• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
If you think you can beat it, then do it, then we'll work our way from there.

As for the paralogues being too hard, you can always grind. :p
But i have no DLC maps and very little money. Only like one Million thing (highest one) and a couple of the second highest. Also for some reason I keep losing units when I'm grinding. It's annoying :(

:135:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Lmao ahhh the joy of tri-maining Cloud, Mewtwo and Robin. Yeeeah that Robin talk in the M2 social was started by me xD. With Cloud quickly being deemed viable (and contending for #1 on many peoples tier lists) and M2 winning Pound, I asked when Robin will finally get his time in the spotlight and people started talking about the character.

My bad!

Although hearing about Mr. II beating Nairo and seeing his vines, I am so glad I chose to stick with this character <3 (sorry :4corrinf::4darkpit::4myfriends::4pikachu::4pit:!)

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Lmao ahhh the joy of tri-maining Cloud, Mewtwo and Robin. Yeeeah that Robin talk in the M2 social was started by me xD. With Cloud quickly being deemed viable (and contending for #1 on many peoples tier lists) and M2 winning Pound, I asked when Robin will finally get his time in the spotlight and people started talking about the character.

My bad!

Although hearing about Mr. II beating Nairo and seeing his vines, I am so glad I chose to stick with this character <3 (sorry :4corrinf::4darkpit::4myfriends::4pikachu::4pit:!)
Lol, it's all good, just irks me (and irks us all, most likely) that people who do not main a certain character presume to know what is good for said character and what is not. I was heavily tempted to correct their presumptions (in a friendly manner, of course), but held back out of concern of causing some form of tensions between myself and the Mewtwo mains dwelling there. Alas, little can be done anywho :p

In other news, Spain has officially banned Bayonetta.

*You here cries of anguish and screams of terror in the distance*

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Lol, it's all good, just irks me (and irks us all, most likely) that people who do not main a certain character presume to know what is good for said character and what is not. I was heavily tempted to correct their presumptions (in a friendly manner, of course), but held back out of concern of causing some form of tensions between myself and the Mewtwo mains dwelling there. Alas, little can be done anywho :p

Yeah, I myself held back on giving input on their suggestions. Iffy on tome and sword usage changing, reduced time on tome regen is always nice and I recall someone mentioning that Thoron is underpowered which I can partly agree with. Makes for a damn good time bomb in Sudden Death though since the moment you have it, your opponent isn't allowed to jump lest they get their landing caught by a beam of death!

And I heard about that ban thanks to the CCI. May be a scrub for saying this but I hope this happens in Canada soon. I don't even know if Ontario has any notable Bayo mains but playing against the character brings back horrific flash backs of :wolf:vs :dedede: or :popo:. Then again, I just wanna play competitively as something fun to do and Bayo makes me wanna put the controller down. I'm fine with playing defensive but not so much with dying slowly and getting slowly damaged racked with the only option being 'hit that control stick so hard that you risk breaking it'.

Actually...come to think of it...anyone who uses the 3DS as a controller or still plays the 3DS version probably hates her even more @.@

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

My bad!

Good Move There M8

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
But I have no DLC maps and very little money. Only like one Million thing (highest one) and a couple of the second highest. Also, for some reason I keep losing units when I'm grinding. It's annoying :(

Welp, I can't think of anything else atm that can help you. Best of luck if you plan on continuing. Otherwise, you can start over if you feel like you won't get any farther.

Lol, it's all good, just irks me (and irks us all, most likely) that people who do not main a certain character presume to know what is good for said character and what is not. I was heavily tempted to correct their presumptions (in a friendly manner, of course), but held back out of concern of causing some form of tensions between myself and the Mewtwo mains dwelling there. Alas, little can be done anywho. :p
Reminds me of what happened on the Roy boards a while ago. Oh man, seeing that made me wish the mod was on hand at the time (could be said about any of the other boards where similar arguments occur). Glad it got sorted out though.

And the cries were drowned out by the cheers of Non- Bayo main Spanish players.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Welp, I can't think of anything else atm that can help you. Best of luck if you plan on continuing. Otherwise, you can start over if you feel like you won't get any farther.
Yeah. Though the RNG is never with me, so that sucks.....

[/quote]
Reminds me of what happened on the Roy boards a while ago. Oh man, seeing that made me wish the mod was on hand at the time (could be said about any of the other boards where similar arguments occur). Glad it got sorted out though.[/QUOTE]

Wait, are you talking about when the person from the Pit boards cam over or was this before that?

Over reaction if I'm honest

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I disagree with the Spain's decision of banning Bayonetta, this because I personally hate banning things, but I also think she really needs some major nerfs/adjustments and hopeful this will help.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Yeah, I myself held back on giving input on their suggestions. Iffy on tome and sword usage changing, reduced time on tome regen is always nice and I recall someone mentioning that Thoron is underpowered which I can partly agree with. Makes for a damn good time bomb in Sudden Death though since the moment you have it, your opponent isn't allowed to jump lest they get their landing caught by a beam of death!

And I heard about that ban thanks to the CCI. May be a scrub for saying this but I hope this happens in Canada soon. I don't even know if Ontario has any notable Bayo mains but playing against the character brings back horrific flash backs of :wolf:vs :dedede: or :popo:. Then again, I just wanna play competitively as something fun to do and Bayo makes me wanna put the controller down. I'm fine with playing defensive but not so much with dying slowly and getting slowly damaged racked with the only option being 'hit that control stick so hard that you risk breaking it'.

