• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Well God isn't the type of man to be joked about. If people have a problem with God's name not being in some kind of joke, then this fine.
K that works too, my point is that you should consider making longer posts. if your post is two words chances are you really need to add more to your post

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
K that works too, my point is that you should consider making longer posts. if your post is two words chances are you really need to add more to your post
There's really not much to add after saying the words "Not God", but how about someone else instead...

Undertaker isn't a nerdy man, he's the ******* DEADMAN!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So, I'm looking for some Robin exp, anybody wants to play some matches?
I can play in about two hours for about an hour or so. We played on Smashladder a while back (I'm RazorWind) and I've been meaning to get some more practice with you since the patches.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I can play in about two hours for about an hour or so. We played on Smashladder a while back (I'm RazorWind) and I've been meaning to get some more practice with you since the patches.
Yeah I recognize you. That seems fine to me, would be enough time for me to play just before I have to leave to college.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Last page, there was something about confidence and playing...

My view is, it may not improve your playing, but it probably won't hurt it either. In fact, confidence would probably make you just have more fun. Plus, you're less likely to discount an actual accomplishment as "mere luck", or, "nah, my opponent was off his game." It's not a magic bullet, but I believe in it. "Believe in me who believes in you!"
Yours is the Thoron that will pierce the blast zones! :laugh:

Real talk, I don't think I would have beat the island's best Sonic player (and top 3 player overall) with my Robin on Saturday if I didn't somehow think I stood a chance.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Last page, there was something about confidence and playing...

My view is, it may not improve your playing, but it probably won't hurt it either. In fact, confidence would probably make you just have more fun. Plus, you're less likely to discount an actual accomplishment as "mere luck", or, "nah, my opponent was off his game." It's not a magic bullet, but I believe in it. "Believe in me who believes in you!"
Yours is the Thoron that will pierce the blast zones! :laugh:

Real talk, I don't think I would have beat the island's best Sonic player (and top 3 player overall) with my Robin on Saturday if I didn't somehow think I stood a chance.
I'm not suprised at all that Maui's top 3 would include a sonic. But yeah your overall advice is solid, barring the fact that going in with too much confidence can really break you.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I'm not suprised at all that Maui's top 3 would include a sonic. But yeah your overall advice is solid, barring the fact that going in with too much confidence can really break you.
Derp, I'm on Hawaii Island, not Maui... True, I neglected to warn against too much confidence. Thank you for the supplement!

Basically, as it stands, the top 4 on Kona side (not putting myself there since I haven't physically gotten 4th yet, nor am I a Kona local) have:
1. Sheik, Diddy, C. Falcon, Meta Knight, DK, and can secondary most anything.
2. Pikachu, Sonic, Kirby, Ness
3/4. Yoshi, Ness
3/4. Meta Knight, Fox, ZSS (I think?)

Hilo side is in much more flux, we've only had one tourney, so no official rankings are really out there. However, I can beat most people over there, most of the time, except I haven't been able to 1v1 the recognized best there for a year now.

Ka'u, where I am... I'm the only player I know. XD You can always be #1 if you restrict the geography enough. :p

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Derp, I'm on Hawaii Island, not Maui... True, I neglected to warn against too much confidence. Thank you for the supplement!

Basically, as it stands, the top 4 on Kona side (not putting myself there since I haven't physically gotten 4th yet, nor am I a Kona local) have:
1. Sheik, Diddy, C. Falcon, Meta Knight, DK, and can secondary most anything.
2. Pikachu, Sonic, Kirby, Ness
3/4. Yoshi, Ness
3/4. Meta Knight, Fox, ZSS (I think?)

Hilo side is in much more flux, we've only had one tourney, so no official rankings are really out there. However, I can beat most people over there, most of the time, except I haven't been able to 1v1 the recognized best there for a year now.

Ka'u, where I am... I'm the only player I know. XD You can always be #1 if you restrict the geography enough. :p
I feel dumb now. I always refer to the Big Island as the Big Island. Derp.

But yeah like I've gone in too hard for like casual play even and got bodied.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
When your favorite unit in a Fire Embull game dies:

Then you decide to reset your game so it was as if nothing happened:

Only for your favorite character to get rekt once more:

What a vicious cycle!

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688

What a vicious cycle!
How could you! You're no better a tactician than Gangrel with tactics like those. Learn to keep your favorites alive!

