• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
tbh it wasn't that laggy though

Thanks yew 2 for the compliment~ View attachment 102831

Levin, you can play her. Just gotta put work into it~
I started to like playing Jigglypuff back when I got Brawl, which was the first smash game I actually owned despite playing a lot of Smash 64. I wouldn't say I really put any effort into her; well, rather, it was more like I was still in the "charge a smash and hope they walk into it" stage in Brawl. I just always assumed Jigglypuff was meant to be bad, so I enjoyed trying to beat people with her (I learned very quickly that Brawl rollout = good, and charging rollout is still one of my habits in Sm4sh). She was probably ended up being my 6th best character in Brawl.

Well, flash forward to Sm4sh, and I fell in love with using her in this game. I definitely improved a lot during the first few months (and even got a notorious reputation in my old school for being good with her), but eventually I sort of dropped her off to try other characters. And eventually I fell in love with Robin, and still enjoy using him today because I feel like there's still so much I haven't mastered yet, or there's so much untapped potential.

Anyways, now that I'm actually starting to go to local tourneys and whatnot I'm trying to look for a good secondary for Robin, and I'm decent with a few other characters (mainly Ike). But recently I've just sort of got the urge to go back to Puff and try to put the effort in to get even better with her; because even though she's regarded as the worst character in the game at the moment, I feeeel like her matchup spread actually compliments Robin's pretty well (just for the silly ZSS shenanigans if not for anything else). I feel like I can make her work at the level I'm playing at.

Sorry for the long spiel, I guess I just felt like rambling today. I'm gonna work on my Puff! I've decided. :039:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Your Jiggs=OP
I finally get to bring back this mess again
Jiggly Hades.png

I started to like playing Jigglypuff back when I got Brawl, which was the first smash game I actually owned despite playing a lot of Smash 64. I wouldn't say I really put any effort into her; well, rather, it was more like I was still in the "charge a smash and hope they walk into it" stage in Brawl. I just always assumed Jigglypuff was meant to be bad, so I enjoyed trying to beat people with her (I learned very quickly that Brawl rollout = good, and charging rollout is still one of my habits in Sm4sh). She was probably ended up being my 6th best character in Brawl.

Well, flash forward to Sm4sh, and I fell in love with using her in this game. I definitely improved a lot during the first few months (and even got a notorious reputation in my old school for being good with her), but eventually I sort of dropped her off to try other characters. And eventually I fell in love with Robin, and still enjoy using him today because I feel like there's still so much I haven't mastered yet, or there's so much untapped potential.

Anyways, now that I'm actually starting to go to local tourneys and whatnot I'm trying to look for a good secondary for Robin, and I'm decent with a few other characters (mainly Ike). But recently I've just sort of got the urge to go back to Puff and try to put the effort in to get even better with her; because even though she's regarded as the worst character in the game at the moment, I feeeel like her matchup spread actually compliments Robin's pretty well (just for the silly ZSS shenanigans if not for anything else). I feel like I can make her work at the level I'm playing at.

Sorry for the long spiel, I guess I just felt like rambling today. I'm gonna work on my Puff! I've decided. :039:
monkeyclap.gif

My first game was Smash 64 when I was7-8. I was a super noob at it lol.
My favs in order from most to least were: :pikachu64::kirby64::ness64::yoshi64::jigglypuff64:. Those were my main characters, so everyone on the bottom row but Fox lol.
And it's also the reason I play party hat Pika because that was my very first character+alt that I ever touched. I squealed when I first saw it on my 3DS. I played blue bow Puff so I was kinda sad it didn't make it in, but I actually converted from the Blue/Green hat just to get that smash 64 feel. :3

Puff is my all time fav poke; she was my first card, fav anime episode, and she was one of te first pokemon I ever knew. I didn't play her too much in Brawl so I made it my goal to use her more here~
Work out.gif

I get scared to use her in tournament. I only pulled her out once lol. :L

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
He has done some more interesting things.

This last one is...interesting.

Needless to say, I'm ecstatic that Mr. II was finally in a major tournament.
Whooooaaaa.

Just, wtf?! How is he pulling off all these things?

Tho that taunt kill XD

:135:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I finally get to bring back this mess again

View attachment 102844

My first game was Smash 64 when I was7-8. I was a super noob at it lol.
My favs in order from most to least were: :pikachu64::kirby64::ness64::yoshi64::jigglypuff64:. Those were my main characters, so everyone on the bottom row but Fox lol.
And it's also the reason I play party hat Pika because that was my very first character+alt that I ever touched. I squealed when I first saw it on my 3DS. I played blue bow Puff so I was kinda sad it didn't make it in, but I actually converted from the Blue/Green hat just to get that smash 64 feel. :3

Puff is my all time fav poke; she was my first card, fav anime episode, and she was one of te first pokemon I ever knew. I didn't play her too much in Brawl so I made it my goal to use her more here~ View attachment 102846

I get scared to use her in tournament. I only pulled her out once lol. :L
OH NOOOOOOO!

