• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta "This is the Monado's Power" - Metagame Discussion

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I was facing Jiggly in FG and she kept getting out of my Up Smash too.

That's Jigglypuff being Jigglypuff

Just use one hit attacks, don't touch jab, and play defensively (Basically, don't touch jab)

BUSTAH

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
I personally feel Pikachu is one of Shulk's hardest match-ups. Shulk has a hard time dealing with pressure and Pikachu is incredibly good at pressuring you due to a combination of his incredible mobility and near lagless attacks. Punishing Pikachu is incredibly difficult as nothing in Shulk's moveset comes out fast enough barring his jab and grab, both of which have poor range and at times can whiff completely against Pikachu due to him being so small. It's also incredibly difficult to play the standard defensive style because he can just zone you with Thunder Jolts until you mess up retaliating thing or mis-space a shield approach then run in, grab you, begin a chain to get you into the air and then just keep nipping away at you repeatedly due to the fact that Shulk struggles immensely in getting back to the ground.

That reminds, I just watched Trela vs ESAM. Trela lost with Zard at first then won with Shulk The second win was bizarre and shocking as hell. Basically, Trela's first stock was ripped from him for the first 20 seconds because of Pika's b-air gimp stage spike. All of a sudden, **** got real and Trela went for a come back and won. Theeen the game after that, same ****. Trela's first stock was ripped again for the same reasons. Almost the exact same scenario except Trela nearly pulled it off but he got u-smashed. That set was hype

I think for most of the match, he was using speed and he just kept using his wide aerials to attack Pikachu and d-tilt. I don't think the match up looked horrible sans the b-air stage spiking bull**** which we'll always have to keep in mind.

I have 0-experience against Pikachu, but you should probably take strategies from those matches since it's probably the best and only relevant Shulk vs Pikachu match atm. It's in Sky's twitch (Sky's invitational)

Last edited:

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
I personally feel Pikachu is one of Shulk's hardest match-ups. Shulk has a hard time dealing with pressure and Pikachu is incredibly good at pressuring you due to a combination of his incredible mobility and near lagless attacks. Punishing Pikachu is incredibly difficult as nothing in Shulk's moveset comes out fast enough barring his jab and grab, both of which have poor range and at times can whiff completely against Pikachu due to him being so small. It's also incredibly difficult to play the standard defensive style because he can just zone you with Thunder Jolts until you mess up retaliating thing or mis-space a shield approach then run in, grab you, begin a chain to get you into the air and then just keep nipping away at you repeatedly due to the fact that Shulk struggles immensely in getting back to the ground.
What lagless attacks are these because when I play pikachu I feel laggy. Tilts and U-air maybe, but f-air,dair-bair all felt laggy as crap to me. Well I guess that is true for Shulk too.

I figure the deal with Shulk is that you whack them before they get in to begin with.
A fight I had two weeks ago with a Marth, we're two spacer characters. My whole deal isn't to let Marth get me into his space, as mine is longer than his, marginally. Pikachu's space is even shorter then Marths.

Granted Pikachu's Smashes are like 8 frames on startup if im not mistaken, so he'll pop things out faster then we do, but *alot* of characters do that to Shulk. Sounds like you're having a spacing Issue, which I admittedly have against Robin.

Last edited:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
What lagless attacks are these because when I play pikachu I feel laggy. Tilts and U-air maybe, but f-air,dair-bair all felt laggy as crap to me. Well I guess that is true for Shulk too.

I figure the deal with Shulk is that you whack them before they get in to begin with.
A fight I had two weeks ago with a Marth, we're two spacer characters. My whole deal isn't to let Marth get me into his space, as mine is longer than his, marginally. Pikachu's space is even shorter then Marths.

Granted Pikachu's Smashes are like 8 frames on startup if im not mistaken, so he'll pop things out faster then we do, but *alot* of characters do that to Shulk. Sounds like you're having a spacing Issue, which I admittedly have against Robin.
Prior to facing a really good Pikachu I would've been inclined to agree, but I fought a really really good Pikachu and at no point in the matches we played did I feel in control even when I won. He can do rising full hop aerials (e.g. rising full hop NAir which is incredibly effective) and then cover himself with another aerial as soon as it's down due to them, despite having decent landing lag, have very minimal endlag. There is a very very small optimum space where Shulk's aerials work effectively against Pikachu's as most of Pikachu's aerials come out way before all of yours and they can all string into each other. In addition, if you misspace an aerial due to Pikachu's incredible speed and mobility he can punish you if you're both either too far or too close.

