• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta "This is the Monado's Power" - Metagame Discussion

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
So I played a lot of FG & I was doing this mix-up-worthy-yet-punishable option:

Ledge-hang » ledge-drop » DI'd DoubleJump towards the stage » F-air » buffered Air Slash upon landing
I guess that F-air in this moment has some kind of IASA frames upon landing (or maybe it doesn't). The timing isn't completely buffering every input because you won't even look like you're touching the ground & you doing Air Slash that early makes noticeably easy. This little mix-up tactic requires some specific timing here & there. Meh.

F-air is freakin amazing when Beam spaced especially when MArt Landing Cancel is involved with retreating Pivot Grabbing. B-air is still my godsend, & U-air is still underrated for me but I try using it upon landing. I don't quite remember how it felt, but Speed mode's SH > U-air seemed pretty good for two reasons:
  1. Speed is so quick air & ground-wise we can follow the opponent's air speed & watch where they might land & make a read
  2. Short Hop is really short, but the U-air still gets both hits out right before landing aka this is frame-trapping awesomeness (It's gotta be buffered, but too quick will make you mis-input it for JC U-smash)

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Sheeeet, vectoring is gone.

This is now a real smash game. Which means it's gonna be hard to break the habit of vectoring after one month of playing nearly every day.

No DACUS kinda sucks, but at least his running [pivot] U-smash is gawd-like.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
No vectoring means no living 'till 200%. But Shield mode on means living 'till 200% anyways so yeah:troll:

Also, this wonderful SOURCE kudos to @Dantarion & @Thinkaman helps everyone to the max. It has most of Shulk's damages as well as all of the characters. I'll input these numbers in the tables when I get a chance today (can't right now).

Leeyam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
leeyamnz
Thinking of picking up Shulk and I'm really curious about his mobility since slow characters really frustrate me. I've read that his ground moves are pretty laggy and affect his mobility, even though his nair autocancels (I think).

How much of a drawback is Shulk's lack of mobility? Is it a glaring weakness?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Thinking of picking up Shulk and I'm really curious about his mobility since slow characters really frustrate me. I've read that his ground moves are pretty laggy and affect his mobility, even though his nair autocancels (I think).

How much of a drawback is Shulk's lack of mobility? Is it a glaring weakness?
Shulk is mediocre in the mobility department; the Monado Arts is what affects your mobility mostly. You have Jump Speed & Shield that affect your mobility stats & if you don't favor slow characters then Jump or Speed is for you. The drawback to Shulk's mobility can be compensated for the MArts like I said but again, the choice is yours.
Recap of the MArt's basic effects:

Jump = You're not faster on the ground, but you travel faster through the air than normal. You also fall faster naturally as well.

Speed = You're faster on the ground & in the air than normal, but Jump height is reduced so it affects your vertical recovery performance. Mighty Air Slash helps solve your issue since it's high vertical recovery.

Shield = Your everything-mobility is reduced, including your air speed. You'll basically be using buffered Dash Attacks out of dash & dodge rolling to get around quicker on the ground. This is especially true if you have on stronger versions of MArts such as DMArts & HMArts. And because your everything-mobility is reduced, Advancing Air Slash helps because it's vertical & horizontal combined.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Shulk is mediocre in the mobility department; the Monado Arts is what affects your mobility mostly. You have Jump Speed & Shield that affect your mobility stats & if you don't favor slow characters then Jump or Speed is for you. The drawback to Shulk's mobility can be compensated for the MArts like I said but again, the choice is yours.
Recap of the MArt's basic effects:

Jump = You're not faster on the ground, but you travel faster through the air than normal. You also fall faster naturally as well.

Speed = You're faster on the ground & in the air than normal, but Jump height is reduced so it affects your vertical recovery performance. Mighty Air Slash helps solve your issue since it's high vertical recovery.

Shield = Your everything-mobility is reduced, including your air speed. You'll basically be using buffered Dash Attacks out of dash & dodge rolling to get around quicker on the ground. This is especially true if you have on stronger versions of MArts such as DMArts & HMArts. And because your everything-mobility is reduced, Advancing Air Slash helps because it's vertical & horizontal combined.
Should also note that if you activate Jump in the air, the
extra air mobility won't kick in until you jump or land.

DMarts Shield doesn't actually make you slower than regular
Arts, but you are stuck in it for longer as you cannot switch.

