• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
The legendary fujin KreyGasm.
Im starting to question my skill at FE, I breezed through Rekka no Ken no problem recently, and I decided to go really Awakening next, but without using free battles and paralogues for a change. I honestly had to allow myself access to paralogues once I reached chapter 11 as I kept getting one of my units killed. Do I suck at playing the game this way or is it kinda more designed to at least play a few free battles in between story progression to properly strengthen your party?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Don't feel bad. There are many who don't know of the legendary Fujin, aka the most banned Smashboards user of all time.
Speaking of which, isn't he permabanned for life? They've shut down the other, like, 5 accounts he made...

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Takumi is also one of the best archers in the history of Fire Embull.

#PraiseTakumi2K15

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's a bit shorter than my original one but I'll take what I can get. Thank you both for your generous help.

I'm on Mobile so I can't crop... Sorry. I think this is the largest it can be for Premium though so

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I'm afraid "Takumi" doesn't register. Your Hoshidian crap is an affront to Nohr.

Addendum: so is "St." Garon.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I'm feeling like I should quit Smash.....I'm so tired of this struggle, I'm so tired of my inability to figure things out and learn. I am so tired of how there's always this point I get to and can never get past in ****ing everything.

Gonna quit that Lunatic run of Awakening too, that ****'s ****ing impossible
I'm pretty terrible at Smash too. I don't get how people are able to learn quickly and are able to use tech and read other's moves. I can't read their moves I'm not psychic and my combo game is trash. :/ I guess I just need more practice.
Admittedly, I don't usually feel that good at the game either. But I never give up and I always try to get better.

I'd suggest playing new people/ learning from experts in your mains
Maybe I should try that. (Though I would actually have to find them first.)
I'd more so suggest playing people at, or slightly above your own skill level. You should also make sure you've got your fundamentals down pat before you try to do stuff that's high profile. That being said, your own negative thinking can actually stop you from improving. It's like a mental wall. You have to make your view on it positive before you can improve.
I also should try that too, but I need to find people at my level first.

Oh and welcome back Benishigure Benishigure !

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Nah Nah @Sanae
i felt p much the same way until roughly ~5 months ago when i started getting really into smash. here are a few tips:
1. be confident
be confident in your ability to beat whoever you are playing. HOWEVER, don't think you're impossible to win against. you have to be careful, especially when you're doing a risky move; losing no stocks is better than losing one.
2. if you're having issues with a specific character, look into their matchups
i'm not sure how accurate the matchup lists that exist for smash 4 (which i'm assuming you play) are, because i don't play smash 4 very much, but if you really have issues with a character, find out who they suck against and try to learn them. worst case scenario, you have more experience with a character than you did before.
3. watch high level players playing the matchups you are having issues with
this should give you an idea as to how to deal with the characters you're struggling against.
4. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE
for this i wouldn't recommend playing on FG because 90% of people on FG are ****ters, but FG is better than nothing if you can't find someone to practice against. if you're looking for someone to practice against, look for someone that you think is much better than you. losing creates a longer lasting impression than winning most of the time for me.
5. go to locals
going to local tournaments will help A LOT, especially if you can't find someone to practice with for step 4. not only will you meet more people and make more friends, but you'll also understand just how good other people can be if you're trying to make it competitively.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Gurls how does Robin do against Fox?
I need to pick a character for that match up that doesn't get destroyed.

ezpz

I also should try that too, but I need to find people at my level first.
I know you're active on anther's so that's kind of a step in the right direction, but lol anthers. I'd suggest trying one of the match up threads in the online section.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
seems like you gorls have been visiTed by lord Fuujin

be grateful she came here to bless you all with ha powahs of sass and perfecTion

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Gorl, you have no idea.

And that's not even all of them.

oh btw hey sisters I'm back :D
Oh, dear. I knew I had seen this creepy avatar theme somewhere else:roll:

Welcome back, dear.
Btw, your One Punch man Avatar and sign are pretty awesome <3

How are ya'll playing this new Fire Emblem?
Is it even out yet in the US?

When and where?
It's the magic of globalization and spoilers, dear.
Unfortunately.
:drsad:

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Well,

Bye, Fuujin.
Gorl, you have no idea.

And that's not even all of them.

oh btw hey sisters I'm back :D
This loser needs to get laid... BADLY. I fail to see why you'd waste your time like this. Just accept the fact that you're NOT WANTED and move on. I never stay where I think I'm not wanted.
Hence the reason I'm coming here less and less.
I guess I should just stop trying to understand the mindsets and mind workings of trolls... Just causing myself unnecessary stress.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
u would think by now he would use a different alias
why not just get the server admin to restrict his IP from visiting this site
Admins in general (not just here) REALLY don't like IP banning because it runs the risk of stopping other, more legit users from coming and using the site. For all we know, he could be posting from something like a Starbucks, school or some other public place. IP banning would prevent legitimate users from coming from that IP.

