• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's crazy how 2015 is already coming to a close. To me, it feels like not too long ago we just got Sm4sh for Wii U and 3DS. It's amazing how time flies when you least expect it.
Why do we all say the exact same thing but with a different year number...every year? Is every year really getting shorter, making Bill Cipher and his Illuminati confirmed to be real?

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
So I just got back from a Tourney that's still going on. How is everyone?

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
So I just got back from a Tourney that's still going on. How is everyone?
exhausted because i can't sleep until 2am and for some reason woke up at 6am this morning x_x

how was the tourney? B)

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
exhausted because i can't sleep until 2am and for some reason woke up at 6am this morning x_x

how was the tourney? B)
104 people signed up. Usually we get 38 or so most times. It was crazy clustered. We had to move some set ups to the front of the venue. Still it was pretty warm inside while it was bloodydamn cold outside.
I only got to Round 3 Losers.
http://challonge.com/msm30singles

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I don't know how no one got a hold of my current username when I made my account.

Not complaining!
I won't lie, I tried using Izayoi as a username at some point but you already had it lol

So I've been thinking about maybe removing the Japanese characters from my username and asking a mod perhaps to have just the name "Rinku". Though the Japanese characters give a nice theme to it. What do you guys think?
You know me and Japanese characters... ;)
I'd say if you really want to, change it, since we can adjust our names every 30 days, you'll still be Rinku either way haha.

But by this point in time, I strongly associate the katakana with you~

Last edited:

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
104 people signed up. Usually we get 38 or so most times. It was crazy clustered. We had to move some set ups to the front of the venue. Still it was pretty warm inside while it was bloodydamn cold outside.

Don't feel bad about it. Just find out why you lost, and work towards it. And that result is still good anyways.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
All the names I've had prior to this have all been unique.

Star_Kid (with stars)....Star_Lee (with stars)....Zanda_JGPT (with hearts)....and now Jazz (it's really because of the stars that makes this name unique. Thanks based Wii U symbols).

I may just go back to Zanda in the future.

Oh, and comic of the day!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Thanks for streaming and spreading knowledge for the tactician troop!
I enjoyed my time there while I could handle my sleepiness, but I'm glad I contributed to some extent!
No problem, it was fun!

Every time Dath and I decide to do this I'm like 'maybe it won't take THAT long' and then it takes nearly 5 hours and I'm up till 5:30 AM.

No Regerts.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Oh, and comic of the day!
First Hinoka calls Camilla 'Nohrian Scum', then she blames Takumi for absolutely no reason. I thought Hoshido was supposed to be peace-loving? I see now that was nothing but a farce to hide their true nature.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Well as someone who has only played FE Awakening. I am now beginning Fire Emblem Blazing Sword (of which I will then play it's direct sequel, Blinding Blade - chronologically I mean. Blinding Blade actually came first.)

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
No problem, it was fun!

Every time Dath and I decide to do this I'm like 'maybe it won't take THAT long' and then it takes nearly 5 hours and I'm up till 5:30 AM.

No Regerts.
I'm also thankful as well! It was well worth watching, even though I fell to sleep in an instant at 3:00 a.m smh.
First Hinoka calls Camilla 'Nohrian Scum', then she blames Takumi for absolutely no reason. I thought Hoshido was supposed to be peace-loving? I see now that was nothing but a farce to hide their true nature.
oh you ;).
If you don't mind, I have a question to ask.

What were you feeling when you were competing in a match? Like, was it exciting?....maybe nerve-wrecking? I just want to know this, since I'll be going to one sometime next year.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
No problem, it was fun!

No Regerts.
Wuuut 5 hours? I'm gonna have the archived video playing for a while, then..XD

No Regerts.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
What were you feeling when you were competing in a match? Like, was it exciting?....maybe nerve-wrecking? I just want to know this, since I'll be going to one sometime next year.
i know you weren't asking me but i'm gonna reply anyway :ness::ness::ness::ness::ness::ness::ness::ness:

i'm not exactly a veteran, i kind of only just got into our competitive scene during the second half of this year, and can't make it to every event. but for my first 2 events i was so nervous, my hands were shaking. the first time it hindered me, and the second time it wasn't as bad but it didn't help.
im a nervous person anyway so i guess this is not all that surprising. but at this stage after going to a couple of tournaments i think it feels normal enough to me that i'll be able to give the next one my full attention and not have another stuff distracting me.