In addition due to the minimal endlag, Pikachu's size and Shulk's lack of quick options out of shield barring jab and grab and the fact that a lot of them do just enough shield pushback to put you out of jab and grab range it becomes incredibly difficult to punish him. This is not the case against Marth/Lucina.

WELL, after going around the internet and asking @ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero for help against Diddy (Thanks btw)... I bumped into these notes about the Diddy MU in general for everyone. This is all from ZeRo (ZeRoSSB in Twitter):
  • Diddy's Down Throw up air STOPS working around 80% on MOST chars, based on your horizontal air movement if you hold BEHIND him as he throws
  • At 0%, DI Diddy's Down Throw ABOVE HIM, and then DI in front of him, this way, ONLY one up air will string you and not TWO if you di behind
  • If you hit Diddy Kong's recovery while he's charging it, he literally INSTANTLY dies, EDGEGUARD HIM, he's REALLY vulnerable off stage
  • Use long lasting moves vs Diddy's recover, smack his side B until he's not at ledge level, drop down with a long lasting move on his upb GG
  • Diddy's best stage is Halberd and Final Destination - Halberd due to early KO's due to vertical blastzone and FD due to no landing options
  • Whenever Diddy grabs you, hold behind him, almost always, ESPECIALLY at kill percents - you may take a f-air in, but won't die to up air
  • Diddy Kong players usually roll behind you to either d tilt, or run shield or try to grab you, to fight this, grab him first or spot dodge
  • Your mentality vs Diddy is to not get grabbed, get him off stage, gimp him, watch out for side b mix ups when he holds a banana
  • The thing that makes diddy actually really good in this game is that shields lack pushback when hit and he has grab combos dont get grabbed
  • Ok one more thing before back to anime tweeting - diddys usually side b when you shield too often or when they hold a banana, SPOT DODGE IT

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I have only played a few pikachus, but ThunderJolts was something I can manage (Actually I enjoy shielding or Vision countering them). My go-to option without abusing it thus becoming conditioned to relying on was OoS > JC > AS at times they did any aerial OoS. It sounds like if I had fought that same Pikachu you played against Silent, I'd probably feel the same way. Haven't played a good pikachu so I this is all I can share.:ohwell:

Last edited:
I got nothing to say about Pikachu. lol. I know more about Rosaluma though but whatever

Edit: The arts section in my post has been heavily re-modified and updated
I felt your pain for a while

That's how I felt for the first week. I was like... .HOW THE ****.... But then I realized the best way to go against D3 is by rushing in with jump/speed. Using buster is a waste of time. Someone in the character impressions thread made it even further clear. It's best to just get on Dedede's face. Don't play the neutral game. Go nuts. Be aggressive. Show no mercy

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Another character who just started giving me trouble as Shulk is :4peach:

Goddamn, this lady is strong. Most of her moveset has ridiculous knockback. All her aerials are deadly. I don't feel comfortable using Jump against her when she's in the stage, it felt to me like Shulk is bad being above Peach due to her faster and disjointed U-tilt and U-air. Speed and Shield seemed to be the better choices against her.

I'm probably going to stick with Fox for the Peach matchup. However, I would like to know what other Shulk mains here think about this MU, if you've had experience with it and what you found that worked.

Another character who just started giving me trouble as Shulk is :4peach:

Goddamn, this lady is strong. Most of her moveset has ridiculous knockback. All her aerials are deadly. I don't feel comfortable using Jump against her when she's in the stage, it felt to me like Shulk is bad being above Peach due to her faster and disjointed U-tilt and U-air. Speed and Shield seemed to be the better choices against her.

