• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Also, shoutouts to the awesome new Cloud and Bayonetta emotes! :4cloud2: :4bayonetta2:
OR for funsies, Jamieson Price aka Lu Bu. :p
Imagining Lu Bu's voice coming from Marth is downright hilarious to me!

:4marth:- "Can anybody provide me with a DECENT CHALLENGE?!"

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Wait... is that Yuri Lowenthal for Marth? Yuri voiced Marth in Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. if I remember correctly... Not a fan of Yuri for some reason... For younger characters, sure, but for Marth... Eh, I would have liked someone who sounded more regal or posh like Gideon Emery or smooth like Dan Southworth. OR for funsies, Jamieson Price aka Lu Bu. :p
I dunno, I think that Yuri did good this time.

Can't tell for Ike, but I know Ike had a different voice actor for Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. Going to assume they used those voice actors for their appearances in Fates.
Actually, Jason Adkins was indeed Ike's voice for S.T.E.A.M. He just can't keep Ike consistent for the life of him.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
With all these videos I might just have to avoid the forums for a few weeks since I actually have all the amiibo(Roy on the way) and I REALLY don't want it spoiled.

Plus I have the curiosity of 10 cats...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Naw man, it goes "I fight for my friends..............................................."

Seriously, Ike is literally the only character butchered by the new victory screens.

Still funny though.
Atleast Robin references Smash Bros though

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
:4bayonetta2:
Imagining Lu Bu's voice coming from Marth is downright hilarious to me!

:4marth:- "Can anybody provide me with a DECENT CHALLENGE?!"
Imagine this, but with Marth's name screamed in terror: It's... IT'S MARTH! MARTH'S COME TO DESTROY US! *dying noises* :p

Also, Jamieson Price voiced Nier in Nier Gestalt or NIER as it was localized. Whatever you do, don't hurt Marth's daughter or sister... or anyone related to him.

I dunno, I think that Yuri did good this time.
Eh, it's more of I don't like Yuri's voice for some reason kind of like I did like Liam O'Brien's voice, but then he appeared everywhere in Fallout: New Vegas and I just wanted to punch anyone who sounded like him. Sucks, since his work for War from Darksiders was freaking awesome.

Actually, Jason Adkins was indeed Ike's voice for S.T.E.A.M. He just can't keep Ike consistent for the life of him.
It's been years since he had to voice Ike since the last time he voiced Ike was in Brawl and Smash 4 reused Ike's clips from Brawl... I really wished that Smash 4 updated the other voices like it's great hearing Marth as is, but there was an interview where the voice actor really wanted to voice him again. Then there's the issues of reusing clips that just seem weird like I'd rather have goofy Bowser and DK, but slightly more serious than random animal noises. Probably misquoting, but an interview on Roy had Sakurai say he wanted Roy's Melee style voice and I hated Melee Roy's voice since it was just inconsistent; in-game, he was high-pitched, but his victory quotes were low. Smash 4 Roy strikes the balance and I really like Jun Fukuyama's "older" voice for Roy. It makes sense too since Smash 4 Roy looks older like this is the Roy from after Sword of Seal's story.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Imagine this, but with Marth's name screamed in terror: It's... IT'S MARTH! MARTH'S COME TO DESTROY US! *dying noises* :p

Also, Jamieson Price voiced Nier in Nier Gestalt or NIER as it was localized. Whatever you do, don't hurt Marth's daughter or sister... or anyone related to him.

Eh, it's more of I don't like Yuri's voice for some reason kind of like I did like Liam O'Brien's voice, but then he appeared everywhere in Fallout: New Vegas and I just wanted to punch anyone who sounded like him. Sucks, since his work for War from Darksiders was freaking awesome.

