• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
With everyone talking about who's the best Robin, this seems like a good time to bring up the fact I've been here for a week, but I still haven't fought anyone. For all we know, I could be the best Robin! The only reason Raziek won SoS3 is because I was too late to enter. :shades:

Anyone want to face the world's best Robin?
If you do, then I'm sorry because all that was sarcasm (I don't know if it was obvious enough), I'm definitely nowhere near being world's best anything. I'd still like to maybe have a few matches though.
I'm actually in the mood for a couple games. Add me and I'll host in a bit :)

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
i wish my robin was as 'average' as nairo's lol
then maybe people would draw me nice fanart like this
BOTTLEROB!!.png

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
If you wanna be good you just play and study and enjoy yourself while learning the game. It will all come in due time also having a local scene and making friends help.

I think it is likely. Dath has played and beaten Nairo in dittos, and I beat Dath in dittos. Dath also tells me that I would most likely win the ditto vs. Nairo. So it seems a reasonable claim to make.

You're forgetting Dath.

The list of Robin players who currently matter is: Raziek, Dath, Nairo, Matsushi.

Mr. Johan Mr. Johan would be on that list if he had a placing outside of his region (or at a large regional) to give me a frame of reference. Mr. II (Japan) might be on that list as well, but I don't know what kind of results he actually gets. I just appropriate and utilize the tech he posts.

Two things:

1) You're severely underrating Nairo's Robin. I think Dath and I are better (at Robin), but he would still slap the **** out of literally everyone else who posts in this chat just by virtue of his amazing skill as a player.

2) Assumptions that I'm going to 'drop' Robin are pretty baseless. Both Dath and I have expressed our intent to play Corrin. Both of us have said we want to dual main both characters. It's highly unlikely that Corrin would cause me to drop Robin completely unless Corrin is just bat**** busted and totally obsoletes Robin as a character.

I fully intend to play both characters, using them for matchup/playstyle swaps as needed.
NEEERRRDDD. Hopefully I get on that list in due time and hopefully due well at Genesis and both you and Dath don't choke making it into bracket.

Matsushi

True Blood
The list of Robin players who currently matter is: Raziek, Dath, Nairo, Matsushi.
Matsushi.
I'm not worthy. :'3

But seriously, don't worry if your Robin currently isn't the best there is or isn't up to scratch. I've said this time and time again, but we all start from somewhere! I mean, just look at Raziek Raziek 's first few training sessions with me! I got absolutely annihilated and to put it simply, I got rekt. But now I'm arguably the best Robin in the UK! And of course it doesn't apply to just Robin, but every single respective character in the roster. :3

And I'd say Nairo's Robin is insanely good. I mean, just look at that item play mah gawd

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Basically, take the characters and setting of Samurai Warriors, and make it (somehow) even MORE over the top awesome!
So I've heard.

In Samurai Warriors, my favorites are Oda Nobunaga and Kuroda Kanbei (with Ginchiyo's moveset being my favorite to put on the edit character who's supposed to be me after those two), but I'm not sure if that will be true for Sengoku Basara if I ever get a Sengoku Basara game.

Still, when it comes to Musou games, my heart burns with a passion for a possible Fire Emblem Warriors, even more when I found out that Fire Emblem took a top 10 spot on which game series that fans wanted to have a Musou version of!

And I have Hyrule Warriors to thank for that since that was my introduction to the Musou genre.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
*sees people debating who is the best tactician*

And here I am, slowly amassing power by slaying increasingly PR'd players in a bid to build my Robin empire, and show the masses the true power of our sorcery and tactical genius :4robinm::demon::4robinf:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't even play Robin .

Except to piss off DialNouns DialNouns , nyo-ho~

Got some good feedback from the best Pit in Ireland, though. That'll be me some day, just you wait and see~ ;3

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
If you ain't burning nerds with fire and electricity to the point that they become a walking chicken leg or 10 degree burns on their hands or body your doing something wrong.

Nah

Smash Champion
idk why anyone would think that Raz and Dath would drop Robin. The two of them have invested way too much in the character in Smash to drop her. Secondaries and co-mains are things y'know.

I'm not worthy. :'3
You could be though. When you get the crowd so ****ing hyped (after beating one of London's PR) that one of the guys playing in the next set changes his tag from his usual thing to "MATSU OP" and then in another match one of the commentators spends like a minute and a half talking about you instead of commentating on the match, I think that means something.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Mr. Johan Mr. Johan would be on that list if he had a placing outside of his region (or at a large regional) to give me a frame of reference.
I intend to rectify this in the following months. TGC 6, gonna participate in a few TLOC things, a couple of Arkansas stuff, etc.

I readily concede that I am on a lower rung than those on your list currently, but I'm not washed up yet. ;D

Last edited:

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
I don't know about other people here. But I'm not an amazing player by any chance, but ANY advice I get I take seriously. I used to roll all day everyday when I get scared. I used to never catch items. I used to not even know about Robin's amazing edgeguarding in terms of arcfiring ledges, or her arcthunder to fair combos etc etc. I used to SD ALL the time (no like seriously my first tournament I SD'd twice in the same set.) And I never went for gimps at all.

You want to know how I learned to get better? LISTEN to people better than you. Take their advice seriously. I went from someone who didn't know anything about Smash to being one of the best people in my town for tournaments. I had a great teacher (NW, London Meta Knight main, one of the best MK players I've ever seen btw), I studied the game, and I took what people said to heart and labbed a lot.