Shield makes you really slow in both ground and air speed

I know, but the way Masonomace put it in his post made
it seem as if DMarts Shield made you move slower than
default Shield.
Ah I see. Well, you're correct on that. DShield isn't slower than Normal shield

ALSO, FF f-air buster is safe.... most of the time

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
On the Super Smash Bros. Wiki page it mentions that Shulk's up tilt attack got a range nerf. Can anyone create a comparison, because I haven't noticed any differences myself.

On the Super Smash Bros. Wiki page it mentions that Shulk's up tilt attack got a range nerf. Can anyone create a comparison, because I haven't noticed any differences myself.
This is the same wiki that claimed that Smash art reduces defense so....

Whoever has the Wii U version should probably check though but since you're doubting it or you're not feeling anything, I guess it's probably or at least a negligible nerf

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Not as bad as Dark Pit, where flat out incorrect information was put on the Dark Pit (SSB4) page for a surprising amount of time.

Anyway, I asked that mainly because I'm going to include the information people found for Shulk and Ike, and I wanted clarfication on that up tilt detail.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
You're a brave one for going to SSBWiki with information. Most of the time, you get debates started with people just by rewording something.

I used to edit ssbwiki too, until another contributor tried started an argument with me about "Roy not being a clone." I quit right then and there. But if there are smashers here contributing, I might go back to it.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

That's a bit odd because yesterday I was airdodging during Jump's activation & I got the better falling speed & air speed almost instantly.

I apologize for the DShield mistake @ Leeyam Leeyam , @ meleebrawler meleebrawler cleared that one up. I forgot DMArts don't have stronger drawbacks (personally I think that's the best part about DMArts).

Also the C-stick feature for the Classic / GameCube makes the Air hunting with F-air > B-air's front-ward hit-box combo real & it's sexy to pull off. Jump mode obviously makes this fantastic since the air speed allows you to be in aerial range at all times given their current %.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172

Whoever has the Wii U version should probably check though but since you're doubting it or you're not feeling anything, I guess it's probably or at least a negligible nerf
Y'know, I actually did get the impression of a range reduction at one point. I then thought it must've been my imagination.

-----------------------------------
I'm attending my first ever tournament on Tuesday (for Smash 3DS since I'm still waiting for Wii U release) in one of the organised Smash Club events.

The ruleset this particular group of people have set up allows customs (not equipment, of course) and Omega stages, FD, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Arena Ferox, and Prism Tower.

I'm just after thoughts and opinions on a few things:
1) What stages naturally lend to or harm Shulk's playstyle? I'm so used to playing Omega stages that I've not put much thought into stages with any complexity. When choosing stages, I'll obviously have to be considering who my opponent has chosen, but I'd like to know if there are certain elements I should look for.
2) Custom moves - I should probably make some decisions on this so I can get to practicing. I'm certainly using Power Vision, because that's insane. I don't really like Decisive Arts because I'm not decisive ever. I might have a regular and Hyper set, but I'm pretty inexperienced with Hyper Arts. Any advice? What kinds of moves do you guys like using?
3) Do Final Destination and Omega stages have any difference? I didn't think so but the way they've worded the ruleset makes it sound like there are.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Here's what I can tell you, and anyone feel free to fill in:

1) This is pretty 101 for most close quarters characters, but flat stages favor projectile characters over Shulk. While Speed and Jump can probably kill the distance, it doesn't last forever. Platform stages like Battlefield work nicely so you have options to approach with.

3) Some Omega stages have flat sides compared to FD's slanted one. I don't know the implications of each though.

I don't use any custom moves, so I can't say much there.

Last edited:
Y'know, I actually did get the impression of a range reduction at one point. I then thought it must've been my imagination.

I'm attending my first ever tournament on Tuesday (for Smash 3DS since I'm still waiting for Wii U release) in one of the organised Smash Club events.

The ruleset this particular group of people have set up allows customs (not equipment, of course) and Omega stages, FD, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Arena Ferox, and Prism Tower.