It's been years since he had to voice Ike since the last time he voiced Ike was in Brawl and Smash 4 reused Ike's clips from Brawl... I really wished that Smash 4 updated the other voices like it's great hearing Marth as is, but there was an interview where the voice actor really wanted to voice him again. Then there's the issues of reusing clips that just seem weird like I'd rather have goofy Bowser and DK, but slightly more serious than random animal noises. Probably misquoting, but an interview on Roy had Sakurai say he wanted Roy's Melee style voice and I hated Melee Roy's voice since it was just inconsistent; in-game, he was high-pitched, but his victory quotes were low. Smash 4 Roy strikes the balance and I really like Jun Fukuyama's "older" voice for Roy. It makes sense too since Smash 4 Roy looks older like this is the Roy from after Sword of Seal's story.
I would have greatly liked them having re voiced Ike's lines and added a little more to it. Not to mention Ike's 21 now than when he was 17-18 in Brawl, so he should sound a BIT different.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh gawds.... i can't...... stop.... laughing....... BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :joyful:!

I now have a New 3DS

I...was actually gonna do this(killing not sure if I'll include it unless it gets serious)
HA!

You know, Marth sounds pretty good. I wonder if Ike sounds okay-

"I'm Ike."

Damn. Better than I fight for my friends, I guess...

Also, Felicia actually sounds alright here. The "WE'VE GOT TROUBLE" must have been one of those weird voice clips that sound slightly different from the rest of the voice clips.
Oh well that's pretty cool. Yeah, her voice does sound better. Maybe the voice was weird cause it wasn't the final version and only just a place holder voice.

Edit: Okay, i've actually have watch the video now I have to say a few things

1) Marth's VA ins't bad. Though there are moments that are just weird.

2) Why does Ike sound so young? Seriously, his suppose to be big and scruffy. Why does he sound like a 14 year old?

3) Felicia voice does sound better, but it's still weird. It might be how the VA is play the character, i dunno. There just something weird.

:135:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I would have greatly liked them having re voiced Ike's lines and added a little more to it. Not to mention Ike's 21 now than when he was 17-18 in Brawl, so he should sound a BIT different.
This makes me wonder what would have happened if Link had his reused voice clips, but they were Young Link's. O_o

Speaking of a young Link, Toon Link sounds really weird in Hyrule Warriors because of that. His voice actress, - yes, Toon Link like Young Link was voiced by a woman which is common for kid characters -, Sachi Matsumoto, also hasn't voiced him since like 2008 for Brawl. Oh, and I would have loved it if they got Jennifer Hale, Samus's voice actress for the Prime series, to voice ZSS instead and maybe even Samus, but nope... Even the Other M voice actress, Alésia Glidewell, would have been fine just to see how her voice acting improved. Also, I miss Ali Hilis for Palutena...

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

:4dedede:- "Don't pursue Marth!"

YES! Liam O'Brien's War was PHENOMENAL (I love Darksiders so much)! Although, I knew him as Gaara of the Desert first.

Also, decided to do a new PostYourRosterHD with my current character setup, since I kind of started the recent trend of it with my previous post about the Corrin and Bayonetta update to it! :p

Screen shot 2016-02-06 at 1.13.57 AM.png

Green = Co-Mains
Grey = Secondaries
Pink = Interested

Just keep in mind that I'm certainly no pro player, so I tend to play and mess around with a lot more characters than most would recommend. But if/when I ever do go to a tournament, Greninja and Corrin are the characters I'll put my life on the line with!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
This makes me wonder what would have happened if Link had his reused voice clips, but they were Young Link's. O_o

Speaking of a young Link, Toon Link sounds really weird in Hyrule Warriors because of that. His voice actress, - yes, Toon Link like Young Link was voiced by a woman which is common for kid characters -, Sachi Matsumoto, also hasn't voiced him since like 2008 for Brawl. Oh, and I would have loved it if they got Jennifer Hale, Samus's voice actress for the Prime series, to voice ZSS instead and maybe even Samus, but nope... Even the Other M voice actress, Alésia Glidewell, would have been fine just to see how her voice acting improved. Also, I miss Ali Hilis for Palutena...
When you say Link, do you mean adult or Tink? Cause if you mean adult, I think you are forgetting there was an adult Link in Melee. And honestly, I won'y mind if they just resume those. That aside, Sm4sh Link's voice clips are reused. They the same ones from Brawl.