Actually...come to think of it...anyone who uses the 3DS as a controller or still plays the 3DS version probably hates her even more @.@
There's probably a couple Bayo players in Ontario, especially since Ontario is a pretty strong scene

I know Blacktwins plays Bayo sometimes, but didn't really research this too much

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Am i the only one here that is sick off all this Bayo talk? Can everyone please just talk about something else?!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Lol
@1:16
YOU GUYS WANTED LESS ARCFIRE ENDLAG RIGHT?!
:p
Man, that would be an awesome Arcfire

But those Project M Turbo mode move-cancels man.

But seriously, i actually reckon that a number of things that some of these characters do should be what they actually do in Sm4sh (like Pacman dair spike)

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The first trailer of Rogue One is out! What are everyone's thoughts?

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Because it's impossible to tell anything about the story from trailers(impossible for me maybe, I'm less "lookie for details that help understanding" and more "dissect what's given"), I'll just give my impressions on the only other things you can talk about: the music and the camera shots.

Both were gorgeous.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Lol
@1:16
YOU GUYS WANTED LESS ARCFIRE ENDLAG RIGHT?!
:p
Looks like Marth's pivot grab is back.

Oh, and BAN•ZELDA.

Iffy atm. I know it's not one of the mainline movies, but I wouldn't get too comfortable about having another SW movie come out a year after the latest one, but we'll see. It looks good so far.

One thing I'd like to point out though is that the the woman they picked to be the main character seems a bit odd to me. She doesn't seem to match the character she is portraying from the little we've seen. I dunno.
Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

That guy that looks up at about 0:26 had better be Dash Rendar or Kyle Katarn otherwise I'm loving it so far.
I seriously hope Disney and crew bring more EU characters back into the canon, especially Rendar or Katarn.

They did it with Delta Squad and the Republic Commandos in the Clone Wars TV show, and Revan, Malak, Bane and the Yuuzhan Vong were to make an appearance in it as well (they didn't unfortunately). So here's to being hopeful that they do.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
They did it with Delta Squad and the Republic Commandos in the Clone Wars TV show, and Revan, Malak, Bane and the Yuuzhan Vong were to make an appearance in it as well (they didn't unfortunately). So here's to being hopeful that they do.
Bane actually did appear to Yoda in the Clone Wars voiced by Mark Hamill.
I also remember Maul reciting some Sith Code in the Rebels season 2 finale to Ezra.
Bane is definitely canon so the Rule of Two should hopefully by extension make Revan and Malak canon.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Bane actually did appear to Yoda in the Clone Wars voiced by Mark Hamill.
I also remember Maul reciting some Sith Code in the Rebels season 2 finale to Ezra.
Bane is definitely canon so the Rule of Two should hopefully by extension make Revan and Malak canon.
What I meant was more of an actual appearance rather than indirect ones like just his voice and references of him and what he did. But yeah, Bane is canon.

And Revan was pretty damn close to being canon. According to the creators, he was supposed to appear at least twice in The Clone Wars. Once during the Mortis arc and again when Yoda is contacted by Bane on Korriban at the end of the show.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That guy that looks up at about 0:26 had better be Dash Rendar or Kyle Katarn otherwise I'm loving it so far.
Disney just don't give a damn about Warner Bros anymore(Marvel and Star Wars 2 years in a row? RIP)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Disney just don't give a damn about Warner Bros anymore(Marvel and Star Wars 2 years in a row? RIP)
Marvel and Star Wars are going to be yearly for a while now.
Episode 8 is out next year as is Spider-Man, GOTG2 and Thor Ragnarok.
WB have Kong: Skull Island as a part of the Godzilla universe they have, LEGO Batman and Wonder Woman among several other films. They just need to get a better marketing team (achieved with LEGO Batman) and ditch Snyder because he's shown he's inept.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marvel and Star Wars are going to be yearly for a while now.
Episode 8 is out next year as is Spider-Man, GOTG2 and Thor Ragnarok.
WB have Kong: Skull Island as a part of the Godzilla universe they have, LEGO Batman and Wonder Woman among several other films. They just need to get a better marketing team (achieved with LEGO Batman) and ditch Snyder because he's shown he's inept.
1. Snyder ruined Batman V Superman for everyone
2. I know, but Marvel/Star Wars still ain't here to make friends outside of Disney...only money
3. Lego Batman will be better than Batman V Superman

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
"Switching in to maximum HYPE-rspace!"

This looks really promising so far, and I'm excited to see how it expands on the story of one of my favorite universes of all time.

Although, I will say that I FINALLY just watched The Force Awakens last night, so it's highly possible I'm just in full Star Wars fanboy mode right now, but I don't care!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1. Snyder ruined Batman V Superman for everyone
2. I know, but Marvel/Star Wars still ain't here to make friends outside of Disney...only money
3. Lego Batman will be better than Batman V Superman
Lego Batman will be SOOOOOOO MUUUUUUCH BETTER

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
All the critical quotes in Fates in one video!
What critical quotes would everyone else here have?

Top Bottom