Also, for determined enough trolls, IP bans are nothing.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Yeah guys the whole "believe in yourself/have confidence in yourself" thing is not appealing to me at all. Attitude is not a replacement for skill. And even when I am feeling pretty good it doesn't change my performance really. I want to have something to base my confidence on, not be confident for no reason.

It's also not really for a lack of trying I would think. I play the game plenty, read up on what I can, have watched a video or two, posted a few videos for critiques, etc. The problem is that I seem to be unable to learn past a basic point and lack the ability to figure things out past a certain point.

Im starting to question my skill at FE, I breezed through Rekka no Ken no problem recently, and I decided to go really Awakening next, but without using free battles and paralogues for a change. I honestly had to allow myself access to paralogues once I reached chapter 11 as I kept getting one of my units killed. Do I suck at playing the game this way or is it kinda more designed to at least play a few free battles in between story progression to properly strengthen your party?
It's more the game than you really. As much as I like the game, Awakening doesn't exactly lend itself well to strategy imo since the majority of the maps are big-ass open spaces and the enemy army has a tendency to just have all their units rush at you. So since you're outnumbered most of the time and there's often not a good way to make use of the map to make up for your force being smaller, you kinda have to play paralouges and extra maps in order to strengthen your units enough to level the playing field. You can at least try to keep the number of extra maps you play to a minimum, but yeah you gotta do at least a few during the course of the game.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
This loser needs to get laid... BADLY. I fail to see why you'd waste your time like this. Just accept the fact that you're NOT WANTED and move on. I never stay where I think I'm not wanted.
I guess I should just stop trying to understand the mindsets and mind workings of trolls... Just causing myself unnecessary stress.
It's comments like these that bring them back. Anything with a hint of negativity towards them is just perceived as "butthurt," and it's fairly written in stone that damn near nothing will actually offend them. They're able to take the internet for what it is: a place with random strangers, and thanks to anonymity they can say pretty much whatever they want.

It could be a lot worse, though. At least Fujin puts actual thought in his trolling, unlike those illiterate wannabes that prowl the Youtube comments section and fail at everything other than making themselves look like idiots.

Also note it is ridiculously easy to change your IP. Someone on another forum I'm on was able to make dozens of dupes after being IP banned each time, and he was only 15.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
proxies tho

So I missed the legendT of Fujin again? :/
true i suppose, why not just filter the words Fujin, Fuj!n, etc. whenever someone tries to make a username with those in them? like how google filters usernames with curse words in them

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
So I just encountered the infamous Fujin? The Board Boomerang? The Master of Come 'n Go?

Eh.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
It's more the game than you really. As much as I like the game, Awakening doesn't exactly lend itself well to strategy imo since the majority of the maps are big-*** open spaces and the enemy army has a tendency to just have all their units rush at you. So since you're outnumbered most of the time and there's often not a good way to make use of the map to make up for your force being smaller, you kinda have to play paralouges and extra maps in order to strengthen your units enough to level the playing field. You can at least try to keep the number of extra maps you play to a minimum, but yeah you gotta do at least a few during the course of the game.
I had this thought, as regardless of whether you are in their movement range or not, they'll eventually come rushing at you at some points, at least during the earlier maps, and there's really no places where to properly cover due to the structure of the maps. Maybe there's a particular set of units that'd let you get through the game without ever doing optional battles, but I like being able to choose who I use. I'll probably do the paralogues that I unlock if I keep getting stuck (after all, I always do gaiden chapters in Rekka no Ken), but it's kind of weak design if you can't have a more traditional experience if you desire.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
GGs Koiba Koiba . I'll try to upload those matches for critiquing purposes.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
You're taking this waaaaaay too seriously gorl

Take a deep breath. Then

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Moydow Moydow ready to play when you are! Hope the lag isn't too bad
Yeah guys the whole "believe in yourself/have confidence in yourself" thing is not appealing to me at all. Attitude is not a replacement for skill. And even when I am feeling pretty good it doesn't change my performance really. I want to have something to base my confidence on, not be confident for no reason.

It's also not really for a lack of trying I would think. I play the game plenty, read up on what I can, have watched a video or two, posted a few videos for critiques, etc. The problem is that I seem to be unable to learn past a basic point and lack the ability to figure things out past a certain point.
Attitude isn't a replacement for skill by any means, but a negative attitude about your skill acts as a mental wall whether realize it or not. You seem to bash yourself a lot when it comes to the game, that kinds of thinking can prevent you from realizing that you're getting better.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Attitude isn't a replacement for skill by any means, but a negative attitude about your skill acts as a mental wall whether realize it or not. You seem to bash yourself a lot when it comes to the game, that kinds of thinking can prevent you from realizing that you're getting better.
I don't bash myself, I'm just stating what the reality is.

Top Bottom