you should try to enjoy it first and foremost :ness:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
i know you weren't asking me but i'm gonna reply anyway :ness::ness::ness::ness::ness::ness::ness::ness:

i'm not exactly a veteran, i kind of only just got into our competitive scene during the second half of this year, and can't make it to every event. but for my first 2 events i was so nervous, my hands were shaking. the first time it hindered me, and the second time it wasn't as bad but it didn't help.
im a nervous person anyway so i guess this is not all that surprising. but at this stage after going to a couple of tournaments i think it feels normal enough to me that i'll be able to give the next one my full attention and not have another stuff distracting me.

you should try to enjoy it first and foremost :ness:
Thanks for this info, Lex!

Well, I better prepare for that fateful day. The fateful day of gracing the competitive scene with butterflies in my stomach. That'll be filled with much better smashers..

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Ahhhhh, y'know it's been so nice not having to worry about speculation and conspiracy theories after the final Smash prese-

*sees several "Could Wolf still happen in Smash?" videos*

(start at 7:33)
No Regerts.
"Regerts?" Is that a new brand of yogurt? :p
Well, to be fair, Takumi is to blame for everything.....

EVERYTHING.

Also, could anyone link me to a good video-to-gif converter? I want to make a better Ii Naomasa gif for my signature.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1

Well, I better prepare for that fateful day. The fateful day of gracing the competitive scene with butterflies in my stomach. That'll be filled with much better smashers..
hehe
aw believe me, once you go to one you'll just have to go to another one, so you can do better at that one...and then another one....and another... :V

but yeah, just make sure to enjoy it as best you can and don't worry too much! that's my advice anyway.

Zantetsugun Zantetsugun omg that Takumi pic actually made me laugh out loud

no regerts

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato

Tournament?

Try a convention where it was pretty much casual Sm4shing.

I still felt :012:. My hands were shaking.
I did several bad mistakes on an otherwise winnable fight.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well, to be fair, Takumi is to blame for everything.....

EVERYTHING.

"I spoiled the entire story of The Force Awakens to the Kingdom of Nohr! That oughta teach them not to invade our land!"
View attachment 89982
"I killed Fiora. That ougha keep British Blonde hair swordsmen from inva-
Oh wait."

DialNouns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NiallDownes95
i was so nervous, my hands were shaking.
Overcoming nerves is a huge part of getting better, and my nerves destroyed me at StP in Dublin. Luckily(?) I wasn't taking smash 4 as seriously as the other games, and I ended up placing well in that because I was relaxed.
(Project M was a disaster though...)
It really sucks when you feel like you should be doing so much better, but your (stupid) hands decide that you should SD instead.
I didn't see any of your pools matches at StP, how did you end up doing?

Last edited:

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
Overcoming nerves is a huge part of getting better, and my nerves destroyed me at StP in Dublin. Luckily(?) I wasn't taking smash 4 as seriously as the other games, and I ended up placing well in that because I was relaxed.
(Project M was a disaster though...)
It really sucks when you feel like you should be doing so much better, but your (stupid) hands decide that you should SD instead.
I didn't see any of your pools matches at StP, how did you end up doing?
I actually didn't end up getting too nervous at StP! That's kind of what I was referencing when I said I'd sort of gotten over nerves.
but yeah I did awful lol... SD'd every set no exaggeration. i have no idea what happened, I was doing pretty okay in friendlies but...
Think it was a combination of being sick + omg it was so hot in there + had to wait for 2 and a half hours for my pool to even start, and knew that I had to leave at 7.

I was feeling pretty upset about it but meh there's nothing I can do now. Next time it won't happen B)

If only every event could be as well organized at Eirtakon was. That was amazing.

How did you get on?

DialNouns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NiallDownes95
omg it was so hot in there + had to wait for 2 and a half hours for my pool to even start
Oh god it was so uncomfortably hot, and the pools were so badly run....
I somehow stumbled into top 8 ( 7th place B-) ) in smash 4 and got absolutely DESTROYED in melee for 13th.

I'm super mad at myself for project M though, took a game off the #5 PR'd player in a super close set, then lost to a player I should have beaten in loser's bracket for 17th :(.