I'm probably going to stick with Fox for the Peach matchup. However, I would like to know what other Shulk mains here think about this MU, if you've had experience with it and what you found that worked.
Use speed or buster against her. Preferably speed. Overwhelming or mind gaming Peach with speed is your best option. You can also go with buster. Take advantage of your range and space your aerials, especially with b-air. Avoid staying above Peach because you can't really do much to be honest. Watch out when she recovers. Her parasol kills. Watch out for her ridiculous f-air. The hitbox of that **** is big

DO NOT use jump. lol. Jump's gonna be relegated as a recover option for the match up. This match up was basically like Dedede for me. It made me pull my hair for

So yeah, you got two ways to tackle the match up. Take a pick. Just remember to maximize your range regardless of which art you'll use

In case if anyone asks, I got no experience against Robin, Pikachu, Pit/DP, Luigi and Donkey Kong. Actually, the only match ups that I'm very familiar with are Rosalina and Diddy (Perceived tops), Dedede and Peach (Initially annoyed but then after a while, I found a way on how to deal with their bull), Kirby, Jigglypuff, and Link (My brother uses him). Bowser and Little Mac to a lesser extent since most of the people that I know aren't so good at using them

Last edited:

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Haha doom I saw you on Twitter complaining about pika too. I 100% agree with you. A lot of people saying pikachu isn't good anymore...I beg to differ.

Edit: also was playing my friends Kirby shulks jab 1 goes completely over him unless Kirby is literally inside you -_- another character we can't jab lol

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I do have experience with fighting Robin.

It's a ****ing joke.

Aerial attacks alone can shut down Robin's projectiles, Robin moves slowly (for example the dash is on par with Zelda), Robin has very weak attacks, and literally every Monado Art can stop Robin. It's not easy just for Shulk, it's easy for everyone. Which makes me really question why people praise that shrimp.

Pit on the other hand can actually put up a fight. He's one of those cases where badly timing your recovery is very fatal. Pit can either gimp by using an aerial attack then safely return to the stage, or pelt you with Palutena Bow until you cannot return to the stage. On the flipside you can't rely on gimping to get a premature KO since Pit's recovery is amoung the best. Additionally due to how his varies attacks work, countering with Vision will do the bare minimum power unless you get hit with the last hitbox. Since Pit is designed to be balanced, you can't exploit a specific weakness. Just remember Shulk's aerial attacks can cancel out Palutena Bow and always remember to punish a badly timed Upperdash Arm; you can even sidestep Upperdash Arm and hit Pit in the back with Back Slash.

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
just hit someone with nair into up angled fsmash as they were still in hitstun/sailing through the air from my nair with speed MArt active. That was a beautiful KO. Might be situational on weight however, it was against another Shulk. around they were around 40%

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Hey I am new to the shulk boards but I have been lurking around for a bit. I like Shulk because of his range, uniqueness, fast aerials, and he's just fun in general to play as (:. I main Marth, so spacing /zoning is something I am pretty good at and Shulk definitely needs to space. I'm looking to secondary him, I really like his playstyle.

Had a few questions/comments for the boards:

What are shulks KO moves and %s (vanilla stance)?
What do you usually do to punish something out of shield? I usually jab or grab/pivot grab because I don't know his punishment options. Basically what moves can Shulk use in close quarters when being pressured?

How do you generally get the kill onstage? I know upsmash can be used if you read a roll into you, but when the opponents playing grounded and shielding seems hard to hit them with anything that kills. Is the best bet to grab them throw them offstage and try to offstage kill them?

What do you think are shulks weaknesses? It feels like he can't handle pressure to well (hard to get in on but once you do big damage) and lacks a reliable way of getting the oppenent out once their inside due to his long start up moves.

And finally bad matchups? Diddy seems a universal one for everyone, but who else? Sonic? Mega man?

What are shulks KO moves and %s (vanilla stance)?
What do you usually do to punish something out of shield? I usually jab or grab/pivot grab because I don't know his punishment options. Basically what moves can Shulk use in close quarters when being pressured?

How do you generally get the kill onstage? I know upsmash can be used if you read a roll into you, but when the opponents playing grounded and shielding seems hard to hit them with anything that kills. Is the best bet to grab them throw them offstage and try to offstage kill them?
All his KO's are more likely to come from edgeguarding or punishment which means his d-smash is great against ledge grabbers and rollers. His f-air or b-air (Mostly) can kill off stage