I haven't heard Toon Link's voice in HW, but I can honestly say i absolutely love Young Link's VA in Hyrule Warriors. Even if it is the same one he has had before, it's just so much better. It's so freaking adorable X3. Yeah, i kind of guess that they had Female VA. Like you said, it is very common for FVA to play younger male characters since there voice pitch is much higher than what most men have. Yeah, I want Palutena's original Uprising VA to..... still, at least Pit has his. Del Rio plays him so well.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
When you say Link, do you mean adult or Tink? Cause if you mean adult, I think you are forgetting there was an adult Link in Melee. And honestly, I won'y mind if they just resume those. That aside, Sm4sh Link's voice clips are reused. They the same ones from Brawl.

I haven't heard Toon Link's voice in HW, but I can honestly say i absolutely love Young Link's VA in Hyrule Warriors. Even if it is the same one he has had before, it's just so much better. It's so freaking adorable X3. Yeah, i kind of guess that they had Female VA. Like you said, it is very common for FVA to play younger male characters since there voice pitch is much higher than what most men have. Yeah, I want Palutena's original Uprising VA to..... still, at least Pit has his. Del Rio plays him so well.

I meant could you imagine if adult Link had kid Link's voice clips? It'd be weird... and annoying. This is why I avoid the Japanese audio of DBZ like the plague. Goku sounding like he is permanently breathing in helium is not something I want to hear.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I meant could you imagine if adult Link had kid Link's voice clips? It'd be weird... and annoying. This is why I avoid the Japanese audio of DBZ like the plague. Goku sounding like he is permanently breathing in helium is not something I want to hear.
Yeah, i guess it would be weird. Kind of reminds my of who I watched Shulk's Japan Smash trailer and hearing Ricken's there and then watching the English version and being so shocked on how different it was.

Wait, are you calling Young Link's voice annoying?! You trying to start something?!

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I'll post my mains as well:
FIRE EMBLEM BOYZ (AND GIRLZ)

^ These three up there are my secondaries instead ^​

Talking about the Amiibo units of Fates, I actually like the dubbing and I just hope in some good critical quotes, especially from Ike: :4myfriends:You'll get no sympathy from me:4myfriends:

Oh and on another topic, who saw the Thoron animation already? I think it's cool but it doesn't looks like Thoron at all...

Folt

Smash Ace
Talking about the Amiibo units of Fates, I actually like the dubbing and I just hope in some good critical quotes, especially from Ike: :4myfriends:
You'll get no sympathy from me​
:4myfriends:

Oh and on another topic, who saw the Thoron animation already? I think it's cool but it doesn't looks like Thoron at all...
I have. It doesn't look like Thoron yes, but it does look like Smash's version of the Thunder spell (which again looks like the thunder spell from Awakening).

Also, it's kind of funny that Thoron is now an exclusive tome instead of being one of the strongest normal tomes.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Liam voices characters in Fallout: NV? Must've not noticed. I know Yuri voices characters in NV, notably the male Courier, but Liam apparently went over my head.
Also, it's kind of funny that Thoron is now an exclusive tome instead of being one of the strongest normal tomes.
I can only presume that Bolganone and Rexcaliber got the same treatment?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Noone is allowed to replace Del Rio(his Pit is the definition of being Pit)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeah, i guess it would be weird. Kind of reminds my of who I watched Shulk's Japan Smash trailer and hearing Ricken's there and then watching the English version and being so shocked on how different it was.

Wait, are you calling Young Link's voice annoying?! You trying to start something?!

It'd be annoying for a grown man to sound like a little kid.

Liam voices characters in Fallout: NV? Must've not noticed. I know Yuri voices characters in NV, notably the male Courier, but Liam apparently went over my head.
Liam is EVERYWHERE in Fallout: New Vegas. It wasn't as funny as this, though.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I feel the opposite about Riki, his English VO is jarring to me, probably the only voice I don't like at all in EN Xenoblade.

Just found out Mamui's JP VA voices Shinichi Izumi from Parasyte, UGH I really wished we have VA options

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It'd be annoying for a grown man to sound like a little kid.

