• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I have some FE 7 related questions for everyone to answer.
I am currently on chapter 22 of the game and I know that I can do a side quest chapter but how do I get it?
I also know that in chapter 23 I have to pick between 2 characters. How do I decide which one I get? Which of the 2 should I get?
This also applies to chapter 25.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I am currently on chapter 22 of the game and I know that I can do a side quest chapter but how do I get it?
I also know that in chapter 23 I have to pick between 2 characters. How do I decide which one I get? Which of the 2 should I get?
To reach 22x, you need to recruit Hawkeye and have him survive the chapter, and also gain a total of 700 EXP across all your units in that chapter - try to get to the bosses quickly, or Pent will kill them before you can.

For 23, whichever you get depends on the total levels of the three lords at the end of 22(x). If it's 50 or more, you go to 23A (Linus' map), which gets you Geitz (talk with Dart). If it's 49 or less, you go to 23B (Lloyd's map), which gets you Wallace (talk with Lyn/Kent/Sain/Wil/Florina). You're probably not going to use either, so don't worry too much about it.

As for 25, which character you get depends on whether you defeat 2 or more promoted enemies, or unlock four or more doors. If you do so, you get Karel, a Swordmaster. If not, you get Harken, a Hero. They're both decent filler units, but Harken comes with a brave sword, so you might prefer that. Karel is recruited by talking with Eliwood or Lyn, and Harken is recruited by Eliwood, Marcus, Lowen, Hector, Oswin, or Isadora.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I play :4feroy:as a secondary so I'll just give you my take on him. He's overall a pretty solid character that's incredibly fast despite how hard he hits. He has the tools to combo and wall-out his opponent if played correctly. However, his approach game and offstage game are much more limited compared to :4lucina:

His weight and fast fall speed can work heavily against him as well making him "combo food" and allowing people to easily gimp him if you're not careful.

:4feroy: however excels fighting on stage because of his speed and momentum. He has a much easier time controlling the stage compared to :4lucina:

In short though :4feroy:has a stronger on stage game and :4lucina:has a stronger off stage game presence. Depending on what you're more comfortable with I'd recommend going with that.
These were some of my thoughts. Tho think logically, Lucina probable would be better for me, since I always try to go deep off stage (it never ends well) but I just have so much more fun with Roy. I think t might have something to do with his weight and how he just feels 'fast' to play. Tho how does he go against top tier characters? I'd imagine him being combo food wouldn't help him a lot.

:135:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Your avatar and gif choice are of exceptional quality. It is only natural youd be a part of the friendship emblem.
Yay!
. A(+) Support Emblem is Best Emblem! May our joyous friendship carry on to unbreakable heights in our lives!

Also, I too wish I was good Robin. I'm just happy that i'm becoming solid with Peachy-kins. I'm content with that. (Video Reference:
)

Besides, Robin was meant to be a "For Funsies!' character for me.

BTW, why hasn't anyone shipped Robin x Corrin yet?! That would be like...the ship, especially since those two know how to tip everyone else's scales with S-ranks.

Just thinking about it has me like:

#timetotipthelove.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
So, I've ran into some funny fire emblem images that i'd like to share with my tacties

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I absolutely love the YGO faces.

Especially Tristan's "omfg yes" face in he Dartz arc.

(Context: Yugi and Kaiba summoned Dragon Master Knight with enough strength to crush Dartz in a single shot.)

Majestic.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
22x is obtained by recruiting Hawkeye and gaining a total of 700 exp in the chapter. (You will need to Rescue Pent before he slaughters everything)

Chapter 23 is not a choice, per se. You get either the Linus version or the Lloyd version depending on the total level of your Lords. If Hector + Lyn + Eliwood >= 50, you get Linus' version, which has Geitz. If less, you get Lloyd's and get Wallace.

Chapter 25 is determined by the combined level totals of units that promote with Guiding Ring vs. those that use Hero Crest. I forget which is which, but in both cases you can recruit either Harken or Karel (but not both), the recruit conditions just change slightly.

http://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/characters/recruitment/

Folt

Smash Ace
Yeah the portrayals of characters from SW to SB are wildly different in most cases. Oda goes from being a very morally grey, complex, and dynamic character to being a stupidly obvious evil villain archetype. But he's voiced by the great NORIO WAKAMOTO so it all balances out.

Meanwhile, Kanbei is portrayed as an insanely unlucky, but overall nice guy who's entire moveset is based around the ball and chain attached to his hands, as opposed to the devious, intelligent, do-anything-to-win strategist we see in SW.

I'd recommend Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes for the PS3 or Wii, it's the best (localized) SB game.

Same here, I'm dying for a Fire Emblem Warriors!
Norio Wakamoto is love!

Samurai Warriors Kanbei made me incredibly interested in the real Kanbei. He served under all three Unifiers at some point (Oda through Hideyoshi by proxy before Oda died) and was feared as a man who could have the ambition and will to unify Japan under himself one day, yet didn't.

A Fire Emblem Warriors must happen at some point!