Nah, I kid you. Still, I rarely have the exact same unit die on the same map more than once. That only really happened to me in Sacred Stones, where apparently, the quick save also saves all the RNG rolls for the enemy's next turn. (Or at least it did for me.)

Yaki Yaki , no worries, I hardly expect people who don't live here to keep the islands straight all the time. And yeah, it's easy to screw up against casuals, especially when conditioning won't work half the time on them. But that moment you get into the groove against a set of casual players in 4 player smash, and win 90% of the matches over the next two hours... priceless. I still remember the time they decided to turn teams on and all when blue against my red. They got me the first game, but then I played again and beat them all. Alas, poor replay, I knew you well [before the patch].

D

Deleted member

What a vicious cycle!
This happens to me quite a bit. It sometimes dismotivates me from playing. D:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
@Raziek

<3

I think it's unlikely, though, and the first game don't really need a direct sequel, imo.
But seeing another entry in the series would be nice regardless.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Yeah. First time that my internet's not the guilty party, lol.

I was starting to get my groove going too, pineapple nonwithstanding.

Want to try again?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
GGs. Will have to play again sometime when the lag is a bit more friendly. Arcfire inputs turned into Elwinds and that was a bit frustrating. =p

Your Greninja is pretty fluid.

I've got a Biochem exam in three hours so I need to study for that too. Maybe we can play again Wednesday?

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
So today I had a bitter sweet experience at work. An elderly lady was checking out at my register and she was extremely friendly. She was having trouble putting her items into the bag so I decided to help her (just cause it's the right thing to do when you see someone in need of assistance).

She apologized for having to have me help her because of her age (in a humorous way) but I laughed and told her it was no big deal. She took note of my name card and said that it was the same as her husbands. She told me that he had helped her all the time and took care of her just like I had did.

Unfortunately he had passed away from cancer a couple years ago. I felt awful but before she left she told me
"Your smile and kindness remind me of him very much, thank you for all your help today".

So yeah that's my story for today. Hope you kiddies enjoyed it.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
GGs. Will have to play again sometime when the lag is a bit more friendly. Arcfire inputs turned into Elwinds and that was a bit frustrating. =p

Your Greninja is pretty fluid.

I've got a Biochem exam in three hours so I need to study for that too. Maybe we can play again Wednesday?
We could try. If nothing else I got to see that shurikens are very annoying for Robin to deal with.

Also Greninja's F-Air is so important for this MU since it outranges jab and is safe on shield if spaced.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
:wolf: literally got a perfect level up all stats including str/def and mag/res went up HP went up by 2 Jestar Jestar are you sure you want this broken piece of garbage in smash 4?
:shades: Yes, yes I do.

@Raziek

<3

I think it's unlikely, though, and the first game don't really need a direct sequel, imo.
But seeing another entry in the series would be nice regardless.
I played this game way back shortly after it came out. Good fun and the music was great. I also liked the art style too. Wouldn't mind seeing a sequel/successor to it if it ever happened.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
We could try. If nothing else I got to see that shurikens are very annoying for Robin to deal with.
They're really hard to powershield, at least in our current environment. I managed to get powershielding Tink's projectiles down to an art form after playing with the Tink in my scene repeatedly, to the point that he sometimes misses his followups after a confirm because I didn't powershield it when he expected me to, so I hope to get Shurikens down at some point.

Of course the same can be said for you and Elthunder.

Also Greninja's F-Air is so important for this MU since it outranges jab and is safe on shield if spaced.
Yeah, Robin's Fair is the only one that can contest it at max range, and it can beat it, but it has 18 frames startup on it including jump squat, so I have to be right on point to beat Greninja's Fair.

We both learned a few things in our set, really. Good times all around.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
In the Robin Social Thread, a good chunk of the avatars here must be a waifu.

We must please our tactician overlords one way or another.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Milo AKA Papa Milo AKA Papa Is it bad that it took me until now to notice the bandaid on Samus' left arm in your avatar?

Also, BS of the day: Colleges still charging you extra tuition for merely taking an online class from one of their sister campuses.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Matsushi made them actually.
I asked Matsu to make them for me. She's offering to make them for others, so if you want, you can get some. Although she's got a bit of a backlog and is busy otherwise so it might be a while, just so you know.
Oh really? Cool. I'll go ask her if I can have a few ( you know, when she isn't busy) They are really amazing!

@Matsushi ?

:135:

Last edited:
Top Bottom