Shulk's kills are mostly off from punishments and edgeguarding with jump or smash
What do you think are shulks weaknesses? It feels like he can't handle pressure to well (hard to get in on but once you do big damage) and lacks a reliable way of getting the oppenent out once their inside due to his long start up moves.
- His attacks are generally more on the slow side (His grounded attacks mostly)
- Shulk can't handle pressure that well, but arts help him handle the pressure in some sort of way. He's fine dealing with it if he had shield because of the damage reduction. He can also handle it with jump because his weight is reduced allowing him to avoid some combos while taking advantage of that mobility to stay away. Buster is pretty much dependent on how good you are in shielding and punishing.
- His standard recovery in general is mediocre
And finally bad matchups? Diddy seems a universal one for everyone, but who else? Sonic? Mega man?
At the moment, most of us are at an agreement that Diddy is annoying for Shulk. However, our opinions regarding other characters are very different. I can't answer this one properly. My bad

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
In person, I faced a guy who specialized in Mario and Dr. Mario, and I will say that both paisanos are pretty much forced to get close to Shulk. Shulk can cancel out fireballs and Megavitamins using aerial attcks, meaning camping isn't an option. Additionally, Shulk can run up while Speed is active and close the gap quickly. However, things get more tricky when Shulk is actually up close. On one hand Shulk can outrange Mario since many of Shulk's attacks have greater range then Mario's attacks, but on the other hand Mario's attacks are faster meaning that Mario can apply a lot of pressure quickly. Basically this is a type of matchup that punishing is the smarter option instead of going flat out berserker.

Jump in particular is an interesting choice in this match up I've found. While you can get out of combos faster, you recieve more damage. Gimping becomes a lot more safe, but it's mediocre for covering the stage. It's somewhat overshadowed by Speed in terms of stage control, but it still has some niche tactics. Aside from that, it's standard Monado Art business. Just remember that Jump and Buster makes you recieve more damage and Smash will make you recieve more knockback.

Now the differences between Mario and Dr. Mario are important to remember. Mario is faster meaning he can get in and out more efficiently and his combos link better, meaning he can pressure better. So much so that Vision is not automaticlly insurence to escape at lower percentages. However Dr. Mario is slower but can inflict more damage, with said damage being able to further emphasis the weakened stats of Buster, Jump, and Smash. Both of them can also potentially flip you around with Cap/Super Sheet, which means you can either miss a tilt and be exposed or worse Air Slash can go in the opposite direction and you fall to your death.

It's a somewhat conflicting matchup since there are pros and cons, but it is a perfectly fine matchup to tackle with Shulk. Just remember to play it safe then sorry. However if you can't do that for whatever reason, try going for a naturally faster character like Sheik or Greninja.

Last edited:

ZcK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calamardo
Does anyone have any trouble with Falcon? His dash grab is specially annoying and using Speed does not help a lot considering he is not too far from shulk`s speed, but I think this is his best option against him. Also since shulk is combo bait evading Falcon`s Up Air is quite the burden and using Jump is not the best option considering this.
Well another problem I ve faced with, is spacing him, Falcon`s air speed is good and before I can even complete an attack such as N air his foot is already on my face. Also punishing his aerials is quite hard.
Any ideas on how to combat the pressure?

Does anyone have any trouble with Falcon? His dash grab is specially annoying and using Speed does not help a lot considering he is not too far from shulk`s speed, but I think this is his best option against him. Also since shulk is combo bait evading Falcon`s Up Air is quite the burden and using Jump is not the best option considering this.
Well another problem I ve faced with, is spacing him, Falcon`s air speed is good and before I can even complete an attack such as N air his foot is already on my face. Also punishing his aerials is quite hard.
Any ideas on how to combat the pressure?
Zone him out with buster. Take advantage of your range. Do not let him get into your zone

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
All his KO's are more likely to come from edgeguarding or punishment which means his d-smash is great against ledge grabbers and rollers. His f-air or b-air (Mostly) can kill off stage

Shulk's kills are mostly off from punishments and edgeguarding with jump or smash

- His attacks are generally more on the slow side (His grounded attacks mostly)
- Shulk can't handle pressure that well, but arts help him handle the pressure in some sort of way. He's fine dealing with it if he had shield because of the damage reduction. He can also handle it with jump because his weight is reduced allowing him to avoid some combos while taking advantage of that mobility to stay away. Buster is pretty much dependent on how good you are in shielding and punishing.
- His standard recovery in general is mediocre

At the moment, most of us are at an agreement that Diddy is annoying for Shulk. However, our opinions regarding other characters are very different. I can't answer this one properly. My bad
Thanks for your reply! (:
Can anybody help me out with the rest of my questions? 0;

