• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Nah

Smash Champion
Also, BS of the day: Colleges still charging you extra tuition for merely taking an online class from one of their sister campuses.
Honestly the amount of money colleges charge you in general is bs

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Milo AKA Papa Milo AKA Papa Is it bad that it took me until now to notice the bandaid on Samus' left arm in your avatar?

Also, BS of the day: Colleges still charging you extra tuition for merely taking an online class from one of their sister campuses.
It's actually one of the first things I noticed with it! I think it's really cute, and one of the many reasons why I love this avatar <3

D

Deleted member

Honestly the amount of money colleges charge you in general is bs
Tell me about it. >_>

Recently, I registered for classes and my family almost had to either pay a crapton of money or lose my scholarship. Thankfully, the issue was resolved and it was all caused by a glitch. Many seniors at my college experienced the same issue.

My college is kinda expensive too, so paying for credits at face value would have been pretty devastating.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
If I was able to pay for stuff online I would have registered for Kings of the North 4 right now. And if I could drive.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Meanwhile in Britain: Free Education
*eats Crumpet and sips Tea*
brb moving to Britain.

I have a student loan system in my country which is pretty good already (at least compared to the US lol poor Americans) but free education? Heck yas.

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Tell me about it. >_>

Recently, I registered for classes and my family almost had to either pay a crapton of money or lose my scholarship. Thankfully, the issue was resolved and it was all caused by a glitch. Many seniors at my college experienced the same issue.

My college is kinda expensive too, so paying for credits at face value would have been pretty devastating.
Aiiiyeee, that sounds pretty serious. I almost went to Digipen in WA, but the tuition was way too much, even after a $13,000 scholarship... To say nothing of room and board.

Meanwhile in Britain: Free Education
*eats Crumpet and sips Tea*
Oi, oi, oi. Don't pretend you don't got your own problems in Britain.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
brb moving to Britain.

I have a student loan system in my country which is pretty good already (at least compared to the US lol poor Americans) but free education? Heck yas.
I literally just pay for the transport there.
University is a bit different but I'm only a few months from that stage then I'll be teaching Maths.
inb4 "Nobody said there'd be Math!"

Oi, oi, oi. Don't pretend you don't got your own problems in Britain.
Wasn't pretending tho. I'm just in one of the areas that doesn't suffer as much.

Is that why it's called "Great" Britain?
It's "Great" if you're a Politician or a Football (Soccer) player.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Is that why it's called "Great" Britain?
Nope. The only time the words "Great Britain" should be used together is if they're used ironically. The same goes for "United Kingdom".
Everyone talking about things being "Free" while I'm over here like...

Why hello swimming anime I haven't seen or heard of in nearly two years. How are you doing?

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Why hello swimming anime I haven't seen or heard of in nearly two years. How are you doing?
I haven't actually watched the anime either lol. I have watched some of the abridged series though which is pretty accurate to what the show's actually about according to my sister.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm one of the few anime fans who haven't watched Free. It just never seemed too interesting to me I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm one of the few anime fans who haven't watched Free. It just never seemed too interesting to me I guess.
You're not missing much imo. It feels a bit more like a shipteasing show that's based around swimming more then anything. It's not as serious or as good as some of the other sports anime like Eyeshield 21 or Kuroko's Basketball, but it's still an entertaining show.

It's a good watch and it looks really nice, but it's not as overall serious as one might think a sport anime would be. Once you get past the good looks and comedy there's not too much swimming or depth to it and it feels somewhat like a generic sports anime. That being said I liked it overall but I can see why some wouldn't be interested. (Makoto is such a wonderful husbando tho)

D

Deleted member

You're not missing much imo. It feels a bit more like a shipteasing show that's based around swimming more then anything. It's not as serious or as good as some of the other sports anime like Eyeshield 21 or Kuroko's Basketball, but it's still an entertaining show.

It's a good watch and it looks really nice, but it's not as overall serious as one might think a sport anime would be. Once you get past the good looks and comedy there's not too much swimming or depth to it and it feels somewhat like a generic sports anime. That being said I liked it overall but I can see why some wouldn't be interested. (Makoto is such a wonderful husbando tho)
I guess the rabid weeaboos on Tumblr ruined it for me. I don't like sports anime in general though so that was also why I didn't want to see it. At a time I did want to watch it just to see what the hype is about, but that was like 2 years ago and more anime has came my way since then~

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I guess the rabid weeaboos on Tumblr ruined it for me. I don't like sports anime in general though so that was also why I didn't want to see it. At a time I did want to watch it just to see what the hype is about, but that was like 2 years ago and more anime has came my way since then~
If you don't like sports anime then I probably wouldn't recommend it. The only other reason I would recommend it is to watch it for the eye candy/drama that goes on. Though if you're just going in for that then you can still probably do better with other anime.

Yeah, Tumblr really overhyped Free! and went crazy about it and it's pairings, which drew me away from Tumblr.

D

Deleted member

If you don't like sports anime then I probably wouldn't recommend it. The only other reason I would recommend it is to watch it for the eye candy/drama that goes on. Though if you're just going in for that then you can still probably do better with other anime.

Yeah, Tumblr really overhyped Free! and went crazy about it and it's pairings, which drew me away from Tumblr.
Tumblr tends to ruin good anime D:
It took me a long time to finally watch Attack on Titan for example because the Tumblrweebs overhyped it and it was the only thing they talked about. Good thing I did watch it though because the series was great, just the fangirls had to kill it a bit.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Wait, Free is that popular?
When it was airing it was. It's died down a bit now but it's still fairly popular.

Tumblr really overhyped Free! and went crazy about it and it's pairings, which drew me away from Tumblr.
Yeah, Free was on my Dashboard for miles on end when the anime got announced.

Tumblr tends to ruin good anime D:
It took me a long time to finally watch Attack on Titan for example because the Tumblrweebs overhyped it and it was the only thing they talked about. Good thing I did watch it though because the series was great, just the fangirls had to kill it a bit.
Attack on Titan was everywhere too while it was airing. After seeing it so much I decided to watch it to see what the whole fuss was about lol. I did end up enjoying it though.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Ah, this tumblr discussion reminds me of Hetalia.

Honestly, it's a very good and rather historically accurate (at least, when it comes to satire) anime. The jokes can be pretty hilarious if you can understand the references.
The second part of each episode is basically a short History class, too.

I dunno how some fans can even ship the characters. They aren't even supposed to be human, imo. They feel more like representations of each countrie's stereotypes.
How do you ship two countries, a bunch of lands, together? It's out of reach even for me:roll:

Top Bottom