1) What stages naturally lend to or harm Shulk's playstyle? I'm so used to playing Omega stages that I've not put much thought into stages with any complexity. When choosing stages, I'll obviously have to be considering who my opponent has chosen, but I'd like to know if there are certain elements I should look for.
2) Custom moves - I should probably make some decisions on this so I can get to practicing. I'm certainly using Power Vision, because that's insane. I don't really like Decisive Arts because I'm not decisive ever. I might have a regular and Hyper set, but I'm pretty inexperienced with Hyper Arts. Any advice? What kinds of moves do you guys like using?
3) Do Final Destination and Omega stages have any difference? I didn't think so but the way they've worded the ruleset makes it sound like there are.
1) Shulk isn't really that good in Final destination/Omega stages. Anything with a platform is of help for Shulk

2) I stopped using customs for now until its legal but... Decisive arts is good if you're fully dedicating to speed (or jump). If you're really feeling it, you can switch to decisive for decisive buster which is really useful against characters that suck ass against sword characters. Hyper arts is mostly for those that only need Monado arts for a short time. The drawbacks are much more extreme and because of the duration, you're forced to be a bit more offensive. The pay off here is that smash art kills at ridiculously lower %'s. With vectoring gone, HSmash U-tilt is even more dangerous. The rest of the arts are a bit hard to talk about because DAMN, some awesome buffs and those draw backs.... HBuster could go either way but I'd only use it if I'm sure I can land a grab before it activates (And also HBuster d-tilt is amazing). HJump is strictly for recovering. Idk about HShield lol. HSpeed would be great but the damage output is piss poor. If I were you, I'd probably play it safe and stick with Default Moando arts. Just imo.

3) Not sure here

Buster 1.04 is really good guys. Mid-range play is solid, n-air hits hard (not really hard but double digits), it's safer on shields (FF f-air on shield and tipper n-air on shield mostly) and dat damage output. I've spent more time with buster than with other arts. Defensive play or mid range play feels more rewarding. Also, eating shields with buster's damage is hilarious

Speed 1.04 is amazing. The damage is on par or nearly on par 1.03 Vanilla Shulk.... Just the thought of that... Holy crap.

Last edited:

Scarhi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eriaaasu

1) I actually find Omega stages not to be that bad for Shulk especially if you use Jump for approaching onstage along with Speed. Platforms seem to neutralize most approaches with Jump since a SH will actually make you land on the platform, putting you in a bad position. It kind of depends on the match-up though, platforms and smaller stages do make it easier for us to apply pressure :)

2) I mostly stick to Default because there hasn't been any custom-legal tournament here in France so far, but I've been messing around with Hyper Arts and they seem to be good against characters who can't get back to neutral too easily. (HBuster, HSmash and Hjump should really shine when you're about to edgeguard/juggle/trap a landing)
I haven't tried Decisive Arts yet. ^^

3) Some Omega stages give more recovery options to characters who can walljump because of the walls under the ledges. (and Omega Pictochat makes it harder to see Greninja's Shadow Sneak coming, if anything)

Omega stages aren't bad for Shulk. It's just that he doesn't benefit much from flat stages.

Also, some stuff about buster art

Some of Shulk's attacks become safe on shield thanks to Buster's damage (plus Shulk's high vanilla damage). FF F-air is safe. Tipper b-air is safe and it even slightly pushes back shielded opponents. N-air (Tipped) is safe. Not sure about Base n-air. F-tilt tipped is safe. D-tilt is also safe if tipped

His tilts become really useful because while having incredible range, his damage output is nuts. F-tilt hits 16/18% damage and has good range. His u-tilt is a solid anti-air which deals 9/11% damage. D-tilt also becomes incredibly good in buster. It has a big hitbox, it deals 9% damage tipped and 12% damage with the base. VERY good spacing tool for Shulk especially since damaging with buster requires spacing. His smash attacks hit hard with Buster. Because of the sheer damage, his smash attacks deal a lot of damage on shield also. Main problem with his smash attacks is that they're still unsafe even with the pushback on shield

Vision with buster is.... eh. At lower %'s, you're just asking to be punished. If you really want to optimize vision+buster, you're better off moving the control stick forward because it deals more damage and knockback plus it sends them backwards so you'll be far from the opponent

Grabbing with buster is also amazing. You get so much damage out of just one throw...

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Surprisingly, I hadn't considered that the projectile users Shulk has issues with have the most to gain from flat stages. I'll keep that in mind :) I think with platform stages it'll be better if I'm below the opponent since Shulk doesn't have many attacks that hit low from the air (dair doesn't have the horizontal reach, nair and fair don't really have the vertical reach. It's what he has though so I play it carefully.) I don't really fight on-stage with Jump because I'm not sure of the situations it works for and I fear the extra damage.

I played around with Hyper Arts this afternoon. I think it's something I'd warm more to if I was better. I'm alright at them but the shortened time means you've really got to make the most of them immediately.

Also, yeah, the modified Buster is great. I don't have to worry so much about accidentally getting myself wrecked.