Just a quick note but shield Shulk is really easy to gimp so be careful when using shield art. You're not completely invincible

Last edited:

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
Jump art is bonkers. You can dair DEEP in a single jump then double jump, dair again and then Up+B back to stage. Jump MArt destroys all these recoveries for FREE:

Diddy Kong (the most lol-worthy gimp in the game)
Little Mac
Duck Hunt (it takes a bit of startup before DH can move left or right, strike then for best results)
Bowser (If he's a bit low, higher up Bowser might sail to the left or right a bunch)
Donkey Kong (see above)
Luigi
Meta Knight (tornado gets stuffed, others are tricky/impossible)
King Dedede
Lucario (You're gonna have to make a read on this one, but the startup on his Up+B is free time to punish)
Charizard (This one has funky armor properties at some point in the move though so be careful)

At least those are the successes I usually have when it comes to MArt edgeguarding. What say you, other Shulk Timers?

Jump art is bonkers. You can dair DEEP in a single jump then double jump, dair again and then Up+B back to stage. Jump MArt destroys all these recoveries for FREE:

Diddy Kong (the most lol-worthy gimp in the game)
Little Mac
Duck Hunt (it takes a bit of startup before DH can move left or right, strike then for best results)
Bowser (If he's a bit low, higher up Bowser might sail to the left or right a bunch)
Donkey Kong (see above)
Luigi
Meta Knight (tornado gets stuffed, others are tricky/impossible)
King Dedede
Lucario (You're gonna have to make a read on this one, but the startup on his Up+B is free time to punish)
Charizard (This one has funky armor properties at some point in the move though so be careful)

At least those are the successes I usually have when it comes to MArt edgeguarding. What say you, other Shulk Timers?
Jump is amazing for edgeguarding. Yeah, I'll agree with you on that. About Zard, I'm too scared of trying to edgeugard Zard because his up B kills. Getting the hit on Diddy's recovery is IMPORTANT with Jump.

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
^I just tested the strength of Charizard's Up+B on Vanilla Shulk. If the last hit connects, Shulk gets KO'd at 116% no matter his positioning on the stage. At ground height or at the top of a jump, the result is the same. Obviously being closer up to a blast zone would mean being KO'd at lower percents. This is with Charizard also at 116% (and I think Rage is still in this game so that's amplified by rage as well)

If someone could test and see if the results are the same when Shulk is about at the bottom of FD, that'd be great. I'm limited by being the only person around that I know with Smash and the Training Mode not having a record function (which should really be in all fighting games aggghhhh)

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I think just a simple walk-off B-air to cover that general area of where they'll recover to from low or parallel to the stage's ledge would do the trick. You have the front-ward hit-box of B-air's start-up, the hit-box that's around or under Shulk, & then the thrusting hit-box .behind him for the stage spike happening.

I preferably want the front-ward hit of B-air because it's so gimp worthy with all that fall speed & air speed while drifting, that I can't get enough of it the moment I was utilizing it. D-air walk-off can do work too ofc. And F-air goes without saying, although the knockback angle they're sent isn't the same, the job is still done.

We should know by now that N-air off-stage, let alone N-air with Jump mode on is suicide, & doing N-air FF with Jump mode on is saying "**** the world".

Last edited:

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
Oh yeah don't take that as me only recommending dair. It's an extremely situational spike since it has such long startup, but it's also the most effective since it is a true spike. I tend to go mostly for bair and fair when edgeguarding with Jump but if there's an opportunity to dair, I capitalize.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Oh yeah don't take that as me only recommending dair. It's an extremely situational spike since it has such long startup, but it's also the most effective since it is a true spike. I tend to go mostly for bair and fair when edgeguarding with Jump but if there's an opportunity to dair, I capitalize.
No shweat I didn't take it like that, because personally even if D-air didn't get the Meteor Smash 2nd hit, that quirky sourspot hit dealing 10% will still knock them away at an unfavorable angle sideways depending on where you're at airborne when the hit connects. Hopefully it's away from the stage so they don't get a chance to tech it.:smirk: Sometimes the 1st hit transition to the 2nd hit takes a little moment that we could time to hit with the 2nd hit only or hell go with the double hitting spike of doom.