Liam is EVERYWHERE in Fallout: New Vegas. It wasn't as funny as this, though.
Nolan North can do anything

Folt

Smash Ace
Nope. Only Thoron. Though, to be fair, Thoron has become associated with Robin after Awakening was released, and Thunder is the first spell that he starts with proper: It's why Robin has access to all of the normal Thunder spells in Smash while he only gets a few of the other elemental spells.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
The Marth Discord group made a montage, so I thought I'd show you guys too
Me, @Matsushi and AmericanDJ AmericanDJ are in it, so yay
Woah, that was a really good montage, certain clips were awesome!
Love seeing all these setups and combos, It really makes me want to play the character more often, but I can't really play as Marth at all since I'm not the type of player who can play as him, I'm too much aggressive sometimes :laugh:

A shoutout to AmericanDJ AmericanDJ , loved that "How to bait a counter bait".

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
I haven't had too much time to try out Corrin, but I have to say, I'm really digging his/her. That far reaching arm-spear, the water projectile. It all feels good. I kind of wish his/her standard B attack didn't need to include the giant-bite follow-up every time it's used though.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Okay, so playing Awakening today made me really appreciate the critical quotes existence.

I was playing the final chapter, and I had Chrom and Robin paired up, because it was only right. The two ran up to the boss, Robin and the boss had a short conversation, Robin attacked and didn't do much damage, but then Chrom attacked and his quote "Your end has come!" was the one that he said. The boss, now half way dead, attacked Robin, but Chrom saved him. Robin attacked and missed, so after the turn ended, Chrom and Robin swapped to where Chrom was in the lead. Chrom got another crit, this time saying "Anything can change!" With the boss down to a single hit point, Robin attacked as well, saying "Time to tip the scales!" as he finished the boss off with the Book of Naga.

It was a hype moment.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Robin Discord also made a highlight video montage if anyone is interested.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
The Marth Discord group made a montage, so I thought I'd show you guys too
Me, @Matsushi and AmericanDJ AmericanDJ are in it, so yay
You being in this reminded me of something that I didn't notice until now.
2016-02-06.png

I don't know how I just now noticed. (guess I'm just used to you being a 3DS only user.)
A shoutout to AmericanDJ AmericanDJ , loved that "How to bait a counter bait".
Thank you! I'm not usually able to do stuff like that but when I do, it looks really stylish.:cool:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
You being in this reminded me of something that I didn't notice until now.
View attachment 95538
I don't know how I just now noticed. (guess I'm just used to you being a 3DS only user.)

Thank you! I'm not usually able to do stuff like that but when I do, it looks really stylish.:cool:
Ehehe, i've had a Wii U for about two months now! Ironically, my 3DS actually stopped working about two weeks after I got it, so good thing i did get one!
This post in general reminds me how I should play more of you guys with Smash Wii U. I'm usually either doing long sessions with Matsu or I'm on FG :L

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Ehehe, i've had a Wii U for about two months now! Ironically, my 3DS actually stopped working about two weeks after I got it, so good thing i did get one!
This post in general reminds me how I should play more of you guys with Smash Wii U. I'm usually either doing long sessions with Matsu or I'm on FG :L
Matsu is always fun to play with lmao. Need to play her offline next tournament too. Have practiced so much and am doing well against other UK tournament peeps that I hope to be able to get some games from her now ^^

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
I still need to start a Lunatic+ run. Last time I did, I accidentally saved over it with another file.
I'm trying to finish it and see every scrap of dlc(including beating Anna in Apotheosis) before fates arrives. Right now I'm in optimizing nether-realm since I've got Second Seals.

Also, just some friendly advice, what I did in the first 4 chapters was instantly have Robin get as much experience as he could, which even resulted in having Frederick tank the bosses hits until their weapons broke(took bloody forever), but it really paid off. By the time I got to Donnel, my Robin was already almost as helpful as Frederick.

*Edit
Also, chp. 3, if any of the bottom units have counter, reset the map. You CANNOT beat them if they have counter, even two or more lunas might be too much for Frederick. Took me 30 tries before I figured that out...
(Sorry if I sound like I'm back seating, just more passionate about this mode than I thought I would be, so feel free to ignore me).

Last edited:
Top Bottom