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
A Fire Emblem Warriors must happen at some point!
that is basically my most wanted game.

although tbh a fire emblem crossover featuring chrom and caede fighting alongside aspiring idols is up there. although i'd have preferred it if it was actual fire emblem idols LOL

Folt

Smash Ace
that is basically my most wanted game.

although tbh a fire emblem crossover featuring chrom and caede fighting alongside aspiring idols is up there. although i'd have preferred it if it was actual fire emblem idols LOL
From what I heard, idol FE bombed, but is a good game. I'm certainly getting it.

Also, in my vision of FE Warriors, I'd put it in an alternate version of Awakening (since that setting ties many of the games together) where Lucina's intervention leads to Outrealm and Time Travel shenanigans for many FE characters.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
These were some of my thoughts. Tho think logically, Lucina probable would be better for me, since I always try to go deep off stage (it never ends well) but I just have so much more fun with Roy. I think t might have something to do with his weight and how he just feels 'fast' to play. Tho how does he go against top tier characters? I'd imagine him being combo food wouldn't help him a lot.

He does fairly well if you manage to space and keep the momentum going. He has a bit of an easier time dealing with rush down characters like :4sheik::4mario::4falcon:compared to :4myfriends:in my opinion. But mistakes can be very fatal considering how easy he is to combo and juggle. :4feroy:is still a solid character though that rewards you if you play him correctly.

Also ☆Jazz☆ ☆Jazz☆ dat Robin avi...

Last edited:

DialNouns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NiallDownes95
Anyone up for some friendlies?

EDIT: Actually, never mind gotta go.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well I just beat chapter 22 on Fe7 and unlocked chapter 22x.
One thing that happened that I regret was that one of the bosses had a guiding ring which I wanted to get. I thought that he would drop it.
He didn't.
It's a shame because I also maxed out Serra.
Also I came across this line.

Quite fitting considering Robin uses Magic.
And Florina's stats as a Falcoknight are just beautiful.

(and that was before the chapter.)
Also is it a typo that it says Falcoknight instead of Falcon Knight?

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
From what I heard, idol FE bombed, but is a good game. I'm certainly getting it.
oh really? i thought it'd do well! but i guess it isn't for everyone...well that's probably an understatement, when looking at the likes to dislikes ratio on any video concerning it :V
even though im not overly thrilled with the characters that they chose for mirages, they're definitely not bad! and the music is written by Yoshiaki Fujisawa, who wrote a lot of the songs for Love Live. I kindaaa wish there was some kind of rhythm element implemented in the gameplay considering it's an idol thing, but I'm happy enough as it is!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I decided to download Sacred Stones and start a new game again. It's fun just playing a less frustrating FE game where you can just go through and enjoy the story and the incredible unit.

Amelia da best

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I believe it's due to the character limit, so they had to shorten it.
That or IS just really liked Star Fox at the time. :4falco:
Reminds me of how in the pre gen 6 Pokemon games it was "Parlz heal" instead of "Paralyze heal".
Even in the Orre games (even though it wouldn't have looked out of place AT ALL)

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
He does fairly well if you manage to space and keep the momentum going. He has a bit of an easier time dealing with rush down characters like :4sheik::4mario::4falcon:compared to :4myfriends:in my opinion. But mistakes can be very fatal considering how easy he is to combo and juggle. :4feroy:is still a solid character though that rewards you if you play him correctly.

Thanks! I literally google'd "Fire Emblem Cute", and the avi came up as one of the 1st choices. It was meant to be ;).
Best Smash comic I've seen in awhile!

LOL. Best comic in a while indeed!

Though, I sympathize with Corrin in this because...well..

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
With help from a gift card, I got myself this game.
View attachment 89826
With the help of a GameStop gift card, I will be getting Xenoblade X as well, later today! (I'll also preorder Birthright. I'll get Conquest digitally when it releases with the discount, so I would be able to make my choice with both routes purchased.)

:040:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
After watching some of Raz's uploaded marches I find myself using elfire on a stage edges a lot :054:
^^^^^^
I''ve been doing the same thing honestly

btw, Roy / marth / lucina are characters I'd like to train against with you or anyone really someday :p
I'm not the best Marth but I don't think it's that bad, I'll play you sometime!

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Best Smash comic I've seen in awhile!

She is the physic embodiment of evil.

Awesome, thanks for the advice.
I think it also cool that you don't have hit Roy's super sweet spot to still get early kills.

With help from a gift card, I got myself this game.
View attachment 89826
I've been consider getting Xeno X but I'm not sure if I should. Should I get it?

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
She is the physic embodiment of evil.

Awesome, thanks for the advice.
I think it also cool that you don't have hit Roy's super sweet spot to still get early kills.

I've been consider getting Xeno X but I'm not sure if I should. Should I get it?

Sure thing bro anytime. Also if you're thinking about purchasing Xeno X...

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
^^^^^^
I''ve been doing the same thing honestly
Well it IS a pretty good option lol, what with the mindgames it can produce and it's relative lack of punishability, at least in my experience. Only certain characters can completely circumvent it as well, and as Raz pointed out, the game specifically mentions it as an effective application for Arcfire :p

Top Bottom