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
I sure love this 3DS version as much as the next guy but I can't wait to get my hands on a controller to play Shulk. I could see my game improving a ton. Hopefully Sakurai and the team issue a fix for the wonky C-Stick shenanigans.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I sure love this 3DS version as much as the next guy but I can't wait to get my hands on a controller to play Shulk. I could see my game improving a ton. Hopefully Sakurai and the team issue a fix for the wonky C-Stick shenanigans.
All that B-air stuff I talk about, that's with flicking the C-stick backward while drifting forward.:shades: It feels great.

I'm actually content with using the 3DS. Well, the GC controller would be a lot better but I got no complaints at the moment. Initially maybe, but now I got used to it.

I'm starting to go into buster at 100%+ whenever I take a stock instead of quickly heading into shield. For the most part, I'm actually doing better. Whenever I'm in shield, I feel like I'm just being knocked around stalling the match for 16 seconds. I still use shield from time to time but I'd rather increase my lead by using buster. Thoughts?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'm actually content with using the 3DS. Well, the GC controller would be a lot better but I got no complaints at the moment. Initially maybe, but now I got used to it.

I'm starting to go into buster at 100%+ whenever I take a stock instead of quickly heading into shield. For the most part, I'm actually doing better. Whenever I'm in shield, I feel like I'm just being knocked around stalling the match for 16 seconds. I still use shield from time to time but I'd rather increase my lead by using buster. Thoughts?
I dig it. Rage + Buster is always advantageous to promote combo potential early on at their fresh 0% stock. I say go for it, the worst-case scenario is Shulk dying because of the Defense & Weight decrease, & frankly Shield for the most part is basically trolling them in a way.
:troll: I prefer my Shield. Though Buster + Rage is basically you holding the power of a Lucario Jr. that wished it grew up that fast.

Last edited:
I dig it. Rage + Buster is always advantageous to promote combo potential early on at their fresh 0% stock. I say go for it, the worst-case scenario is Shulk dying because of the Defense & Weight decrease, & frankly Shield for the most part is basically trolling them in a way.
:troll: I prefer my Shield. Though Buster + Rage is basically you holding the power of a Lucario Jr. that wished it grew up that fast.
Yeah, it would be Lucario Jr. if it was capable of KO'ing at ridiculous percentages. Of course you have smash art which I actually still use even if my percentage is high (Smash+Rage)

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Yeah, it would be Lucario Jr. if it was capable of KO'ing at ridiculous percentages. Of course you have smash art which I actually still use even if my percentage is high (Smash+Rage)
That's what Rage + Smash will be for. And if you wanna make people raise their eyebrows give 'em a PV to the face at dangerously high %, maybe then we may get some complaints about nerfing Shulk. Now that it's mentioned, I would like to mess around with the really high risk / high rewarding MArts with dangerously high %. I wonder about the increase of KB for Buster & Smash. I may actually reduce my usage of Shield mode for some BusteRage effect if it bodes decently well for me. (Chances are it probably will for several characters)

Last edited:

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
my go to with Buster at low percents is Up throw > Up tilt > regrab > up tilt (at this point you can usually uptilt again if they don't DI appropriately) then I just reset to neutral. It does insane damage and usually is a free setup into an easy Smash KO

my go to with Buster at low percents is Up throw > Up tilt > regrab > up tilt (at this point you can usually uptilt again if they don't DI appropriately) then I just reset to neutral. It does insane damage and usually is a free setup into an easy Smash KO
Wow... I actually never thought of that.... Damn, I gotta get more creative. Thanks dude

@ Masonomace Masonomace

I hope you haven't left yet (For a day) but if you're still here (Or if there's any mod around),

The title should be like this: "This is the Monado's Power"- Shulk movelisting/metagame discussion (How to use Monado Arts)

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
When getting combo am I better trying to jump out or trying to Nair? I ask because while online I've come across a couple good Luigi players who can combo me to high percents. I do fine if I can keep them spaced out, avoiding the combos, but I'm pretty much helpless while in the combo. If I'm my secondary, Villager, I can do a quick Nair and break free, so I'm wondering if there's anything Shulk can do.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Nair is frame 13.
Villagers Nair is frame 3.
Shulks Nair is not as dependable straight up.
Go for the jump if you can,air dodge, Counter, switch Monado arts (to change Weight), or reconsider your DI.

Top Bottom