• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Found this gif that might make Marth mains happy

:135:
Yesssss, his fair, bair, nair, ftilt and jab all got range buffs
he also scoots forward with ftilt now too so even more range and microspacing
and dtilt actually hits under the stage/people on the ledge #WE LITTLE MAC NOW

I'm in love again <3
PPPAAAGEEEE STEAAALLL

Not just Martha.

Lucy too.

But no one cares cause she's trash waifu tier.

Martha is the better waifu...Amirite? Milo AKA Papa Milo AKA Papa

lolYouwishIwasn'tkiddingLucy4MidTier
MARTH IS THE ONLY FE WAIFU

tooBadLucinaIsStillForeverWorseThanMarth

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Oh, Lucina got those hitbox changes too. Should play with her a bit and see how the changes are (I also learned very recently that tilt stick allows for Levin aerials too so gotta try playing with that too for more than just Corrin).

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Lucina got the hitbox changes, though I do believe Marth obviously gained more benefits from this buff than she did. The only thing I honestly think she has over him from these buffs is B-Air damage increase doing almost tipper damage anywhere in the blade.

Otherwise, though, it's starting to look much brighter for Marth mains, which I'm happy about...as a Lucina main.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Darn tootin' I will. I'm looking forward to seeing how Lowenthal will handle it.
Same...but I want my damn Captain America trailer now...!
Yesssss, his fair, bair, nair, ftilt and jab all got range buffs
he also scoots forward with ftilt now too so even more range and microspacing
and dtilt actually hits under the stage/people on the ledge #WE LITTLE MAC NOW

I'm in love again <3

MARTH IS THE ONLY FE WAIFU

tooBadLucinaIsStillForeverWorseThanMarth
Marth looks good in a dress(like a dress wearin' pimp)

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Lucina got the hitbox changes, though I do believe Marth obviously gained more benefits from this buff than she did. The only thing I honestly think she has over him from these buffs is B-Air damage increase doing almost tipper damage anywhere in the blade.

Otherwise, though, it's starting to look much brighter for Marth mains, which I'm happy about...as a Lucina main.
She still at least has an overall better punish game with fsmash and upsmash. Especially with Fsmash. The moment someone whiffs an attack you can throw fsmash out and kill at like 80% It's a lot harder to space those tips when someone whiffs something. A lot harder than it looks anyway, but not impossible

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
She still at least has an overall better punish game with fsmash and upsmash. Especially with Fsmash. The moment someone whiffs an attack you can throw fsmash out and kill at like 80% It's a lot harder to space those tips when someone whiffs something. A lot harder than it looks anyway, but not impossible
Well, I -did- say these buffs. I didn't specifically mention a huge comparative statement of the two Falchions in general.
Though I do want to believe we'll see more Marcina placing in tournaments since these buffs are pretty significant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So how good were Marcina's buffs? I don't understand all this lingo so if someone can explain to me in layman's terms that would be awesome since I started to lose hope in Marth pre-patch.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
So how good were Marcina's buffs? I don't understand all this lingo so if someone can explain to me in layman's terms that would be awesome since I started to lose hope in Marth pre-patch.
Basically we got more range with our swords in a lot of tilts and aerials so tippers are easier as Martha.

D

Deleted member

I wonder if some Marth mains are still complaining that the buffs aren't enough.

D

Deleted member

From what I've seen a lot of Martha mains are happy about these blessings.
I sure hope so. I really want to try out Marth again and I was tired of seeing some Marth mains continuously being unhappy about him but it's great that they are happy again. Where do you think he'll stand in the tier list now?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I sure hope so. I really want to try out Marth again and I was tired of seeing some Marth mains continuously being unhappy about him but it's great that they are happy again. Where do you think he'll stand in the tier list now?
Don't jinx it for them

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Hopefully somewhere close to mid.

But we can't say for sure yet.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I wonder if some Marth mains are still complaining that the buffs aren't enough.
I'm sure there probably are, since there will always be some people who are never happy with how many buffs a character gets.

Loving your Hotaru avatar by the way, I really need to watch Dagashi Kashi.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm sure there probably are, since there will always be some people who are never happy with how many buffs a character gets.

People just gotta keep it tight

D

Deleted member

Thank you! It's a nice, relaxing show and I'm having a tough time deciding on who is best girl - Hotaru or Saya. D:
I kind of lean more towards Hotaru since her hair is purple (and that's my favorite color) and she's pretty funny. But Saya is too~

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I love his voice really. Who is his voice actor btw it sounds really familiar to me?
I can't remember his name right now, but he is recognizable as the voice of Wesker from the RE games.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Ah, he did some some characters in Tales of Vesperia and Xenosaga Episode 3, so that'd be why then I guess
He'll also be in Fates voicing Gunter.

"War and I go way back."

Nah

Smash Champion
ok so which character is Gunter? I have not learned all the names of the Fates characters since I've been trying to avoid spoilers and being pretty tipsy does not help

is he the captain america guy

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
ok so which character is Gunter? I have not learned all the names of the Fates characters since I've been trying to avoid spoilers and being pretty tipsy does not help

is he the captain america guy
This is Gunter.
ギュンター_st_通常.png

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Marcina's aerials also come out faster, so there is a bit less endlag making it possible to do more combos now than before.

He's probably in mid right now, but imo I think he can finally make it to the high tiers(especially since Mr. R and Ally are interested in him again).

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
All of the buffs are as followed:
Down tilt, Jab, nair, fair, bair, and ftilt all have more range
You also now scoot forward slightly with ftilt similar to uptilt for more range
All aerials have less lag and +1 % damage
Jab, Down smash and dancing blade has less lag as well

Basically, he can combo much better, do more damage, and frame trap better than before
Also a big buff he got was the fact that Jab 1 to fsmash is MUCH easier to do. At certain percents, it's even a true combo. As well as Jab 1 to tipped fsmash.
Not as good as brawl Marth or Melee Marth, but Marth is definitely almost, if not already solo viable now. It's amazing <3

Top Bottom