate how you have to bring Sothe with you into the Tower of Guidance in RD, he's such an *** unit by like Part 4 and you even get Volke who's waaaaaaaaay better
Ah okay, so he's more akin to Marth or laguz units in how he levels up. So he won't get a surge of stat buffs since he won't class change and may or may not get a mastery skill. So long as he's better than RD Sothe by the end of the game. Totally agree with the disliking of bringing Sothe but he's not even the worst of the mandatory 6 imo. Thank you Kurthnaga for being so terrible. At least Sothe can potentially 2hko any normal enemy, including dragons.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Been playing Fates, mostly at work and I'm on chapter 11 Hoshido/Birhtright and there's something I've been wondering. Does this game have a Jaigen or Oifey archtype and if so, is it Jakob? He's one of the new classes so I can't tell if he's 2nd tier or not, although his experience gain seems on level with the rest of my units but...he's so damn powerful. Like, 6 movement, he can heal, attack from afar, lowers stats, kills most enemies in a single fight without even needing Steel Shurikens and ignores the movement penalty from sand. If he's just a really solid unit then that's awesome!...But if he ends up like RD Sothe then I'm gonna be so disappointed come endgame :(

Also the first game where I've ever liked pegasus units. Hinoka and Subaki have been plenty of fun so far. Most fe games, pegs start with atrocious strength and defense and they almost always introduce them along with archer enemies just to drill in the fact that they're weak to them.
Gunter is a true Jagen, in that he completely stops being useful past a certain point.

Jakob and Felicia are weird. They're in promoted classes, so they have slightly higher bases, albeit more in line with a unit who starts out in a base class, but they also get 20 more levels and base-class EXP gain to make up for it - so instead of capping at level 20, they can go all the way to level 40. Jakob remains good for pretty much the whole game, in my experience.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Gunter is a true Jagen, in that he completely stops being useful past a certain point.

Jakob and Felicia are weird. They're in promoted classes, so they have slightly higher bases, albeit more in line with a unit who starts out in a base class, but they also get 20 more levels and base-class EXP gain to make up for it - so instead of capping at level 20, they can go all the way to level 40. Jakob remains good for pretty much the whole game, in my experience.
I actually just remembered who Gunter even was. Horse guy with a scar on his face, right? Don't believe I've run into Felicia yet. The cap of 40 is nice. Essentially the same cap as other characters just without the class change buff.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I actually just remembered who Gunter even was. Horse guy with a scar on his face, right?
That's him, yeah.

Don't believe I've run into Felicia yet.
If you're playing :4corrinf:, she shows up about halfway through the game, at which point she's fairly useless and you probably won't need her anyway. If you do plan on using her, though, she's probably most effective reclassed to Strategist, since her Str is low compared to Jakob (who does well enough being left as a Butler).

With :4corrin:, Felicia joins you at the start instead of Jakob. I haven't played :4corrin: yet, so I can't speak for her usefulness here.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
That's him, yeah.

If you're playing :4corrinf:, she shows up about halfway through the game, at which point she's fairly useless and you probably won't need her anyway. If you do plan on using her, though, she's probably most effective reclassed to Strategist, since her Str is low compared to Jakob (who does well enough being left as a Butler).

With :4corrin:, Felicia joins you at the start instead of Jakob. I haven't played :4corrin: yet, so I can't speak for her usefulness here.
Ah, okay. That would explain it. My Corrin is female. So Felicia is basically female Jakob. The maid for male Corrin to the butler for female Corrin. Gets me wondering if they have vastly different caps and/or growth rates. Getting her midway through does seem odd if the role is merely swapped with Jakob based on gender of the avatar.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You know what is great about Birthrights though?

Having finished chapter 27, only to find out that you have to do the final chapter immediately after, with no ability to save and if you die, you have to do chapter 27 again.

Seriously, why?! Who though that was a good idea?!

Well it makes sense. Linkle is a brand new character that they've been promoting heavily for Legends, so of course they want to give her more weapons. Plus they're basically the Pegasus Boots from Link's Awakening.

Toon Link's new weapon is in the Phantom Hourglass and Spririt Tracks DLC pack, which are his home turf, so that also makes sense. Young Link on the other hand doesn't have any attachments to any of the upcoming DLC packs, so there's not much reason to expect him to receive any new weapons.

Also, one last thing for Sonic's 25th Anniversary!

I guess that makes sense

But I just want them to add more Mask for Young Link. Or better yet, Magic Arrows (unless Linkle already uses those, in that case... i don't, something punchy)

Last edited:
Top Bottom