• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well I finished Birthright and Conquest...now to start Revelations tommorow

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
9aaf63b10faa25dd04698f64ccb1d6d3.jpg
11d125b733dcc88d4180109a05508428.jpg

I wonder how the FE fans of the early years would react if they found out the current fan base had an abnormal interest in lobsters.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Had tournament yesterday and.... underperformed...
Went 1-2, losing to a Kirby I was outplaying, who then switched to Cloud and I SD'd.
It was p sad.

idk, last time I played well, but yesterday I didn't feel comfortable, like, at any time.
:196:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Had tournament yesterday and.... underperformed...
Went 1-2, losing to a Kirby I was outplaying, who then switched to Cloud and I SD'd.
It was p sad.

idk, last time I played well, but yesterday I didn't feel comfortable, like, at any time.
:196:
The game cheated

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Also, I do believe I have found my new favorite piece of fanart.

(Couldn't find the source for this, so if anyone knows it would be much appreciated)
Kind of makes me wonder who might be standing alongside them when the next Smash comes around...or who might be standing in the place of a couple of them...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Imagine a world with infinite patches for every single video game...it would suck

But another Smash patch wouldn't

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Two things I'd like to point out about Fates:

1. Am I the only one who paired up my avatar with Reina? I must be.

2. Fire Emblem is definitely harder, yet more amusing after a few drinks.

Really? It bombed in Japan, so that's kind of surprising...
Wait, it's getting a sequel?
I would be very surprised if that's the case since it bombed very hard in Japan.
I'm surprised it's getting a sequel.
It's only a rumor atm, but who knows. Should there be a sequel, hopefully the developers will make it more... "welcoming" for lack of a better word, to a broader audience.

If it's too Japanese for the Japanese, you did something wrong.

I had a cool idea for a sequel to TMS, but I know it won't be used unfortunately.

Never really payed attention to it. It really kind of seemed like the worst of both worlds tbh.

:135:
It was a good concept originally when it was first announced, then look what happened.

Kind of makes me wonder who might be standing alongside them when the next Smash comes around...or who might be standing in the place of a couple of them...
In my opinion, hopefully FE gets a pass this next go around so that the time and effort can go to another character from another franchise, like Isaac, Sylux or K. Rool.

After :4corrin:, I'm not optimistic about another FE character unless one or two of them gets the boot next game or other franchises get more characters.

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Hey guys, went to my first local yesterday in about 4 years and placed 17th out of 58 entries. Also did doubles with @Izayoi and we placed 7th out of 20 teams. Fairly happy with our placement overall.

Nah

Smash Champion
You guys mean no more FE characters in Smash 4, or no more than 6 FE characters in a Smash game period or what? Though like Delzethin I have to wonder how the FE lineup will be in future Smash games. Besides Marth Marf will always be in Smash.

2. Fire Emblem is definitely harder, yet more amusing after a few drinks.
That's true of a lot of things really. For Glory is amusing in its own way while drinking. There's a number of other games I want to try playing while drinking and at various levels of intoxication.

ThatRandomGuy42

Mr Arcfire
NNID
ThatRandomGuy42
3DS FC
4914-4785-4189
If there is another Smash, I imagine Lucina will get the boot for being the most 'clone-like' of the characters. Ike might get dropped for another character as well. Dunno if Roy would make it either.
As for Robin or Corrin, they might cling on due to how popular Awakening and Fates are.
Marth stays, that's a given.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
In my opinion, hopefully FE gets a pass this next go around so that the time and effort can go to another character from another franchise, like Isaac, Sylux or K. Rool.

After :4corrin:, I'm not optimistic about another FE character unless one or two of them gets the boot next game or other franchises get more characters.
I'm pretty sure that we're probably not going to be getting anyt more FE chars in smash, but who knows, lol.
If there is another Smash, I imagine Lucina will get the boot for being the most 'clone-like' of the characters. Ike might get dropped for another character as well. Dunno if Roy would make it either.
As for Robin or Corrin, they might cling on due to how popular Awakening and Fates are.
Considering how cuts have been handled before, I think it's more likely we'd see Lucina and/or Roy be left out in Smash 5 than have them stick around and not have there be a newcomer from the newest Fire Emblem at that time. After all, the newer games matter too, do they not?

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I bet Ike will be present even in the next Smash, he isn't a clone so why cut him?
Lucina and Roy are both likely to be dropped, but maybe Lucina will become a Marth alt.
Robin stays because he's the only magic rep and Marth because is Marth, instead I have mixed ideas about Corrin: he has a unique fighting style and it's from a new game but maybe he will be replaced by the newest Fire Emblem rep but I obviously hope it's not.

ThatRandomGuy42

Mr Arcfire
NNID
ThatRandomGuy42
3DS FC
4914-4785-4189
I bet Ike will be present even in the next Smash, he isn't a clone so why cut him?
Probably because he's been in it since Brawl. I dunno, I imagined they'd replace him with another Lord.
And I'm not trying to be funny, but Chrom would have a high chance of being that character - assuming they made him different from Marth.

D

Deleted member

Talking about cuts, eh?

Marth is staying, it's practically a given.
I think Ike will stay. Not only is he unique and fulfills an archetype that Sakurai wanted for Smash (a heavy and powerful swordsman), but Ike is pretty popular. I've seen polls where Ike ranked pretty high, even beating Marth. I think Ike will still fight for his friends.
Robin represents Awakening, the game that saved the franchise from dying. They are also among the most unique characters in Smash, so cutting them would be a massive loss.
I personally think Corrin will stay. Even though Corrin is DLC and I don't think they will out-prioritize the former three, Fates is pretty successful. The game arguably did better than Awakening did in terms of sales and there is no doubt that they will get better. Corrin's and Fates' popularity will save them from getting cut in my eyes.
The only two I find to be on the chopping block is Roy and Lucina. Roy is popular, but is popular more so with Melee fans. As DLC, I don't think that he will get priority over the other Fire Emblem characters. Lucina will need to get lucky again and be a last minute addition, even if she is among the most popular of FE characters.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It was a good concept originally when it was first announced, then look what happened.
Evil Chrom

I can one franchise that really needs some more attention in the next Smash *cough*Zelda*cough*

Considering how cuts have been handled before, I think it's more likely we'd see Lucina and/or Roy be left out in Smash 5 than have them stick around and not have there be a newcomer from the newest Fire Emblem at that time. After all, the newer games matter too, do they not?
The only two I find to be on the chopping block is Roy and Lucina. Roy is popular, but is popular more so with Melee fans. As DLC, I don't think that he will get priority over the other Fire Emblem characters. Lucina will need to get lucky again and be a last minute addition, even if she is among the most popular of FE characters.
Why do people think Roy would get cut? What priorities Ike over Roy? (other than not being a clone but even then)

I agree with this. Lucina should just be a Marth "skin." Although, I wouldn't be opposed to another magic character joining.
But Marht is trash and Lucina is life......

I mean seriously, why can't Lucina replace Marth and Marth becomes the skin?

:135:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Marth and Ike will stay. Robin is a maybe. Roy, Lucina and Corrin are joining Pichu. Maybe Lucina will come back as a skin but I doubt it. Awakening, to me, feels like a one off. It did well and that's that. If Awakening gets a sequel like Marth and Ike's games have gotten then maybe the Awakening duo will come back. If such a thing happens then for Ashera's sake can Lucina please be given her own moveset. I'm fine with her gimmick but that gimmick strapped to everything Marth has is...to put it lightly, a poor decision.

Top Bottom