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
If any of you guys were living under a rock, were asleep or forgot to watch it, here's the results of Pound 5!
Abadango won Pound 5 with his :4mewtwo: after going 3-0 against Ally.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wrestlemania both rocked and sucked at the same time...needed more NXT and some more sensibility.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Does anyone have a link to the Mr.II vs Nario match?

It's up in the air whether or not anyone actually has footage of it. Right now it seems like no one does.
Mr. II was on stream to fight a ROB player though, but I'm too lazy to go sifting through all of that to find the timestamp.
It'll be somewhere in the past broadcasts here
It'll be an April 2nd broadcast.

I actually found it pretty quick, it's at 1:37:00 here

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It's up in the air whether or not anyone actually has footage of it. Right now it seems like no one does.
Mr. II was on stream to fight a ROB player though, but I'm too lazy to go sifting through all of that to find the timestamp.
It'll be somewhere in the past broadcasts here
It'll be an April 2nd broadcast.

I actually found it pretty quick, it's at 1:37:00 here
Awesome. Thanks a mil!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Still weird seeing Nairo not get top 10

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Watching the Mr.II versus Naut match and it really hurts listening to Omii and the other guy comment on it having absolutely no idea about Robin. No seriously quote

"Robin has 3 stages to his Electric attack."

3 stages. Of his Electric attack.

Seriously, how have you guys forgotten about Thoron and why the **** are you not calling the move Thunder/Elthunder etc?!

Argh it's really bugging me. Other than that it is an amazing match. Really inspiring me to continue my Robin play

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
The Merc The Merc
I muted the commentary the minute i saw that Omni was on the mic <3

But yeah Pound was surprisingly awesome, i thought it would be boring! but Mr.II did so amazingly, actually made me so happy to see. As well as that, Abadango is one of my favourite players so i was happy to see him win. The pictures with Mr.II holding him on his shoulders are pretty priceless, haha.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The commentators must've been really bad(like Byron Saxton or Micheal Cole bad)

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Hey, all! I hope y'all enjoyed the Easter Break off! Time flies by really fast, and we'll be out for the summer in no time..!

Also, I NEED to put down fire emblem for ONE DAY AT LEAST. I'm afraid I'd lose my (developing) skill with Peachykins and Corrin ;OOO.

Well, I guess it's time to make my own fate!
now, I await a sm4sh tournament in Lafayette, Louisiana to debut. (PSA: it's gonna be a trainwreck)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Part of the reason I really enjoyed pound was the sheer unpredictability of it. Kid Goggles taking Mr.R to game 5 with his kirby was insane.
Can say the same about Wrestlemania...but not in a good way(except for 3)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys, i need some more advice.

okay, I'm recently picked up my Awakening Hard Classic run through to try and finish my first Classic run before Fates. But At the moment I am up to ch 19 and I have already lost basically half my original army (11 units) and now I'm not sure if that's going to be good enough to complete the rest of the game. So now I don't know if I should just solider on or restart the file.

Any advice?

The Merc The Merc
I muted the commentary the minute i saw that Omni was on the mic <3

But yeah Pound was surprisingly awesome, i thought it would be boring! but Mr.II did so amazingly, actually made me so happy to see. As well as that, Abadango is one of my favourite players so i was happy to see him win. The pictures with Mr.II holding him on his shoulders are pretty priceless, haha.
Aw, Now i really want to watch it. Why can't they put the videos up already?!

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Hm, sounds familiar...

Guys, i need some more advice.

okay, I'm recently picked up my Awakening Hard Classic run through to try and finish my first Classic run before Fates. But At the moment I am up to ch 19 and I have already lost basically half my original army (11 units) and now I'm not sure if that's going to be good enough to complete the rest of the game. So now I don't know if I should just solider on or restart the file.

Any advice?

Depends. Refresh me on Ch19.
Who do you still have?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hm, sounds familiar...

Depends. Refresh me on Ch19.
Who do you still have?
Summary of my reaction when playing Classic for the first time.

Facing Walhart for the first time iirc.

I still have Chrom and Robin (duh)

Ricken
Lissa
Olivia
Cherche
Lon'qu
Fredrick
Donnel
Gregor
Gauis
Nowi
2 spot pass characters (not going to bother with them cause feels like cheating)
Panne
Anna
Lucina
Cynthia
Virion

Most are around Lv 4 -8 mark around there second - third class (tho some are still on there first class at level 12).

and I only have access to 6 children chapters plus Tiki's chapter.