Thanks for the tips, guys! Hopefully it works out well.

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
Does anyone start a match by immediately going into a MArt, and if so which one? I usually go straight to Speed. Dash > SH Nair when used in conjunction with that MArt can punish most characters that start the match off with a projectile, like Link's arrows or Diddy's banana

Which one to start with? It depends on the character. Some people go speed against fast characters. Some people prefer to go with buster. Speed is a must against zoners most of the time

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
I posted this in the character competitive impressions thread, posting here again:

I did some Shulk testing to confirm my suspicions about Buster. I wanted to see how punishable Shulk's f-tilt is at various ranges, so I had a friend space f-tilts on my shield. The results were very interesting.

At tipper range:
-Both Speed Shulk and Standard Shulk could get punished by Little Mac f-tilt.
-Buster Shulk couldn't be punished by any attack that Little Mac had.

At blade range (as in, not tipper, closer to middle of the blade):
-Speed Shulk could get punished by Little Mac f-tilt and f-smash.
-Standard Shulk could get punished by Little Mac f-tilt but not by f-smash.
-Buster Shulk couldn't be punished by any attack that Little Mac had.

At close range (as in, close enough for Little Mac to jab):
-Speed Shulk could get punished by jab, f-tilt, f-smash, pretty much everything. Same goes for Standard Shulk.
-Buster Shulk couldn't be hit by jab, because the shield pushback was too much, but he could be hit by f-tilt. F-smash was *still* not possible.

I'd like to continue testing other characters (as well as aerials), but my conclusion is that Buster Shulk is flat out superior to every other Shulk by quite a bit, and Speed is rather underwhelming.

He only takes +13% damage from being in Buster now, compared to the +40% that he deals back to the other side. In exchange, he's much safer, and his attacks have less knockback--and this is an advantage rather than a disadvantage because it makes traps and followups easier to achieve.

Buster Shulk and Ike are both significantly overbuffed; the buffs were very inappropriate imo, and both are easily top 5 contenders with customs (Decisive Arts for Shulk, all moves for Ike). You can't punish well-spaced attacks from either character.

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
I've been away from these forums for several days, so I won't be able to stay up to date anymore. (Busiest time in grad school + twenty great games coming out).

But I just wanted to share my impressions of Shulk in the WiiU version. As soon as I switched to a gamecube controller and played on my big screen TV, I felt a huge difference.

After the buff from 1.04, and the better control the Gamecube controller lends itself to, I feel I'm easily 1.5 times better with Shulk. Before I had a 60-70% win rate on For Glory. Now I'm winning against friends who gave me a difficult time before. Spacing with Shulk's aerials and controlling his mobility is so much easier in the WiiU Version. He's easily upper-mid/low-high tier.

Shulk's frame data (From this link: http://pastebin.com/PzTjdtx8) @ Masonomace Masonomace add this to the OP
  1. BEGIN shulk
  2. **********
  3. Jab1
  4. Hits on frame: 5.0
  5. Hitboxes end: 7.0
  6. Max Hitbox Damage: 3.5
  7. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  8. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 0.0
  9. Max Hitbox Angle: 70

10. Jab2
  11. Hits on frame: 5.0
  12. Hitboxes end: 8.0
  13. Max Hitbox Damage: 3.5
  14. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  15. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 0.0
  16. Max Hitbox Angle: 66

17. Jab3
  18. Hits on frame: 12.0
  19. Hitboxes end: 15.0
  20. Max Hitbox Damage: 5.3
  21. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  22. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 318.0
  23. Max Hitbox Angle: 50

24. Dash Attack
  25. Hits on frame: 15.0
  26. Hitboxes end: 17.0
  27. Max Hitbox Damage: 11.0
  28. Max Hitbox BKB: 80
  29. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 770.0
  30. Max Hitbox Angle: 60

31. F-tilt (normal)
  32. Hits on frame: 12.0
  33. Hitboxes end: 14.0
  34. Max Hitbox Damage: 13.0
  35. Max Hitbox BKB: 92
  36. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 390.0
  37. Max Hitbox Angle: 361

38. U-tilt
  39. Hits on frame: 15.0
  40. Hitboxes end: 28.0
  41. Max Hitbox Damage: 8.0
  42. Max Hitbox BKB: 90
  43. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 560.0
  44. Max Hitbox Angle: 85

45. D-tilt
  46. Hits on frame: 10.0
  47. Hitboxes end: 12.0
  48. Max Hitbox Damage: 9.0
  49. Max Hitbox BKB: 90
  50. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 405.0
  51. Max Hitbox Angle: 60