Another thing I like to do is save replay ANY training match, ANY ditto I ever do. As it says on my profile, I save replays a lot. I will never share them online unless I feel it was a good match worthy of it, in which case I get permission first. But the replays are solely for me to VISUALISE what I could've done better. And then put those things to practice.

Sorry this is becoming very long for no reason lmao. I'm getting all honourable and stuff over a video game but I am quite serious about this. I used to think this game was for kids, not even lying. I told Rinku リンク Rinku リンク about this on Discord. I've only been playing this game for a month. I don't like being big headed at all, but I feel I got a lot better at it very quickly due to these things I did.

I dream that I'll get better at the game, but that will take a lot of practice. But I fully intend to invest time into this during my freetime from real life business. Because honestly, Smash 4 has become what I once thought as a kids game, to my favourite fighting game I've ever played. And this is coming from someone who plays Soulcalibur, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat competitively.

Apologies for the long post lol, I got carried away.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys, i'm not sure if this is the most appropriate place to ask, but I was wonder what your opinions are on Roy (FE) in the competitive scene/ as a character. because I've recently picked him up and am having a lot of fun with him and looking at some tier list he seems to be around the same place as the Pits which is nice. However, I remember someone saying he actually does really bad against top tier characters. So i'm not to sure if he is a good character to pick up or if I should just stay with Lucina.

Thoughts?

:135:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
So I've heard.

In Samurai Warriors, my favorites are Oda Nobunaga and Kuroda Kanbei (with Ginchiyo's moveset being my favorite to put on the edit character who's supposed to be me after those two), but I'm not sure if that will be true for Sengoku Basara if I ever get a Sengoku Basara game.

Still, when it comes to Musou games, my heart burns with a passion for a possible Fire Emblem Warriors, even more when I found out that Fire Emblem took a top 10 spot on which game series that fans wanted to have a Musou version of!

And I have Hyrule Warriors to thank for that since that was my introduction to the Musou genre.
Yeah the portrayals of characters from SW to SB are wildly different in most cases. Oda goes from being a very morally grey, complex, and dynamic character to being a stupidly obvious evil villain archetype. But he's voiced by the great NORIO WAKAMOTO so it all balances out.

Meanwhile, Kanbei is portrayed as an insanely unlucky, but overall nice guy who's entire moveset is based around the ball and chain attached to his hands, as opposed to the devious, intelligent, do-anything-to-win strategist we see in SW.

I'd recommend Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes for the PS3 or Wii, it's the best (localized) SB game.

Same here, I'm dying for a Fire Emblem Warriors!

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Guys, i'm not sure if this is the most appropriate place to ask, but I was wonder what your opinions are on Roy (FE) in the competitive scene/ as a character. because I've recently picked him up and am having a lot of fun with him and looking at some tier list he seems to be around the same place as the Pits which is nice. However, I remember someone saying he actually does really bad against top tier characters. So i'm not to sure if he is a good character to pick up or if I should just stay with Lucina.

Thoughts?

:135:
I play :4feroy:as a secondary so I'll just give you my take on him. He's overall a pretty solid character that's incredibly fast despite how hard he hits. He has the tools to combo and wall-out his opponent if played correctly. However, his approach game and offstage game are much more limited compared to :4lucina:

His weight and fast fall speed can work heavily against him as well making him "combo food" and allowing people to easily gimp him if you're not careful.

:4feroy: however excels fighting on stage because of his speed and momentum. He has a much easier time controlling the stage compared to :4lucina:

In short though :4feroy:has a stronger on stage game and :4lucina:has a stronger off stage game presence. Depending on what you're more comfortable with I'd recommend going with that.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
I play :4feroy:as a secondary so I'll just give you my take on him. He's overall a pretty solid character that's incredibly fast despite how hard he hits. He has the tools to combo and wall-out his opponent if played correctly. However, his approach game and offstage game are much more limited compared to :4lucina:

His weight and fast fall speed can work heavily against him as well making him "combo food" and allowing people to easily gimp him if you're not careful.

:4feroy: however excels fighting on stage because of his speed and momentum. He has a much easier time controlling the stage compared to :4lucina:

In short though :4feroy:has a stronger on stage game and :4lucina:has a stronger off stage game presence. Depending on what you're more comfortable with I'd recommend going with that.
btw, Roy / marth / lucina are characters I'd like to train against with you or anyone really someday :p

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
btw, Roy / marth / lucina are characters I'd like to train against with you or anyone really someday :p
Sure I'd be up for it sometime. I play :4feroy:&:4marth:(Marth not as much since trying to land tips online is a nightmare). I sometimes play :4lucina:but I play her more for fun than as a secondary. I'm not the best player but I'll do what I can to help you train lol.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Same here, I'm dying for a Fire Emblem Warriors!
I haven't played many musou games so I think I might be guffing, but I think that FE might be better suited with the gameplay of the SW Battlefront games and LotR: Conquest; but that's just me.

Wait, I thought Ike was your secondary.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
You are correct, :4myfriends:is my primary secondary. I just categorize other characters I play competitively "secondaries" as well. I have all the characters I play in my signature.
Ah, okay. I read your post wrong thinking you changed your secondary. I forgot people can have more than one, haha.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Ah, okay. I read your post wrong thinking you changed your secondary. I forgot people can have more than one, haha.
Haha it's alright xD But yeah I've been playing Ike since Brawl so I won't be dropping him that easily. I just overall really enjoy playing him as a character in general.

Top Bottom