Thoughts?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder if Robin will move up in the tier list

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868

Ricken
Lissa
Olivia
Cherche
Lon'qu
Fredrick
Donnel
Gregor
Gauis
Nowi
2 spot pass characters (not going to bother with them cause feels like cheating)
Panne
Anna
Lucina
Cynthia
Virion

Most are around Lv 4 -8 mark around there second - third class (tho some are still on there first class at level 12).

Thoughts?

use virion as a sacrifice /s

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
I honestly thought it was the bride class from awakening at first XD

Nice either way. Do you have a blue wig and spear?

My wig was supposed to come last week but it hasn't arrived yet for some reason. Hopefully this week it will come and when it does I'll post a quick makeup test here. :happysheep:

Haven't started on the spear yet, I will once I've got the rest of the outfit done first. I just have the flower appliqués to do.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Just read some of the Mewtwo Social and their recent discussion on why Robin sucks.

So much misinformation, SMH :facepalm:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Just read some of the Mewtwo Social and their recent discussion on why Robin sucks.

I have a friend who think Robin is even high tier, that's probably because my Robin is the perfection incarnated eh eh.
no, not really ;-;

Also, -45 days for Fates! :cheep::halfsheep::emptysheep:

Nah

Smash Champion
my internet craps out for 2 days and then I come back to find that Mr.II beat Nairo

gonna have to watch that later

Diddy is hard. Really hard. Not as hard as ZSS, but I think it is Robin's 2nd worst match-up and I don't play it in tourney at this point, I play Corrin/Cloud instead. Dath plays against MVD's a lot and I don't know if he's ever beaten it.
So who do you think is Robin's worst matchup then if Diddy's the 2nd worst?

I found FE: Radiant Dawn at the convention in town today for $40.

$40.

Yes please.
Johan you're making it sound like that's a great price

that's how much I got it for, used, years ago

but hey at least you have it now

What kinds of things were they saying?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Welcome to the Life of a Roy main....

Funny

Not really considering it's the Mewtwo Boards(I guess), and he DID win a major/regional(don't know/care which one)tournament, so bragging rights for them(I think)

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I defeated the final boss Revelation on Sunday and beat all three paths! I enjoyed it! Certainly more so than Grima from Awakening. During my playthrough of Revelation, Saizo was one of my best units. I wish I went with him in Birthright instead of Kaze. But, with the multiple save files, I can redeem myself when I play Revelation again as Female Corrin.

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I defeated the final boss Revelation on Sunday and beat all three paths! I enjoyed it! Certainly more so than Grima from Awakening. During my playthrough of Revelation, Saizo was one of my best units. I wish I went with him in Birthright instead of Kaze. But, with the multiple save files, I can redeem myself when I play Revelation again as Female Corrin.
Congrats on finding your new Husbando.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I should've known it was GilvaSunner. I thought "sounds familiar" meant you heard a variation of Dark Wastes from some other song.
Nope, Ch10. Just. Ch10. :teeth:

It's not a bad chapter by any means (mostly), but if you **** up or a random crit happens...

Ricken
Lissa
Olivia
Cherche
Lon'qu
Fredrick
Donnel
Gregor
Gauis
Nowi
Panne
Anna
Lucina
Cynthia
Virion

Thoughts?

Are those on their second-third classes reclassed or promoted?

If I recall, there are quite a few mounted units, so Beastslayers would be good to have.

I'd try to get at least a couple of the children if you haven't done so. Statistically, they are better than their parents and they'll be very helpful. Get Morgan in particular.

It's been a while since I've seen the map, but I know you can complete the chapter in one turn by having a strong unit and one that knows Galeforce. You can cheese out that way if you'd like.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kagero might be better than Camilla/Felicia/Azura

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Are those on their second-third classes reclassed or promoted?

If I recall, there are quite a few mounted units, so Beastslayers would be good to have.

I'd try to get at least a couple of the children if you haven't done so. Statistically, they are better than their parents and they'll be very helpful. Get Morgan in particular.

It's been a while since I've seen the map, but I know you can complete the chapter in one turn by having a strong unit and one that knows Galeforce. You can cheese out that way if you'd like.
Most are promoted but others (like Lissa and Olivia) are reclassed and promoted.

Yeah, I definetly think I can beat this chapter with ease. But i'm just wondering if I'd be able to be later chapters.

I mean, there are some Child chapters that I simply can't do cause none of my hints are strong enough (Yarne pops to mind)

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Most are promoted but others (like Lissa and Olivia) are reclassed and promoted.

Yeah, I definetly think I can beat this chapter with ease. But i'm just wondering if I'd be able to be later chapters.

I mean, there are some Child chapters that I simply can't do cause none of my hints are strong enough (Yarne pops to mind)

If you think you can beat it, then do it, then we'll work our way from there.

As for the paralogues being too hard, you can always grind. :p

Top Bottom