I was feeling pretty upset about it but meh there's nothing I can do now. Next time it won't happen B)
Pretty much this^

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
Oh god it was so uncomfortably hot, and the pools were so badly run....
I somehow stumbled into top 8 ( 7th place B-) ) in smash 4 and got absolutely DESTROYED in melee for 13th.

I'm super mad at myself for project M though, took a game off the #5 PR'd player in a super close set, then lost to a player I should have beaten in loser's bracket for 17th :(.

Pretty much this^
yeah there is not supposed to be that many people in that place lol. i actually thought i was going to pass out, i had to keep going outside. usually it's extremely cold in there, like last time i went before StP we were all legit shivering. It's a bit of a mess of a venue but it's better than nothing
wow that's really good, weren't you in pools with Mint as well? I just remember poor An2 having to fight 2 Rosas in a row haha

next year i will put in work, thats my resolution lol

DialNouns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NiallDownes95
It's a bit of a mess of a venue but it's better than nothing
I'd kill for regular meetups like that in Limerick, we get one tournament every 2 months and never see any other players besides that...

wow that's really good, weren't you in pools with Mint as well? I just remember poor An2 having to fight 2 Rosas in a row haha
Thanks! I really wasn't expecting that kind of result at all in Smash 4, and I could tell everyone else in my pool hated having two Rosas in there, lol. I noticed more than one person getting very salty with me. (I enjoyed it so much)

next year i will put in work, thats my resolution lol
Same here, i'm planning on making the journey up to XGC for practice on a semi-regular basis, because Limerick has like 3 players now, lol

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I wonder how Nohr is taking Takumi spoiling The Force Awakens...
I still can't believe I even made this.
Nohr Reacts Final.png

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
I'd kill for regular meetups like that in Limerick, we get one tournament every 2 months and never see any other players besides that...

Thanks! I really wasn't expecting that kind of result at all in Smash 4, and I could tell everyone else in my pool hated having two Rosas in there, lol. I noticed more than one person getting very salty with me. (I enjoyed it so much)

Same here, i'm planning on making the journey up to XGC for practice on a semi-regular basis, because Limerick has like 3 players now, lol
Yeah it's nice to have it like an hour away from me. I should try to go more often than I do really...I mean i don't go every week. If I lived in Dublin I probably would
I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you do come down for a regular weekly. Just watch out for people watching um..very weird stuff on the computers on the ground floor lol

DialNouns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NiallDownes95
Yeah it's nice to have it like an hour away from me. I should try to go more often than I do really...I mean i don't go every week. If I lived in Dublin I probably would
I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you do come down for a regular weekly. Just watch out for people watching um..very weird stuff on the computers on the ground floor lol
It's almost 3 hours for me :(

Still, I feel like its worth it to go there, and maybe I'll see you there sometime.
And I'll be sure to watch out for the ground floor weirdos, lol

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Zero though loll

It's like he's amused at everyone's disappointment
That's because
he told Takumi to tell Kylo to kill his father, Han so he can tell Nohr of the spoiler for Zero's own amusement.They're in cahoots I tell you!

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well there's at least four, including myself, and five if you count Finch (though I've heard he isn't into competitive Smash as much these days).

Formal and I just can't travel 'cos we're broke as all hell~ ;3

DialNouns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NiallDownes95
Well there's at least four, including myself, and five if you count Finch (though I've heard he isn't into competitive Smash as much these days).

Formal and I just can't travel 'cos we're broke as all hell~ ;3
Come January we're losing Pa, Finch and Formal to Co-op

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Come January we're losing Pa, Finch and Formal to Co-op
Formal says he's going to go to more things when he's on co-op, since he'll have a good bit of free time and a sustainable income.

...I'm just now realising that he won't be in Limerick to body me daily in Smash AND THAT MAKES ME SAD.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
guys, what is co-op?

and im sure a group of dublin people will head to something in Limerick at some stage too!

DialNouns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NiallDownes95
guys, what is co-op?

and im sure a group of dublin people will head to something in Limerick at some stage too!
It's college work placement, losing our beloved Pac-Man to Athlone :(

Looking forward to a Dublin invasion, just gonna miss having some of our regulars around all the time.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
It's college work placement, losing our beloved Pac-Man to Athlone :(

Looking forward to a Dublin invasion, just gonna miss having some of our regulars around all the time.
oh okay. i had a feeling it was something like that

was that the guy who's fire hydrant got that janky kill on that falcon player? that was so funny

Top Bottom