• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's pretty pixels: Round Two!

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
shouldn't the shoulders be higher up like in this?

or are they that low to match her hitboxes/hurtboxes?
They're higher and more proper looking when you're actually using her in a match. They come down a bit lower on that particular victory pose for some reason.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
btw v2 pack is already out, it was released when I posted that last image, just go to the download page on kcmm

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Hey, @ Ryztiq Ryztiq ! If you don't mind me contributing to the thread, I made my own set of CSPs for your Prime Samus pack! I only made them for the character select screen, but if you'd like me to make them into battle portraits, icons, etc., just let me know, or feel free to implement them yourself. :D

Here are the CSPs I made.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Hey, @ Ryztiq Ryztiq ! If you don't mind me contributing to the thread, I made my own set of CSPs for your Prime Samus pack! I only made them for the character select screen, but if you'd like me to make them into battle portraits, icons, etc., just let me know, or feel free to implement them yourself. :D

Feel free to release them on your own but I generally make my own images, I'm also planning to do 3ds Max renders for all the models that will be in my build.

Obskore

Smash Ace

hey cool! did you use Brawl Box? because i don't see the shaders and reflections but the post is nice enough

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I love the Prime Samus as you've made it, but there does seem to be something weird about the shoulder positioning. I get that it may be off a little bit for certain animations (I haven't downloaded it yet due to work and stuff) but it's present even in the render. Why is that?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I love the Prime Samus as you've made it, but there does seem to be something weird about the shoulder positioning. I get that it may be off a little bit for certain animations (I haven't downloaded it yet due to work and stuff) but it's present even in the render. Why is that?
Probably just due to how it's rigged, I didnt change the rig between my pack and the original model I got from brawlvault a while ago, but samus's shoulders move oddly sometimes.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
hey cool! did you use Brawl Box? because i don't see the shaders and reflections but the post is nice enough
Yeah, I made a custom pose and saved in in BrawlBox, then just load it up whenever I open a model. I take the snapshots, then edit them in GIMP and make them look nicer!

Obskore

Smash Ace
Yeah, I made a custom pose and saved in in BrawlBox, then just load it up whenever I open a model. I take the snapshots, then edit them in GIMP and make them look nicer!
yeah, but the newest BrawlBox version shows shaders and materials, that why i asked. i just don't see them in your CSPs, which i thought was strange (not a complain though)

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Probably just due to how it's rigged, I didnt change the rig between my pack and the original model I got from brawlvault a while ago, but samus's shoulders move oddly sometimes.
Ah, okay. Would you consider altering the rig or asking someone else to alter it? It does seem pretty out of place. Otherwise the model is perfect IMO.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
yeah, but the newest BrawlBox version shows shaders and materials, that why i asked. i just don't see them in your CSPs, which i thought was strange (not a complain though)
Ohh, okay. Sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking... I'm using v0.68d I believe, so I wasn't aware of that. Perhaps I should upgrade.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
Ohh, okay. Sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking... I'm using v0.68d I believe, so I wasn't aware of that. Perhaps I should upgrade.
totally! although, some people run into issues with that new feature like me, materials look messed up or textures turn into transparent space, it's weird, but that's because my pc is a toaster with intel and 2gb of ram :p

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
WELP, I GOTTA REUPLOAD ALL THE IMAGES FROM THE MAIN PAGE. ...****
In other news, take this

RedheadORama

Smash Rookie
WELP, I GOTTA REUPLOAD ALL THE IMAGES FROM THE MAIN PAGE. ...****
In other news, take this
Is this usable with the alternate stage loader? I'd love to have this as the main stage, and the thwomps one as a "hold L" stage, but I'm not sure how to go about that.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Is this usable with the alternate stage loader? I'd love to have this as the main stage, and the thwomps one as an "hold L" stage, but I'm not sure how to go about that.
You'd need to learn to edit the code in the .gct file to add it as an alternate stage, but yes its very possible!

Here's a quick tutorial on how the alt stage codes work.

Start by looking for DEADBEEF BABEBEEF in the codeset, you’ll find it twice near the top and underneath each there’ll be a ton of coding, the first section below DEADBEEF BABEBEEF is for stage files, and the second one is for their module files (or RELs).

* DEADBEEF BABEBEEF
* 46000010 00000000
* 44000000 005A7CB0
* 66200033 00000000
* 45415254 01000000
* 00400019 00000000

Amount of Stages (33 = 51 stages since the code stores the number in hex)

First 4 letters of stage file name (45415254 = EART)

Amount of button combinations (01 = 1 combination, the next line is how the combination works)

Amount of Random stages to load (Order by letter, _A _B _C etc.)

Buttons to activate (0140 = L which means L must be held to load the combination)

File suffix loaded (19 stands for Z, so in the example above, pressing A+L (0140) would load _Z (19)

so lets say I wanted to have it so that a stage had 5 versions of the main file that would load randomly, but I also wanted to make it so that holding L will load the alt stage no matter what. The code would look like this (using FD as an example)

* 46494E41 01050000
* 00400019 00000000

Now, lets say I wanted to do the same thing but this time I wanted it so that I could load one alt stage by holding L, and another by holding A+L, it'd look like this.

* 46494E41 02050000
* 00400019 00000000
* 01400018 00000000

The first line had the 01 change to 02, which means there's two button combinations. A third line was added which is the second combination possible. Notice how I put 18 instead of 19, which means that the second combination loads STGFINAL_Y.pac instead of STGFINAL_Z.pac

Remember, you need to edt the line below * 44000000 005A7CB0 for each section of code so that it knows how many lines to read, if I were to add that button combination for final destination to both parts of the code, I'd need the line that says * 66200033 00000000 to say * 66200036 00000000 instead, because there's now 54 lines of code instead of 51.

