• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Thinner character, bigger appeal!" Paper Mario for SSB4; Thread migration soon!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
2 weeks after the reveal of the 3DS Paper Mario stage is the CoroCoro magazine-August 12th. With the Paper Mario Japanese anniversary the day before....is it possible it was laid out with the exact, perfect amount of time to work?
The coro coro does nothing. They will reveal what is announced already and showing stages will not tell me if it's Paper Mario rep, but logic points to be the case.

But, 2 weeks after the stage reveal (the least amount of time I expect so could be more), it happens to be the same week as PM64 anniversary.

Just look forward to any announcement on that week because that would be my red flag.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
But, 2 weeks after the stage reveal (the least amount of time I expect so could be more), it happens to be the same week as PM64 anniversary.

Just look forward to any announcement on that week because that would be my red flag.
I just hope they don't do what they did with Toon Link in Brawl, by keeping Paper Mario a secret until Japanese release.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Having a general direct makes any trailer likely.

Having being teased before make him in a trailer appear likely

Why it's unlikely?

The reason it's rumoured to be in August is because this would be the time it would usually happens which is 2 months after the last one (but we can consider E3 as being one).

I already did research on directs and most of them are the second or third weeks of the month, but rarely happens on Monday and frequently on Wednesday and Thursday. Seeing a direct in the same week would be enough for a red flag or even better, getting teased for one trailer the Friday before, but that is unlikely.

So, let's just wait, but I don't consider him being revealed unlikely because of that tease.

Actually, did you found that Sakurai was playing with your emotions?

That's supposed to be the point of the tease...
I said "it may be unlikely", first of all. But secondly I'm not really one to expect my wishes to come true for upcoming games in general, so you may see me act sort of pessimistic from time to time.

He's extra likely to be in a trailer reveal (if he's in the game) more than ever before because of the stage. I never said it was unlikely because of that either? That doesn't even make sense. Five words of self-doubt, that's all what I said meant lol. I don't want to be a downer though.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I said "it may be unlikely", first of all. But secondly I'm not really one to expect my wishes to come true for upcoming games in general, so you may see me act sort of pessimistic from time to time.

He's extra likely to be in a trailer reveal (if he's in the game) more than ever before because of the stage. I never said it was unlikely because of that either? That doesn't even make sense. Five words of self-doubt, that's all what I said meant lol. I don't want to be a downer though.
Well, I'm optimistic because I was actually sceptical on other theories I had and they turned out to be the actual truth and they aren't related to Paper Mario.

Also, me not being able to get disappointed. Even if I'm confident that it was a tease, not being a tease won't make me mad. Just the stage is more than enough rep so I could be wrong and still be happy.

See, this is why I'm loving speculation now. I just said in Ridley thread that he was almost confirmed because of what just happened here.

Anyway, back to moveset topic:

What would you like as victory pose?

I remember that I had tons of ideas when I made my movesets, but I of course had to omit some. I think one could involves partners.

EDIT: morbid read this?

Didn't expect that.

Last edited:

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
I think a good victory post would be from Paper Mario N64, where after he wins a battle, he shakes his finger. (So, his N64 Victory pose)

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Paper Mario would be a very unique character, a character with Infinite Potential if you will!

I've loved the first three games equally. Not a big fan of Sticker Star but not many people are.

Add me to the supporters!

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Well, I'm optimistic because I was actually sceptical on other theories I had and they turned out to be the actual truth and they aren't related to Paper Mario.

Also, me not being able to get disappointed. Even if I'm confident that it was a tease, not being a tease won't make me mad. Just the stage is more than enough rep so I could be wrong and still be happy.

See, this is why I'm loving speculation now. I just said in Ridley thread that he was almost confirmed because of what just happened here.

Anyway, back to moveset topic:

I remember that I had tons of ideas when I made my movesets, but I of course had to omit some. I think one could involves partners.

EDIT: morbid read this?

Didn't expect that.
Optimism is a good attitude to have, but I personally try not to get my hopes up sometimes. :p

May be too obvious, but the pose he has where he looks forwards with a thumbs up would fit well. I love that one.

Last edited:

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
I just thought..
If Paper Mario got in representing his own series, same as the 3DS stage and Wii U stage (if they give him one for a trailer)..
would we get a Paper Mario series assist trophy as well?
Pac-Man and Wii Fit Trainers don't have one, I know, but the thought just came to me.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I just thought..
If Paper Mario got in representing his own series, same as the 3DS stage and Wii U stage (if they give him one for a trailer)..
would we get a Paper Mario series assist trophy as well?
Pac-Man and Wii Fit Trainers don't have one, I know, but the thought just came to me.
Doopliss: Disguises as one of the players as a decoy and can deal a few hits? He can be taken out easily or until his time runs out.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I just thought..
would we get a Paper Mario assist trophy as well?
The though of having a Wii Fit Trainer one just spawned weird images in my head :)

But it's fairly possible. If they want to have a minimum of hazard on the WiiU stage, but still want to have assist as "hazard", could happen.

Tough, it doesn't mean that it will happen just because he's playable, but if I look how much potential this series has...

Everything is possible :colorful:

I actually don't know what content in smash can't be used for this series. You could implement anything.

As awesome as it sounds, I would want Rawk Hawk or Cortez (I honestly would hype if I see those 2 even get a trophy like seriously they are epic for smash).

After... maybe something like a bandit or so? You could easily implement minors one too.

I'm daydreaming, but it's actually funny to see that it's even possible because of that stage :)

Doopliss: Disguises as one of the players as a decoy and can deal a few hits? He can be taken out easily or until his time runs out.
Oh that one too. You become a silhouette and your name in the HUD would say "----------------------" :troll:

I'm joking, but god I love that chapter. Would be a nice reference now that I think about it.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Snake's Codecs for Paper Mario
Snake: Otacon, I've got Mario here but he's looking a little different this time
Otacon: That's not Mario. That's Paper Mario, he's from a different universe his universe is made out of nothing but Paper isn't that neat!
Snake: ... I guess but I would be worried wadded up and being thrown away!
Otacon: Not going to happen Paper Mario has all kinds of Weapons at hand. He's got Hammers, a Sticker Book, Pixls he's got it all so watch out!!
Snake: It Shouldn't hurt or anything right? Since it's made out of Paper.
Otacon: Just start fighting him!!! OKAY!
Snake: Rather not.
Otacon: Why not!?
Snake: I'm afraid i'll get a Paper Cut!
Otacon: It's not like you to whine Snake!
*Ends Transmission*

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Snake's Codecs for Paper Mario
Snake: Otacon, I've got Mario here but he's looking a little different this time
Otacon: That's not Mario. That's Paper Mario, he's from a different universe his universe is made out of nothing but Paper isn't that neat!
Snake: ... I guess but I would be worried wadded up and being thrown away!
Otacon: Not going to happen Paper Mario has all kinds of Weapons at hand. He's got Hammers, a Sticker Book, Pixls he's got it all so watch out!!
Snake: It Shouldn't hurt or anything right? Since it's made out of Paper.
Otacon: Just start fighting him!!! OKAY!
Snake: Rather not.
Otacon: Why not!?
Snake: I'm afraid i'll get a Paper Cut!
Otacon: It's not like you to whine Snake!
*Ends Transmission*
I just tough of it and I don't know why it took me that long.

How snake can possibly get cut by a paper?

Literally, his suit is covering the whole skin except the face. :troll:

Actually, it makes me think of many trailers jokes with him being light...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
...Hyrule Warriors Direct? Is that what I'm seeing?
It's known since 1 or 2 days ago...

But please, that's clearly straws here. If it is not smash related, it's nothing and Paper Mario is even less related as it relates to zelda.

So, no false hype please. Be patient it will happen eventually :)

-Coco-

Smash Ace
I would like to be added to the list of supporters! =) He's my most wanted newcomer and it's one of my favorite franchises of all time!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Hey guys! Haven't been here in a while. I was thinking of something lately. Which of these two would make a better final smash? Art Attack or Showstopper?

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Don't be to hopeful with focused directs. Mario Kart 8 didn't reveal anything for Smash. But if anything they may reveal Ganondorf.

Anyway Victory Poses!

Pose 1: Mario wags his finger.

Pose 2: Mario appears falling down after hitting a ceiling with his Spring Jump.

Pose 3: Mario raises both hands summoning the Crystal Stars.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Hey guys! Haven't been here in a while. I was thinking of something lately. Which of these two would make a better final smash? Art Attack or Showstopper?
I already said it somewhere. I think Sweet Treat would be a cool final smash, since it represents all Crystal Stars in someway.

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
It's known since 1 or 2 days ago...

But please, that's clearly straws here. If it is not smash related, it's nothing and Paper Mario is even less related as it relates to zelda.

So, no false hype please. Be patient it will happen eventually :)
I didn't notice until today, and yeah, I know it has nothing to do with Smash. No false hype intended. Kinda wish it was a general Direct, though.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Art Attack would be a little more fun IMO. However, Showstopper would probably work a little better.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I say Paper Mario will be a secret character. If not we will push for DLC wont we?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I would like to be added to the list of supporters! =) He's my most wanted newcomer and it's one of my favorite franchises of all time!
Added!

We're at 96 supporters btw, I would like to reach the milestone of 100...

Art attack, but the other is a good one too if it's not RNG.

Btw, lovely avatar :)

I say Paper Mario will be a secret character. If not we will push for DLC wont we?
:ohwell:

I don't think I'm that much interested in DLC speculation because of the infinite deadline. I really want to put my energy now for the better.

But from now on, I don't think tease would be revealed after release. If you think about it, for something made in the intent of mind blowing those who denied this, I don't see why it wouldn't be done at the same time.

Also because of no WiiU stage probably hidden for the same purpose.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Also... Prism tower was shown... then Greninja was shown...and on his trailer we got the Pokémon League stage

Wizela

Smash Rookie
Oh, yeah, feel free to put me on the supporters list too, for whatever it's worth.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Oh, yeah, feel free to put me on the supporters list too, for whatever it's worth.
It will worth it! Just wait and see! Let Paper Mario paperize your soul!

Edit: Only 3 more supporters to reach 100

Last edited:

LaughingLuigi

Smash Apprentice
Add me to the support list, please! Paper Mario is one of my favorite franchises ever, and I'd love to see Paper Mario playable. He has infinite moveset potential. Here's hoping Paper Mario (or Ridley) gets announced in the August Nintendo Direct!

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Finally found the Paper Mario TTYD SGDQ speedruns by simply searching for it. It was weird because it didn't show up on the fanmade channel after it was said to go after Siglemic's run so I thought it just didn't happen.

I'm only 14 minutes in but ill be able to finish this 6 hour Marathon at some point.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm on mobile si I'll add you to the list later.

Finally found the Paper Mario TTYD SGDQ speedruns by simply searching for it. It was weird because it didn't show up on the fanmade channel after it was said to go after Siglemic's run so I thought it just didn't happen.

I'm only 14 minutes in but ill be able to finish this 6 hour Marathon at some point.
Ah It's Almolicious, most active TTYD speedrunner and current record holder. It's because I watched his stream that I started glitch hunting.

I talked with him and he told me that he did pretty well for marathon quality. Yeah, with my contributions, I became in touch with him and I'm actually a mod in his chat :)

I linked this thread recently which is a thing only mod can do and it got 20 guests. There's a meme on flavio in his chat and they didn't know his ship have been confirmed so when I linked the proof, it exploded of flavio icons :)

btw, I seriously recommend to watch him. The chat is hilarious most of the time so it's fun to watch. I should link his channel if you want.

http://www.twitch.tv/almolicious

He speed run other games too, but mainly TTYD.

Also, only 2 supporters left...

EDIT: nope it´s 3, wizela and sa-y were added already.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Add me to the support list if you haven't already. :)

The SGDQ Paper Mario run is a great watch. Almolicious is one of my favourite streamers. :) The run will take up a large part of your day, though, so... grab the popcorn! :p

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
To everyone comparing Paper Mario to Toon Link: Paper Mario actually is Mario. He's not an incarnation so much as he is an embodiment of a vision from a different/unique perspective.

That said, this fact doesn't hurt Paper Mario's chances of appearing as playable, given there are separated character forms as with the cases of Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS.

I'm a gigantic Paper Mario fan and wouldn't mind at all if Paper Mario were playable, but I fear that out of prospective candidates from the Mario universe, Bowser Jr. and Fawful are much better choices (even though the latter is dead). I also don't think the Mario series should be overrepresented, or that Sakurai actually wants that to happen, even if he does begin considering Paper Mario.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
To everyone comparing Paper Mario to Toon Link: Paper Mario actually is Mario. He's not an incarnation so much as he is an embodiment of a vision from a different/unique perspective.

That said, this fact doesn't hurt Paper Mario's chances of appearing as playable, given there are separated character forms who the cases of Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS.

I'm a gigantic Paper Mario fan and wouldn't mind at all if Paper Mario were playable, but I fear that out of prospective candidates from the Mario universe, Bowser Jr. and Fawful are much better choices (even though the latter is dead). I also don't think the Mario series should be overrepresented, or that Sakurai actually wants that to happen, even if he does begin considering Paper Mario.
for the repping, it really doesn't matter to his decision. What matters probably the most is the general playstyle whch I think Paper Mario and jr are ok, but I can't tell for fawful.

There's popularity which both jr and PM are decent while jr is slighly better. Both are appealing but imo, Paper Mario has an advantage because of him being a paper.

Since we got 4 fe rep, this should tell you something.

I would say that those concern were worth to talk, but not any more.

He got teased by stage reveal. Read the chance section in the OP, but I think he's quite likely now.

If he started the tease, those questions wouldn't matter now. I think he even repped his series as a whole entity. I made a theory on this teasing method which you can read on the previous page. This would have happened at least 3 times, Ridley is happening and him being another one is likely.

I think he's in. I'm not as sure as Ridley who imo is almost confirmed, but enough to even expect him now.

I wonder if you got the tease...

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
PM is also a very unique character, though at the same time, Bowser Jr. is if they incorporate his Paintbrush and Shadow Mario shenanigans.

Sakurai also made it very clear he wants unique character in both voice and presentation.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
for the repping, it really doesn't matter to his decision. What matters probably the most is the general playstyle whch I think Paper Mario and jr are ok, but I can't tell for fawful.

There's popularity which both jr and PM are decent while jr is slighly better. Both are appealing but imo, Paper Mario has an advantage because of him being a paper.

Since we got 4 fe rep, this should tell you something.

I would say that those concern were worth to talk, but not any more.

He got teased by stage reveal. Read the chance section in the OP, but I think he's quite likely now.

If he started the tease, those questions wouldn't matter now. I think he even repped his series as a whole entity. I made a theory on this teasing method which you can read on the previous page. This would have happened at least 3 times, Ridley is happening and him being another one is likely.

I think he's in. I'm not as sure as Ridley who imo is almost confirmed, but enough to even expect him now.

I wonder if you got the tease...
Good points, and I got the tease (stage reveal), and that actually ups Paper Mario's chances, but keep in mind that Sakurai likes to troll and swerve.

Also, I really like the idea of Tattles for characters working like Snake's codec convos in Brawl.

Last edited:

SmashingObjection

Smash Cadet
NNID
Leviathan
3DS FC
1521-5713-8600
I know this is really late, but add me to the supporter list! TTYD is my favorite game of all time and Paper Mario would be a blast!

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Both Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. deserve spots on the roster. Their moveset potential is exceptional and I don't see the issue with Mario as a franchise receiving even more representation. :)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Good points, and I got the tease (stage reveal), and that actually ups Paper Mario's chances, but keep in mind that Sakurai likes to troll and swerve.

Also, I really like the idea of Tattles for characters working like Snake's codec convos in Brawl.
He did mislead already. That is what you would call "trolling". I don't like this word because of how I realised it was actually smart.

Seriously tough, read from page 19 and it's exactly how it should happen. At least 10 people claimed to gave been reached emotionally while meaning that Sakurai "toy with emotion".

That's supposed to be the point of the tease and since I'm probably the biggest supporter here, I was probably the most targeted.

As for the others, the simple existence of the counterargument "it reps existing mario characters" even helps this.

If you don't get it, here's the global theory I was talking about:

[collapse=The HTSRST theory]
I call them HTSRST, or "Hidden Tease by Stage Reveal with Selected Targeting"

Seems kinda long, but it explains the most of what's happening.

First, those tease are done by a stage reveal. To tell that it's HTSRST, it has to be hidden and done with selected targeting.

And that's the most interesting part here. See, Sakurai already acknowledged how any fan should feel upon deconfirmation of their favourite character. I could give a source, but I don't remember where he said that, but I think it was when he said that he would have to cut characters when it was needed or something.

So, I think it makes sense to say that he can understands the feeling of his fans.

Those tease are done with SELECTED TARGETING. It means that Sakurai will specifically design the tease to only work on a previously selected target of people. The target are the one who care about the character teased and the most determinate are the most targeted. For people who are not targeted, not only the tease doesn't work, but it also make those people assume the truth since the tease is hidden.

Upon the revel of the stage, what triggers the tease is NOT saying something crucial for speculation, or at most, mention it, but by being intentionally UNCLEAR. For the target, they would get the tease because they would care so much that they would be tempted to analyse the material Sakurai gave with the reveal to realise that there's "something fishy". They would get that not being clear on this piece of info shouldn't happen and this is what triggers investigation to know what's going on.

But for the one who aren't targeted, they won't investigate and they won't get something weird since those don't care enough about the character. It makes them ASSUME the truth for what is first IMPLIED without actually have been said by Sakurai.

That's when the tease becomes hidden. By implying this truth, it would actually contradicts what the tease is trying to tell. This would make the people who aren't targeted DENY the tease and the only one who would get it is the target.

Because of this unbalanced knowledge, it creates speculations and so, the tease is more talked. For the people who denied it, the reveal would make more surprise since the possibility was denied.

The reason it's by stage reveal is because the stage is probably the best evidence you could provide to change the situation of any character's chance. Most stages has at least one playable character related to it and Sakurai choose stages that are more related to one character for his tease.

Making a stage requires a huge amount of work. There's so much details in them that the amount of work put into it has to be for a special reason. The teased stages are specifically related to one character to make a "home feel" for him.

That's why selected targeting works here. By caring about the character, you probably care about the stage choice too. By not caring, the tease has less chances to work as it's not something you would understand perfectly.
[/collapse]

So far, and I even bring this on another thread to be sure about something, nothing seems to be wrong with it, but the more I think about it, the more the foundation of this is solid.

Seriously, I think I'll pm a mod to make a thread on this. Because to be frank, I expect at least another one until direct. That is why he's playing with stages in a weird fashion. I spotted nothing on the starfox and pokemon stage we got recently, but I did on Paper Mario. For the starfox one, I asked in Krystal's thread and nothing points towards an HTSRST, but there's something fishy already.

The starfox stage would be so far the only unclear WiiU stage showed. I read some theories of supporters and what I got is impossible to prove for now, but it's intriguing.

So, since it could help any case of this which includes Paper Mario, expect nothing, but be VERY careful on the following POTD.

I'm serious. I don't know what will happen and quite honestly, it makes me scared.

So, here's Sanctuary guardians...

I will PM a mod tonight. It became way too scary to hide this and I'm confident it's mostly accurate. I may not have enough foundation, but I can't wait any more.

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
He did mislead already. That is what you would call "trolling". I don't like this word because of how I realised it was actually smart.

Seriously tough, read from page 19 and it's exactly how it should happen. At least 10 people claimed to gave been reached emotionally while meaning that Sakurai "toy with emotion".

That's supposed to be the point of the tease and since I'm probably the biggest supporter here, I was probably the most targeted.

As for the others, the simple existence of the counterargument "it reps existing mario characters" even helps this.

If you don't get it, here's the global theory I was talking about:

[collapse=The HTSRST theory]
I call them HTSRST, or "Hidden Tease by Stage Reveal with Selected Targeting"

Seems kinda long, but it explains the most of what's happening.

First, those tease are done by a stage reveal. To tell that it's HTSRST, it has to be hidden and done with selected targeting.

And that's the most interesting part here. See, Sakurai already acknowledged how any fan should feel upon deconfirmation of their favourite character. I could give a source, but I don't remember where he said that, but I think it was when he said that he would have to cut characters when it was needed or something.

So, I think it makes sense to say that he can understands the feeling of his fans.

Those tease are done with SELECTED TARGETING. It means that Sakurai will specifically design the tease to only work on a previously selected target of people. The target are the one who care about the character teased and the most determinate are the most targeted. For people who are not targeted, not only the tease doesn't work, but it also make those people assume the truth since the tease is hidden.

Upon the revel of the stage, what triggers the tease is NOT saying something crucial for speculation, or at most, mention it, but by being intentionally UNCLEAR. For the target, they would get the tease because they would care so much that they would be tempted to analyse the material Sakurai gave with the reveal to realise that there's "something fishy". They would get that not being clear on this piece of info shouldn't happen and this is what triggers investigation to know what's going on.

But for the one who aren't targeted, they won't investigate and they won't get something weird since those don't care enough about the character. It makes them ASSUME the truth for what is first IMPLIED without actually have been said by Sakurai.

That's when the tease becomes hidden. By implying this truth, it would actually contradicts what the tease is trying to tell. This would make the people who aren't targeted DENY the tease and the only one who would get it is the target.

Because of this unbalanced knowledge, it creates speculations and so, the tease is more talked. For the people who denied it, the reveal would make more surprise since the possibility was denied.

The reason it's by stage reveal is because the stage is probably the best evidence you could provide to change the situation of any character's chance. Most stages has at least one playable character related to it and Sakurai choose stages that are more related to one character for his tease.

Making a stage requires a huge amount of work. There's so much details in them that the amount of work put into it has to be for a special reason. The teased stages are specifically related to one character to make a "home feel" for him.

That's why selected targeting works here. By caring about the character, you probably care about the stage choice too. By not caring, the tease has less chances to work as it's not something you would understand perfectly.
[/collapse]

So far, and I even bring this on another thread to be sure about something, nothing seems to be wrong with it, but the more I think about it, the more the foundation of this is solid.

Seriously, I think I'll pm a mod to make a thread on this. Because to be frank, I expect at least another one until direct. That is why he's playing with stages in a weird fashion. I spotted nothing on the starfox and pokemon stage we got recently, but I did on Paper Mario. For the starfox one, I asked in Krystal's thread and nothing points towards an HTSRST, but there's something fishy already.

The starfox stage would be so far the only unclear WiiU stage showed. I read some theories of supporters and what I got is impossible to prove for now, but it's intriguing.

So, since it could help any case of this which includes Paper Mario, expect nothing, but be VERY careful on the following POTD.

I'm serious. I don't know what will happen and quite honestly, it makes me scared.

So, here's Sanctuary guardians...

I will PM a mod tonight. It became way too scary to hide this and I'm confident it's mostly accurate. I may not have enough foundation, but I can't wait any more.
You know, that song sounds like something out of a detective film. Which is surprisingly fitting... I really think that you're on to something here. And so, we wait.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You know, that song sounds like something out of a detective film. Which is surprisingly fitting... I really think that you're on to something here. And so, we wait.
Oh you don't know?

That's a trademark I have when I want to tell something crucial that needs to have serious consideration. I use this mostly in the header of my essay for this reason.

This is a boss fight music from earthbound (btw, if you have a WiiU, 10$ on VC, BUY IT, it's art and if you loved TTYD, you'll love this for sure). I have to say that this music is very impressive. It's the most serious atmosphere I got by just a music. It constantly reminds you how crucial the fight is and that any mistake may be fatal. It became to a point when I was reconsidering my strategy because of this music. It's amazing.

I had a philosophy in debates that lead me to use this music.

When I do a long essay that I want serious consideration in it, I listen to this music in loop for the whole time I type it (my longest on Ridley was 5 hours). Then, I always put it as a header in my essay.

My motive is this: it's a reminder for me to think carefully and for the readers to consider carefully as it can be crucial in debates.

That's why it's very important for me to put this music. My text and the video are bound together and needs to be together for my essay to tell his true message.

To give you an example, the first evidence present on this post is my longest essay on Ridley -> http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...the-detractors-paradise.324284/#post-14609370

It's long, but the music keep your attention.

I actually did an essay on Paper Mario chances here, but it's outdated. The reason it's not on the OP is because of the purpose of the post, presentation, not debates.

So that's why I love this music and actually, I want it in smash for the same reason, but that would surprise me if it happens.

Also, check this image, it's the supporter list:

Check numbers of lines...

... ... ... ... ...

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

I'm so glad that I came that far. Thanks everyone on the list for being part of the first 100 supporters (I'm on the list so it's 100 excluding myself)

Now, should I enclose it in spoiler tags or leave it as it is? It begins to make my mouse wheel suffer :)

But really, thanks. Even if he's not playable, at least I managed to spread his love.

Last edited:

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
Oh you don't know?

That's a trademark I have when I want to tell something crucial that needs to have serious consideration. I use this mostly in the header of my essay for this reason.

This is a boss fight music from earthbound (btw, if you have a WiiU, 10$ on VC, BUY IT, it's art and if you loved TTYD, you'll love this for sure). I have to say that this music is very impressive. It's the most serious atmosphere I got by just a music. It constantly reminds you how crucial the fight is and that any mistake may be fatal. It became to a point when I was reconsidering my strategy because of this music. It's amazing.

I had a philosophy in debates that lead me to use this music.

When I do a long essay that I want serious consideration in it, I listen to this music in loop for the whole time I type it (my longest on Ridley was 5 hours). Then, I always put it as a header in my essay.

My motive is this: it's a reminder for me to think carefully and for the readers to consider carefully as it can be crucial in debates.

That's why it's very important for me to put this music. My text and the video are bound together and needs to be together for my essay to tell his true message.

To give you an example, the first evidence present on this post is my longest essay on Ridley -> http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...the-detractors-paradise.324284/#post-14609370

It's long, but the music keep your attention.

I actually did an essay on Paper Mario chances here, but it's outdated. The reason it's not on the OP is because of the purpose of the post, presentation, not debates.

So that's why I love this music and actually, I want it in smash for the same reason, but that would surprise me if it happens.

Also, check this image, it's the supporter list:

Check numbers of lines...

... ... ... ... ...

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

I'm so glad that I came that far. Thanks everyone on the list for being part of the first 100 supporters (I'm on the list so it's 100 excluding myself)

Now, should I enclose it in spoiler tags or leave it as it is? It begins to make my mouse wheel suffer :)

But really, thanks. Even if he's not playable, at least I managed to spread his love.
Well first off, how could I know? I joined Wednesday. :p In other news, I already have Earthbound on WiiU! :ness: Great game, but I haven't gotten very far yet, mostly due to it being kinda hard.

Top Bottom