52. F-smash release (high)
  53. Hits on frame: 14.0
  54. Hitboxes end: 24.0
  55. Max Hitbox Damage: 13.0
  56. Max Hitbox BKB: 125
  57. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 390.0
  58. Max Hitbox Angle: 361

59. F-smash release (normal)
  60. Hits on frame: 14.0
  61. Hitboxes end: 24.0
  62. Max Hitbox Damage: 13.0
  63. Max Hitbox BKB: 115
  64. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 390.0
  65. Max Hitbox Angle: 361

66. F-smash release (low)
  67. Hits on frame: 14.0
  68. Hitboxes end: 24.0
  69. Max Hitbox Damage: 13.0
  70. Max Hitbox BKB: 115
  71. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 390.0
  72. Max Hitbox Angle: 361

73. U-smash release
  74. Hits on frame: 18.0
  75. Hitboxes end: 34.0
  76. Max Hitbox Damage: 13.5
  77. Max Hitbox BKB: 98
  78. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 607.5
  79. Max Hitbox Angle: 89

80. D-smash release
  81. Hits on frame: 18.0
  82. Hitboxes end: 43.0
  83. Max Hitbox Damage: 14.0
  84. Max Hitbox BKB: 95
  85. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 700.0
  86. Max Hitbox Angle: 361

87. Nair
  88. Hits on frame: 13.0
  89. Hitboxes end: 31.0
  90. Max Hitbox Damage: 8.0
  91. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  92. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 320.0
  93. Max Hitbox Angle: 50

94. Fair
  95. Hits on frame: 14.0
  96. Hitboxes end: 19.0
  97. Max Hitbox Damage: 7.5
  98. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  99. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 345.0
  100. Max Hitbox Angle: 361

101. Bair
  102. Hits on frame: 18.0
  103. Hitboxes end: 23.0
  104. Max Hitbox Damage: 12.0
  105. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  106. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 420.0
  107. Max Hitbox Angle: 361

108. Uair
  109. Hits on frame: 14.0
  110. Hitboxes end: 26.0
  111. Max Hitbox Damage: 10.0
  112. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  113. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 550.0
  114. Max Hitbox Angle: 88

115. Dair
  116. Hits on frame: 14.0
  117. Hitboxes end: 25.0
  118. Max Hitbox Damage: 11.0
  119. Max Hitbox BKB: 90
  120. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 110.0
  121. Max Hitbox Angle: 270

122. Pummel
  123. Hits on frame: 5.0
  124. Hitboxes end: 6.0
  125. Max Hitbox Damage: 3.0
  126. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  127. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 0.0
  128. Max Hitbox Angle: 361

129. F-throw
  130. Hits on frame: 15.0
  131. Hitboxes end: 17.0
  132. Max Hitbox Damage: 8.0
  133. Max Hitbox BKB: 70
  134. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 0
  135. Max Hitbox Angle: 45

136. B-throw
  137. Hits on frame: 18.0
  138. Hitboxes end: 20.0
  139. Max Hitbox Damage: 9.0
  140. Max Hitbox BKB: 63
  141. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 0
  142. Max Hitbox Angle: 135

143. U-throw
  144. Hits on frame: 20.0
  145. Hitboxes end: 22.0
  146. Max Hitbox Damage: 4.0
  147. Max Hitbox BKB: 80
  148. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 0
  149. Max Hitbox Angle: 88

150. D-throw
  151. Hits on frame: 23.0
  152. Hitboxes end: 25.0
  153. Max Hitbox Damage: 4.0
  154. Max Hitbox BKB: 115
  155. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 0
  156. Max Hitbox Angle: 50

157. unknown substate 0x242
  158. Hits on frame: 31.0
  159. Hitboxes end: 42.0
  160. Max Hitbox Damage: 16.0
  161. Extra Shield Damage: 7
  162. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  163. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 480.0
  164. Max Hitbox Angle: 140

165. unknown substate 0x243
  166. Hits on frame: 31.0
  167. Hitboxes end: 0.0
  168. Max Hitbox Damage: 12.0
  169. Extra Shield Damage: 7
  170. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  171. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 360.0
  172. Max Hitbox Angle: 140

173. unknown substate 0x244
  174. Hits on frame: 31.0
  175. Hitboxes end: 0.0
  176. Max Hitbox Damage: 15.0
  177. Extra Shield Damage: 7
  178. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  179. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 450.0
  180. Max Hitbox Angle: 140

181. unknown substate 0x24a
  182. Hits on frame: 0.0
  183. Hitboxes end: 0.0
  184. Max Hitbox Damage: 16.0
  185. Extra Shield Damage: 7
  186. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  187. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 480.0
  188. Max Hitbox Angle: 140

189. unknown substate 0x24b
  190. Hits on frame: 0.0
  191. Hitboxes end: 0.0
  192. Max Hitbox Damage: 16.0
  193. Extra Shield Damage: 7
  194. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  195. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 480.0
  196. Max Hitbox Angle: 140

197. unknown substate 0x24c
  198. Hits on frame: 0.0
  199. Hitboxes end: 0.0
  200. Max Hitbox Damage: 11.0
  201. Extra Shield Damage: 7
  202. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  203. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 330.0
  204. Max Hitbox Angle: 140

205. unknown substate 0x24e
  206. Hits on frame: 0.0
  207. Hitboxes end: 2.0
  208. Max Hitbox Damage: 15.0
  209. Extra Shield Damage: 10
  210. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  211. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 375.0
  212. Max Hitbox Angle: 140

213. unknown substate 0x24f
  214. Hits on frame: 0.0
  215. Hitboxes end: 2.0
  216. Max Hitbox Damage: 18.0
  217. Extra Shield Damage: 10
  218. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  219. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 450.0
  220. Max Hitbox Angle: 140

221. unknown substate 0x250
  222. Hits on frame: 0.0
  223. Hitboxes end: 5.0
  224. Max Hitbox Damage: 14.0
  225. Extra Shield Damage: 10
  226. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  227. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 350.0
  228. Max Hitbox Angle: 140

229. unknown substate 0x252
  230. Hits on frame: 10.0
  231. Hitboxes end: 18.0
  232. Max Hitbox Damage: 6.0
  233. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  234. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 0.0
  235. Max Hitbox Angle: 78

236. unknown substate 0x253
  237. Hits on frame: 10.0
  238. Hitboxes end: 18.0
  239. Max Hitbox Damage: 6.0
  240. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  241. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 0.0
  242. Max Hitbox Angle: 60

243. unknown substate 0x254
  244. Hits on frame: 10.0
  245. Hitboxes end: 16.0
  246. Max Hitbox Damage: 9.0
  247. Max Hitbox BKB: 100
  248. Max Hitbox KBG * Damage: 0.0
  249. Max Hitbox Angle: 78

250. **********
  251. END shulk

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
What's up with the unknown substates, anyway? Is it unused content?

I'm not sure if the blade/beam hitbox is right. I'm starting to think it's just the tip of Shulk's attacks that deal less damage than the beam imo. I've been unsure for quite a while but now, I think I'm right about this. This occured to me when I kept abusing buster FF f-air.

Some testing would be nice because I can't test it atm. Then again, I'm not sure but if I'm right, it's more of a good thing for us than a bad thing to take note of.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
who wrote that

i looked at jab and already there was multiple errors

throw it away, its garbage, and the person who wrote it up can't read the data properly

Edit: hold on i was reading captain falcon's data

it's still wrong anyway though by like a frame each because that's not how asynchronous timers work

Last edited:
who wrote that

i looked at jab and already there was multiple errors

throw it away, its garbage, and the person who wrote it up can't read the data properly
The decimals weren't added or taken into account for

It's gonna be revamped anyway

On it already

I don't have the time now to do it though lolol

Edit: WTF. Trela KO'd Sheik at 102% with default smash u-tilt.... WAT

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'm not sure if the blade/beam hitbox is right. I'm starting to think it's just the tip of Shulk's attacks that deal less damage than the beam imo. I've been unsure for quite a while but now, I think I'm right about this. This occured to me when I kept abusing buster FF f-air.

Some testing would be nice because I can't test it atm. Then again, I'm not sure but if I'm right, it's more of a good thing for us than a bad thing to take note of.
I out of whim replaced the term sweet-spot for Blade & the sour-spot for Beam, so yeah the entire Beam in most of Shulk's attacks aren't actually the entire hit-area to deal that damage. There was moves like Back Slash, D-smash, & U-air that looked very correct within the Blade & Beam locations of those attacks in v1.0.3 though. I'll be replacing those terms in the tables when I can, since it is text-deceiving.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
More like Smash working like intended due to the knockback increases.

Maybe it was just me, but previously I felt it often times fell flat.

Top Bottom