The calculator program in windows has a nice programmer mode that can calculate hex and decimal back and forth, and HxD is good for finding out what the name of the stage in hex is.

as another note, my custom build will be having this as an alt

Last edited:

RedheadORama

Smash Rookie
Wow. Thank you for the detailed response! The color-coding is a nice touch, makes it very easy to read. I'm not very experienced with hex editing, so I'll try my best...

On a seperate note, will using your announcer voice pack affect anything in the game, now that PM's files that the announcer is in are already modified?

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
You'd need to learn to edit the code in the .gct file to add it as an alternate stage, but yes its very possible!

Here's a quick tutorial on how the alt stage codes work.

Start by looking for DEADBEEF BABEBEEF in the codeset, you’ll find it twice near the top and underneath each there’ll be a ton of coding, the first section below DEADBEEF BABEBEEF is for stage files, and the second one is for their module files (or RELs).

* DEADBEEF BABEBEEF
* 46000010 00000000
* 44000000 005A7CB0
* 66200033 00000000
* 45415254 01000000
* 00400019 00000000

Amount of Stages (33 = 51 stages since the code stores the number in hex)

First 4 letters of stage file name (45415254 = EART)

Amount of button combinations (01 = 1 combination, the next line is how the combination works)

Amount of Random stages to load (Order by letter, _A _B _C etc.)

Buttons to activate (0140 = L which means L must be held to load the combination)

File suffix loaded (19 stands for Z, so in the example above, pressing A+L (0140) would load _Z (19)

so lets say I wanted to have it so that a stage had 5 versions of the main file that would load randomly, but I also wanted to make it so that holding L will load the alt stage no matter what. The code would look like this (using FD as an example)

* 46494E41 01050000
* 00400019 00000000

Now, lets say I wanted to do the same thing but this time I wanted it so that I could load one alt stage by holding L, and another by holding A+L, it'd look like this.

* 46494E41 02050000
* 00400019 00000000
* 01400018 00000000

The first line had the 01 change to 02, which means there's two button combinations. A third line was added which is the second combination possible. Notice how I put 18 instead of 19, which means that the second combination loads STGFINAL_Y.pac instead of STGFINAL_Z.pac

Remember, you need to edt the line below * 44000000 005A7CB0 for each section of code so that it knows how many lines to read, if I were to add that button combination for final destination to both parts of the code, I'd need the line that says * 66200033 00000000 to say * 66200036 00000000 instead, because there's now 54 lines of code instead of 51.

The calculator program in windows has a nice programmer mode that can calculate hex and decimal back and forth, and HxD is good for finding out what the name of the stage in hex is.

as another note, my custom build will be having this as an alt
I understood about 0.0% of that.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Wow. Thank you for the detailed response! The color-coding is a nice touch, makes it very easy to read. I'm not very experienced with hex editing, so I'll try my best...

On a seperate note, will using your announcer voice pack affect anything in the game, now that PM's files that the announcer is in are already modified?
I'm going to check to see if there's any other sounds besides the announcer that are edited in our new announcer, if there is I'll update my voice pack.

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
Hi Theytah I have a request. A few months back I saw a Protoman.exe on your straw poll, and I'd be so hyped if you made a model to put over marth ^_^
you don't have to rig it or anything, but I'd love to see a nice Protoman.exe model

Thanks for all your work and this thread, btw. Your work is amazing!

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Ayy so I know (hope) you're hard at work at my [REDACTED] request, but I was wondering if you could make a Clocktown stage that could maybe feature Skull Kid floating in the background with the moon frozen right before it collides with the Earth. And if all of this is impossible, then simply ignore this entire post.

EDIT: Oh and any progress on that Photshop filter that auto makes BPs and Stocks?
I have a photoshop template that auto-resizes screenshots from brawlbox so that all images I export are posed the exact same, it also lets me preview the images before i save them.

I'll release it once I find the time to make a tutorial for it.

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Just thought about something: Maybe a Paper Mr. L over Luigi since there's Paper Luigi mods?

splat

Smash Lord
Looks pretty damn awesome! The tiny beach at the bottom left bothers me more than it should though, there's a diagonal side on there.

What's the platform layout you have in mind for it?

RedheadORama

Smash Rookie
Looks pretty damn awesome! The tiny beach at the bottom left bothers me more than it should though, there's a diagonal side on there.

What's the platform layout you have in mind for it?
Judging by that screenshot, it looks like it's going to be a Green Hill Zone skin. (Check the top of the window.)

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Looks fantastic, Theytah. Great work. Definitely gonna be replacing Brawl Green Hill Zone with this when you've finished it.

RedheadORama

Smash Rookie
Yo Theytah, some of the links on your main page are messed up. For example, 20XX FD leads to Green Screen and Dreamland: Night leads to 20XX FD. Just a heads-up.

Last edited:

RedheadORama

Smash Rookie
Okay Theytah, I found something I'd like you to take a look at.

It's concept art of an Oracle of Ages/Seasons Ganondorf. Think you could make a Ganondorf alternate out of it?

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive

It's concept art of an Oracle of Ages/Seasons Ganondorf. Think you could make a Ganondorf alternate out of it?
This was something I wanted to see in Smash the moment I saw this art. But since I have zero modelling skills I had decided that'd I'd wait for someone to decide to do it.

Maybe our savior Theytah is the one.

Pizza_Prez

Smash Rookie
rad stage, theytah! I haven't had a chance to download it yet, but is it easy to apply texture packs to? I know a Steve character mod uses the minecraft templates for his skin, so I was curious!

Holy **** that's rad!

Top Bottom