• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

D

Deleted member

Ragnell is the biggest sword in the game. IIRC it goes something like

Ragnell, MK Sword, Link, Roy/Marth, Toonlink?

jtm94

Smash Lord
MK's sword is just smaller by a hair than Ike's and Link's is approximately the same as Marth's. Marth/Roy are pretty much identical in range. The change in distance is their stance though.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I can't help but laugh at the fact that MK's sword is mere inches shorter than Ragnell, even if a full third of that length is in the hilt. Smash is crazy sometimes.

Functionally speaking that would confirm Link's sword as longer than Marth's since Marth holds his sword slightly further from the base + the blade itself is slightly longer.

Last edited:

Circle_Breaker

Smash Journeyman
He's just the only one to get caught! If you removed all dopers from the brawl tier list, Kirby would be the top tier!

In P:M the policy has clearly been adjusted to "take whatever drugs you want" and everyone is on lots of crank

Last edited:

Taytertot

Smash Ace
Not sure if someone's mentioned this but roy isnt on the list at all. with sethlon doing well in most touneys he plays i find it hard to believe there isnt enough MU info but maybe im wrong.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Not sure if someone's mentioned this but roy isnt on the list at all. with sethlon doing well in most touneys he plays i find it hard to believe there isnt enough MU info but maybe im wrong.
If you are referring to the first page, it is very outdated and thus any character past 2.5 is not included. As for Roy I think he is ok. Sethlon is just incredible with the character.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The OP was made shortly after 2.5's release and as such doesn't have characters like MK, Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Roy, Mewtwo, etc..

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I also agree his uair is one of the best juggle moves in the game, you can say they are DIable, but he definitely has the mobility to react and just keep chaining them.
SDI uair to the side, DI the next hit to the same side and MK gets no followup.

D

Deleted member

Jesus chriiiiist toonlinks sword is so small, how can I do good with such a poopy butt sword

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Zach pls sandbag more so tink can get buffs

I want to win a thing without having to work for it =[
LOL then how are you gonna be the very best, like no one ever was, with zero effort put into it?

Sensing lethargy.

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
but how can toon link be good if [insert how toon links boomerang isnt link's stupid ****ing boomerang]?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!1one!11!!!

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
So whats the general opinion on chaingrabs?

Personally I think they're perfectly ok, and allow for hype combos and comebacks, but they should be dustributed to characters who need them. Mario should not have a chaingrab as effective as his downthrow because he is so easy to use and already has other dumb things about him. Pit should not have a CG as effective as his down throw because he is probably the best edgeguarder in PM, and doesn't need grabs to aid his combo/punish game, especially when he has is down air.

IMO good chaingrabs are
Marth's up throw/fthrow
Snake's up throw
Ganondorf's down throw
MK's down throw

None of these are particularly over centralizing and they're escapable by DI. Also they don't last overly long either.

IMO Pit and Mario can keep their CGs, but raise the knockback growth so they stop working at say 55-60. Also, bring back Sheik's down throw, but with those nerfs.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Chain throws may need to be tweaked, but it isn't that big of a deal. In many scenarios, your better off just continuing a combo instead of re-grabbing for another chain throw. Plus, most chain throws don't do that much damage to begin with.

G&W Melee down throw would be amazing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom