• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Thinner character, bigger appeal!" Paper Mario for SSB4; Thread migration soon!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
That gives me an idea.
View attachment 22796
Paper Dr Mario.
Euh...That's the most confusing thing ever.

Is he a clone or not? :confused::confused::confused:

I don't even know any more (also, it's no longer infinite...lol).

Even if Paper Mario is a fantastic choise i rather have Dr. Mario.

But i guess i can also support Paper Mario.
You're added anyway, but I have something to say about this as I don't say it often.

If Paper Mario isn't there while Dr mario is, THAT'S COMPLETELY FINE FOR ME.

Because people tend to forget that Dr Mario is most likely a clone due to his melee appearence. So, not only it's a lucina case which reduce dev time, but also someone who has a base to work from reducing the dev time even more. Which means that if they are running out of time, but still want to add characters and didn't have time for Paper Mario, that's an acceptable scenario.

But by that logic, both in the same roster is possible. It's not number of rep, but one of them is easier to make so it's not the same work of a complete original character.

What I DO NOT WANT AND THAT I WILL NOT UNDERSTAND is Paper Mario as clone no matter with or without dr mario. If it's with, that's literally insulting (fortunately, it's the least likely and it's kinda supported by the tease, but not that much). Without, it's still not consistent because you should've done dr mario as clone and NOT put Paper Mario at all due to not being a clone naturally.

So, why can't we get both? (except if Paper Mario is a clone which I don't think will happen).

I actually just tough about it, but the tease would distinguish his series by showing the separation in a stage of just Paper Mario as a whole.

Let's say it was included in main, having a specific location like rogueport is accurate since it's considered a mario location.

Having the whole location being Paper Mario series in only one stage would means that the series is a mario location.

:confused::confused::confused:

How can a whole sub series be a location of the main one if technically, it's not the exact same series? That's like saying that mario kart isn't mario kart, but EXACTLY LIKE Super Mario.

I actually said something about the repping being too broad before we knew about the name and a mod told me that it could be linked to the main if it's all packed since it would just have a reserved space. However, my interpretation of this would be that it's so not linked that they would have to pack it in general on the main series rep.

I want to remind you that the most fundamental question is that do they saw the Paper Mario series the same as a Mario series or not?

If it's the former, then I found weird how 1 stage reps the series as a whole. If it's the later, then it would explain the distinction of the stage.

Let's compare with rainbow road:

Rainbow road is a location of the main series -> main series includes mario kart since it's recognized as sub series and correspond to the series location -> it's true.

The Paper Mario series is a location of the main series -> main series includes...........wait, no it doesn't include it since the location is NOT DEPENDENT on a series if the location is the series itself. -> it's false

Do you get it now?

The correct statement would be this:

The Paper Mario series is NOT a location of the main series -> main series includes Paper Mario since it's recognized as sub series and does NOT correspond to the series location because the location isn't IN the series but IS the series -> It's true.

Like, it wouldn't even require a second stage to even be likely, but just repping another series makes every repping likely and the most helped is him as playable.

I didn't think I could be that much clear, but that was I was trying to tell before. The name being the series = location of the stage BEING the series itself.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Euh...That's the most confusing thing ever.

Is he a clone or not? :confused::confused::confused:

I don't even know any more (also, it's no longer infinite...lol).

You're added anyway, but I have something to say about this as I don't say it often.

If Paper Mario isn't there while Dr mario is, THAT'S COMPLETELY FINE FOR ME.

Because people tend to forget that Dr Mario is most likely a clone due to his melee appearence. So, not only it's a lucina case which reduce dev time, but also someone who has a base to work from reducing the dev time even more. Which means that if they are running out of time, but still want to add characters and didn't have time for Paper Mario, that's an acceptable scenario.

But by that logic, both in the same roster is possible. It's not number of rep, but one of them is easier to make so it's not the same work of a complete original character.

What I DO NOT WANT AND THAT I WILL NOT UNDERSTAND is Paper Mario as clone no matter with or without dr mario. If it's with, that's literally insulting (fortunately, it's the least likely and it's kinda supported by the tease, but not that much). Without, it's still not consistent because you should've done dr mario as clone and NOT put Paper Mario at all due to not being a clone naturally.

So, why can't we get both? (except if Paper Mario is a clone which I don't think will happen).

I actually just tough about it, but the tease would distinguish his series by showing the separation in a stage of just Paper Mario as a whole.

Let's say it was included in main, having a specific location like rogueport is accurate since it's considered a mario location.

Having the whole location being Paper Mario series in only one stage would means that the series is a mario location.

:confused::confused::confused:

How can a whole sub series be a location of the main one if technically, it's not the exact same series? That's like saying that mario kart isn't mario kart, but EXACTLY LIKE Super Mario.

I actually said something about the repping being too broad before we knew about the name and a mod told me that it could be linked to the main if it's all packed since it would just have a reserved space. However, my interpretation of this would be that it's so not linked that they would have to pack it in general on the main series rep.

I want to remind you that the most fundamental question is that do they saw the Paper Mario series the same as a Mario series or not?

If it's the former, then I found weird how 1 stage reps the series as a whole. If it's the later, then it would explain the distinction of the stage.

Let's compare with rainbow road:

Rainbow road is a location of the main series -> main series includes mario kart since it's recognized as sub series and correspond to the series location -> it's true.

The Paper Mario series is a location of the main series -> main series includes...........wait, no it doesn't include it since the location is NOT DEPENDENT on a series if the location is the series itself. -> it's false

Do you get it now?

The correct statement would be this:

The Paper Mario series is NOT a location of the main series -> main series includes Paper Mario since it's recognized as sub series and does NOT correspond to the series location because the location isn't IN the series but IS the series -> It's true.

Like, it wouldn't even require a second stage to even be likely, but just repping another series makes every repping likely and the most helped is him as playable.

I didn't think I could be that much clear, but that was I was trying to tell before. The name being the series = location of the stage BEING the series itself.
Wow, you just confused me.
And i think i get it, but not 100%...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Wow, you just confused me.
And i think i get it, but not 100%...
Logic on trying to explain what shouldn't be consistent is supposed to be confusing :)

Ok, the tease would tell that the Paper Mario series is either a series linked to the main mario one (mushroom icon) or a standalone series (new icon).

July 29 is not even clear what the stage depicts. Is it some locations from particular games? General series stage? Mostly sticker star? We don't really have evidences of how broad the stage is, but TTYD made me imply that it should get a WiiU stage (that's considering that they intended to rep TTYD, but not on console which seems to not work).

But now, we know the official name to be "Paper Mario". From the series standpoint, it's the most generic name possible which means that the series would have to be the "location" of the stage.

It's like imagine the whole series being an existing location in a game and this location would be what the stage depicts.

I know it feels awkward, but that would be why the name would make sense to be this. Knowing this, reread what I said and it should be good.

There's a lot of disscusion if Paper Mario is a mario rep or own series rep. This tease would point towards own series which directly helps him a lot as for other repping stuff.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Logic on trying to explain what shouldn't be consistent is supposed to be confusing :)

Ok, the tease would tell that the Paper Mario series is either a series linked to the main mario one (mushroom icon) or a standalone series (new icon).

July 29 is not even clear what the stage depicts. Is it some locations from particular games? General series stage? Mostly sticker star? We don't really have evidences of how broad the stage is, but TTYD made me imply that it should get a WiiU stage (that's considering that they intended to rep TTYD, but not on console which seems to not work).

But now, we know the official name to be "Paper Mario". From the series standpoint, it's the most generic name possible which means that the series would have to be the "location" of the stage.

It's like imagine the whole series being an existing location in a game and this location would be what the stage depicts.

I know it feels awkward, but that would be why the name would make sense to be this. Knowing this, reread what I said and it should be good.

There's a lot of disscusion if Paper Mario is a mario rep or own series rep. This tease would point towards own series which directly helps him a lot as for other repping stuff.
But if a stage is named Paper Mario and also the character Paper Mario, then what would happen?
O_o

Jellybat

Smash Rookie

i have had this mindset on the stage name for quite a while now. There really is no better way i can think of to make a name for a stage that doesnt depict a single nameable location or world other than the series name itself. i tried it myself and the best i could come up is world of paper... and in my opinion its a terrible name..

count me in as a supporter.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
But if a stage is named Paper Mario and also the character Paper Mario, then what would happen?
O_o
I wonder if this is just coincidence, but let's assume you want to mention the exact name of the series.

You literally have to say "Paper Mario".

Sakurai couldn't avoid it, and let's be honest, why the stage would have a character name context if every playable character can play on it?

It has to be in series context for both the POTD and famitsu. What isn't clear is the context of the series: Does the series is linked to mario or is a new smash series?

Then, you go back to my logic.

EDIT:

@ J Jellybat , you're added!

Last edited:

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
i have had this mindset on the stage name for quite a while now. There really is no better way i can think of to make a name for a stage that doesnt depict a single nameable location or world other than the series name itself. i tried it myself and the best i could come up is world of paper... and in my opinion its a terrible name..

count me in as a supporter.
Exactly. At first, I thought that a good name would have been something like "Papery Mushroom Kingdom". The problem there is that TTYD doesn't technically take place in the Mushroom Kingdom, making the name incorrect. If a part of the stage also includes SPM, that would also create problems. Paper Mario is probably the best possible name choice.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Exactly. At first, I thought that a good name would have been something like "Papery Mushroom Kingdom". The problem there is that TTYD doesn't technically take place in the Mushroom Kingdom, making the name incorrect. If a part of the stage also includes SPM, that would also create problems. Paper Mario is probably the best possible name choice.
Again, TTYD make any specific naming impossible.

That's why TTYD was the key to this tease. Nothing would happen like this if it wasn't repped on that stage.

Which kinda make sense because it's the most loved game of the series.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I wonder if this is just coincidence, but let's assume you want to mention the exact name of the series.

You literally have to say "Paper Mario".

Sakurai couldn't avoid it, and let's be honest, why the stage would have a character name context if every playable character can play on it?

It has to be in series context for both the POTD and famitsu. What isn't clear is the context of the series: Does the series is linked to mario or is a new smash series?

Then, you go back to my logic.

EDIT:

@ J Jellybat , you're added!
Maybe Sakurai could change the name of the stage?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Maybe Sakurai could change the name of the stage?
NO.

That's impossible. It was already 100% confirmed.

He only confirms stuff that are already going to happen anyway. The name was even in quotation mark and that was one of the 3 names revealed.

It's a fact and not deniable. The name is "Paper Mario" and it would've been decided otherwise if it was in another context for the location.

Also, Sakurai could tell the info to famitsu easily. Not only the magazine would sell copies for that reveal, but also that Sakurai is already contributing to said magazine by making a colon once a month. So, Sakurai just tell the info and Famitsu act as intermediate to exclusive info.

That's the same as Sakurai saying those info in potd.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Well for a Wii U Stage. We have The Theater Stage

and the Underwhere from Super Paper Mario

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
TTYD music isnt officially confirmed. TTYD's composer is on Smash 3DS's list of musicians, though.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
TTYD music isnt officially confirmed. TTYD's composer is on Smash 3DS's list of musicians, though.
If the name of the game appears next to his name as like the fire emblem series in which we know there's music already with a stage that has a TTYD section,

They would just put fire emblem if there wasn't any TTYD music.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
So, I think that we are getting 2 mario paper mario stages
3DS version= SS and TTYD, it includes bowser castle, S.S Flavio, glitzville (hopefully) and that place from sticker star
Wii U= SPM and 64, it includes Flipside, shooting star hill, Toad Town and Castle Bleck

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
3DS version= SS and TTYD, it includes bowser castle, S.S Flavio, glitzville (hopefully) and that place from sticker star
Wii U= SPM and 64, it includes Flipside, shooting star hill, Toad Town and Castle Bleck
Glitzville, that would be totally awesome, I've dreamed of the Glitz Pit as a stage since after Brawl was out

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It could be spited, but that means that the name should be the same which I found quite misleading since not the same location.

Glitzville, that would be totally awesome, I've dreamed of the Glitz Pit as a stage since after Brawl was out
See? It;s stuff like that or theater that I see to happen.

You would have 2 main aspect of the series represented: Traveling between location as a story (3ds) and Fighting (WiiU).

So, it could either be something like the glitz pit (which I approve since you could do some stuff possible in the theater anyway).

But I don't really expect the same stage on both. It could happen, but I think the WiiU one would just be different.

Not related to the tease, but that's just how I would see it.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I swear, every day it seems as of I want Paper Mario more and more.

Anyways, at this point, there is so much evidence for him being playable. I think he has a very good shot in this game.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I swear, every day it seems as of I want Paper Mario more and more.

Anyways, at this point, there is so much evidence for him being playable. I think he has a very good shot in this game.
Same since I'm listening to the TTYD ost...again.

But really, I did not expect a retease. Ridley apparently got one and that was even more unexpected (he was teased enough already). I tough it was all the tease we would get, but nope, famitsu revealed the name following the tease.

But the thing is, the name suggest something even better than a playable character.

Because I just tough about something: playable characters isn't the highest level of repping. Everyone cares a lot about them while there's one thing that is higher than characters...

The series.

Yes, the icons are sort of the highest level of repping. Because when a new series arrives, you get at least one playable character. Because it is recognized as series, that characters needs a least an home stage which implies music. Then, you would have to make trophies for those characters and elements of the recognized series. Optionally, it can go into assist and items or more content than the minimum I mentioned.

If a series happens, you're not just getting the icon, but everything else. The icon is just the header of the whole package that is super complete. It's the best repping case possible. Being placed into the other section means no icons and so, no full package.

Wii fit trainer is exactly what happened along with pac man. It actually happened every time a new series occurred even back to melee. It;s a snow ball effect of having a playable character, but that character depends on the series.

Having a tease of being his own series by the name of the stage means everything else. Like, everything from trophies to playable.

That;s crazy how much this escalated. I'm very curious to what would happen, but I have to say that the odds of happening are surprisingly high for what is literally a dream. Not to mention the popularity of this topic, it;s talked a lot so it makes sense to base the tease on that.

I'm actually less obsessed about it because of how clever it became now. For me, it;s clear what the names implies for the stage since the opposite seems inconsistent. That's just way to generic to be discrete in the mario series...it would be too much space just for that stage.

Tough, if the tease come to the best end we could hope, I would love Sakurai forever because teasing him is VERY appreciated and for me, is him showing his love to his fanbase.

So, let's wait until the end of speculation that should end soon from now...

EDIT:

You weren't on the list so I added you :)

I honestly suggest that you actually buy TTYD like now. Because it can get really hype there and this game would do it more (that's the best moment to play it for the first time now).

Last edited:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Throw me down as a supporter for this awesome character!
Paper Mario could be one the most unique characters with his paper physics, and RPG elements from his games.
I have a good feeling, since not seeing a paper mario trophy that something big is in store. I mean we got a stage, some music, and I feel the next thing will be a character, whether it be DLC or not.

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
If the name of the game appears next to his name as like the fire emblem series in which we know there's music already with a stage that has a TTYD section,

They would just put fire emblem if there wasn't any TTYD music.
You're over analysing it. While it's extremely likely that TTYD music is in, it was my understanding that the games listed were examples of their work. By that logic, Kingdom Hearts and Tekken also are confirmed to have music in this game.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
So they got the TTYD composer in. What his/her name? Maybe he's composing remixed songs for Paper Mario's Stage. I really don't think it means nothing they got the Xenoblade and Metal Gear Solid Composers in as well.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I think maybe the title should be changed to "Evidence of TTYD music confirmed".
You have a point.

I changed the tittle now. I actually wouldn't know how to tell it, but because of characters limit, I had to remove the name of the series in the name of TTYD. Did also a slight update in the OP too for that same purpose.

The infinite potential thing is taking a lot of characters so that's why I ran out of them quickly in the tittle. Since of how essential it is to keep it there, I can't remove it. It was the source of many lurk here even when support was hard.

So they got the TTYD composer in. What his/her name? Maybe he's composing remixed songs for Paper Mario's Stage. I really don't think it means nothing they got the Xenoblade and Metal Gear Solid Composers in as well.
The name is Saki Kasuga and the same person is also credited for "fire emblem series" which is also from intelligent system. The thing is, there's like 5 composer credited in the credits of TTYD which include Koji Kondo (maybe the NES easter egg and inspiration for the tracks?). It appears in the credits of TTYD for music composition tough, so there's that.

And the fact that they got the original could either mean original or remix. I noticed that it would be kinda hard to remix a TTYD music and make it better. Tough, if that same person got credited for PM64, that may change stuff.

But being TTYD credited suggests more TTYD anyway.

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
Enjoy!

"Pic of the day. Paper Mario enters the fold at last!! With the help of his papery abilities as well as his partners, Paper Mario is quite the threat in battle. Pummel unsuspecting opponents who think you're just a flimsy piece of scrap! Use your hammer to send them flying off the stage!"

...Too bad it's Sunday.

JediLink

Smash Ace
I really don't think Paper Mario being a clone is a feasible reality that we have to worry about. In fact, it would probably take more development resources to make him a clone. It would be really hard to match Mario's animations to Paper Mario's body (their skeletons are nothing alike), while Paper Mario's own moves are a lot more simply animated.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Hello everyone, I've been working on a little project and I finally finished it! Here you go:
Like and subscribe :troll:

Last edited:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Well, the Paper Mario stage, as we all know, has been revealed and will most likely have music from said games.
*crosses fingers for Doopliss/Rawk Hawk battle themes*

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Gosh, I'm finally back.

Had problems to set up a printer :)

I really don't think Paper Mario being a clone is a feasible reality that we have to worry about. In fact, it would probably take more development resources to make him a clone. It would be really hard to match Mario's animations to Paper Mario's body (their skeletons are nothing alike), while Paper Mario's own moves are a lot more simply animated.
I acknowledged this a long time ago. Trying to do a clone on him requires too much work to even do the intended purpose: quick addition that is'n a literal copy paste, but a slight alteration. Doing original will require more time, but if you intend to make him as he should, that means you planned to have enough time before.

And the tease separating the series would just deconfirm that if it would be true, but that will only be known at the end of speculation or reveal trailer.

Enjoy!

"Pic of the day. Paper Mario enters the fold at last!! With the help of his papery abilities as well as his partners, Paper Mario is quite the threat in battle. Pummel unsuspecting opponents who think you're just a flimsy piece of scrap! Use your hammer to send them flying off the stage!"

...Too bad it's Sunday.
Newcomers never appears in potd. if he appears, deconfirmed because it would be in a trophy or sort.

Hello everyone, I've been working on a little project and I finally finished it! Here you go:
Like and subscribe :troll:
You should have told me because there's one thing you can do that would enhance greatly the TTYD part: Text hack.

The text are just in txt files encoded in standard ASCII. You would just edit the file and make a new rom from them and record the footage with the new text.

I actually should do that, but it doesn't seem I have enough time lately.

Still, video is quite good especially the balance between all games. Tough, I would just refer the TTYD tittle screen as it's so dynamic while the PM64 one is more soft, but still good. It's just that I seem to like more dynamic approach in trailers.

Can't wait to see if the comments are positive or not (it's mixed honestly in the overall).

Excellently done! I keep getting hype for Paper Mario representation in Smash with you guys xD

Needs less Sticker Star tho :troll:
Nope because there's enough TTYD :)

Well, the Paper Mario stage, as we all know, has been revealed and will most likely have music from said games.
*crosses fingers for Doopliss/Rawk Hawk battle themes*
I would love the later, but as the stage is very broad in repping, I tend to like more global theme there such as any tittle screen, but I agree that the later is hype (the former is great, but I doubt it'll fit the stage).

There's too much to choose that we need wiiu stage :)

So, there's a lot of stuff going on for me IRL that I would probably be on this forum less frequently, BUT I'll never leave the thread you can be sure about that. I can't check potd live anymore so, do me a favor if you're there: Any trailer or direct announcement or any further info on the repping of anything in the series related or not to the stage: pm me or tag me here. That would help me a lot.

I really like how I'm not the only one positive on his chance :)

Oh, I want to bring up a question that I actually never tough about it. Yesterday, I was in the social thread and there was some dark pit talk and someone told to not like character with recolors. Since I didn't do that for a while, I bring him up. The person was actually against, but a mod replied to my post by saying that he doesn't think he's a recolor, but rather a different artstyle while dark pit is a recolor...

I found that perspective very interesting since I never tough that being a different design despite having a similar looking would help to not be a clone. Because that would be like toon link which means that you might think he's a clone.

When you think about it tough, it would even make sense with the name. It's not just the character, but the moves too. The hammer has to be in the same artstyle as well as partners, particles, animation and assets.

I mean I guess he could be a clone, but I wonder if it's even possible to make him feel like mario at all from a design perspective.

So, I wonder do you think his design is an advantage despite being 2d?

Because not only it wouldn't fit himself, but it wouldn't even fit the clone base :)

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Gosh, I'm finally back.

I acknowledged this a long time ago. Trying to do a clone on him requires too much work to even do the intended purpose: quick addition that is'n a literal copy paste, but a slight alteration. Doing original will require more time, but if you intend to make him as he should, that means you planned to have enough time before.

And the tease separating the series would just deconfirm that if it would be true, but that will only be known at the end of speculation or reveal trailer.

Newcomers never appears in potd. if he appears, deconfirmed because it would be in a trophy or sort.

You should have told me because there's one thing you can do that would enhance greatly the TTYD part: Text hack.

The text are just in txt files encoded in standard ASCII. You would just edit the file and make a new rom from them and record the footage with the new text.

Still, video is quite good especially the balance between all games. Tough, I would just refer the TTYD tittle screen as it's so dynamic while the PM64 one is more soft, but still good. It's just that I seem to like more dynamic approach in trailers.

Can't wait to see if the comments are positive or not (it's mixed honestly in the overall).

I would love the later, but as the stage is very broad in repping, I tend to like more global theme there such as any tittle screen, but I agree that the later is hype (the former is great, but I doubt it'll fit the stage).

So, there's a lot of stuff going on for me IRL that I would probably be on this forum less frequently, BUT I'll never leave the thread you can be sure about that. I can't check potd live anymore so, do me a favor if you're there: Any trailer or direct announcement or any further info on the repping of anything in the series related or not to the stage: pm me or tag me here. That would help me a lot.

Oh, I want to bring up a question that I actually never tough about it. Yesterday, I was in the social thread and there was some dark pit talk and someone told to not like character with recolors. Since I didn't do that for a while, I bring him up. The person was actually against, but a mod replied to my post by saying that he doesn't think he's a recolor, but rather a different artstyle while dark pit is a recolor...

I found that perspective very interesting since I never tough that being a different design despite having a similar looking would help to not be a clone. Because that would be like toon link which means that you might think he's a clone.

When you think about it tough, it would even make sense with the name. It's not just the character, but the moves too. The hammer has to be in the same artstyle as well as partners, particles, animation and assets.

I mean I guess he could be a clone, but I wonder if it's even possible to make him feel like mario at all from a design perspective.

Because not only it wouldn't fit himself, but it wouldn't even fit the clone base :)
Yeah, it would be more work to make a clone then to work with existing models to base the new one off of

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Your Right! Mario's Moveset is based on SM64 and Sunshine! Paper Mario is about the size of Kirby and Olimar so there's no way, Paper Mario could Share his Moveset

Any Idea's for his Final Smash?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Your Right! Mario's Moveset is based on SM64 and Sunshine! Paper Mario is about the size of Kirby and Olimar so there's no way, Paper Mario could Share his Moveset

Any Idea's for his Final Smash?
There are plenty of Special Moves in the first two Paper Mario games to chose from. Showstopper, Starstorm, Star Beam, Art Attack, Supernova, you name it

Last edited:

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
Gosh, I'm finally back.

After any reveal follows a Pic of the Day. For example:
Pic of the day. Robin, the avatar in Fire Emblem Awakening, joins the battle!! As a master of tomes and the Levin sword, Robin's not like any other swordfighter. You can also select Robin's gender when you play.
They all include an in-game picture.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

I wanted to change the text in the intro with Luigi. I wanted him to say Sakurai instead of Princess Peach. I don't have the tools for that however, and I don't have any recording software currently installed.

I actually liked the first Paper Mario's title theme more than TTYD's. Both are great, but I prefer the medley in the original one.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Does everyone have Twitter? I need an Answer. Pretty Soon im going to be creating a Paper Mario Campaign to get us recognized!

Top Bottom